Don't miss more new-ish designs on pages TWO,
THREE and FOUR!
6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Presenting New Sticks Kits from Mill Hill
Four new stitched designs by Sticks have arrived. Converted to Cross Stitch - with a few beads added for color - they celebrate nature, life adventure and coffee!
Presented as full kits, they include 14ct perforated paper (14 Aida or 28ct linen works for these too), chart, beads, flosses and needles. Each finishes a whopping 7 inches in size... lots of stitching on these but HUGE on personality and visual impact! Frames in the pics are available by order. We just love these!
When the Leaves Fall
from Blackbird Designs
Gorgeous pictures as always throughout these 48 pages! Some designs in here are new, some older - one is Barb's 2006 Loose Feathers release.
Alma has finishing steps for drums, pin cushions, box tops, draw string bags, a sewing bag, and a charming 'pumpkin' shaped pin cushion with a real stick for the stem! Everything in the book is lovely - and it's so much fun just to page through!
Cottage Garden's 2023 Snowman Collector's Series has been announced!
#1 The Needleworker!
WOWZA - This is going to be an awesome series by Vinniey Tan of Cottage Garden Samplings. Each month a new chart will release, beginning in just a few weeks - late November of 2022. Stitched on Fabrics by Stephanie's 36ct Chocolate Milk Linen. (We have it and 32ct as well!)
You can stitch each snowman individually or join them all together - as shown in her teaser pic. (This teaser pic only shows a tiny part of each of the upcoming designs, btw.) Each of the 12 charts finishes a little different in size, but all are worked with a combination of Weeks Dye Works hand-dyeds and DMC flosses.
The Needleworker is stunning - he's wearing his glorious patchwork coat, and his tummy is decorated with buttons. The background is scattered with scissors, a pin cushion, a sewing machine and spool of thread - did you notice that each of those motifs could be made into tiny fobs or cushions or ornaments? Promising to be a really fun series, we're beginning an auto-ship for the charts... lots of fabric options as well!
Presenting Just Nan's Gingerbread Peace Mouse-On-A-Tin (MOAT)
Nan has designed a tiny Christmas Mouse and added her as the 5th - and bonus - mouse in her 4-seasons series of mice on bitty tins! Little Peace Mousie's dress features doves, ribbons, berries and beaded flowers, with a lavishly decorated white tree on the back. She is holding a Peace on Earth Banner and wearing her favorite snowflake hat made from a frosted flower bead, sequins and a burgundy pearl. Perched atop her 2-inch round tin, she is magnetized, so she cannot scamper away... and inside her tin, you stitch the 1-inch needlebook.
Mouse and needlebook are suggested on 32ct Picture This Plus Gingerbread or Zweigart's Antique Almond Belfast linen. We have at least 5 other hand-dyed fabric options in house, and will send you something lovely!)
Chart includes the stitching and finishing instructions for all, the decorated tin, gold mouse tail, beads, burgundy pearl, flower bead, sequins, gold dove bead, tan felt, peace on earth banner, and magnetized button for mouse base. You'll need to add bits of DMC floss from your stash. (Our Mice/Tin auto-stitchers will receive Ms Peace Mouse AND her needed linen cut right after Thanksgiving!)
Three New Designs from With Thy Needle's Brenda Gervais
- Santa Stops Here! A quaint stone house... I want to stop here too! Brenda describes her design, "This small Christmas piece was inspired by seven small villages of German heritage, in my home state known as The Amana Colonies. When you pass down the streets, you quickly note that the businesses, many of which are brick structures, have simple black signs with white lettering for their business signage. The bonus is that this piece features The Candy Haus -- the place where Santa stops off to shop for candy canes to tuck into stockings of good boys and girls!"
Finishing approx 6 x 9 on 36ct it is worked with a mixture of DMC and hand-dyeds. The little Rudolph & Friends ornament is a companioning design... so don't miss that! So charming, it's presented as a chart.
- Rudolph & Friends - This is a companion ornament to the Santa Stops Here piece... Just a sweet design, the little snowman is surrounded by his cardinal and deer friends... and someone even brought a candy cane from The Candy Haus! Finishing about 3-1/2 inches square on 36ct - same fabric and threads as 'SSH' - make it into a small stand-up or tree ornament! Chart format.
- The Maker and Mender - This sampler celebrates the needle! The verse is taken from John Taylor's 1634 writing - Praise of the Needle. A small thing, this measures about 7 x 10 on 36ct linen. Brenda used a smattering of different hand-dyeds, and has finished off hers with a hemstitched edge treatment. You could make a little mat out of this... you could mount it INTO a bigger stitching mat, frame it. Turn it into a sewing roll, with lots of the honored needles stored inside... you decide! Two different sets of alphabets included for personalizing, Brenda used her initials along with her mother's - to honor all that patience bestowed by Mom - while she taught Brenda to stitch!
The Seasonal Petites from Little House Needleworks
Diane has released four seasonal charts in this 'Petites' series so far: Autumn, Thanksgiving and Winter... and now Snowy Petites. Each chart has 4 designs - all the same size. Tiny ornament-sized pieces - 39 x 39 - they finish only 2 x 2 on 18/36ct!
Assemble onto tag boards like in the pic, or make block stand-ups (you could put one panel on each side of the cube), tiny pin cushion bowl fillers, or even flat felt ornaments! Stitched on any neutral you like, the charts are coded for Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses or DMC.
Ho Ho Ho and Made With Love from Erin Elizabeth Designs
A pair of Christmassy Quickies by Erin Wasilieff, who we suspect is related to Shannon W of Shannon Christine Designs!
Very cute, they both measure just 58 x 60 in stitch count - so 4 x 4 on 14ct. The backgrounds on these are a gunmetal or black color - and each is coded for DMC floss. Ho Ho uses a whopping 23 shades, and the darling Made With Love has 15! Nice shading on these!
New & Old Christmas Offerings from La-D-Da
Look what came along with Lori when she came in November for our Stitch Retreat Weekend!
- Christmas in My Heart - Mr Scrooge at his best! *I will honour Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year!* This is super simple but just charming! Finishing about 4-1/2 inches square, it is stitched on 32ct Chocolate Raspberry Linen. Lori stitched it with one strand of floss over two threads using just Erin Go Emerald Classic Colorworks or DMC 500. She dotted the 'stars' with #901, but suggests metallic if you like that option. Just a quiet little piece!
- Tidings of Great Joy - This is an older design - from 2017. Stitched on Picture This Plus Wren hand-dyed, I can hear Linus in a Charlie Brown Christmas reciting this while they are all in front of the little spindly Christmas tree.*And there were shepherds abiding in the field... Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in manger.* I'm not sure the brick house resembles a manger... but maybe you can tweak that a little! The verse is a bible classic - this finishes approx 8-1.2 inches in size and is worked in a variety of just 6 shades of hand-dyeds and DMC.
Lori's Primitive Scissor Block and Fob Kit from La-D-Da
This is a REALLY charming little scissor holder - it begins very humbly as a plain 2 x 2 x 2 wooden cube with the scissor hole already drilled in it. You paint it with black acrylic craft paint, then select 5 of the included gorgeous antique and primitive prints that Lori has included in the kit. You have 20 different pics on that included sheet to choose from - so you have options. Next, grab your Modge Podge, slop it on the block, stick on the pic, and 'podge more modge' on there and you're finished!
Lori does have extra blocks available, so technically you can get one kit, and three extra blocks for a total of 4 blocks. (They make neat stitch group gifts!) She has included a bit of ribbon in the mail kit, a piece of sticky felt for the block bottom, and a charm of some kind - just to dress up your scissor a little. You can see several options in my pic... every block turns out differently!
Christmas Stamps by Two Different Designers!
This doesn't happen very often, but TWO different-but-similar designs floated through our doors in the same week! Both 'stamps'... see which one you like best, or get 'em both! The individual stamp designs would be darling stitched on perforated paper and finished with just a felt backing - more like a paper stamp than a piece of fabric with stitching... we like both of these!
