Don't miss more on pages TWO, THREE and FOUR!
6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
New Arrivals from With Thy Needle & Thread
Brenda Gervais has been busy - everything arrives to us the third week of October (which is just next week!)
- The Snow Ball - Such a charming set of snowmen... here's another leaflet to coordinate with Jack '0 Lantern and Jelly Bean Jubilee! 7 different designs in the booklet, the cover shows 5, while the inside includes a snowglobe design and a little blue cookie house. All are pin-cushion-sized, and will look awesome nestled in a pretty bowl. You'll need a fat quarter of whatever fabric you use to stitch the set. Coded for DMC floss, they are all embellished with a smattering of 'Sprinkles Buttons' by Just Another Button Company. (The White Wedding pack of Sprinkles contains 35+ assorted shapes of micro buttons that you'll love!)
- Cup of Christmas Cheer - Isn't this one fun? A big 'ol Santa mug of peppermint and cocoa! Stitched on 36ct, it finishes approx 3-1/2 x 5. You'll need a fluffy pom-pom for his hat!
- A Winter's Day Visit - Here's a plump little guy... he measures 71 x 110 - and he finishes approx 4 x 6 on 36ct. DMC flosses and a smattering of hand-dyeds, Brenda has him finished into a cute little stubby-shaped stocking hang-up. Find three little buttons in your stash, or stitch some on there... (No coal please, because this little guy is being good for Santa!)
- Bells of Christmas - Peace on Earth, Good Will to men... a pair of primitives that have been finished into 3 x 5 bell-shaped cushions... the cover models are shown on 40ct. Stitched with DMC and a mixture of hand-dyed cottons.
- Red Bird Sampler - A reproduction piece, this measures a petite 7-1/2 x 6-1/2 on 36ct linen and is worked with both DMC and hand-dyed cottons. The predominant colors are 817 red and Weeks Sea Foam.
Lots of fun Halloween Treats are coming our way from Shepherd's Bush
- Halloween Needle Case - What a fun haunted village scene! A scraggly tree and pumpkin patch decorate the outside... while the inside is lined with orange fabric and trimmed with a felt pumpkin! Hand-dyed linen, hand-dyed ribbon trim, cute and colorful! Presented as a full kit.
- A Witch's Garden Pin Cushion - A busy little 4-inch square pin cushion full of tiny what-nots. Pumpkins, a little witch and her sheep, a bitty kitty-on-the-fence, and crow in the graveyard, this is stitched on 32ct hand-dyed linen with pretty hand-dyed flosses. There are a few itty bitty button embellishments and Lady Dot's Jack hand-dyed chenille as well - in the complete kit.
- Fear Not Sampler - A skinny very-industrial-looking haunted house on a high little hill, this would make a really cute pumpkin poke! Stitch it, mount it on cardboard covered in felt, make sure there is a stick on the back, and poke it into the candy dish or a big 'ol fat pumpkin! Complete kit contains the linen, threads and a couple of buttons!
- Scary - The next stitched plaid zipper-pouch! Teri is getting creative here... stitch SCARY on the Charcoal mesh pouches we have - using #5 perle cottons (Weeks Concord, Onyx and Sweet Potato, and DMC 729, 976, 3011, 3012, 3041) over two 'threads' of the plastic mesh bag. (Of course, you CAN stitch this on regular fabric too... but the pouches are a fun new thing that lets you USE and enjoy your stitching when it's finished. Presented as a chart - pouch and threads available separately.
- Thoughts of Halloween - Presented as a chart, this little 4 x 4 graveyard scene is worked on purple using hand-dyed flosses, and it's embellished with the cutest smiling-moon clay button. Although it's framed on the leaflet cover... this would make a cute block stand-up as well. We are including the moon button with the charts.
Presenting Nutcracker Village
from Country Cottage
OK all you 'Villagers' out there that love these little sets... Nikki Leeman is beginning a new Village this November of 2021. 11 Designs - one released each month - the first design features Clara and the Prince among festive Christmas Trees. Its stitch count is 118 x 71 and is the largest center panel part - if you are going to stitch this as one scene. The other 10 designs - 59 x 71 (3 x 4-1/2) - surround the center.
Stitched on 32ct linen, the whole thing (236 x 217) will measure about 13-1/2 x 15. Total thread usage will be: Classic Colorworks hand-dyeds of Snowball (7), Little Sprout (3), Rain Shower (3), Blushing Beauty (3), Wagon Wheel (3), Sugar Plum (2), Hazelnut (2), Grasshopper (2), Finley Gold (1), Cherry Tomato (1), and one each of DMC 647, 754, 3064 and 3371. The charts will have DMC conversions for the hand-dyeds.
Anyway, Chart One releases mid-November, and the rest will follow each month till September of 2022. Join our auto-ship to easily collect as they release. Each chart is $7.00.
from Madame Chantilly
This is a fun design - organized to spell the holiday. WHAT ABOUT stitching the stack of books and jack by themselves - even stitching all the letters by themselves, making individual cushions and stuffing a basket?
Super cute, every letter is decorated with pumpkins or ghosts, and the little kitty is just the cutest! Measuring 180 x 138, the chart is coded for DMC flosses. No fabric is suggested - which means the sky is your limit!
from Cottage Garden Samplings
Boy, this sleigh is so full, I'm not reindeer can fly with it! Santa is doing some fancy footwork to get his deliveries done... this is stitched on Picture This Plus's Alchemy hand-dyed linen. A yummy gray color... the chart is coded for regular DMC floss, and will finish about 8 x 12 on 32ct.
This might be a fun design to add some gold metallic into, or some beads, black metallics for boots, Simply Wool for fur or bear... see what you have hiding in your stash!
When Witches Go Riding
from The Tiny Modernist
You might have been seeing this design these past few months, while the pieces and parts were releasing, but we've waited until we had the whole set together to offer it. Stitched on 32ct Natural Linen, the whole thing measures 143 x 234 - so 9 x 14-1/2 on 32ct. Worked with B5200 (2), one skein each of Classic's Mossy and Rainy Day, Baking Tin (3), and 2 skeins of DMC black. We like it because it's so monochromatic, but not really!
Witches go riding, black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers 'tis near Halloween!
All 4 charts gathered together.
The 2022 Needlework Enthusiast's Book of Days
from Needlework Press has Arrived!
Here's the cover for next year's upcoming Book of Days by Needlework Press! A very useful and fun 9 x 12 softcover journal... each month of 2022 opens fully across 2 pages. Decorated with bits of antique samplers and little quotes and such, this is MAINLY a NICE, BIG empty calendar to fill in with stuff in your life that relates to your stitching in 2022!
Stitch get-togethers, contact info, shopping lists, project start and ending dates... you could log stitching hours... you can do anything with it! It is generally available every October, November and December - and always sells out before the year begins!
Autumn Pin Drum from Kathy Barrick
Stitch this delightful little piece - I love that stuffed pumpkin on the top! Stitched on Weeks Dye Works 36ct Beige linen with Weeks and DMC flosses... the entire thing is only 4 x 9 when flat.
Roll it into the drum shape and top it Lady Dot's hand-dyed velveteen... and make that stuffed pumpkin out of more velveteen. Then, cover your seams with baby rik-rak and you'll be good to go.
Great colors, Kathy has three different 'views' on her cover - it looks totally different from all the angles too!
Silk Gauze Swatch Sampling Set|
This is a glorious set of *10 different sizes* of silk gauze. You get 6 x 6 cuts each of size 40, 48, 56, 60, 68, 72, 82, 90 and 120 COUNT! Absolutely amazing that some of you can actually WORK on this... the cuts are huge in the silk gauze world. We could see the 68... but, wow, those smaller weaves are a challenge!
Perfect for samplers and doll house projects, we are thrilled to be able to offer this packet! Each packet comes with three properly-sized and labeled needles for the different counts of gauze, so you'll know what sizes to stock up on for future stitching projects.
New Offerings from Heartstring Samplery's Beth Twist!
- Merry Birds - A set of 4 pin cushions, each features winter birds doing festive things - (not really SURE they do them in real life, but lets imagine, here!) Beth says she's used bright vintage-inspired colors.
- Christmas Bells Sampler - A festive border of green and red bedecked with silver bells surround a portion of the lyrics from 'I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.' Stitched on 36ct, this will finish a generous 11 inches square!
- Until We Meet Again - Beth's basket of flowers surrounded by fluttering moths - she's inspired by her flower beds and their 'Visiting October Pollinators!' Stitch count is 148 square.
- My Wish for You - A Small pin cushion - make it for someone you love! Weeks flosses...
- To God be the Glory - The next in Beth's Sunday Stitches series of favorite Church hymns! We have the rest of the set still available... plain and simple, but very popular!
Witchy Boo Boo & Trick or Treat
from AB Designs
Amy Bruecken has a pair of new charts - both full of her Halloween silliness. Always cute and colorful... each title of two designs is a single chart.
- Witchy Boo Boo features a stack of house, witch and ghost... all decorated with bats and spiders. Stack is done on Picture This Plus's Kermit hand-dyed linen - a great color - and measures approx 2-1/2 x 8-1/2. The little Jack -in-the-Pot will make a cute pin cushion because it's just 2 x 3-1/2!
