Don't miss more new-ish designs on pages TWO,
THREE and FOUR!
6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Market is over and the gals have returned to Tulsa. |
Click here to see our ever-growing page of new arrivals.
I may not have full details yet to describe it all, but will do the best I can. We'll be brought everything home Monday March 6th, and started charging your cards and mailing treats beginning Tuesday the 7th!
IN-STORE: Make sure come by to peruse our Browsing Buckets! Absolutely one of everything new gathered together... we sit you down in a comfy chair (can even supply chocolate)... and you can leisurely browse through it ALL, choosing your favorite things!
Crowns & Shields, a Collection of Cartouches
from Blackbird Designs
From Alma: "All of these projects were influenced by one of my favorite antique samplers. I purchased it about 8 years ago. It is 43" by 9 1/2," and quite the drama queen! These patterns are an adaptation of the antique piece.
"The drum pincushion, Kindred Spirits, pictured on the top left was a class piece from 2017. The bottom pillowcase and the top right sampler are made from the same design. The use of color makes them both look so different!" 8 projects in total.
Running Rabbits from Bohin
Here's a classic scissor style available in 3 different finishes by Bohin of France.
4-Inch scssors, they are sturdy, cut well, and will look right at home in any of your Spring-y or garden-y needle cases, or on cute fobs.
Quite a novelty shape... and what a fun surprise in an Easter Basket!
Colorful Novelty Scissors
Joining our collection of fun scissors are these three new designs! Enameled designs on 4-inch embroidery scissors, while the scissors aren't DOVO or WASA quality, they are cute, sturdy, very functional, cut fine, and look dynamite attached to stitched fobs.
Fun designs, perfect to stuff into stitched needle cases or to display on stitch mats or in scissor blocks. Sometimes you just don't want your $70 scissors 'too available,' so these are wonderful stand-ins!
Totally handy little silicone disks... these are just like miniature jar openers... for your fingers and a stubborn needle. Nothing fancy - just functional!
Package of three, disks are shown in the pic next to a quarter so you can gauge their size - 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
4 Tiny Pin Sets from PuntiniPuntini
2023 Squirrel Pin Trio
2023 Ladybug Pin Trio
2023 Spring Pin Trio
2023 Seashore Pin Trio
Paola hand-makes all her own clay buttons and pins. Such pretty shading is created by layers and layers of slightly different colored polymer clay that she stacks together and shapes to create her clay 'canes.' Each little 'thing' is a cross-slice of that cane... delightful to watch the process.
Anyway, her things are charming, and while they do not have specific designs to go with them, they are delightful and can poke into anything just on their own! Sets of 3 pins, we have baby squirrels, ladybugs, a spring medley and seashells with a sailboat. I bet you can think of numerous different cushion designs for these.
Gingerly Spiced Teapot from Blackberry Lane Designs
Marie D has a cute new pair of designs - both are offered in the same chart pack! Mrs Gingerly is worked on Gingerbread hand-dyed linen with 18 different shades of DMC floss. She measures about 6 x 7 on 32ct and is worked over two threads.
Her companion tea party ornament is a little smaller - about 4-1/2 inches in size. The charts are big and clear.
There are finishing materials of green ribbon, white ball trim, and darling sugar-y gum drop beads you see on the ornament hanger, along with finishing instructions included in the chart.
Mrs Gingerly is dressed in a rich red dress and surrounded by her border of greenery. The clay JABCO buttons shown in the 4 corners of her design are offered separately, and optional to the design. Very festive... we have a little time to get this done before next Christmas!
Spirit of Christmas and Noel Ornaments - Two new sets
from Lila's Studio
- Spirit of Christmas Sets One and Two - This is a nicely done set of 8 coordinating ornament designs - all presented in two separate charts - parts one and two. A Scandanavian flavor to them, each measures only 3-1/8 on 36ct, and all are stitched with the same color set of DMC and Sampler Threads. Who knew that plain twine would look so good for the finishing?