- Christmas Stamps by Artmishka Cross Stitch - This design measures 197 x 189 - so will finish approx 12 x 12-1/2 on 16/32ct. Coded for 13 shades of DMC, each individual stamp is only 37 x 45... so you definitely have design options with this! I love all the little Santa faces, but the little birds are darling too!
- Sweet Christmas by Madame Chantilly -This chart companion's her Halloween and Christmas Pops pieces - it features another holiday sucker. We get more little stamps too! These little stamps are smaller than the Artmishka's... these are 23 x 23 in size. Again, pull these out of the design, do them on paper and make darling little gift tags or stamps for your tree! Entire design measures 131 x 122, and is coded for 11 shades of DMC.
We now carry Chala Handbags!
'Vegan' Leather... part of the company's profits are donated to animal rescue facilities across the nation. Their leathers are 'vegan' (a fancy way to describe 'faux leather') because their whole philosophy is to be kind to and appreciate animals!
Anyway... we have quite a fun selection of their totes, cross body cell phone cases and mini-purses, darling key fobs and coin purses. You can see a little of the variety from my pics... if you're near the shop, drop in. If you aren't but are familiar with this charming line, give us a call - we can choose something for the perfect gift!
The Night of Christmas and Merry Christmas
from Serenita di Campagna
This is a pair of Christmas designs with classic appeal. By Italian designer Cecilia Votta, each is offered as a chart and coded to DMC floss. Just simple and really pretty.
- Merry Christmas measures a generous 12 x 7 on 18/36ct. If you do it on 25 or 28, it oculd be 9 x 15 - perfect for that large elegant pillow on the chart cover.
- The Night of Christmas features Santa in his sleigh - the reindeer look like they could lose a little weight - so looks like tonight is their night to do it! Add a little sparkle to the snow on the trees below... I just love this one!
Punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher's 2022 Winter Issue has Arrived!
122 Pages full of COLOR! Inside you'll find charts, patterns, pictures, actual-sized templates for finishing, and an exceptional 6-page spread for step-by-step construction of a tree topper.
This issue includes 14 Punch Needle projects along with 17 Cross Stitch designs!
Everything Christmas or Wintery in theme... you can't go wrong with these magazines! Everything is full-sized, and all the pages are thick and glossy! Such fun simply to page through!
Spring and Summer 'Flavors' for Stitching! from October House
October House has released a few new patterns and I guess because one is a skinny row of tomatoes, it makes me think of summer and flavors!
- Winsome & Wise is stitched with Gentle Art's Simply Wool thread, but coded to DMC just in case. Finishing a little under 6 x 6 on 32ct, it features Dark Chocolate, Apple Cider, Endive, Faded Rose, Terra Cotta, Dungarees, and Chamomile.
- Beecher's Blooms feels like Spring! Just a wisp of a design... only 3 x 5 on 36ct. The pin cushion finishing is simple, so it's a win-win!
- Tomato Row is actually a bitty little thing! Measuring only 7 x 1-1/2 in size, it'd be cute perched on a windowsill... to remind you of how many tomatoes you're going to get when your vines ripen! Coded for DMC or hand-dyeds.
Several New Antique Reproduction Samplers by Isabelle of Reflets de Soie
Always gorgeous, always authentic, Isabelle's sampler collection is extensive... here are three more treats she's sharing!
- Leontine Breton 1932 features a poinsettia border along with the very 'French' alphabet font. It measures 282 x 314, and is charted for silks or DMC. We offer the leaflet and do have her pre-sorted and labeled silks available separately.
- Angela Rafuls 1875 is a Redwork piece full of alphabets and a smattering of random motifs. Actually fairly new in the world of samplers, this is done with just one shade of red. Measuring 304 x 319... grab your DMC 814 or get the silk packet!
- Marie Thibon 1878 - Another relatively 'new' sampler, this one is full of gorgeous color. Along with the extensive alphabets and that pretty border, you get roman numerals! There is actually quite a bit of over one in here... those berry baskets up near the top, and Marie must have traveled because there are trains and ships over one as well. That lavish floral motif between the birds is all over one too! Measures 323 x 278, coded for DMC or silks.
Look at What Heartstring Samplery has sent!
Beth Twist has been busy... three charts have now arrived.
- Love & Joy - A excerpt taken from The Wassail Song - also known as Here-We-Come-A-Caroling - this is worked with one shade of hand-dyed thread, on any neutral color and count you want! Measuring 119 x 61, it'll finish about 6-1/2 x 3-1/2 on 18/36ct. A pretty little thing, it has a few quilt-inspired motifs on it... and would look lovely in lots of other colorways. Lots of options for you!
- Ye Old Noel - Beth's late 1800's sampler is unmarked, undated, and missing a lot of stitches, not to mention its strange color scheme! It's disorganized and she loved the jumble of motifs squished together. So, she's reworked the colors, filled in a few missing stitches and added the word NOEL to give it a second chance at life! The pictures are bitty, but the urns of flowers and the 4 different borders are lovely. You could even do just that NOEL motif as a small pin cushion. Measuring 153 x 127, the whole piece finishes a beautifully petite 8-1/2 x 7 - a tiny Holiday surprise! DMC conversions are included but this is charted for Weeks and classic hand-dyed flosses.
- Winter Comes - Wow, here's an example of what different fabric colors will do for a piece! This is the same design - stitched on black or a lighter neutral! Inspired by Beth's love of the season and children's poetry, she wrote a few rhymes to highlight her snowy winter scene. The house with glowing windows, smoke wafting from the chimney, animals in the yard, and falling snow... it all looks so different on each of the fabrics - but the thread colors are THE SAME! Stitch it with or without the words - 'with frost and snap and gust and snow... with branch and howl, and drip and blow... with wool and boot and mitt and mug... with curl and book and hearth and snug.' Charming!
Snowmen in January!... Our November 2022 Secret Needle Night Kit
Welcome to our Secret Needle Night design for the month of November - we're getting you ready for the upcoming winter weather! This little guy matches last year's sledding scene... he's stitched with wools, and pearls cottons, and finishes about 5 x 5.
Complete kit contains the chart, 20ct linen, all the threads and smattering of beads. Mona's finishing kit provides the gunmetal gray painted board, mounting boards and all the trims and bow decor to make yours just like the stitched model. Something cute and wintery to display - hope you get snow this winter that you'll ENJOY!
Mousecapades 7 Happy Christmas!, Sweet Christmas I & II by Luminous Fiber Arts are here.
New designs have arrived from Luminous Fiber Arts!
- Mousecapades #7 Happy Christmas rounds out this delightful set of SEVEN charts. Each has featured Christmas Mice at the North Pole playing in the snow and training for the Olympics! Super cute subject matter, this 7th design is larger than the rest (hence the price difference)... and kind of anchors everything together. Stitched on a light blue - like Star Sapphire or a lovely hand-dyed sky blue - all of them have used the same color palette of hand-dyeds and DMCs.
- Sweet Christmas I & II - This is a 2-leaflet set of holiday animal ornaments. Stitched on any light blue you like, these are coded to DMC floss, and will measure approx 3 x 4 in stitched size. Misty supplies the template for the mounting boards used in the finishing and links to a tutorial about the process. Animals featured in #1 are a bear, cat and bunny. Book #2 has the fox, raccoon and deer. Super cute, some Simply Wool by Gentle Art would really be stunning on the animals, and you could add a little opalescent metallic Treasure Braid for those snowflakes as well!
Nutty or Nice and Sunburst
Satsuma Street has two new designs - covering two totally different seasons!
- Nutty or Nice is her next Christmas Stocking - the fifth so far. Stitched on a classic, rich red this is charted for DMC floss and does also use silver and gold metallic. On 14ct, it'll finish into a 10 x 16 stocking (there is a row or two of stitching inside the seams so the design will go all the way to your edge.) Such bright, happy colors... I like the mini-ball trim she's used as well. The chart comes in full color, and is printed HUGE, so you'll love working from it.