- Trick or Treat features another silly stack - ghosts and a little kitty wearing a sweater.... and almost the same little haunted house on the hill.
New Releases from Stitching With The Housewives
- December Calendar Crates - The 6th so far in this set... you get a darling scene perched atop a 'crate' boxed area of the design. We are seeing lots of Priscilla's designs stitched on OTHER colors of fabrics and they are super cute. Don't let this dark background scare you off - I think the reindeer in this one are ultra cute - just by themselves! Scroll down to see the entire set and choose yours.
- Hello Santa - Santa is poking out of a Mason Jar... he is holding his cup of hot cocoa. If you want no jar... leave that part off... just stitch his top, and make small ornaments out of the cocoa cup and the snowman perched atop his reindeer!
- Here Comes Santa Claus - Little people everywhere on this... gingerbread cookies, Santa in his sleigh, and don't miss the little elf by his candy canes in the back of the truck! More cute motifs to take apart and make into ornaments!
from Cottage Garden Samplings
Wow, this little guy is regal and watchful! He's quite on top of things up there on his awesome white pumpkin! The 10th installment of this set of seasonal pieces, most have a large bird, animal or fruit in them... but all are bold and commanding.
Finishing about 6 x 8 on 32ct, this one is worked on Picture This Plus's Ancient Linen and uses 8 DMC's and 2 hand-dyeds. Presented as a chart... we have the rest of the set pictured together - just for fun!
from Sew Emma
Isn't he the jolliest guy? Stitch this retro Santa on anything darker than white material - so his beard shows up - OR do him ON white and don't STITCH any of the white!
The subtle gray curves gives his whole face and beard its shape... such a fun design. Measuring 91 x 91 in stitch count - he finishes approx 6 inches square on 14ct. The chart includes information about the frame and fabrics used in the finishing.
New Curly Girl Designs
Four new designs have come our way by the artist - Curly Girl - charted into Cross Stitch by the Mill Hill people. Presented as full kits of 28ct linen, each includes DMC floss and Mill Hill glass seed beads to accent. Each finishes apprix 6-1/2 inches square and fit in the Mill Hill wooden frames available by special order.
- Made Of - It's the things that we are made for that give us the best opportunities to find out what we are made of.
- Dog is a Small Word - Dog is such a very small word for something that takes up so much room in your heart.
- Stitched Together --We are each a remarkable thing stitched entirely together by all we have survived.
- A Child is Born - For Unto Us... a Child is born! This one features the new Glow-in-the-Dark beads!
Miniature Sampler Pin Drums from Olde Colonial Designs
Oh my gosh, these are the CUTEST little cushions! Designed by Olde Colonial's Kelly, each is stitched on one-inch wide 26ct German linen banding. The cut of band in the kit in only 6 inches long... so when rolled, your tiny drum is only that 1-inch high by approx 1-1/2 inches wide. You are stitching with one thread of floss over one thread on the band... so each design is full of tiny details. We have three different designs so far... more are in the works... but get these stitched first!
Smelling the Daisies has bunnies in their flower garden.
Waiting for Santa has tiny evergreens and reindeer on it.
Grazing in the Grass has sheep and a little cow amidst the summer flags.
Presented as kits of the chart, banding, Skirtex and interfacings, topper and bottom wool felts and boards, and warm and natural for puffy... Pam has great photos in here of her finishing process. All you need to add are the bits (and I mean BITS) of floss. Just the sweetest little things... you can see my hand in the pic to gauge their charming size!
Colorful Dessert Scissors
These look good enough to eat - but don't DO that! We have three new pair of decorated 3-1/2 embroidery scissors - with matching 'pleather' sheaths.
Choose between cupcakes, ice cream cones or jelly beans. Each scissor has the design on the entire scissor - just not the blades, and the sheaths match.
Presenting Autumn - Blue Flower Style!
Jeannine McGowan designed these 4 pieces for our summer event this past July. We are thrilled to be able to offer them now as shop exclusive charts... and it's just the right time of year for all the little acorns! Everything is stitched on a very light green hand-dyed 36ct linen. Waterlily is good, Country Vintage Mocha would be good... even something with a golden tint would be great with all these Autumnal colors. There are lots of possibilities across the different fabric options. A Fat Quarter 'of whatever' will do all the designs, and if you want us to choose some velveteens and trims to coordinate for your set - we can, because we have our shop models! I'd do 2 velvets and 2 trims.
- Silver Needle Squirrels features 4 stitching squirrels each perched atop their own acorn tuffett. Everyone is a different color... but their little hats match. Finished into a rather large octagon shaped cushion - about 6 inches in size, the center is anchored with a clay spool-of-thread button. Charted for hand-dyeds and DMC, Jeannine chose a very light hand-dyed green background linen. We have fun acorn buttons and leaves - so you might want a different button on the underside, and Lady dot's hand-dyed velveteen would be wonderful as your backing material, and the chenille or baby balls would be fun as edging trim.
- Acorn Basket - This one would also be a cute pin cushion - just about 4 x 4 on 36ct - but in the pic it is finished as a needle book. The same color scheme of honey golds, avocado, cornsilk, cappucino, chocolate, rusts and grays, you could add some matching buttons to the front. We have luscious Dr's Flannel by Lady Dot to make needle pages, or back it with coordinating velveteen to go with the Squirrel cushion.
- Stitching Squirrel - Oh these two are charming! More ladies in their fine hats stitching away... these two are perched on acorn pumpkins. Their border is even a hoop! Jeannine finished this one into a linen pinched-corner tray - backing it with pretty fabric. Measuring 83 x 90 on that same light green 36ct background, the little tray is about 6 x 6... and the Stitching Squirrels fit right inside - only then you cover up THIS design (so don't do that!) So... if you don't 'tray' this one - it'd be a companion cushion to the others.
- Gather and Stitch - A pretty band design, this would be pretty across a basket, stitching pouch or stitching mat - or finished into this drum-shaped cushion. The stitched design is 191 x 41, and your drum will vary in size depending on how much fabric you allow at the top and bottom. Just Simple and pretty... add some fun pins to the top - choose a pretty Lady Dot velveteen for the topping and I personally love Chenille or the mini balls as trim!
Just Nan's Newest Designs are Here!
- 15 Tiny Gardens - Introducing Nan's newest 15-sided biscornu to remind us of our Spring Gardens all year long. Each of the 15 tiny garden scenes is different and showcases buds and blossoms worked in soft shades of pink and lavendar. Moving among the pretty petals and leaves are some of Nan's favorite garden visitors - ladybugs, bees, bunnies, butterflies, garden mice and lots of dragonflies.
There is a lot to see, and all the tiny details are a delight to stitch. Stitched on both 32ct Antique White and Baby Pink Belfast linens, each piece is lavishly embellished with cream pearls and soft pink beads. The finished biscornu cushion is centered on both sides with a pink crystal coin bead, decorated at the corners with 10 Swarovski pink pearls and trimmed with more gold embossed beads. Chart comes with great instructions, charts for each little garden section, and all the fun little embellishments!
- Stitchy Witchy Mouse - A Limited Edition Ornament Miss Witchy is Nan's latest little witch and cousin to all the other witch mice. She is known for her fine needlework and does all the sewing , embroidery and mending for 'the coven.' She designed her dress with beaded cobwebs, colorful accents and Midnight - her cat. (But WHY does a mouse have a CAT? Because she is a witch who has cast a spell on him!) Stitchy Witchy is holding her favorite needle, and is worked on 32ct Stone Gray Belfast linen. Her chart comes with all her necessary embellishments... love that little hat! Click this link to see the entire set of Just Nan's tiny ornaments.
- Cobweb Fancy Trim Needle Slide - Cobweb is Nan's first in her new set of Fancy trim Needle Slides. Lacy cobwebs drifting across a midnight black background are decorated with purple velvet rik rak trim centered with gold and orange sequins. A very elegant Halloween accessory! There is a strong magnet inside the slide to secure your needles.
Coming Our Way: Glow In The Dark Beads from Mill Hill|
Oh how fun... Mill Hill's classic glass seed beads in 6 different colors... due in the shop any day! Each glass bead does have its own color, but all will glow the same eerie luminescent color in the dark. I imagine they will be turning up in designs shortly, as they are a completely new product... but they'll be fun to have NOW!
Stuffed Full!... Our October 2021 Secret Needle Night Kit
THIS MONTH'S DESIGN HAS SOLD OUT! THANKS! Visit the SNN page to learn more about this exclusive monthly series!
It's Christmas in October! I have a Radtko glass ornament that I love to hang on my tree every year - it's a jolly little red and purple polka dot stocking - kind of like this. I dug through my decorations and unearthed it for my inspiration!
Our stocking can be stitched and left empty - or full - you decide. Kit includes the 18ct natural linen, the fun Fyre Werks metallic ribbons and #5 Pearl Cottons... and some big fat glass beads! Mona's tall triangle stand-up is the perfect finish - so we have her finishing kits available too.