- Noel en Rouge and Blue - Christmas in Red or Blue - Eight little Christmas sweaters that aren't ugly! Finishing just 3-1/8 on 36ct... you could put these on the new 18ct perforated paper and make your finishing even easier than these finished ornaments. You COULD change up the colors to MAKE these ugly - especially if you have someone in mind who matches one of these sweaters - and owns and WEARS it at Christmastime! They are just cute as can be. Presented in small chart format - just like tiny bunnies and chicks driving around in their fruit and vegetable vehicles!
Prairie Necessaire Sewing Case and Scissor Fob from Fern Ridge Collections
This is a cute Little-House-on-the-Prairie inspired set of smalls... the case is lace trimmed and features buttons, old fashioned safety pins, a spinning wheel chart and a tiny wooden covered wagon button. The complete kit contains all the linens, fabrics, threads embellishments - everything to make this 4 x 6 case.
The Beaded fob is totally fun by itself - in case you want no case! Blue sky and the wheat growing in the Plains. you can see the wheat charm tucked in between the fronds of the grassy green fringe. Soft bead colors - everything matches between the case and fob. Case will take about 12 hours to complete - the fob - about 3-1/2!
American Pie, Peaceful Pondering and Feeling Crabby?
from Meridian Designs
Meridian Designs has three cute new things...
- American Pie is a cheerful 3 x 5 pin cushion design stitched on really any 14-16 or 28-32 fabric background you like. Along with the chart, she has included BOTH cuts of the red and blue finishing fabric you see in the pic as well as the white baby balls and blue rik rak trim! Really a cute finish, the pillow back is the red fabric - so your will look just like the cover pic. Coded for DMC - choose from your stash on that.
- Peaceful Pondering and Feeling Crabby? I guess two very different moods! Serene dragonflies, or edgy, prickly crabs! These are each offered in their separate charts and I liked them both. Coded for DMC, they are stitched on fun colors of fabrics and garnished with a few Mill Hill beads. (Some opalescent Treasure Braid would be awesome in those dragonflies!) Just 60 x 60 each, colorful and happy.
Liberty Lobstah and Hedge Hugs
from The Elegant Thread
We hit Summertime and Valentines with these two offerings by The Elegant Thread!
- Liberty Lobstah is just a fun little creepy crustacian! Stitched on a creme background, with 5 shades of Weeks Dye Works hand-dyed flosses, it'll finish 5 x 7 - with the words, or 3 x 5 without. Just a silly and cute little thing, the chart includes three silvertoned patriotic charms. Elegant Thread's Lobstah Dinner Ornament kit is still available as well - cute just like this one!
- Hedge Hugs - Isn't this cute? Your baby hedgehog is bringing your love! Coded for Sulky thread - just follow the color pic on the chart cover to choose DMC, this finishes just 4 x 5 on 16/32ct. I'd choose a pretty brown Simply Wool for the hedgehog fur and a little black metallic for his eyes and nose!
Thread Logo Milk Caps and Halloween Caps from Thread Milk
We have two new sets of Thread Milk's vintage milk cap thread cards. Just something fun to put with your stitching, you are supposed to tie your current prject's threads to these little guys to keep yourself organized. Inspired by the cardboard caps on the milk bottles when we were little... the Thread Logo set of 10 has artwork that appeared on wooden thread spools.
The Halloween set features logos of four dairies and 6 caps with vintage Halloween artwork on them. Actually kind of an 'extra fussy' thing... these ARE cute, and really fun to have!
Four Fun Smalls from The Purple Thread
Ms Sharon was busy this season creating 4 darling new small projects... she always presents them in kit format with the coolest little embellishments and materials!
- Make a Wish - This is a tiny Birthday Cake scissor fob! Stitched on 32ct white with DMC, it's garnished with a tiny silver flower charm. Sharon says she stitches these for all her Stitching Friends on their birthdays. Her complete kit contains the chart, needle, charm threads, pink mini-rik-rak and the most delicious fray striped raw silk backing fabric. All you add is stuffing and love! Little Fob finishes 2 x 2.