- Sunburst is a vibrant yellow and rust piece stitched against a brilliant aqua background. Super striking! Coded for regular DMC, this measures 160 in stitch count - so 10 inches in diameter on 32ct. How can just NOT be drawn to the colors?
Peppermint Bark and OMG Tree from Dirty Annie's
Here are two smaller designs by Dirty Annie's that will make fun ornaments for your Christmas tree!
- Peppermint Bark uses just 3 colors - choose the hand-dyeds called for or red, white and green from your stash... it measures 84 stitches square. On 40 over one - 2 inches, 36 over two - 4-1/2, 14ct - it'll be 6 x 6... so choose a fabric you like and can see! Wouldn't it be fun to finish this with a pocket on the back to hold a candy cane or two? You could even make a box - with an open top - to offer canes!
- OMG Tree - Aren't you the most thoughtful cat-owner? This little thing measures 65 stitches square on 36 - over two, 3-1/2 inches, on 14ct - 4-1/2. The chart comes with those 5 little red wooden cut-out ornament embellishment for the tree... (something for kitty to try to chew off!) Coded for hand-dyed, but easy to convert to DMC, you could even use Simply Wool for that cat - and choose a color to match him!
Winter's Peace Sampler from Artful Offerings
Karina's newest design is here... All blues and browns, it looks frosty-cold and kind of elegant! Worked on a gray or platinum background rather than any fabric that has a yellow tone to it, you're stitching that whole little street in various shades of blues.
Once again, I love her design balance... and the contrast between the blocky, solid houses and the lacy tree branches. Maybe you want to add some brown or blue metallics to this... or silver? Finishing approx 7 x 11, this is presented as a chart.
Halloween Cake Pops, Winter Garland and Christmas Stamps from Madame Chantilly
Three new charted designs from Italy's Madame Chantilly!
- Halloween Cake Pops - Wow, this is cute! Stitch a row of 5 lollypops with their hovering ghosts... leave off the words if you feel like it! 5 cute little pokes, see how cute they'd be if you did them on paper, cut them out, mounted on a stick,tied a bow, then stitched the little word block and added it... then stuck them into pumpkins or the candy bowl! I think the mummy and Frank are my favorites!
- Winter Garland - This is a restfull, elegant piece for the entire Wintertime. The smaller version is just a take-out of the larger, but both are pretty. Coded for DMC, the main one finishes approx 10 x 9 on 14/28ct.
- Christmas Stamps - This is a super-cute Advent Calendar or Christmas Count-down piece. 24 Fun little squares - tiny 'stamps' they've made gift tags out of some of the individuals. Stitch them with or without the numbers... make individual little blocks to arrange... they'd even be cute all stitched in a long snake to be a draft stopper at the bottom of a door (except that I wouldn't want my stitching that close to the floor)! Anyway, coded for DMC, it'd be easy to adapt to hand-dyeds, and fun to add beads, buttons or metallics here and there!
The Next Houses on Pumpkin Lane Release - plus Betsy's Winter Basket
from Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery
Here are the latest 3 designs being released by Pansy Patch Quilts - due in the shop early November. We have auto-ships going on for both series... you can join that if you want... or just pick and choose the parts you like best -- you decide.
- Maple House and Sunflower House are parts #3 and 4 of this fun set of 'Autumnal-Quilty' cottages. Great colors, pretty motifs, you can stitch each individually (cushions or stand-up blocks?) or join them using Lori's freebie border chart which is available on the Pansy Patch website. Coded for DMC or hand-dyeds... I just love all the different borders she uses on each of these.
- Betsy's Winter Basket is also on the way. This is the third season of baskets and they are all KILLER GORGEOUS! Beautiful colors, pretty shapes, lush flowers spilling out everywhere... again stitched with hand-dyeds but a DMC conversion is offered. This is turning out to be a very favored set of designs!
Christmas Star and The Reindeer from Cottage Garden Samplings
Vinniey has two new charts...
- The Reindeer finishes out her *Year In The Woods* series of 12 woodland animals. Gorgeous design lines accented by lots of graphic repeating patterns (the body of the deer)... each animal in this series has been bold and stylized.
- Christmas Star - Oh Look at Santa! He's perched atop snowflake blocks of ice (there's a tiny rabbit watching him!), and trimming his woodland tree with the topper star. Stitch this on any medium blue hand-dyed - just something to show off the snow detail and his swirly beard. The tree features pine cones, and I think those birds and squirrels would look awesome stitched with Simply Wool by Gentle Art! Christmas Star measures 120 x 120, so it'd be only 6-1/2 inches square on 36/18ct!
Back in Stock! Colorful Soft-Handled Small Scissors
These are fun and sturdy little 4-inch scissors - really good for cutting metallics because they are serrated. Pretty colors, they're handy to stuff in the kitchen drawer.
Stash a pair in your closet to cut off tags from new clothes, stick a pair in the laundry room to trim threads. They are strong enough to let 'medium-ones' cut paper and 'craft-stuff.' The handles are soft and feel nice! Choose from Pink, Lime or Purple.
New Designs from Plum Street Samplers
Paulette has sent three new charts...
- Cardinal Kin - This is another of her 'animal stacks' pieces. Luscious colors, she couldn't decide between brighter, traditional colors or a more muted Victorian palette - so she did BOTH in the same chart. Finishes the same size as the rest in this series - coded for Weeks and DMCs.
- Grace Doth Abound - This one deals with Adam and Eve.... and God's grace of Autumn Bounty... even after they were evicted from the garden! Paulette says it was a fun piece to design with the blue serpent tempting the (Halloween Costumed!) A and E. The verse refers back to God's mercy on them as they were booted out of Eden... they would now have to till the ground for food. But Autumn comes, and along with it, the Harvest! Measuring 214 x 176 - so 12 x 10 on 36ct, it's coded for Weeks hand-dyed flosses and DMC.
- Autumn Cottage - Paulette says this is a little white cottage with a hinged front door, swirling chimney smoke and a little black crow sitting atop the Autumn Stems growing in the yard. Nothing super-special, just a pretty, quick stitch to tuck into that bowl of Autumn 'bowl-fillers!'
Salty, Sandy, Happy Hand-Embroidered Dish Towel
Bareroots has a new kitchen towel design to celebrate the ocean, beach and all that scratchy sand! Cute and happy as can be, this joins our collection of towels for all the holidays, and some that feature cute 'kitchen-y' messages. Simple backstitch embroidery on each... the towel comes with the pattern, flosses and coordinating Rik-Rak trim for a cute hem on the front.
Makes me want to get a beach house - just so I can have this one! Fresh Picked, Hugs & Kisses and Happy Camper are three others that can be used all through the year...check out the other 18 towels in the set! (Really, really nice, warm and fuzzy retro shower gifts!)
Presenting Big City Christmas from Country Cottage Needleworks
Nikki has released details about her upcoming new Christmas series - bigger houses in the city! This is the teaser composite pic... but we have pics of the first - The Department Store, and the second - The theatre. A set of 7 designs that will release consecutively for 7 months beginning in November of '22, this will finish in May of 2023. Each portion measures 59 x 72... stitch them individually for little block stand-ups... or 413 x 72 (26 x 4-1/2) stitched in one long row.
Nikki suggests 32ct Lambswool linen and she uses Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses throughout. (DMC conversions included as well.) For the entire set you will need: One skinny 1/4 yd of 32ct Linen (enough for individual pieces or extra ornaments), Snowball (3), Little Sprout (2), Onion Skin (2), Licorice red (2), Hickory Sticks (2), Baking Tin (2), Eggshell (2), Wagon Wheel (1), Cocoa Bean (1), Thundercloud (1) and Cherry Tomato (1). One each of DMC 743, 754, and 3064. Cute as can be, this'll look great on a mantle or a wide window sill! Our Auto ships will start with first chart, and any fabrics or threads you need. Each subsequent shipment will be the charts.
Waiting for Santa
from Country Cottage Needleworks
Nikki's newest design... everyone is at home sitting by the windows waiting for Santa. (But he isn't going to come until they are all IN BED!) Measuring 101 x 135, stitched on 32cct with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses, it finishes approx 6 x 8-1/2.