Stitch People Books
Wow, this is a really neat set of 7 books that, between them all, offer you literally thousands of different motifs to customize your own stitching project. We're showing you one of them here... click through to see the rest... it's definitely worth it!
The idea is to choose specific motifs from the entries to make your own family, vacation, or event pieces. You can use your own vacation pics or special event pics as the guide and stitch a memory that REALLY LOOKS LIKE YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR PIC!
Each book is spiral bound and printed in full color on heavy pages. The charts are huge, and as I mentioned, each book includes hundreds of individual options.
The Collectors, Hocus Pocus and Something Wicked This Way Comes from Autumn Lane Stitchery
Autumn Lane has some new designs -- some a little more 'intense' than others!
- The Collectors are three women of the Salem Witch Trials fame. You get the sordid details in the chart! Stitched on Yule hand-dyed fabric by Seraphim, you'll need 5 skeins of DMC 310, 3 of #500 and 2 of 501.
- Hocus Pocus is stitched on a barnwood hand-dyed color - kind of a recipe book for all the tools you might need to concoct a great spell! Finishes approx 9 x 9 on 28ct.
- Something Wicked This Way Comes - This one is done on Picture This Plus' haunted linen, which is a gorgeous aqua-deep sea color. You'll need 7 skeins of DMC 310! I kind of see two halves to this one - you could stitch just the top section or just the bottom part - OR the whole thing! Metallics in the windows or opalescent in the moon and ghosts would be fun too - or maybe touches of glow-in-the-dark thread or beads?
No Ordinary Cats, Mary Barton, Manon's Garden and ABC Blocks from Mojo Stitches
Presenting Mojo Stitches - We have quite an assortment of different design subjects and they are fun!
- No Ordinary Cats - If you are a cat-lover, you'll completely agree with this statement! Fun little cushion design - stitch like this, or make it a two-sided smaller cushion!
- Mary Barton's Work - An antique reproduction. Just a fun, colorful piece... coded for DMC or hand-dyeds, she's chosen the 'partial fading' color scheme of the original - but kept it autumnal in feel.
- Manon's Garden - A reproduction of a small French sampler. I love all the bits of floral borders all neatly organized here, measuring 144 x 155. Coded for DMC or hand-dyeds, it finishes just 8 x 8 on 36ct! It'd be pretty framed and perched on a small easel.
- A is for Aardvark Blocks - This is the start to a set of stitched blocks. Use them as pin cushions or to spell out a name or word to perch on a bookshelf. Each block has an upper and lower case letter as well as a range of appropriate motifs: ants, aardvarks, agapanthus, atlas moth, anchors and apples. B is for balloons, blue-bells, carpenter bees, butterflies, buttons, bobbins and bows. Each block's count is 105 x 140 - but each 'side' is really only 30 stitches in size. Bottoms are not stitched, and you can use whatever colors you want for your set - each block uses just two.
The Seasons & The Acorn Catcher from Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery
- The Seasons - This is a charming set of 4 seasonal houses decorated with quilt motifs and surrounded by fun and unique borders. Spring is full of pink flowers and love, Summer is the simplest one - full of hope. Autumn features the quilt stars all over in the sky, while the pumpkins along the bottom and the glorious tree on top make up these borders. Winter features pretty poinsettias to surround our snowman and evergreen tree. Available as 4 separate charts, they are coded for hand-dyeds or DMC and finish about 7 x 11 on 36ct linen.
- The Acorn Catcher - A cute little pin cushion for your big bowl of stitched fillers - 'In Autumn time pumpkins shine and acorns fall from the sky.' The little squirrel is down there with his little collection plate!
How The Finch Stole Christmas
from Artful Offerings
By Artful Offerings, isn't this a festive-looking guy? All dressed in his Santa Suit, he's holding a bright green package... lets hope he is DELIVERING rather than swiping!
Stitched on 18/36 he measures about 3 x 5. Coded for DMC and Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Karina has called for Simply Wool for his hat, trousers and collar trim.
12 Weeks to X-Mas and Broom Keeps|
Liezbeth has two new designs that caught my eye...
- 12 Weeks to X-mas features 12 large-ish designs that are finished like little mittens. Each measures 50 or 60 x 80 or 90... too big for tree ornaments... so mittens it is! She has included the full-sized mitten shape template in here - it measures almost 5" across the thumb to a little over 6 inches in length. Super-cute, the pics are a challenge to see, but you get a snowman shepherd tending his sheep, a tree snowglobe, a fireplace scene, and a whole little wintery village fast asleep - waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve. Charted for Gentle Art Sampler Threads or DMC, it's a cute set of designs.
- Broom Keeps - 5 little cushions of various sizes stitched on varied fabric - dig some fun colors out of your stash! Coded for DMC or Gentle Art Sampler Threads, if you don't have that COOL BROOM, you'll have to settle for fillers for your bowl of candy!
A Pocket for Potions, Nutcrackers 3, and Birdy Stitching Roll From La D Da!
Three designs by Lori - Potions is new, Nutcracker-Time is coming, and Birdy Roll is old, but still cute!
- A Pocket for Potions provides you storage for your toad's wort, spider venom, eye of newt, hogwart, cod liver oil and witch hazel. Just in case your family doesn't like what you made for dinner - now you can find *just the right ingredient* to 'add that little something extra!' What a fun piece to make into a little bag to hang on a kitchen knob or perch on a windowsill. Stitch it on anything you want - Lori used only 310 and 838 - brown and black.
- Nutcrackers 3 - Christmas is coming... get these little guys done - they'd make a cute block stand-up decoration. Measuring 119 x 108 - they are only 27 x 85 - so individually on 36ct they are 1-1/2 x 4!
- Birdy Stitching Roll - We cleaned in the inventory aisle and found that we have several of these charts - and they weren't on the website anymore! Originally offered as a kit (I believe about 7 years ago!), the birds and basket stitched area you see is the backside - the outside - of the roll. Lori has turned it over for you to see that she's lined the backside with fabric and Week's hand-dyed wool... and added thread rings for her flosses. You can see her name and date stitched there - that is really on the other side - below that row of diamond-shaped motifs. Really a pretty little piece stitched with Weeks flosses of Adobe, Cocoa, Molasses, Dolphin, Seagull, Charcoal, Olive and Teal Frost.
from Shepherd's Bush
Teri Richards has discovered stitching on the Mad for Plaid Project Bags! 'Stitch' is her single chart design that includes the big word, along with a tiny scissor fob and pin cushion - on linen - version. The project bags come in three colors and measure 10-1/2 x 13 x 3-1/4, with a top zipper closure. Berry, Charcoal or Olive, her 'Shepherd's Bushy colors' will work on any of the three colors of project bags available. (There are also gingham SQUARE mesh pouches in pink, aqua and gray available too! See below... we put that entry up for you, too.)
'Stitch' measures just 28 x 54. On the project bags, you are using #5 Pearl cotton - over two threads. (Hint: use up your stocking threads!) On the project bags, stitching measures approx 3 x 6-ish. Use the same design on 32ct Waterlily linen to stitch the little cushion. Teri has a tiny chart on here for the fob - it's less than an inch! What a fun new idea... check out the project bags, and see your options!
Mad for Plaid Project Bags by Sew Emma
MORE colorful mesh project bags! Joining our Gingham-on-the-Go set of Aqua, Pink and Gray multi-sized pouches, we now have Berry, Charcoal and Olive zip pouches as well! Shepherd's Bush is stitching on these - you can see 'Stitch' done on the Olive pouch... Teri is using her 'Shepherd's Bushy Colors' of #5 Pearl cotton on these... so now we have SIX different pouch options!
These Mad for Plaid bags measure 10-1/2 x 13 x 3-1/4 in size. They are a perfect project size... you can see through them to keep track of what's in what, and they are a soft, pliable plastic.
Boo Whoo, Jingle Jolly Joy, Gathering Acorns and Stashing Squirrels
Luminous Fiberarts has 4 new printed leaflets that we like!
- Boo Whoo features a retro-inspired pair of friends - BOO and WHOO! Stitched on anything you want, with just black and Weeks Carrot floss, notice the two-color ribbon finishing on the edges. These will make cute pin cushions - 3 x 4 on 18/36ct - or little pokes for the candy dish or pumpkins!
- Jingle Jolly Joy is shown stitched as one on this front cover, but I fell in love with the individual finishing on the BACK cover. I think they are over one of perf paper... but against that striped background they are charming! I'd even consider 28 Mushroom Lugana over one - you're talking less than 2 x 3!
- Gathering Acorns - This is the third one of these designs we have - Valentines with Strawberries and St Pats with shamrocks... each is worked with just one color of hand-dyed thread. So, so simple, yet so striking!
- Stashing Squirrels - Part of a friendship series - I think these two are having a stand-off about that acorn! Great colors, it finishes approx 4 x 7-1/2 on 32.
Hand Stitched House by Theresa Lawson
Wow... this is a cool book that contains 200-plus pages on EVERY SINGLE detail and bit of information you will need to transform your house into a piece of needlework! Every single bit of architectural detail, every kind of landscaping, masonry, everything is addressed in here.