- Mend and Make Do - Stitched with only 2 colors, you embellish with cut bits of included wool, pins, a snap, and a couple of buttons. Super cute as a pin cushion, this finishes approx 3 x 4. The complete kit includes the chart, 28 creme Cashel Linen, threads, needle, buttons, hook and eye, snap, beads, the wool... even darling button fabric for the backing and tea-dyed vintage baby rik rak for the edge.
- Heart to Heart - This one is a ready-made 4-1/2 x 5 zipper pouch that you are embellishing with your needlework. Sharon planned the color of the linen to match the color of the pouch - your threads are butterscotch, teal and fuscia... and the bit of stitching is trimmed and attached to the outside of the pouch with the included lace and shell buttons.
- Willow's Bag - Another handy little fabric zipper pouch, this one measures 5 x 9, and is garnished with your stitching. Rose and mossy green, this border design will feature your name in the center (don't stitch Willow's in there!) and then trimmed with green cording and vintage rik rak. This would make a really really nice gift for a stitcher, because you can make it, and it's FINISHED for both you and your receiver! Complete contains all you need - chart, linen, nedle, threads, embellishments - everything!
LIMITED AVAILABILITY! Olde Colonial's Medium Dowry Boxes for Jeannette Douglas's Stitches Series
Once again, we were able to bring home a very limited number of Bob's Boxes - from Olde Colonial. You will rcognize these as the boxes used on Jeannette Douglas's Quaker, Acorn, Seaside, Pineapple, Pumpkin. vintage, Silver Needle, Pomegranate and Pears, Strawberry and Bee Stitches designs!
Top opening for the needle work is 6 x 8, total box is 9 x 11 x 2-3/4. $140. Call for availability. We can take orders for the My Stitching Treasures larger box - $200. Again, call for Availability.
Mr and Mrs Sherpa Sheep Accessory Holders
You'll remember our Mr Sherpa Sheep scissor/tool holder we have had for a couple of seasons... but here is Mrs! Of course, she is standing up on her feet, apron on, ready to work hard for you! Her apron has tiny pockets for threaders or counting pins, her crocheted basket is large enough for a thimble or tube of needles, and the strap around her apron is really 18 inches long to teather your scissors!
Those little bables are attached to HER so you can't lose them in a classroom situation of somewhere busy like a cruise ship! (Who knows all the fun places people stitch!) Anyway, a fun pin cushion, and super cool if you are a sheep lover! (Needles or scissors not included.)
Tulips in Bloom|
from Olde Colonial Designs
This is a sweet scissor fob and thread board set by Olde Colonial. It is presented as a complete kit of fabric, threads, finishing board, cording and that darling 3 x 3 wooden bunny board - featuring 8 holes for threads.
Measuring just 2 x 2, stitched on 32ct Country Vintage Mocha linen with bits of DMC and Weeks hand-dyed flosses, you wrap your work around the octagonal board, back it with the included felt, attaching the cord, and you're finished! It is really cute, and everything is in this little 3 x 3 - window box that you need! Something cute, small and fast - with lots of impact when it's done!
What's Cracking, Easter Bunny and Egg Hunt from Shannon Christine and Erin Elizabeth Designs
Shannon Christine and Erin Elizabeth Designs have three colorful new designs to celebrate Spring and Easter! Presented in three separate charts... each is coded for good 'ol regular DMC - and don't they look great?
Choose some pretty pastel fabrics to work these on. (I'm always a fan of adding a little metallic sparkle or beads to patterns like these - Rainbow Gallery has Petite Treasure Braid - metallic - thin as floss, it comes in 90+ colors. RG's Wisper is another furry option - very thin, perfect for 14 aida or 32ct linen stitching.)