Maybe they're waiting for the Amazon Truck instead - those come during the day! Either way, a darling, festive design!
Lots of Festive New Things from Shannon Christine Designs
We have 12 new things... so some are tucked on her inside pages -- click the pics to see them all.
- Rainbow Create - Wow... what a fun way to use all the yummy, gorgeous, bright colors of DMC on your stash! Solid stitching, this measures 102 x 68 - so only 5 x 7 on 14ct! Really not too big at all, it uses 17 shades of floss. The CREATE part is unstitched... that's the fabric poking through, so use a nice, crisp white background fabric. Doesn't it just make you smile?
- Jeweled Elephant - This is just like our Jeweled Owl! Quite the elegant little guy, he is stitched with DMC, and garnished all over the place with glass beads. He measures 112 x 93 - so about 6 x 8 on 14/28ct. (You need that size of the fabric to fit the beads.)
- Stars and Stripes - A little hard to read at first... once you figure out what it is, it's easy to see. All the traditional colors of red, white and navy blue... this'll make a fun holiday decoration. It measures 90 x 69 - so on 18/36 it finishes about 5 x 4... I'd think about metallics on this one!
- Patchwork Gingerbread Man - Stitch this delicious little cooky with red and green buttons in the background or pink and aqua. Just 66 x 66 stitches, it's about 5 inches in size, cute and colorful.
- All is Calm - A little bit of chalkboard art, choose a fabric you can SEE! We have lots of gunmetal dark grays that'll work... and wow, does opalescent and metallic touches ever make this pop! Finishes 7 x 9.
- Falling Snow - Wow, you have options with this! Choose a frosty blue background. Experiment with some different threads, add metallics, add beads, right now it's coded for DMC. Everything is lacy white right now, with touches of gold... once you get the chart, study it and see what you want to create! On 14/28ct it measures almost 15 x 18! Whopping!
- Winter Snowfall - Companions Falling snow. Again, choose your background fabric, then play with the different kinds of white and opalescent threads. Beads in silver, aqua, gold, white and clear would be awesome scattered here and there... this finishes the same size as Falling Snow, so they'd hang as a dynamic pair!
Presenting the 2022 Set of Curly Girls from Mill Hill
Our newest set of these fun designs has arrived. Normally full of good advice for life... these don't feature people or pets, but great sentiments. Each is presented as a full kit of DMC floss, 16ct Aida fabric, a smattering of Mill Hill beads (not too terribly many), needles and chart. The frames in the pictures are offered separately. 'Encouraging Contemplation' is this year's theme. Since everyday is an opportunity - they say this series will help make everyday a better day!
Shown above from left to right:
- The Path - Sometimes the path that will bring you the most joy will need some clearing.
- Living The Question - We do not need to have all the answers. There is a lot of living to be done in the questions.
- Same Time - I'm so glad that I get to be alive at the same time as you.
- So Much Light - Some people create so much light that all around them grow.
Little Gnomes from Jardin Prive
Here's a trio of Gnome designs throughout the seasons. Cute as can be, each one looks the same, but they are all different. The little guys are growing things in the garden, cooking, skiiing, sleeping, and always doing the laundry!
Coded for DMC, they finish approx 8 x 8 on 32ct. So far in the set we have Halloween, Christmas and Spring.
Thread Milk's Statehood Splendor Series is FINISHED!
Thread Milk has finished her set of 50 state pin cushion/ornament designs with her final 10 charts. You'll notice in the pic that they are all different, but coordinate. The state abbreviation is on there... something about the state, and that number is the order in which it joined the Union.
A fun set... now everybody can get THEIR state! The entire set is now pictured on the Thread Milk Page.
The Fern Ridge Collections Ladies have 6 new MINI Needle Case and Scissor Fob Sets and one new Sewing Wallet creation!
We're picturing just three of the sets here... everything is described and pictured on our Fern Ridge page.
Fully kitted, the 2 x 2 needle cases are done on various linens, and usually with hand-dyed flosses and silks. Pat and Peggy decorate the edges and always add lots of tiny pockets and flaps inside their tiny 2 x 2 cases to make them fussy and fun. Since they are the Queens of Beads, and they love embellishments of every kind... you'll get charms or buttons or ribbons or beads on these cases as well. The 3-inch beaded Scissor Fobs are always OVER THE TOP! HERE is where P & P go crazy with all their cool beads. The basic flat beaded part - the picture part - of the fob is about 1-1/2 inches long and worked in Peyote Stitch, which is a beading technique done in-hand, rather than a loom. Instructions can be daunting in the beginning, but these are totally fun to do! Each fob will take approx 3 to 4 hours start to fringed finish. Work the flat beaded area, add that glorious fringe - about 1-1/2 inches of it - and adorn your favorite scissors or a tote zipper pull! Because of the nylon thread you have used, they are stronger than they look!
Display your finished sets in the Fern Ridge Scissor Box too! Everything comes fully kitted.
- Strawberry Pie - Bitty berries - some ripe and some - not so much! A pretty set full of pinks and greens, the fob features white blossom beads and red glass berries in the fringe.
- Simply Stitches - Classy black and white... the case features lots of stitch doodles (haven't seen the inside yet!) but that darling fob steals the show again! They found a tiny dice bead, and a fun silver X - a cross stitch! I like all the little cube beads down in the fringed area.
- A Black Cat - Striking lime green and black... this set is not too involved and would be great for a beginner. The fringe on the fob isn't too frizzy so it's easy to deal with, and the case is just plain cute! Complete kits contain all the thread, fabric and beading 'ingredients' and there is even a wooden cat face thread board included in the case kit.
This is Halloween from The Drawn Thread
Cynthia Zittel has a fun new Halloween design... a haunted house with its graveyard and resident spiders and ghosts - all underneath the most glorious gnarly tree! She's put a lot in here - skeletons, ghosts, bats and pumpkins - all of it measures 183 x 74. Notice that huge eerie yellow moon behind the tree - soft and golden, spooky and seemingly quiet - for now!
It'll finish approx 11 x 4-1/2 on 32ct... and it would make a stunning drum-shaped stand-up, if you're 'framed out, or an awfully cute flat stand-up to perch on a sill or someplace!
from Bent Creek
Remember these arch designs from Bent Creek? They have a new one to add to all the others still available - Thanksgiving!
All the same size, each has 5 panels of motifs, I bet between the ones that already exist, you could do a year full of 'things' in the little arches - a row of 12 across! Anyway, coded for Weeks hand-dyed flosses... finishes approx 4 x 9-1/2 on 32ct.
Two new Releases from Jeannette Douglas
- Christmas Cheer is a 6 x 9 sized chart that includes 6 small pin cushion designs. Coded for DMC, they look lovely nestled in a basket - especially with greenery or candy canes tucked between! Various sizes... choose your favorite neutral fabric.
- Good Tidings features a 2 x 6 row of small motifs. Jeannette has three different finishing techniques shown on the cover... but all three are the same design. Coded for Hand-dyeds or DMC; you could make individual ornaments as well.
All The Things Halloween & All The Things Christmas
from Anabella's Needleart
Anabella's has several new designs - here are two. Both are coded for DMC floss. There are also 4 new smalls, featured on our Anabella's page.
- All The Things Halloween features 5 designs - 3 of which are in the cover pic. Although they are all done on white - you can choose other fun fabric colors or counts and add beads or bright metallics just for fun. Everything in here is cute, and a lot of the motifs could stand alone in small cute stand-ups or pumpkin pokes. Lots of potential with this one!
- All The Things Christmas isn't so comprehensive... but can still handle your fun threads and embellishments. 100 x 180 - if you are the creative sort... find a stocking outline you like and fill it in with this! It'd make a cute stocking!
New Arrivals from Annie Beez Folk Art
- Good Shepherd Sampler - This is a pretty little sampler - very neat and tidy, balanced and organized. The trees and the house are patterned, and then more 'lines for your eye to follow' are the rows of sheep and the fence. Measuring 145 x 141, it will finish approx 8 x 8 on 36ct. Coded for DMC or silks, this would make a really nice housewarming gift, and it would look good in an entry area.