Because you are surface embroidering - it is loaded with stitch techniques and advice about which threads are best for what. The pictures are wonderful in here... stitching anything is optional! Definitely a treat for anyone who loves houses or Embroidery!
Fairy Wool in the Wood has New Designs for Christmas
- The Nativity is charming! Super-simple, it includes all it needs to! Coded for15 shades of DMC floss, it finishes a little less than 6 x 6 on 14ct. No backstitching or anything like that, the chart does come with three brass star embellishments.
- Gifts is another little elf that companions her Elf-on-the-shelf Pattern. Coded for 11 shades of DMC, it finishes approx 4 x 7 on 32ct. The chart includes 2 brass bells and a tiny scissor charm.
- Dogmas & Catmas - The little kitty is playing in the box of tree lights, while the dog is perched on his little bed with his favorite bone. A pair of ornament designs, presented separately, they use DMC and finish about 4 x 7 on 32ct. Kind of large for ornaments - they'd be cute hanging from a doorknob too. Each comes with two bells - kitty has a love hart, and dog has a little name tag.
Santa's Hat of Holly
from Bent Creek
Bent Creek's next 'thing of things' design is here. Santa's hat is stuffed full of all sorts of enticing packages and what-nots.
Finishing about 6 x 6, it's stitched on 18ct natural linen with DMC's #5 pearl cotton. The kit comes with the fabric, threads and tiny heart button embellishment - and you'll finish it in a jiff!
The Halloween Alphabet
from Romy's Creations - All the way from Italy!
Look what just arrived! A & B through M & N are here now... and more are coming later this Fall. This is a DARLING set of small cushion-sized letters... each measures 60 x 60 in stitch count. Presented as charts AB, CD, EF, GH...etc... we will be up to MN, with the rest due to release this Fall.
Romy is using her own hand-dyed flosses, and *We have the entire set of 21 skeins of her threads to do all of them!* Can't wait to get a big bowl and fill it with candy and alphabet cushions! (We're doing an auto-ship for the rest of this set as well.)
When I Think of... from PuntiniPuntini
Paola has released her final three months of the year - all stitched with DMC, all featuring little motifs for that month and each with a tiny hand-made clay button embellishment. The individual cushions finish 3 x 6-1/2. Her Year of Pins are featured on all of them!
Presenting her Year of Pins Sets - now finished too from PuntiniPuntini
LOOK at all these glorious pins! Each set of 6 covers 3 months... and Paola has featured them in her darling monthly cushions.
Individually and beautifully hand-made, these little treasures will not be around for forever - so even if you don't stitch THIS set of months... get these for your other seasonal things!
- January/February/March is the set on the left - evergreen and flake. Feb has the chocolate bar and heart, and March has the shamrock.
- The April/May/June set has the spring carrot and summer's corn and ice cream cone.
- July/August/September has the flamingo - bees and cute little pencil for back-to-school.
- Finally the October, November/December set has the squash, turkey and gingerbread cookie and candy cane you see poking from the October, November and December pillows above!
Judy Whitman has 5 new releases that are here.
Each chart has multiple pics inside of various other fabrics or colorways.
- Alphabet in the Round #406 features a font from an antique French sampler that Judy has manipulated into small rounds, initials and monograms. She's played with color combinations as well.
- Be Merry #407 is simply a statement for the season... the finishing can be a no-sew... just grab a bottle of your favorite glue!
- Christmas Smalls #408 includes 5 pretty florals - I think the best one is the little strawberry - but it's the hardest to see in the pics! The tree piece has a pocket on the backside for scissors, and while it looks Christmassy - the other designs are simply small colorful florals that work for any season.
- Dashing Through The Snow #409 is charming! The same tiny sampler is stitched on three different fabrics in three different colorways - how different they look from each other! We love that red one - it companions Joyeux Noel, O Christmas Tree and Tidings of Joy - all little one-over-one samplers stitched in white on red! (We have that red fabric in three different counts too!)
- French Christmas Tags II #410 Small single birds meant to be ornaments, finished onto wooden boards, but you could use pretty papers as well.
Auntie's Sewing Box, Your Attitude and Your Issues
from Sue Hillis Designs
Sue Hillis has released some fun designs...
- Auntie's Sewing Box makes a delightful 7-unch sewing box filled with all sorts of cushions and cases. The book cover pic shows everything you get in here... notice the band across the very top of the book cover? That is the band that surrounds the box, but all straightened out so you can see it. All the pieces and parts are in here, along with extensive finishing and assembly instructions. This whole set companions her Christmas Morning box set, her Study in Blue, and Something Wicked Box and Small Finishing.
- Your Attitude - See if you know anybody who'd enjoy these! You can switch out fabrics and colors on them... do whatever you want to preserve that 'good attitude!'
- Your Issues - The stitched pic says it all! 11 Shades of DMC, it finishes approx 6-1/2 x 7 on 32ct.
Make Me A Blessing and Keys to Happiness from Monticello Stitches
These two pieces caught our attention!
- Make Me a Blessing to Someone Today - Does that mean I need a lot of work to BE a blessing to someone? Kind of makes you think a little, huh? Stitched on 36ct this finishes a huge 15 x 16... so definitely a bold prayer for that self help! Charted for DMC, it uses 24 different shades - multiple skeins of 6 of the colors.
- Keys to Happiness Never put the keys to your happiness in someone else's pocket. Wow, there's another powerful life lesson! (Follow this advice especially if you want to be a blessing to someone else today!) We like this one a lot. You could always hang it right above the family house and car key rack (if you still use keys!). Coded for DMC, on 32ct it finishes about 9 x 11. Doesn't need to say much more, does it?
The Wizard of Oz, Heat Wave and Memento Mori from Satsuma Street
Jodi Rice has a few new designs presented in leaflet format - her books are always bright, pretty and super-clear and easy to work from.
- The Wizard of Oz is CHARMING! First, it's a fun and different shape. Next, look into each of the 5 big sections... they tell the whole story. We get Glinda and the Munchkins at the top, Dorothy, Toto and the Scarecrow, Lion, and Tin Man all following the Yellow Brick Road. At the other side is the field of Poppies that puts Dorothy to sleep, then the Wicked Witch of the West and her flying monkeys. Finally the wizard flying back to the (Omaha wasn't it?) State Fair! Emeralds garnish the corners and the Yellow Brick Road and rainbows surround all. With a stitch count of 184 x 184, since it teases your eye by its shape, it really is 12 x 12 from emerald to emerald! Jodi has two 11 x 17 separate colored charts in here - two-sided. You get the entire scene charted in color, then huge individual colored charts of the back stitch details in each. Choose a mint green or Star Sapphire colored fabric... lots of count options for this, coded for DMC.
- Heat Wave - All these bright, hot colors - it just makes you happy! Stitch count of 188 x 90, this finishes approx 13-1/2 x 6-1/2 on 14... although this is worked on an oatmeal-colored fabric, I think white would be stunning!
- Memento Mori - After watching the movie 'Coco' I have a better understanding of Sugar Skulls, and their heartwarming, family spirit. So, these are happy and colorful. Worked on black - any count you can SEE, the stitch count is 71 x 257 - so they finish approx 5 x 18 on 14/28ct. Coded for lots of bright and pretty DMC flosses.
First Snowfall Pinkeep and Butternut House Pinkeep
from Stacy Nash Primitives
A pair of charming pin cushion designs, these are actually on the large side, which makes them a fun surprise stuffed and tucked into your bowl of 'fillers.'
- First Snowfall is on Weeks 36ct Confederate Gray, stitched with 7 shades of Weeks hand-dyed flosses, and finishes about 6 x 5-1/2.
- Butternut House is also on 36ct, but it is worked with regular 'ol DMC and Charcoal hand-dyed. You kind of miss the greyed-green 'lawn' of pumpkins down at the bottom, but then, you notice the cauldrons!
Punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher Magazine - The Fall 2021 Issue
Wow, is this one packed full of cute projects! 87 Pages of pics with 22 punch needle and cross stitch projects inside, it is delightful!
Teresa Kogut has a cool bird/acorn PN,
The Blue Flower did a cross stitch heart filled with owls, pumpkins, corn, apples, there are even hedgehogs in here!
A lovely magazine that is a treat to page through... they DO sell out of past issues, so don't wait too long collect your copy - they don't stick around!
Winter Whites and Chronicles of Oline Marie II
from Summer House Stitche Workes
I love these two new designs by Beth Ann...
- Winter Whites is a soft piece stitched on natural linen in just Whitewash, Sandcastle and Flatfish Weeks Dye Works hand-dyed flosses. It's not very big - just 109 x 45, so it finishes just under 3 x 7, and if you make that baby drum - it's about 2 x 3! What I am so excited about as well, is that we are including the Lady Dot Creates finishing set with the pattern! You get the round matboard mounting piece, the Lady Dot Snow Chenille, the Weeks Houndstooth Wool cut in here, interfacing, the snowflake charm and the old fashioned safety pin the flake hangs from. NO chasing around to gather all the pretty and matching ingredients! Presented as the chart with finishing packet, linen and threads are available separately.