What's Cracking measures 75 x 87 - so a mere 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 on 32ct.
Easter Bunny measures 126 x 91 - so 8 x 5-1/2-ish on 32ct.
Egg Hunt measures 63 x 63 - just 4 x 4 on 32ct.
The Hotel - #5 of The Big City Christmas Series from Country Cottage Needleworks
Nikki has released details about her upcoming new Christmas series - bigger houses in the city! This is the teaser composite pic... but we have pics of the first - The Department Store, and the second - The theatre. A set of 7 designs that will release consecutively for 7 months beginning in November of '22, this will finish in May of 2023. Each portion measures 59 x 72... stitch them individually for little block stand-ups... or 413 x 72 (26 x 4-1/2) stitched in one long row.
Nikki suggests 32ct Lambswool linen and she uses Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses throughout. (DMC conversions included as well.) For the entire set you will need: One skinny 1/4 yd of 32ct Linen (enough for individual pieces or extra ornaments), Snowball (3), Little Sprout (2), Onion Skin (2), Licorice red (2), Hickory Sticks (2), Baking Tin (2), Eggshell (2), Wagon Wheel (1), Cocoa Bean (1), Thundercloud (1) and Cherry Tomato (1). One each of DMC 743, 754, and 3064. Cute as can be, this'll look great on a mantle or a wide window sill! Our Auto ships will start with first chart, and any fabrics or threads you need. Each subsequent shipment will be the charts.
Matilda Mouse, Scarecrow Matilda, Matilda Sews, Miss Jenny and Jeremiah from Finally a Farmgirl
Here are 5 cute little personalities all by new designer - Finally a Farmgirl. Presented as charts, they are all small, and stitched with a combo of DMC along with Weeks and Classic Colorworks hand-dyeds. The charts are in color... but a bit hard to see, so maybe blow them up a little.
- Matilda Mouse is the teeniest at 3-1/2 inches on 32ct Summer Khaki. Love that tape measure twill tape on the finishing (we have it - by lady Dot Creates - black, yellow or creme.)
- Scarecrow Matilda is 4 x 5... cute for Fall.
- Matilda Sews companions the first one... look at her baby peeking from behind the tomato cushion!
- Miss Jenny is a toad - she's kind of hard to see in the pic because of the curve of the cushion. We think she is holding a sampler in one hand, and books in the other... Matilda is there on a neighboring mushroom!
- Jeremiah is smitten with Jenny - his chart is the one that is hard to read... but he's cute, and worth the effort! Jeremiah finishes about 6 x 5.
New for Winter, Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day from Primrose Cottage Stitches
- St Patrick's Day - Something fun to stitch for next St Pat's Day! Primrose Cottage's medley of words design for the holiday companions their Valentine's day design. Presented in a leaflet, this measures 91 stitches square - so about 6-1/2 on 14ct. One of the things Lindsey likes about her Subway Art charts is that you can split them apart and make smalls out of them. She has multiple examples in here. Anyway, colorful, easy and fun. Always cool to add metallics and beads... see what golds and greens await in your stash!
- Hey Sweetheart! - What a fun Valentine greeting to stitch in a jiff! Split up all the words and do small cushions or little blocks... or make a pillow or block stand-up - lots of possibilities. This is coded for regular DMC, but what an opportunity to get out your hand-dyed pinks and various metallics and beads! As charted in the leaflet, the main piece measures 100 x 101 - so about 6 inches on 16/32ct.
- Snowplace Like Home - Even though I want Valentine's Day... that doesn't mean half the country isn't still covered in snow! This 4 x 6 (on 32ct) piece is done with regular DMC floss on Vintage County Mocha - which comes in counts from 14 to 40! Add some opalescent to all that snow, and maybe a carrot nose button or two! Charted for DMC.
Incoming Patterns from Primrose Cottage Stitches
- I'd Rather Bee Stitching - Just a cute pin cushion design for all of us. Measures 124 x 42 - 9 x 3 on 28ct white - just a cute design ready for fun finishing fabrics. Coded for DMC.