- Welcome to our Patch - Here's a bright pile of quilted pumpkins. I might leave off the 1821, because I want my greeting to you to be more recent than 1821... but that's easy to fix! Needs to be stitched for the addicted quilter friend who doesn't have time to stitch this herself! OR... you could stitch all the pumpkin part, and give her that... because she can sew and she'd make a sewing pouch out of it! Coded for DMC, it finishes about 5 x 6 on 18/36ct.
- You Melt My heart - OH... find a pretty frosty blue, or deep dark night sky fabric for this - get all the white to really pop on this. I think I'd even add opalescent thread! A cute little design for Winter - display it after Christmas and going into Valentine's Day, because as we know, there still can be lots of snow around on Valentine's Day! Coded for DMC, measures 80 x 106.
The Stitcher's Diary for 2023 from Reflets de Soie
Isabelle has sent a lovely calendar/planner for 2023 that features color pictures of antique samplers in her personal collection that she says 'haven't been published yet!' So, along with her preview of designs coming... this offers the monthly calendar pages, and several pages at the end to log special projects, and your needlework-related notes!
You can see from my pics that this book can hang like a traditional wall calendar if you like, but I think it'd be really happy stuffed into your daily stitch tote to help keep you organized! I have some of the inside pictures when you click through the images. Isabelle printed a sticker-sheet of tiny vintage images - so you can decorate your pages and dates a little. This would make a lovely stitcher-friend gift - but get one for YOU too!
2023 Book of Days
from Needlework Press
The 2023 daily planner has arrived! A pic of the cover here, this is a 9 x 12 booklet that opens to display each month across two pages. Decorated with antique sampler motifs and verses... it's meant to be your *Stitching Planner and Diary* for the year!
Plenty of room to log stitching hours, stitch group get-togethers, special events and retreats... anything about your stitching that you want to remember. It's a wonderful place for photos of what you have done, and all the addresses and contacts of your stitching friends!
JBW's Latest Set of Releases are Here!
- A-Round France #418 is the latest 'round' design - filled with tiny motifs of France. Choose any shade of hand-dyed red thread.
- Melinda's Marking Sampler #419 - A reproduction of an old sampler - girls needed to learn to stitch the alphabet so they could 'label' the family linens. This was Melinda's lesson!
- O'er the Fields We Go #420 - Another pretty white-on-red scene that coordinates with several other JBW pieces, Judy does show this stitched in and on different colors as well.
- Owls in the Round #421 You know the drill with these.. 58 stitches in diameter, choose any hand-dyed color and fabric you want!
- Petite Christmas Cottages #422 - A Trio of holiday houses... each is only 20 x 30 in size.
- Christmas Trees X! #423 - This is quite a growing set of Judy's tiny trees... stitch them over one or two... they are all about the same size.
With a Grateful Heart|
from Artful Offerings
New from Artful Offerings, Karina writes 'The key to giving Thanks is doing so with a Grateful Heart. Set among amber stalks of wheat, a pair of smitten blackbirds adorn their favorite pom-pom hats while admiring a magnificent orange pumpkin displayed in a black pedestal urn.' Whew, a mouthful!
The birds are truly thankful for the bounty of wheat and pumpkins! She's trimmed the entire scene with stitched faux tea towel stripes. Charted for 36ct linen using Weeks hand-dyed flosses, it measures 7 x 12 when stitched.
Christmas Alphabet from Romy's Creations is Continuing
OP, QR and ST have floated through our shop doors. This is a cute holiday alphabet set of 3 x 3 designs. You can make them into stand-up stacking cubes, stuff them into pin cushions, or flat-finish them onto felt for tree ornaments.
Her subjects are sometimes very different from the norm, so both this set, and the Halloween alphabet, have been fun to see and gather. I like the block around the stylized letter, and the checkerboard borders. Notice we now have the ENTIRE thread set available.
When I Think of Halloween and Christmas
Paola of Puntini has sent her latest two 'thinking' patterns.. along with their specific featured pin embellishments. Darling 'word' patterns, each finishes into a 3 x 7-ish design - a nice generous pin cushion size - on 36ct. Coded for DMC, choose neutral fabrics so the colors and cute pins show up.
We carry a million different trims to go with these as well - mini balls and chenilles - so we can match some to threads if you need us to. Offered as the individual charts WITH the pin trio.
Fragments in Time for 2022 from Summer House Stitch Workes is now a complete set!
Our parts #7 and 8 have arrived to now you can finish this colorful set of small pin cushions. They are inspired by the sampler stitchers of the Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania.
Beth Ann has a pretty border available for these so you can join your to make a picture if you're not feeling 'cushion-y!' Details for it are listed on these small charts.
Springtime Beaded Ornaments by Mill Hill
Six cute new beaded kits are on the way to us! Each of the three flowers has it's own visitor friend... and everyone is cheerful and full of color.
Finishing approx 3 x 3, they are stitched on 14ct perforated paper with DMC floss and Mill Hill glass seed beads. They'd also make cute plant pokes or fridge magnets.
Sherman the Fox - Sweaters Please and Sweater Weather
from Cherry Hill Stitchery
We know both of these designs are pretty similar, but little Sherman-the-Fox is pretty 'foxy' in both of them, so we couldn't choose the favorite! I see these stitched and hung above the mitten rack in the back hallway.
Stitched on anything neutral in any count you like, they are coded for DMC and hand-dyeds. They finish 9 x 9 and 4 x 5-ish on 14/28ct... just something cute for the season.
So Many New Arrivals from Erica Michaels
- All Hallow's Eve - This is so much fun! Stitch the crossword puzzle full of scary and spooky names - lots of fun Halloween motifs are scattered everywhere around it! Choose a darker mangy colored fabric - we have several colors and counts to choose from for this but on 32ct, it measures a mere 7 x 9-ish! (It looks bigger in the picture.) Then... there are those darling little pin drum and berry cushions... Linda has taken the motifs from the puzzle and re-arranged them - so same ingredients, different recipe!
- Abundant Table - This is an adaptation of an English sampler stitched in 1764. An Armenian table grace prayer, Linda has re-charted this gorgeous piece adding Satin Stitches and 'over one' in the massive and elegant border. She chose Autumn/Harvest colors... but you will see the original colors from the antique inside the chart. Coded for silks or DMC, this needs to be hung in a place of honor in the kitchen or dining room. It measures 209 x 206 - so about 11-1/2 inches square on 36ct. Just GORGEOUS!
A Shepherd's Care II companions its first chart of pin cushions all inspired by Linda's antique Christy Barron Sampler. Pretty smalls to display near a larder stitched piece...
- Christmas Blessings -- This is a combo pattern... the original published design is the small sampler in the lower left corner -- published in 2013 -- stitched on 40ct gauze. Linda has re-worked it for larger count linen - and presents another one on 32ct. You get both charts in the packet - and you can stitch either of them on any count you want - so you don't have to make any snap decisions right now!
- 3 Wise Women - 'brought nappies, formula and casseroles... then stayed for babysitting, tea and laundry.' I just love this! It needs to hang anywhere babies appear! (Wouldn't it be neat in the Dr's waiting room?) Stitched in just one hand-dyed color, choose any fabric you like - this is a bitty thing, and will finish just 4-1/2 x 6 on 36ct!
New Designs from Jan Hicks - Samplers of Floral and Lace
- Palace of the Winds is a pretty piece that has arrived this season - it is full of glorious flowing borders and florals with that half-circle motif in the center stealing the show. Stitch all in one piece or break up into smaller cushions or folded sewing cases. Jan has done this in two different colorways, and has the links inside the chart to the video tutorial dealing with variegated and hand-dyed threads. Manipulating them, learning how to make color decisions based on what's coming next on the strand, and where your chart is going. Maybe skip the variegated totally for a design! Fascinating stuff, and a really pretty design to learn with! Stitched in its entirety, it finishes approx 13 x 14 on 36ct.