- Chronicals of Oline Marie II - These are take-outs from a Norwegian sampler stitched by 14 yr old Oline Marie in 1844. The bird is shown on a needlebook, and the larger 91 x 91 stitch floral piece is mounted diagonally on a little velvet pillow made from Lady Dot's String Bean hand-dyed velveteen. Coded for either silks or DMC, colors featured are 520. 841, 733, 640, 833, 676 and 543 - so soft and pretty!
Limited Edition Finishing Packs from Lady Dot Creates
We don't know how Lois has the time to assemble her cute assortments of finishing fabrics and trims, but she's presented us with 2 different packs that we'll have for just a few weeks.
- Broom With a View contains 3 of ther hand-dyed velveteens, 5 different ribbon trims and a little haunted house charm. The idea is to provide you a coordinating color assortment who when you are finishing a set of cushions or ornaments - you have enough to finish your set with complimentary colors.
- Gone Nuts features her hand-dyed Osnaburg - a heavy, nubby cotton There are 5 different ribbons in here as well as a cool squirrel charm, and a little pair of acorns. Fabrics are approx 10 x 10, trims are approx 24-30 inches in length.
By the Light, Summoning, Buttons and Black Lace, Under The Sea, Family Fourth
from Fern Ridge Collections
Pat and Peggy have been super-creative these past few months dreaming up all sorts of cute new cases and Peyote Beaded Scissor Fobs! They are all due in the shop this week, and until i can get my hands on the actual kits - I cannot tell you fabrics and colors... so will fill in that info ASAP! The stitched cases are all completely kitted - finish about 3 x 6 and then fold. The completely kitted beaded fobs (which take between 3 and 4 hours to complete) are generally an inch and half log, BEFORE all that lavish beaded fringe they love to add. The kits are stuffed full of cool stuff... and they are including pretty good inside pics for your finishing info. All fobs are $37, all cases run $36.
- Family Fourth - Looks like a schoolhouse - I think the green beads on the fob are sculpted flower shapes!
- By the Light has crows and pumpkins - lots of delicious black and orange beads.
- Under the Sea - These two always find the CUTEST seaside-themed charms and use the prettiest aqua blue fabrics on their mermaid projects... look at those mermaid charms and that star fish!
- Buttons and Black Lace is a little more subdued... really pretty metal and pearl buttons to add a silver hue to the classy black and white.
- Summoning is the back of a little witch working on her spell! The artwork on the outside of the case is the same as the beaded fob... cute charms too!
- Then, the Wooden Scissor Tray! Wow, is this cool! The Girls have commissioned wooden storage trays to display your scissors with all your gorgeous finished fobs attached - and then remembered to add storage for the matching stitched cases! Measuring about 2-1/2 inches high and about 4 x 7 in size, you have 12 holes here to hold scissors, and room for about 6 cases inside! You COULD use this tray for other scissor fobs and little cases and cushions as well... we won't tell! Really a neat storage piece - it really shows off all your hard work, and lets you enjoy all those stunning beads!
Autumn Berries, The Moon is Full, Leafy Sidewalks and Life is Better Meow from Erica Michaels
Erica Michaels' Linda Stolz has 7 new designs - here are 4, with pics and info about the others when you click through!
Linda is COMING to the Silver Needle in May of 2022! A small weekend class in our She Shed classroom space adjoining the shop, one of the projects will be a linen berry. AS A BONUS TREAT, we are also welcoming Michele Arsenault of Michele Ink, who is a silver artist. You will be molding a sterling silver topper piece using precious metals clay for your berry! The silver is re-claimed from old electronics... your berry is freshly stitched! Details about Linda and Michele's visit are on our Events page!
- Autumn Berries - A trio of pin cushions, I like that little scarecrow, all three designs are in this chart.
- The Moon is Full - Beware, Halloween is in the air! Choose a dusty, stormy color fabric - you get the berry and square cushion designs in here as well.
- Leafy Sidewalks - Five different thoughts, 3 different borders, stitch them in any combo you wish. They can be as large as 5 x 8 or smaller finishes to perch on a windowsill.
- Life is Better Meow - Well, you certainly 'get this' if you have a kitty! Do NOT however, stitch this as a new toy for that little cat!
Presenting Home Sweet Home - A New Stitch-Along beginning November of 2021
from By the Bay Needleart
Donna Bayliss is beginning a new mega-piece - this one features 12 different *home scenes,* one chart releasing each month till next November. The small parts measure only 42 x 70 each, but together, the entire piece will measure 168 x 336. You can choose whatever fabric you wish... on 32ct, it'll all finish 10 x 21 - so not really so overpowering and 'mega' at all! Donna always has neat trees. Look at this... every month's house has different landscaping...but they all go together with her willowy-billowy trees!
Coded for DMC, the entire 'threads needed' and layout info is included in the first chart... and all charts (during the stitch-along-year) will run $7.00 each. (Next year, when they are all released and the Stitch Along is finished, they'll all go up to $9 individually.) Charts are not sold 'single-y' this first year, which means if you want to pick and choose your favorite houses... either register to get the whole set and skip some, or wait till next year to get single charts (at the higher price.) Just so pretty... we're taking Sign-Ups now to begin shipping the day ours arrive to us! Maybe wait until your first chart comes to decide fabric color and count?
Little Teacher and Stitcher Mice by Tiny Modernist
Oh my gosh, these are so cute! Mouse's Halloween Stitching came out last year, but Mouse's Schoolhouse is new. Presented in small card format, each of these is printed in a full color chart, and they finish just under 4 x 4 on 32/16ct.
Halloween uses only 7 colors of DMC or hand-dyed; Teacher uses 8. Hallo's pumpkin is really a pin cushion with scary stitched pins poking from the top! You might want to use some furry wool thread for the mice, add some metallic for those scissors and moon, and maybe find a few beads to use on the sunflower's middle. Quick and colorful, they'd be fun stuffers in between your halloween pumpkins and mini dried Indian corn ears.
A New Santas Revisited Edition - the 8th!
from Prairie Schooler
Here come MORE Genuine Prairie Schooler Annual Santas that have been out of print! We finally now have 1997, 1998 and 2013 again.
This should make all you collectors out there very happy, as we are really close now to being able to get ALL 38! Keep stitching!
After the Rainbow, Bittersweet Village, Token of Fall and Two Pumpkins Bright
by Hello from Liz Matthews
Several new designs by Liz Matthews...
- After the Rain - I LOVE this one! Stitched on any basic fabric you want... all the rainbows are stitched with the same color palette of DMC floss, only they're all mixed up! 171 x 181, you can even choose your OWN colors... but be easy on yourself and choose the same number of shades as Liz used... subbing one color for the other. That way, your balance of color is the same.
- Bittersweet Village - Oh this is pretty. The leaf shapes really catch your eye - horizontally and vertically - your eye is teased everywhere with this explosion of color and shape repetition. Measures 104 x 96... so about 6 x 6 on 32ct!
- Token of Fall - Kind of a fun bird with swirly 'feathers.'
- Two Pumpkins Bright - These little guys are cute - we like the dangling spiders and the confetti-look of the background. Those spiders would be fun to do in beads or black metallic, and so would the pumpkin eyes. This measures only 73 x 95, so little at 4 x 5 on 36ct!
Mill Hill's Beaded Holiday 2021 Gingerbread Kits!
Ohhh... a new set of small ornament-sized designs is on the way to us... due in the shop any minute! A set of 6 gingerbread people and cottages along with a stocking and tree pair, these are worked on 14ct brown perforated paper with DMC floss and Mill Hill Beads.
You probably know the drill for these - cute, small, complete little kits - they look awesome on your Christmas Tree and are really fun to stitch!
Sweet and Sharp Macarons from Clover
These are the cutest little magnetic needle minders by Clover that double as cleaners as well. Raspberry or Pistachio - choose your 'flavor' (they do look good enough to eat!) Measuring 1-3/8 inches in diameter and about 1/2 an inch thick, they feature a rare-earth magnet inside somewhere to hold your needles, and feature a soft, pliable 'filling' that is made from cotton and nylon to clean your needles.
Kind of pricey at $12.00 each, we decided that the trip to France to eat a REAL Macaron would be much more expensive, so these are second best. (Please, though, DO keep these away from small children... they really ARE charming, cute, and look good enough to eat!) Something fun for your stitching stash!
Autumn Strolls and Susie Susie Samplermaker
from Lindy Stitches
Lindy Stitches has a couple of new designs that are fun...
- Autumn Strolls make thankful souls - I guess because they are out walking instead of being cooked! Stephanie loves turkeys... so stitch these little guys; do not have them for dinner! Finishes 7 x 10 on 36, this is a medium hand-dyed blue linen background, and threads are a mixture of DMC, Weeks and Classic.
- Susie Susie Samplermaker is a companion to Mary Mary Needleworker. Finishing about 12-1/2 x 10 on 32ct, it's stitched Classic, Weeks and DMC. The verse asks about Susie's garden, which is probably NOT growing too well as she is inside stitching samplers rather than keeping away the hungry deer in her yard!
Harry Potter, Star Wars & Frozen II Scissors!