- Fresh Lemonade - This is a bitty thing, but if you finish it like this... it is tall enough to stand out in your display bowl. Just bits of DMC.
- Snowman 2023 - This little guy is super cute! Tall hat and that billowing scarf, he's worked on any taupe fabric - so the white shows up. Coded for DMC, he's only 57 x 61 - so about 4 x 4 on 28ct.
- Perfect Hot Cocoa - Not too big to try stitching on black fabric! Just 3 x 3 on 14ct... this is done with overdyed flosses and a little DMC. Super cute, imagine looking in your cocoa cup and seeing little legs like this!
- Welcome to the North Pole - This is colorful, busy and fun! Stitch it tall, or stitch it wide... it has everything in here you need for Christmas! (You could even take 2 rows, stitch them together for a 12-inch strip and make little drums out of them.) Measuring 100 x 257, it'll finish approx 6 x 16 on 32ct. Coded for hand-dyeds or DMC, some metallics, beads and buttons would be fun additions on here.
A pair of 'Crafty Puzzles!'
Something fun to pass the time - in case you're finished with your projects (!)... two fun puzzles are here! Both 1000 pieces, finishishing about 20 x 30.
- Thank-You America Quilt Puzzle is full of patriotic quilt bits and pieces. (That Thank-You America Quilt banner across the center is NOT in the puzzle - you will have an uninterrupted quilt image when finished.)
- The Thimble Blossoms Puzzle design is full of colorful fabric bits, threads and quilting tools. Both are charming... and so fun, I just had to order them!
Some Cute Designs by Thistles
All are offered as charts and travel here from The Netherlands!
- Counting on the Farm - is darling! One farmhouse, 2 horses, 3 tractors, 4 pigs... cows, sheep, goats and chickens round out the yard... all surrounded by a border of drying corn cobs! Can't tell the finished size yet, but Lizbeth does use hand-dyed flosses, so i imagine this is full of great colors. Simply Wools by The Gentle Art would be fun to add to some of the animals!
- Make it Bloom - A cheerful little log cabin with a blooming yard of colorful flowers! Love it all - charted for DMC.
- Autumn and Halloween Pumpkins - A unique-ly shaped pin cushion finishing treatment...might be fun to tuck these into a bowl of traditionally-shaped cushions and see if they are discovered! Worked with gentle Art Sampler Threads.
- Christmas Friends - A row of holiday personality... can't tell much about size on this one, but it is worked with Sampler Threads.
My Stitching Project Bag - This is a fun design - a nine-patch of sewing and stitching motifs. Each area is only 3 x 3 - so each would make a cute pin cushion to nestle together in a basket or box. They are stitched with DMC or Gentle Art Sampler Threads.
Lizbeth finished this with a backside of clear vinyl to make a stitching pouch (shown as the right-hand model). She has finishing instructions in here, but maybe my pictures of the model will help you with visuals. Pretty cute!
New Hand-dyeds from Weeks Dye Works, The Gentle Art and Classic Colorworks - The Spring 2023 Sets
Each of the three companies have added a few new colors to their collections - all have been added to our clicky-boxes on their respective pages, but if you want to grab them easily... here they are, all bundled together by company.
- Weeks Dye Works Cotton Floss: Apple Pucker, Chia, Mountain Mist, Sun Dried and Winnie B Blue
- Gentle Art's Sampler Threads Cotton Floss: Ohio Sky and Habanero
- Gentle Art's Simply Wool: Adobe and Spring Grass
- Classic Colorworks Cotton Floss: Cottage Daisies, Storm Lake Sunrise, Fields of Green and Priscilla's Peppermint
Millie Melon Eater and Peter Pumpkin Eater
from Ingleside Imaginarium
Oh my gosh, these are the CUTEST little opossoms enjoying fruits of the season! Little baby Millie has been munching on her sweet summer melon... and I bet she's nice and cool sitting right in it! Peter looks as pleased as pie... he's so lucky that he ran into an unattended pumpkin on someone's front porch! (We had something eat all our pumpkins we left outside last Fall ... I bet we made our yard critters as happy as these!)