- Samplings of Lace - Summer - Just three small cushions! The featured colors are DMC 153, 550 and 552. Choose a hand-dyed or trio of solids... but maybe choose your trim first so that potential nightmare is avoided! Three ideas for those multiple motifs in Palace of the Winds - Stitch just bits and make a set of cushions instead of the big framed piece! Surely you have an empty elegant silver tray or pretty dish somewhere that's waiting for garnish!
Deck the Coop Pinkeep from Stacy Nash
Well, nothing wrong with hanging Christmas lights on the chicken coop in the backyard!
Grab a cut of your favorite neutral linen and some Weeks Dye Works hand-dyed flosses of Schneckley, Cocoa, Sanguine, Tin Roof, Grits, Oscar, Red Rocks, Lily Pad and Charcoal...and stitch this cute pinkeep. It'll finish a generous 7 x 7-1/2 on 40ct!
Christmas Gnome Felt Ornaments from Rachel's of Greenfield
We have a new set of 4 to 5 inch felt ornaments... little mittens and stockings decorated with Christmas Gnomes. Presented in full kit format of felt and threads, you get a full-sized color pic in the instructions of the design, full sized color templates (to help you cut from the correct felt piece), and assembly order and steps to create these little guys!
They are darling, and join our endearing collection of old-fashioned felt ornaments. You can finish them with the tops open... and then they will hold gift cards or candy from Santa!
Liz Matthews has quite a few new designs that are worth a look!
All are here; everything is presented in chart format
- Autumn Cloche - What a gorgeous garden-under-the glass! Pumpkins and mushrooms, birds, butterflies, snails and spiders! Just delightfully busy to look at, everything in here is fun to look at. I like the spider webs on the leaves. Charted for silks or DMC, stitch this on a light neutral. It's quite large, and finishes almost 10 x 16 on 18/36ct... so pick a fabric you like to work on! Great Autumnal colors... the red and blues are unexpected and a really nice accent.
- Hocus Pocus - One of Liz's signature designs - just a few simple words - 'It's all just a bunch of Hocus Pocus' is from one of her favorite movies - Disney's Hocus Pocus from 1993. She talks about the extra fabric around her word designs. You can do whatever you like, but she loves finding old frames, and then arranging her words inside - not necessarily centered (although this one is.) The extra fabric space is unexpected and draws your eye to the simplicity of the design.
- Loved By You - We all know these lyrics by James Taylor too! Another understated design, stitch in Week's Kohl (although it can be any color you want) this showcases Liz's ideas of framing - with the subject off center. Really cool... this would make a classy wedding gift! Don't put the names and dates on the front.. hand-write them on the back paper... maybe even beside the invitation.
- Poppy - This was inspired by antique herbarium books of pressed flowers. The thread choices are muted to reflect the dried flowers once saved between pages of a book. Liz loves the hand-written labels that often accompany the pressings... so she's provided label artwork you can cut out and incorporate into your framing or finishing. The pink flower is framed between two pieces of glass, (frame at Amazon), its fabric is fringed along the edges and it's mounted onto another soft pastel linen. You can see how she's incorporated the hand-written label idea into the framing. All the framing and finishing details are in the chart.
Elf Land and Hoot in a Boot from The Needle's Notion
Lettie Eckberg has two new designs that are over-the-top cute! She has really outdone herself. Presented in leaflet format, she has great instructions in these... pages and pages of them... (which should NOT scare you away!)
- Elf Land includes the chart for the Mushroom Cottage scene as well as the 3-dimensional standing elf. The Cottage scene - 8 x 9-1/2 - is on 28ct natural coded for DMC, all the snow is stitched in opalescent metallic. The elf stands 7-1/2 inches tall. Also on 28ct Natural, he has dimensional arms, a removable hat, and a mini heart-shaped pouch. She has all his pieces and parts laid out in chart format, and actual-sized templates for assembling.
- Hoot in a Boot is super-cute too! Stitched on darker linen, the finished boot measures 10-1/2 x 13 inches. The little owl on top adds another 3-1/2 x 5! Lettie has actual-sized cutting templates in here for these little guys, and mentions that her edges are button-hole stitched no NO SEWING MACHINE IS REQUIRED for finishing! This makes a very festive stuffed holiday door hanging! Coded for DMC and some hand-dyed flosses... again great and very comprehensive assembly instructions included!
Evergreens & Peppermint
from Stitches by Ethel
Stitches by Ethel has a cute new design - it companions her Candy Corn & Pumpkins one. That little bitty mouse is offering his big friend a holiday peppermint!
Finishing about 3 x 5, it's garnished with small JABCO peppermint buttons that are offered separately. Coded for DMC, presented in small chart format.
You're a Peach, Valentine!
from Luhu Stitches
Grab a cut of Winterberry Red 14ct perforated paper to stitch this darling paper Valentine from Luhu Stitches! Just 63 x 70, it finishes about 4-1/2 x 5.
Because it's on paper, just back it with more pretty scrapbook paper or some silly kids Valentines... add a magnet, and it's perfect for the frig door - or some place a magnet can cling. Presented as a chart and coded for DMC... you can get 8 of these out of one pack of the perf paper!
Queen Bee Bag
from Shepherd's Bush
Tina and Teri have another stitched mesh pouch design - this one says 'Queen' meaning the Queen Bee. The pin cushion in the pic is simply a miniature version of the design.
We have the Aqua mesh bag, Motherlode Lady Dot trim, Bee Scissors and even that little black polka dot sheath... we have the threads and now the chart - everything you need for this little bag!
Here's something colorful and easy to find in your purse or stitching tote... a little Scissor Parrot! Brightly colored 'pleather' (which is the glamorous name for fake leather or soft plastic!) parrots snap closed at the black eyeball to hold your 3-3/4 inch coordinating polka dot scissors safely inside.
The yellow/green/orange bird includes the lime green scissors, the blue and purple bird includes the light blue polka dots! The sheaths are printed on both sides, and overall measure just 4 inches in total length. I couldn't resist 'em!
Polka Dot Scissor Sheaths!
Aren't these fun? These are pretty 'pleather' polka dot covers for your scissors. (Pleather is a kind way to say 'fake leather' or 'soft plastic!') Offered in 6 colors and 2 different sizes, the smaller 2-1/2 inch one fits a standard 3-1/2 inch embroidery scissor. The larger 3-1/4 inch sheath will work for 4 to 5-inch scissors. But... actually each will do the job for either size - some just like more shank coverage, and some scissors fit in one size better than the other.
In the pic, I have our 4-inch Antonia by DOVO pictured with the larger sheath, and our 3-1/2 Buckingham by WASA pictured by the smaller ones. (If you have to have a specific color, not a problem, just let us know in the comments box during your check-out process - we'll do our best!)
New Arrivals from The Scarlett House
- Catharine Croft - Tanya presented this delightful set of smalls and the bigger sampler mat when she came for a weekend event in our She Shed last year! Catharine's sampler is finished as a flat hemmed doily/mat. It's full of alphabets done with specialty stitches, so it's fun to look at. Next is the berry pin cushion, and it's coordinating needle case, there is a bird mounted on a flat board for a scissor fob... but my FAVORITE part is the darling House Pin Cushion! I have a pic of my stitched piece - linen is even still wrinkled because it's not assembled yet! Delightful sheep on the little striped hills and pretty trees in the yard - and even a little dog! The 6-sided tray in the pic was something we did in class... so not something included in the pattern set.of charts. A fat quarter of fabric will do for all - 36ct Picture This Plus Faun is suggested.
- Gathering Together - As friends! We did this too at our She Shed event! Hobby Lobby used to have cool little metal trays - and this fit into one of those. Keep your eyes out for stuff like that - wood, metal, paper mache - anything you can paint or distress to finish some stitching! This little 5 x 7 piece is full of Tanya's color palette of dark reds and greens with gunmetal grays. Stitched on Picture This Plus Wren, Weeks flosses, presented as a chart.