Wow... something fun through our doors this week! Licensed by all the right people... (Disney, WBEI and LFL) we are excited to offer these fun 6-inch scissors in protective 'pleather' decorated sheaths! Each pair measures 6 inches in overall length, and their companion (plasticy-leathery) sheaths measure 5 inches. Tips are not super pointy, and I wouldn't use these to cut fabrics... but the blades are sharp and they work great on paper and threads.
We think Santa needs to bring these for ANYBODY who loves Star Wars, Harry Potter or Frozen. (They'd make great stocking stuffers). Each style's decorations are enameled on the handles, and they look really nice. We think because of the 6-inch size they'd be good for anyone in 5th or 6th grade and older - definitely not for little-little kids. I tried to shoot pics of them with both front and back sheath decorations showing... we just think they're pretty cool around here!
Colorful Soft-Handled Small Scissors
These are fun little scissors - really good for cutting metallics because they are serrated.
3-1/2 Inches, choose from Pink, Lime or Purple.
It's Fall Y'All and Please Grow from Val's Stuff
Two new arrivals by Val's stuff... they hint at Spring and Fall, but after our recent weather... who knows?
- It's Fall Y'All - Val Danish has a new Plant Poke - a cheerful pumpkin and his felt sunflower to brighten your green plants this time of year. Offered as a kit of the 14ct perforated paper, stick, purple and black backing felts, the yellow, brown and gold felts for the flower, and the green swirly button for flower center, all you add is the DMC from your stash, and the plant! Finishing about 3-1/2 inches square... it companions Please Grow! Just something cute, colorful, and quick to stitch and finish.
- Please Grow is a plant poke! Delightful colors, it is stitched on 14ct perforated paper with DMC flosses from your stash. Then, you decorate with felt flower pieces, and the button. Cut it out, glue it to the black felt, then glue that to the pink felt, add the wooden skewer stick and you're ready to beg that plant to grow (using your good manners!) Complete kit includes the chart, paper, embellishments, felt and stick to make the 4 x 4 poke.
Lots of New Lovelies from Teresa Kogut!!!
Two new Punch Needle Designs, too!
- Soul Sisters - Finishing about 4-1.2 x 6 on 32ct... (I'm the one with the smaller butt!) Something cute to stitch for a friend!
- Two in a Bush - Teresa likes Pennsylvania Dutch Fraktur designs... thus the inspiration for this little piece! Approx 5 x 8 on 32ct... pretty cranberries, cream and greens on a deep gold.
- Up on the Housetop - Choose a wild and fun blue hand-dyed fabric for these little guys! They're up there dancing on the rooftop - they'd better not fall! 6-1/2 x 7-1/2.
- Hazel's Halloween Friends - Quite a cute stack of little buddies here... this measures about 4 x 5 when finished. Cute finishing treatment on a little pre-made board.. turn under the edges, choose a little fun trim, a little glue and you're done!
- Pumpkins & Bats - This one would be fun to add some glitz to. Metallics for the moon and stars, Straight stitches for the broom bristles, fuzzy for the cats, and beads for the bat eyes... finishes about 6 x 4-1/2.
- Tis Near Christmas Day - Finishing 6 x 9... what a fun thing to display the whole month of December while waiting for Christmas! Perch the 6 x 9 pillow in a little wooden sleigh, or finish this into a box and 'wrap it' with a bow on top!
- Halloween Tuxedo - 7 x 5-1/4 inches in size
- Folkart Eagle - 6 x 5 in size.
Back to the Grind, Follow Your Heart and Built on Love from Silver Creek Samplers
Silver Creek Samplers has some new releases, one for your kitchen, one for your stitching nest, and one to stitch for a special wedding this year or next!
- Back to the Grind - just a simple thing, about 9-1/2 x 4 on 18 Aida or 6ct linen - it uses just regular 'ol awesome DMC floss! (You know it would be cool to stitch the grinder top in a vintage black metallic, and add some antiqued gold metallic to the big letters.)
- Follow Your Heart needs to be a little pin cushion to keep by the side of your chair! If you stitch it over one on 28ct Mushroom Lugana (which is actually pretty easy to do), it'd be LESS than 3 x 3!
- Built on Love - What a cool wedding sampler - not out of date, not fussy like the stuff we used to do in the 80's - just something that a '30-something' would actually LIKE to hang in their house! *And so... together they built a life they loved...* (There's room for tiny initials and important date) Change the brown word to gray, if that's the better color/decor option, this is simple and really nice. Measuring 163 x 71... it'll finish 10 x 4-1/2 on 32ct.
New from Plum Street Samplers.
- Good Company - Paulette loves foxes, and had some living behind her house until they started road work! This is a pretty little piece - 87 x 72 - about 4 x 5 on 36ct. It features an awesome oak tree, bright sunflower, that cute house,and of course the little fox! The model on the cover is trimmed with Lady Dot's Mossy Mini ball trim.
- Goodness and Thanks - A penny rug inspired border surrounds this tiny pilgrim couple - the 1621 on there is the date of their first Thanksgiving. The larger cushion measures 4 x 4, the smaller is 2 x 2, and both are stitched on a neutral fabric with Classic Colorworks of Fresh Brew, Glazed Carrots, La Tierra, Zach Black, Sunkissed, Weeping Willow, Just Rust, Hickory Sticks and Shabby Sheep.
- The Gather Inn - This design features an autumn inn full of pumpkins and the festive arrival of the inn's proprietress, Edna, along with her 'gentle steed Calliope.' Paulette designed this when so many of us were saddened by the realization that gathering with our friends was simply out of the question. But we're getting back to those gatherings again! This one reminds her of Cinnamon Stars she designed several years ago.
- Betsy's Autumn Bird and Acorn - This was the Thursday evening project at our Summer Retreat with Paulette in 2017! (That's our model in the pic - but she's recharted the date so you're good!) The sunflowers on there are cute and the bird is big and fat - even though the little cushion is only 3 x 3. What is REALLY cool, though, is the stitched acorn! Hard to see in the pic, it is a bit of stitching - only 19 x 19 stitches in size. She's stuffed it into an acorn cap - and it is the CUTEST LITTLE THING! 36Ct neutral linens, Weeks hand-dyeds - you probably have all of them in your stash!
The 2021 Just Cross Stitch Magazine Annual Halloween and Christmas Issues are Here!
- This year's Halloween Issue is darling... full of huge as well as teeny scary projects - all with a Halloween or autumnal theme. You get a ton of designs for only $9.99. It's always a fun treat to page through - especially in the 110 degree heat!
We do sell out each season - we'll try to keep this in stock until late October, but then it's gone!
- The 2021 JCS Annual Christmas Ornament Issue has also now arrived! The cover looks pretty darn cute this year, and these sell out as well, so get yours now!
Isabella Jackson 1829 and We Are the Sampler Makers from The Scarlett House
Tanya from Scarlett House has two new patterns on the way to us!
- Isabella Jackson 1829 is gorgeous! It measures 202 x 217 - so 10 x 11 on 40ct... she's using a medium hand-dyed shade - Week's Cocoa is one of the suggestions. *When conscience pleads turn not away tis heaven that speaks and points the way.* A good lesson for life from 15 yr old Isabella!
- We Are the Sampler Makers - A fun piece for a fellow needle artist, this measures 167 x 106 - the model is on 36 but you can choose anything you like to work on! Weeks hand-dyed flosses are called for on the chart.
New Samplers by Brenda Keyes of The Sampler Company are on the way to us!
Both are presented as charts. They look good on just about anything you choose... we have some of hers stitched on 28ct Lugana over one - with a half cross - and they are stunning. Buttttt... you choose what you like best to work with - they are coded for DMC floss.
- Dwelling Place measures 204 x 205 in stitch count. It features a relaxed and winding floral border that surrounds the grandest of houses! Can you see 2021 stitched in Roman Numerals up on the roof? Kind of looks like a widow's walk!
- Tall Ships measures 287 x 287. It's full of tiny motifs, a little village, a church, cool ships and even a mermaid. The verse reads: I must go down to the sea again. To the lovely sea and sky, and all I ask if a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
Ghoul's Crossing from Praiseworthy Stitches
Pam and Susan have a new Haunted Halloween Party House for 2021. *Come Ghoulies, Shriek, Growl and Dance!* Joining their collection of other busy houses... this one is just as colorful as the others, but a little different in finished size. It's a whopping 28 x 14 on 32ct Picture This Plus 'Haunted' linen, and it's garnished with a collection of JABCO clay spiders, bats, pumpkins and a little caldron button.
We have several of their models in the shop, and it's fun to find smaller take-out design areas to stitch smaller versions. The dramatic fabric highlights all the cute little ghosts and kids, the trees are all scraggly, the spider webs are thin metallic... a lot of fun things happening on ALL of their Halloween and Christmas Scenes! Presented as a chart... fabrics, buttons and extensive thread list (of 49 hand-dyed skeins or 34 Skeins of DMC and the metallic) are all offered separately. (Fabric and button info TBA)
Heart in Hand's Newest Things are on the Way!
- Pocket Round Acorn - This is a tiny chart that makes a tiny topper for Cecelia's newest TINY Heartware grey bowl. If you finish your round much closer to the stitched circle edge of the acorn design, THAT will make it the perfect petite topper size for the charming bowl. You will be enchanted with the result! Bowl is offered separately from the small chart.