Anyway, presented as charts, each finishes about 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 on 32ct linen, and uses both DMC and a smattering of hand-dyed flosses. I think these are charming and so unique, just love 'em!
Bee Happy, Happy Bunny Day and Spring from Val's Stuff
Three cute Spring-y Things to makle you smile from Val's Stuff!
- Bee Happy is a tiny wearable pin or magnet design. Stitched on 18ct perforated paper, it measures only 1-1/2 inches square in size. You get the chart, 18ct white paper, the pink and black felts, a pink heart button and a pin back. You need BITS of your DMC floss, just a sweet little piece.
- Happy Bunny Day - Another small kit, again on the new 18ct white perforated paper, this one includes the chart, paper, yellow and pink felts, a pink JABCO clay button, and a bit of white pearl cotton for a hanger. You add bits of DMC from your stash, this finishes approx 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 in size.
- Spring - This one comes just as a chart. It is stitched on Weeks 32ct Banana Popsicle hand-dyed linen - or another bright yellow fabric. (Val suggests backstitching the bunny with Peoria Purple floss if you cannot find a bright enough yellow background.) Weeks flosses along with DMC are used, this finishes approx 3 x 5 on 16/32ct.
New Offerings by Heartstring Samplery
- Sunday Stitches - This is a book filled with 15 different and favorite church hymns. You might remember that Beth released 12 of these over a year period a few years back - with limited availability. Individual charts have been retired, but now that whole set PLUS three more are together in this really nice book. She has history about each hymn, the chart, finished pictures and even a few vintage church pics in here! Beautifully presented, each is stitched on different fabrics, and all are different shapes and sizes.
- Sting Like a Bee - This the Beth's half of a collaboration with Plum Street Samplers. Inspired by a quote from Muhammad Ali - 'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee' - we have two halves that work individually, but go together. Finishing about 4 x 5 as a pin cushion... stitched with DMC flosses on Country Vintage Mocha linen.
- French Flea Market Biscornu - Actually quite large in size, this features gently denim-blue flowers on one side, with stripes on the reverse - which remind me of French Tea towels. Weeks flosses, there is a DMC conversion, but this measures 114, so on 36ct this finishes a generous 6 inches! Beth has a little history in here about the origin of Flea Markets - kind of fun to read. Does this design remind you of our recent 'A Little Help From our Friends Stitching Circle?' Our Bee Biscornu companions this!
- Home Sweet Home - This piece can be stitched a couple of different ways... one with trees and a house, one without those but a picture inside instead. Using Weeks flosses, this finishes about 6 x 9 on 36ct... but if you are going to use a photo in the center - you might have to adjust your fabric count to make sure it fits. A really cool way to showcase a special family photo, it could be a 'family established' piece.
Tomato Cushion, Trims and Finishing Packets
Lady Dot had some fun little treats in her room at market this year!
- Garden Fresh is a DARLING little tomato pin cushion perched on top of a wooden spool. Super cute, (and probably super easy to make... I don't think I'd want to mess with gathering all the pieces though) - just buy this charming little thing! She's wrapped her spool with coordinating fabrics in red, white and black, wound them with a matching cord, topped with felt greenery, and topped with a juicy tomato - really a big red felt ball. Then, in case you have no pins that look good, she's even made you a trio of decorated pins to dress your tomato! Zip Zap - Cute. Actually, I am at home writing words, and this one is now perched in a fun place of honor on my desk - it's not going back to the Silver Needle!