- Mary Ann Smith 1835 - This is a very organized sampler! Again, Tanya's dark reds, mossy greens and this time lots of Taupe; I don't THINK there are special stitches in the alphabets and borers, but there sure could be if you wanted to add them. Saw Tooths, queens, Eyelets, Herringbones, Rice... just get busy! It measures 278 s 271 - so a generous 14 inches squarish on 40ct!
Three Little Stars! from Teresa Kogut!
Rudy, Jingle Bells and Jolly Truck - these three are offered as individual charts. Each is 70 x 61 and stitched on 16/32ct, they finish approx 4-1/2 inches in size. Rudy and Jungle Bells are done on 32ct Onyx by Weeks Dye Works, and are trimmed in dark navy mini-ball fringe. They probably won't show up much on a green Christmas tree - so be thinking bowl-fillers here!
Jolly is done on Confederate Gray but still trimmed in the same dark blue ball trim... and I think I'd stick him in the same bowl as his buddies. Teresa also have a few other 'star' pieces (that we have available on her page)... so I think we're working on a collection here!
Cute new things from Heart in Hand - Halloween and Christmas come early this year!
- Halloween Tiny Town and Halloween Frill - One medium chart and another smaller to companion. Cecilia has friendly ghosts as hosts, and pink pumpkins at each gate post! Joining her other little towns... all 2 x 10-ish... she's added a fun EXTRA house in the Frill Chart. You can add the witch, or change out one of the now-existing houses in town... whatever you want to do. Medium-sized chart.
- Imprints: Harvest and Home - Two stencil-style designs - not many colors, small to stitch - these would be cute perched among your pumpkin and dried corn display!
- Wee One: Santa 2022 - Cecilia's annual Santa design, this year Santa is dressed in pinks, reds and greens - quite a different color palette! He's holding birdseed to feed his feathered friends who help with his Christmas prep! Offered in small card format, we still have at least the last 10 years of Santa charts - everyone has its own personality.
- Pocket Round December 25th - A bitty design that fits the top of the tiny Gray Heartware handmade stoneware bowl. (Bowls come in cream and we still have a few limited edition red bowls as well!) Cecilia shows the finished round kind of large - too big for the top of the bowl. We think you can finish it a full inch smaller and it'll still fit on the bowl - and you'll SEE the bowl peeking from underneath. Anyway, Rudolph's tail is actually a white flower button which is included in the chart.
New Arrivals from Hands On Designs
- Stitch Some Happy - Here's a small design to finish into a round cushion, bag tag, ornament or name tag! Worked on 32ct Flax Belfast linen with DMC's of 163, 169, 347, 733, 3328, 3799 and 3816, there is a little rik-rak trim accenting the edges - choose any color from the palette and it'll be darling! Offered as the small chart... trim and flosses from your stash.
- Tomayto, Tomahto - Love this delicious design! Make that fun little 5-inch wool/fabric pinch tray, then fill with the stitched bottom panel. Cross Stitched on 16/32ct (a gray color looks good against the reds, a 9 x 9 cut will suffice), the fantastic tomatoe cushion is done on Weeks Dye Works 32ct Aztec Red linen. (You'll need a 12 x 9 cut) Top trimmings are Weeks hand-dyed wools, (You'll need a schnigglet cut of any of our green Weeks wools) and the little ladybug on the pin VERY closely resembles the Mill Hill ladybug treasure #12159. Just a cute and unique little set - there is a link to the finishing tutorial included in the chart. Let us know if you need any or all of the 'ingredients' for this!
- The Autumn Basket - A trio of small quilt-motif designs - each is 67 x 67 on 32ct. DMC floss - they finish approx 4 x 4 - and then your gorgeous quilted finishing. Small chart format.
- Resting Witch Face - This Resting Face joins Beach and Stitch! Choose a gray-toned fabric, DMC flosses and cute ribbon, rik,rack or chenille trim and you're all set! Finishes approx 4 inches, small chart format.
A Pair of Seasonal Designs from With Thy Needle's Brenda Gervais - each is offered as its own chart.
- A Witch In Her Garden - Here's a rather charming-looking witch gardening among her pumpkins and sunflowers. The design is approx 2-1/2 x 9-1/2 on 36ct Country Vintage Mocha Linen, but because Brenda finished this into a drum shape, it's now a petite pin cushion! She pleated her velveteen topping fabric a little, added some puffy, and found a great pumpkin stem to poke into the center - so now her drum looks like a pumpkin! Stitched with DMCs and a few hand-dyeds... perch it on a painted wooden candle pedestal base.
- Joy & Good Cheer - A frosty little snowman seems to be growing out of the urn right there in the front yard! A cozy house, and deep red winter berries, the bird is probably chirping out those words of Joy and Good Cheer! You know, that little bird and his branch - all by themselves would be a cute ornament... and so would the snowman in the urn! The whole design measures 121 x 73 - just 4 x 6-1/2 on 36ct. DMCs and handyeds are called for.
Silver Creek Samplers has 6 new Releases.
Diane has charming designs - kind of her signature feature are the words she always uses that are incorporated into the design. Everything is offered in chart pack format... and as always a lot of them are suitable for multiple different fabric colors and counts... makes your decisions harder!
- Zip It - Well... Whimiscal and fun...*Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff and ZIP IT when I've said enough!* Stitched with hand-dyeds on anything neutral, this measures about 6 x 9 on 32ct. It would be fun to make a little brick stand-up block out of this and garnish the finishing with actual zippers! Probably appropriate to display this in 'way more places that we think!'
- Kringle Flying Academy - 'Rooftop Landings since 1823.' (The Night Before Christmas was published in December of 1823! First place to announce Santa landing of rooftops!) Great colors on this holiday piece, it'd be fun to add metallics to the moon and snow! We have lots of gorgeous smoky, mangy blues for that night sky - in multiple counts - so choose what you want to work on. It measures 147 x 96... so on 14ct would be 7 x 10-1/2, or about 5 x 8 on 36. Very vintage in flavor!
- Mary Rotters Spelling Lesson - This is really cute... read those entertaining spelling words! It actually would be fun to practice this with your 3rd grade grands... then serve them cupcakes decorated with those candy eyes! Measures 8 x 9 on 14/28ct, and coded for DMC Diane writes: It's Mary's first day at Frogwarts School of Wizardry. She dreams of being an elite part of the Hall of Fame, having her picture honorably hung next to her famous cousin, Harry. However, she must first learn to spell!
- A Perfect Match - Moving from creepy Halloween into Love and Happiness... this might make a cute shower or anniversary gift. You could leave off the hands and arms to make it 'less wedding' if you need to, and just more 'daily feel the love!' Measures about 6 x 10 on 32ct, and coded for DMC. Diane shares her lovely love story about puzzles and her husband.
- Button Your Lip - 'Before you let unkind words slip - grab a button and button your Lip!' Kind of a companion to Zip It...Diane's inspiration began with her family button jar. Her Mom would point to it and warn to 'Button that lip!' Coded for Weeks or DMC, this finishes about 3 x 4 on 36ct.
- For Unto Us - 'A Child is Born.' - Could be a Christmas piece or a new baby announcement... probably changing the manger/arbor over the letter O would make it more contemporary and less Christmassy. But either way - A new baby is a big deal! Finishes about 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 on 32ct.
Christmas and Halloween designed the AB Designs Way!
Amy Bruecken is releasing 4 new charts for stitching fun!
- Little Cuties are 4 little ornament-sized penquin, snowmen and red bird pieces - just 25 x 41 in stitch count. Itty bitty - on 28ct they are less than 2 x 3. Weeks flosses, the pillow ornaments on the cover pic offer cute finishing ideas. All 4 designs are in the pattern.
- Hocus Pocus and Little Pumpkin Friend - Ms Pocus is stitched on splattered Lugana - but she'd be cute on a wild hand-dyed fabric color as well. DMC for her, she's only 88 x 75 - so about 4 x 5. Little Pumpkin Friend is only 30 x 37 - and he'd make a cute poke for your candy dish.