- Autumn - This is the third Doodle Design - leaflet format withseveral sections you could break apart. You could make three blocks and stack them together! Sunflower and crow in one, Gather and the acorns in another, and finally the little owl section!
- Halloween Square Dance, Part Three - this is the end of this set. Super cute haunted houses, Jack-o-lanterns and spectacular Trick or Treat kidlets, all of these have been really fun. Actually the WHOLE Square Dance series has been good. Cecelia has filled her tiny squares with some really unusual and unique seasonal things... Christmas has the Nutcracker Suite in it, and the first monthly one had some frosty popsicles in it. You don't have to stitch them all together - or even STITCH them all, she has a really nice freebie border chart on her website that says *Home for the Holidays* and features three spaces for ANY of the Square Dance pieces. (So the Holidays could all be summer... they could all be Halloween, they are totally YOUR choices to fill!) Anyway, all three designs are included in the chart.
- Wee Santa 2021 - We LOVE this year's Big Man! Cecelia's 26th Annual... He is really neat this year! Presented as a small card chart, he'll finish about 4 inches square. Very festive colors... if you do him over one on 28ct Lugana, he'd make a perfect ornament! Click here to see the rest of this neat set.
New Releases from Teresa Kogut
We were treated to EARLY RELEASE of two of Teresa's next patterns while she was here last week presenting at our Summer Event! I don't think the rest of the industry gets these for a couple of weeks, so we're thrilled to be able to present them now! Both are presented in booklet format with wire-spiral edging so you can open the charts flat to stitch from them.
- Cotswold Fields - *The birds of the air God takes care, Our world with abundance it yields, He delights in the creatures of the land and sea, but mostly the sheep of the Cotswold fields.* Measuring 324 x 256, this finishes a generous 16 x 13 on 40ct linen (so slightly larger on 32 or 36.) Worked with DMC and a few hand-dyeds, this is stuffed with charming animals and flowers everywhere. Teresa talks about her inspiration for this piece, so it makes all the design elements 'belong!' Colors are awesome, the shape, the flow, it was lovely to have the model in person for just these few days... definitely something you'll want to stitch!
- Remembrance - Teresa's first reproduction piece! She found a cute little piece... I don't think the original was stamped, but it kind of reminds me of those old ones... that finishes 8-1/2 x 9-1/2 on 40ct linen. Coded for DMC and Classic Colorworks hand-dyeds it features a sweet verse: Remembrance is the sweetest flower of all the world's perfuming. Memory guards it sun or shower, Love keeps it blooming.
The New Hands On Design Releases!
Fright This Way - The Complete Set of 9 Designs - Presented in 3 Charts!
Signs of the Season, Rhyme Time and Witch's Pantry are the three charts that deliver all nine of these fun Halloween Greetings. As you can see from the pics, you can stitch them on light or dark fabric - so you have options. Each measures 43 x 68 - about 3 x 4 on 32ct, and they are worked with hand-dyeds flosses (charts offer two different colorways of THAT as well!)
Signs is the first chart already released, Rhyme and Pantry are the last two charts in the set - which are due in the shop the first week of September.
The Kitchen Counter - The Complete Set of 4 Designs - Presented in 3 Charts from Hands On Designs
This has been a really cute set of designs - fun for any kitchen. Choose YOUR kitchen colors if the red and aqua don't match... they'll be just as cute.
Lick the Bowl, It Came With The House and Take Whisks are the three main designs with the 4th, Measure Up, being the bonus design that comes in parts from the other three charts. Each measures about 4 x 6, they'd all make cute housewarming gifts or kitchen renovation treats!
Lets Talk Stitching
from Hands On Designs
Something cute that talks about our favorite thing - STITCHING! Stitched on a dark fabric, with DMC flosses, Cathy has shown it framed, pin-cushioned inside a hoop, and then mounted into a fun stitching pouch.
The pattern for the stitching bag is available temporarily... so get one, if you think that's your way to go with this.
New Treats On the Way from Jeannette Douglas... Due in the shop early September
- Home Together #5 and #6 finish out this charming set of 6 small designs that could be made into pin cushions... or the DARLING little stitched linen cube! I'm not sure you'd want to poke pins into this though!) There's no place like home, and East or West, home is best are the two that round out the set of 6 sides. Each comes as it's own individual chart, so you can pick and choose which ever you like. We have all of them, so take a look. It's been a really nice set of designs, inspired - of course - by our year of 2020!
- Joy Be Thine Sampler - This looks very involved and scary to stitch, but Jeannette has used only Straight Stitches and Cross in this! Not too many design details yet, but it's done in brick reds, teals, creams, butterscotch golds and browns and a little mossy green. Presented in leaflet format with the wonderfully tempting thread and embellishment pack - she honestly is calling this a 'next step piece' to try a little specialty stitching!
- Chubby Bird - Well, isn't he cute? This is offered in small chart format... I don't know what kind of thread he uses... but he does finish about 3 inches in diameter.
Oodles of Summer and Look For The Beauty from Bent Creek
Bent Creek has released two new designs:
- Oodles of Summer is full of barnyard animals all hanging out with the sunflowers. Measuring 61 x 81, it'll be just 4 x 5-ish on 32ct.
- Look For The Beauty... in Everything is the charted design that was Bent Creek's half of our summer Stitching event in 2019. They presented with Heart in Hand, and this fun little piece was one of our projects! My original pic has some lace flowers in it - lace came from Lady Dot Creates.
The chart now has those flowers graphed for you instead... and we think it's just as cheerful and fun. Stitched on 32ct Country Vintage Mocha Linen, this finishes about 5 x 10. (If your colors in the pics are totally different... know that I took the model pic in the shop - the real, original stitched piece. The other picture is from the chart cover, which to me, is more washed out looking than the real thing!
Oh... A fun new shipment of scissors has arrived!
Some are new, some are past favorites. Pretty stainless embroidery scissors by Gingher, WASA and Bohin await you. All of them are good quality scissors - Ginghers come from Italy, WASA from Solingen, Germany and Bohin from France.
Lots of different features between them all, some come with leather sheaths, some are heavier in weight, some feature larger finger holes... so something for everybody!
Rynn - The 2021 Annual Gingher Designer Series Scissors and Shears
Due any day are this year's enaneled scissors by Gingher! Gingher describes Rynn as 'an organic, nature-inspired and balanced color palette which adds a calm, meditative energy to your collection.' Well, I'm not always calm when I'm cutting... but I DO love pretty scissors!
Traditional Gingher quality in these, very nice, sturdy embroidery scissors for lightweight threads and heavy-duty dressmaker shears for fabrics. Limited Edition for 2021!
NOTE! The 4-inch Rynns have arrived. It may be another week or two before the 8" version arrives.
Garden of Dreams
from Barbara-Ana Designs
Here is another pretty girl, musing and alone in her thoughts! She companions Dreaming Frieda and Dreaming Girl, but she's a little smaller, and is stitched on a neutral colored fabric. Can you see the darling little kitty up there in the hills?
Measuring only 86 x 97, she finishes approx 5 x 6 on 32ct - very do-able - and is charted for 18 shades of DMC floss. So pretty!
Presenting Jim Shore's 2021 Annual Santas and Snowmen!
Always super fun to stitch... Mill Hill is bringing us this year's 6 cute Santa and Snowmen by artist Jim Shore. Finishing about 3 x 4, each is stitched on 14ct perforated paper with lots of flosses and just a few glass beads. Cute faces, pretty colors and shading on the snowmen, they really look nice on your Christmas tree!
With Love and Miss B's Apiary
from Lila's Studio
Lila's Studio has two new releases to tempt your stitching fingers!
- Miss B's Apiary features a beekeeper in her garden. Pretty floral border surrounding everything, her bees look peaceful, under control and quiet! Measures 8 x 9 on 40ct.
- With Love - Let all that you do be done with love. The rose motif in this was taken from an 1853 antique sampler... I just love that. Finishes approx 4 x 6 on 40ct, this is coded for DMC.
July, August & September - Rabbit-Style! from Ink Circles
Ink Circles continues her 12-part set of 3-inch pin cushion designs - all featuring rabbits! Each design is presented separately in its own chart (so you can collect all 12 or just choose the ones you like best) with a nice, clear picture of the finished product. They remind you of a kaliedoscope, because each rabbit is rotated and repeated - I am sure there is some geometric term for that - it really changes the look of each individual bunny and his flowers.
A super cute and colorful set of smalls, these are #7, 8 and 9... with the final three charts releasing in a few months. Our Lady Dot Creates finishing packs for these are not available yet, but such a time saver for finishing, they're worth waiting for while you're getting your stitching done!
Two New Charts and a Kit from Chessie & Me
- Long May She Wave Kit - Linda Lautenschlager's new Annual Summer 2021 Patriotic kit is here! Always a favorite, this year's is worked on 35ct Weeks Dye works Tin Roof linen with 5 luscious shades of Gloriana hand-dyed silk. Just a petite thing, the finished cushion measures 2-1/2 x 3-/12. The flag's stars are Smyrna Crosses, and the crows are over one thread... this little thing will stitch in a jiff!