- Rockets Red Glare - This season's finishing packet with pin-cushioned-sized lengths of ribbons and trims for small projects. Lois has a few charms in here as well. The ideal is to provide bits of trims and those charms so you can finish two or three things. You do not have to go shopping for decorations, and way-over-spend buying yards and yards of trims and stuff that you'll never use again. It's a great idea, and looks very festive!
- Neutrals and Prim - This season's finishing packets - these include velveteens and trims - enough for three small cushions - so you can finish yours into a matching set. Again, the idea is to save time and chasing to find 'good ingredients' for your finishing. Lois does a great job of getting you cute bits and pieces that you'd never find if you tried! Everything goes together for lovely mix and matching.
Let's Go Sledding, Bloomin' Bunnies Trio and Channing Street Sampler
from Annie Beez Folk Art
- Let's Go Sledding - Isn't this a cute set of ornaments? All red, white, and black, they are stitched on 14ct brown perforated paper and attached to the tiny wooden sleds we sell so many of! Stitch count for each is a mere 17 x 31 - so you know they work up in a jiff. We have a baker's Dozen on those sleds, and all 12 designs are included in this pack.
- Bloomin' Bunnies Trio - All three charts are included in this pack.. and actually I think that BLOOM would be cute stitched and mounted to the backs of lots of pin cushions! Bunny is cute, she'd look good stitched with a little Gentle Art Simply Wool!
- Channing Street Sampler - An original piece, this is dedicated to Annie's late husband who she lost in 2021. The story inside the chart makes you cry... they lived on Channing Street for 30 years, raised their family there - complete with all those dogs, cats and chickens running around in the yard. Coded for DMC it finishes approx 9 x 11 on 36ct. It's a lovely piece.
Day of the Dead & Hungarian Folk Art #4 from Glendon Place
Cheryl Granda has some fun new designs that are bright and colorful...
- Dia De Los Muertos celebrates the Mexican holiday which is a celebration of life and respect for deceased family members. (I didn't really get it till I saw Coco - the Disney movie!) Something fun, if it's special to you, this measures a whopping 12 x 18, so get a fat quarter of the chalkboard gray color it is worked on. Coded for silks or DMC, there are lots of Mill Hill beads on here as well.
- Hungarian Folk Art #4 - a lovely basket of colorful eggs amidst such a flurry of greenery and the wavy basket. Just pretty, festive and very eye-catching! Coded for DMC, Cheryl has chosen an opalescent white background, and has embellished the stitching with Mill Hill beads. This measures approx 12 x 12 on 14/28ct.
- Phantom Plantation - Glendon Place has a spooky Halloween piece of a place I never want to visit! Phantom Plantation measures about 12 x 19 on 28ct... would be a little smaller on smaller count fabric. Worked with 63 different shades of DMC floss, there is actually no metallic in here - but I bet you could find fun places to add it! Everything is creepy in here... the moss on the trees, the monsters crawling out of the pond, the horse, the snake in the tree, and the eyes hidden inside the hollow tree... it's really kind of a fun piece! I don't think this is new - copyright date says 2019 - but she had it on display at Market, and we had to have some copies! So... if you're in an 'edgy mood', get this - it'll make you HAPPY!
Two Reprinted Past Favorites from Blackbird Designs
- United We Stand is a lovely 20-page booklet featuring three designs with a patriotic theme. The main 'mattress' with the eagle in the center is done on 36ct Wren by Picture This Plus and measures a generous 6 inches square by about an inch high. Stunning in design, there is a verse all around the sides, and it is coded for Weeks and-dyed flosses. Lots of assembly photos are included to help make your finishing task easy! The scissor case folds together and ties closed to contain your scissors. A few specialty stitches on here, also Weeks flosses, also 36ct Wren, this measures about 6 inches before it's folded closed. Last is the Needle book, featured on the back cover. A gorgeous billowing flag steals the show on this one! Fantastic inside pics of the case... there is a sampler inside, some needle pages, and a floral urn motif on the back. Charming!