- HoHoHo puts us in a Christmas Spirit - He's done on 32ct petit point natural linen with Weeks Dye Works hand-dyeds. I love the soft greens and the deep reds this year... he's not even 5 x 6!
- Every Little Thing - I can just hear those song lyrics in my head... again the soft greens in this one. I see wreaths on the front doors, but don't really get a Christmas-vibe with this... so I think you can stitch this to hang all year long! 181 x 73, It'll finish 13 x 5 on 14/28, and uses Weeks handyeds.
Mill Hill Presents Jim Shore's Christmas Gnomes!
Mill Hill is releasing a set of 5 little cross stitched and beaded gnomes worked on 14ct perforated paper. Each little Santa (?) measures 5 inches tall and about 2-1/2 inches wide... and is full of bright Christmassy color!
They are offering Trees, Wreaths, Gifts, Holly and Ornaments. Complete kits contain the chart, paper, flosses, beads and needles.
Magnetic Color Wheel Minders from Accoutrements
Wow... is THIS a fun little thing! Meant to be a Needle Minder - it's actually 2 inches in diameter, about 1/4 of an inch in thickness, and it weighs about an ounce and a half. It is LOVELY! Basically it's an enameled color wheel with a rotating overlay (the white wheel part) that offers instant info for color matching!
We had to Google all about the Color Wheel... which was fun. We learned that this little gizmo can show you color combinations that look good together, besides being pretty and fun to play with! A little on the heavy side just to have on your fabric to hold needles... it'd be awesome by your stitching lamp.
Christmas is Coming - The Mill Hill Way!|
The 2022 Winter Series Button & Beaded Kits
Our massive collection of 5 x 5 beaded and stitched designs is growing with these 6 new designs! If you've been in the shop, you are quite familiar with our 'Great Walls' of stitched kits - all on various colors of 28ct linen. Each kit comes with DMC flosses, a load of Mill Hill glass seed beads and 14ct perforated paper (which is super easy to work on.) We started doing our models on 28ct linen just for fun, and like them just a well on fabric... so we offer separate cuts of material as well, just in case. Aurora Borealis features the new Mill Hill Glow-in-the-Dark beads - so it really does look a little more 'glisteny.' Santa's Clothesline is super cute and colorful. The Blue Jay is full of frosty opalescent whites and crisp blues - good to enjoy all winter long. Ski Dog is darling - he's waiting for you to HURRY UP! Snow in Love can stay up through Valentine's Day, and The Village Schoolhouse is the next edition to the charming Christmas Village Series... but alas... EMPTY for Christmas Break!
The Winter Holiday Ornament Collection for 2022
Another cute set of 2 x 3 or 3 x 3 ornament and magnet-sized designs. Each is presented with the chart, 14ct perforated paper, all the necessary DMC flosses and Mill Hill beads and a glass or crystal Mill Hill Treasure embellishment. Simply cut the paper off right outside the design - and you're finished! (Don't use your delicate embroidery scissors to cut. Choose something a little more heavy duty - like our Dr Slick SN65 synthetic scissors - larger handles, they are super-duper and will even cut leather!) Enjoy a cup of hot cocoa with a marshmallow snowman! The Garland has tiny danglers - so will look good on the very tip of a branch. Winter Barn comes right out of a Hallmark movie and Cheers celebrates New Year's. The Cuckoo Clock has Santa filling stockings on Christmas Eve - all in that bitty design area! - and the Ceramic tree is meant to offer a nostalgic look into the decorations of Christmas Past.
The 2022 Annual Santas! from Mill Hill
This marks the 24th Annual Trio of Paper Santa Ornaments! So these are number 70, 71 and 72 in the set! Over the years, this series has shown what Santa does all year long... and where he comes from! We've seen him vacationing in Hawaii, he's been mountain climbing, at the South Pole, playing musical instruments, and just traveling the world over.
Each kit comes with the chart, 14ct perforated paper, DMC floss and Mill Hill beads. They all finish about 3-1/2 inches high, and are really fun to find on the Christmas Tree.
Glitzy Needle Buddie Needle Minders
Wow... check out these beautiful magnets to hold needles, notes and patterns in place! Beautifully made, and surprisingly lightweight for their size, this is a delightful collection of 'needle curiosities!'
Each features two rare-earth magnets on their backs to cling to anything magnetic and help hold lots of your treasures. Most measure close to two inches in size - one direction or another, yet not too big, heavy or clunky! Some are enameled, most feature lots of colored crystals as well.
Presenting Dr Slick Razor-Sharp Scissors
Coming to us from the Fly-Fishing Industry are these incredible 3-1/2 and 4-inch scissors with huge "Gold Loop" finger holes, that can handle some pretty serious cutting needs! Wonderfully rounded handles with a nice weight to them, these feature larger finger holes and wonderfully fine and sharp precision cutting blades. The blades feature a very fine micro-serration to them which keeps your threads where you want them when you cut them, and yet they feel as smooth as butter.
As far as the finger holes go, we have a comparison picture showing the difference between our DOVO embroidery scissors and the handles of these scissors on our scissor page... along with lots of other specific scissor details. Dr Slick uses words like 'hypodermic sharp' to describe their tips, and Tungsten Carbide vs Stainless Steel to describe some of the metals. All I know is that they have a really nice balance and weight to them, they cut like a dream, and the blades and tips are SHARP. Actually almost too big for my hands... I know lots of you will LOVE these!
Presenting Amazonia from Laurel Burch for Mill Hill
The Mill Hill People have adapted 4 new designs by Laurel Burch in to Cross Stitch. Animals from the Rainforests of the Amazon... aren't they awesome? Worked on 14ct Olive Green perforated paper, the colors in these are stunning - the animals are bold and stylized - and they are just dynamite!
Complete kits include the chart, paper, flosses, beads and needles. They are not solid beading - just enough glitz to highlight textures and give these animals personality. We have Giraffes, Leopards, a Mom Monkey with her baby, and Zebras - with wild eyes! Mill Hill makes frames for these... available separately.
We're excited to bring home our Treasures by Samplers Not Forgotten!
- Peony Bouquet is Kimberly's Market Exclusive Limited Edition design this year. Presented in fully-kitted format. Stitched on 36ct hand-dyed linen, it features a very soft vase of lavish blooms - all stitched with soft, dusty colors. Kimberly has included antiqued lace trim, coordinating backing fabric and hand-dyed velveteen to make the scissor pocket she shows on the pattern. A very pretty little cushion, it'll finish approx 4 x 5.
- Dutch Rose Kit - another beautiful little floral cushion design. Again stitched on 36ct hand-dyed linen, this one includes the charm, silk ribbon and hand-made antique lace trim. A little smaller than Peony at 3 x 4-ish.
- Patriotic Heart Kit - A softer take on stars and stripes, this complete kit offers you 36ct hand-dyed linen (I think it's putty - but not sure.) The coordinating hand-dyed ribbon and ball trim to match the threads.
- Memories - Kimberly did a fun beach-y thing... Memories features three different framing borders of waves, crabs, seahorses, seaweed and tiny swimming fish. 'Our memories of the ocean will linger on long after our footprints in the sand are gone.' The beach chair is neat - there is a whole little scene along the bottom. Stitched on Weeks Dye Works 36ct Confederate Gray hand-dyed linen using Weeks cottons, this will finish about 8 x 10. We have BEAUTIFUL pin and button options by Puntini - little sand dollars and lighthouses... all sorts of cute mini things - I think they would be great together with this design!
- Dutch Rose Garden Sampler 1849 - Wow, look at these gorgeous motifs scattered about in this! Stitched on Weeks 36ct Parchment Linen with multiple skeins of 17 shades of Weeks hand-dyed flosses, this will finish about 14-1/2 x 15-1/2. If you don't think you're up to a larger piece like this - DO THOSE MOTIFS as individual cushions! What a gorgeous set of smalls to nestle in a bowl... use Kimberly's finishing ideas from the rest of her cushions as inspiration for yours. This is just an exquistite piece - presented in chart format.
Yes, there's even MORE! |
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2022 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.