- Stitching Sisters is worked on 36ct linen with Weeks hand-dyed flosses. It finishes a petite 5 x 7. From My Humble Hand to Yours... More Than Friends, We're Stitching Sisters
- Hannah Comperf 1818 finishes approx 10 x 11 on 36ct. Coded for Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses, the large central alphabet is done in Algerian Eyes. This one is fun... see how it kind of divided in the middle? You could stitch only half... or make it super long and skinny!
Saltwater Scrapbook part 2 from Lindy Stitches and The Blue Flower
This part 2 of a collaboration with The Blue Flower. Five little pin cushions 3" square on 40 count fabric. Stitch count is 61 x 61 each.
This is a delightful set of small designs - all with a seaside/saltwater theme. Jeannine's favorite squirrels are building sandcastles... and that octopus really loves his beach house! The back cover of this chart shows all 9 smalls stitched together. Coded for DMC.
New from Mill Hill!
Pretty Mandala Quartet and the new Antique Keys Trilogy Designs will be ready to ship right after July 4th! The frames shown on the packages are available by special order from us.
- The Mandala Quartet set of 4 designs celebrates the 4 seasons. Spring celebrates the birth and awakening of all living things. Summer is to help everything grow... Fall shows the beauty of the falling leaves and the harvest season, and Winter celebrates Christmas! Each design measures 5 x 5, and is stitched on 16ct Aida. Complete kits contain the charts, flosses, beads, fabric and needles.
- The Antique Keys Trilogy also celebrates the seasons - but since it's a TRILOGY, they did ONLY THREE of the seasons (not summer! I assume there will never be a summer design for this series.) Gorgeous, elaborate keys dressed with florals... they might be pretty in your entry way! Each finishes approx 3-1/2 x 5 inches on 14ct perforated paper.
Blackberry Lane's Sugared Gumdrops Gingerbread House is here!
Sugared Gumdrops - Marie Driskill's charming companion to Peppermint Candy Cottage is HERE! Sugared Gumdrops is an intricate stitched house full of color, and even some over-one design details. Worked on Picture This Plus's 32ct hand-dyed Gingerbread linen - with 'just' 43 (!) different shades of DMC floss, the cottage finishes approx 4 by 4-3/4. Marie has added over-one details inside the windows - Santa and Mrs are in there, you can see the tree... and on the back of the house the little elf that is steering the sled is done over one as well! Absolutely enchanting!
The chart comes with some really cool sugared gumdrop beads for your ornament hanger, and there is a separate button packet available that includes the nine gumdrop embellishments featured. Just stunning - offered as a chart.
Mill Hill's 2021 Annual Charmed Santas (The 23rd Annual Set!) and Charmed Ornaments
More fun beaded and stitched ornaments for your tree this year... we've noticed that Mill Hill isn't using a lot of beads this year... we think COVID and supply are the issue! So... GET OUT your stash of old finished kits - seems nobody can toss those little leftover bags of extra beads - and rescue these with more beads!
- Christmas Day Santas - This year we get Santa all throughout Christmas Day! "Morning, Giving, and Memories" - He's having morning breakfast in his jammies - wearing his bunny slippers! Coffee and Candy Cane in hand too! He's ready for gift giving in his knitted sweater, and finally serving turkey dinner and the end of the day. (The dog looks a little more excited about THIS meal than he was about breakfast!) Presented as complete kits of 14ct perforated paper with all the necessary beads and flosses, each Santa finishes about 3-1/2 to 4 inches tall. These little guys are the 23rd year... so now there are 69 Santas from all different countries doing all sorts of sports and hobbies all through the year!
- 2021 Snow Fun Charmed Ornaments - This year's set of 6 snowmen are Wishing, Trimming, Skating, Tumbling, Cooking and Giving... all stitched in floss and beads on 14ct perforated paper. Each is garnished with a Mill Hill charm or treasure... and would probably welcome a few more beads from that old stash of yours! They finish about 3 inches in size, just cute and fun!
Christmas is Coming - According to Mill Hill! Our 2021 Annual Christmas Kits are here!
The Winter Series of the larger 5 x 5 designs offers a stuffed cookie jar - full of yummy baked treats; a bear with a exploding head (The Holidays can do that to you sometimes!); Santa totally wiped out on his couch on Christmas Night - I love the Big Dipper in the sky! Next is a winter bike scene - it's a challenge to ride a bike in the ice and snow... but it's does present a pretty picture! Christmas Break features a fun window scene, and Cafe Grande is the latest in their charming Christmas Village set of houses, businesses, and churches. We carry that entire line of Village kits... I think there are 2 dozen in the Christmas series, and a dozen each in the Spring and Fall Villages - and we have 'em all! These kits all include the chart, needles, DMC flosses, Mill Hill beads and a MH button, and they are all worked on 14ct perforated paper. Use the paper for our little sled ornaments if you want, and do these on 14 or 28ct fabric as an option.
The Smaller Winter Holiday Collection continues Mill Hill's hundreds and hundreds of 3 x 3 ornament designs. The kits come with a magnet backing so you can stick them on a filing cabinet or the fridge... but most cut these out around the edges and use them as Christmas tree Ornaments. Cute as can be, this year we have a rocking reindeer, a pretty snail-mail Christmas Card, a swirly tree, a puppy mailing his letter to Santa, a puppy paw - you might want to attach your doggie's pic to the back of this one... make it a momento, and a perky little fox. Each of these comes with the chart, paper, beads, a glass Treasure embellishment, the magnet backer, and DMC floss. Lots of fun to keep you stitching!
Presenting Red White & Bloom from With Thy Needle & thread
Brenda Gervais has released info about her next set of *seasonal smalls* - they companion Love Notes and Jelly Bean jubilee. Red White and Bloom includes a Lady Liberty, Uncle Sam, busy little bumbler bees, cheery sunflowers and even a family of eagles. All the designs are small, but Brenda promises that they'll make a big statement when you display them together in a tray or basket. (She says it is delightfully fun to find little trinkets and decorations to include with the cushions because it really makes your stitching POP!)
All garden-y in theme, Lady Liberty has sunflowers as tall as she is, Sam is fashioned to look like a garden Whirli-gig, and his hat is even a planter. A bunting-draped watering can is home to a another sunflower, and the Mom and Dad eagles are perched and waiting for a festive party! Lots of the same colors of flosses are called for in both patterns, so no need to buy more thread. (Onyx, Pea Coat, Red Rocks, Grits, Oscar, Pamlico, Blue Suede, Grecian Gold, 611, 712, 3771 and 3778.
Happy Birthday America! from With Thy Needle & thread
Brenda Gervais is previewing another little chart design - a miniature stitched birthday cake to America - featuring a very festive eagle! (But... you could finish this as a small pin cushion as well.) Measuring just 3-1/2 inches round on 36ct linen, it is stitched with bits of DMC floss and hand-dyeds of Grits, Palomino, Loden, Pea Coat, Red Rocks, Blue Suede and Grecian Gold.
Brenda is supplying her alphabet-printed linen you see on the drum sides in the chart. The featured trim is by Lady Dot - Vintage Mini Pom, which is available separately. The chart gives sources for the 2 x 4 cardboard 'cake box' form, and the candle-stick wooden 'cake plate' base. Brenda says her finishing instructions will give you a 'prefectly-shaped cake with no wonky bumps or lumps... super easy, and no sewing machine required!'
Bakers Gonna Bake...
from New York Dreamer
In the Summer too! Another cute rolling pin design by New York Dreamer, I guess bakers live everywhere... even the waterfront!
Presented as a chart, 75 x 160... 32ct, it calls for either DMC or hand-dyed flosses. Cute!
Sea Box from Rovaris
Oh Look - Livia's Limited Edition Sea Tray!
New supply has arrived!
*Sea* is stitched in the middle of this charming 5 x 7-ish stitched medley of underwater critters and foliage. Seahorses, a crab, and a big octopus... it's a busy little underwater scene.
Along with the chart, you get this cool 7 x 7 x 2-ish inch wooden tray. It features that display area for your stitched cushion, and three holes to hold your needlework implements.
Livia is including the striped finishing fabric you see, and a bunch of cute seaside charms that are dangling there off the cushion. The two included wood tools supplied are one seam ripper and one frogger.
by Heart's Ease Examplar Workes
This has been one of Theresa Baird's exclusive class pieces that is now available in chart format. Just a gorgeous piece, Theresa's inspiration came from a Betty Ring sampler that sold at a Sotheby's auction for over a million dollars in 2012.
She was enchanted by the mansion with the cedar trees, the barnyard with the animals, the young lady sitting straight and proud atop a horse, the farmhouse on the hill, and the flanking baskets of fruits and flowers.
It measures 257 x 355, and is worked in silks. The chart is 38 pages... it is full of stitch diagram detail, and actual close-up pics of some areas. Not for the faint of stitcher - not the quickest stitch either! Just an EXQUISITE needlework design to tantalize the brave!
Yes, there's even MORE!
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 - 6 CST, Monday - Friday
10 - 5 CST, Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2021 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.