- Birds of a Feather - We remember this design as being one of Barb and Alma's first. Super primitive flower basket with birds, it is shown on 32ct with silks or DMC floss.
from Ink Circles
Just a fun thing from Ink Circle's Tracy. Stitched on 30ct Dove hand-dyed linen by Weeks Dye Works using good 'ol DMC it's just a happy thing!
You have drinks from all over the world on here... all the fix'ins... it's just fun to identify everything and imagine yourself enjoying some of them! Finishes an impressive 10 x 10... might be perfect for a vacation home!
This Year's Market Cookbook is GREAT!
63 Pages of yummy recipes by designers, manufacturers and shop owners in the industry - everyone always submits their family favorites for this fun little annual cookbook. Besides all the desert recipes, we have appetizers, beverages, soups and salads, Crock and Insta Pot recipes, Veges, and mains. Some have submitted old family photos, even the original recipe cards!
Free charts throughout... I tried to count, but get distracted by all the other pics in here. Blackbird's design is pictured here, a darling tomato pin cushion chart by Violets and Verses, Shepherd's Bush shared their butterscotch bars they make every Saturday - to put out on a plate inside their shop front door, and Val's Stuff''s little bunny is darling! For $12 it's a steal. (And I think, a moment in time. I have three other 'back-issues' from years past. (Yarn Tree always sells out of these.) and there are recipes in them from people who we no longer see. So... that moment in time
The Flower Market... Our March 2023 Secret Needle Night Kit
Stitch a flower booth to brighten up your widonw sill! This month's Secret Needle Night design finishes a petite 4 x 4, but it's packed full of bright, lush little blooming flowers! Stitching is done with #5 Pearl Cottons and a little Very Velvet, the rest are glorious tiny clay flowers.
Complete kit contains the linen, threads, flowers, chart and needle. Mona has made a finishing kit for this - trim, mounting boards, instructions... it is offered separately in case you want one.
Snowy Night, the 2023 Annual Santa
from The Prairie Schooler
The 2023 Annual Santa card has arrived... if I count correctly, that is year 39!
Quite a few are still available, so be sure to click through to see what others are available so you can complete your collection!
New Miniature Knotwork by Teresa Layman
We are enchanted by these teeny-tiny French Knot pieces by Teresa Layman. One strand of DMC, making single wrap knots (filling in the design just like paint-by-number), you will be creating miniature rugs or little pieces to frame.
Patterns come printed on high quality fabric, with color quide included, as well as two small needles. You will need bits of floss from your stash, a good hoop and a sharp pair of small scissors. You are simply filling in the areas with hundreds of bitty knots!
Glorious New Birds Flying In from Laurel Burch for Mill Hill
New cross stitched adaptations of Laurel Burch artwork - done by Mill Hill - we have 4 new kits this Spring. All are worked on 28ct linen - looks like it's Light Blue or Star Sapphire in color. Each bird measures approx 5 x 5, and is worked in DMC with a smattering of Mill Hill glass beads for glitz and garnish. Bright colors, sophisticated and cheerful, they'll brighten any space you choose for them! The frames they are pictured in are available separately.
New Designs Have Arrived from With Thy Needle's Brenda Gervais
- Every Opening Flower is an original sampler inspired by a very damaged and well-loved piece of needlework in Brenda's collection. Gorgeous soft colors of aqua-denim, cranberry and roses, gold and mossy greens, it finishes approx 11 x 12 on 36ct hand-dyed linen. Grits, Cornsilk, Oscar, Olive, Bee's Knees, Oilcloth, Mulberry, Mountain Mist, Brethern Blue, Woodrose, Hickory Sticks, Used Brick and Ye Old Gold round out the hand-dyed floss colors - crossing all three companies! One of Brenda's visions is for you to take the smaller motifs out of this for pin keeps and needle cases. Very soft and pretty.
- PA Dutch Tomato Pinkeep - A fun little design measuring just 9-1/2 x 3 on 36ct... you can finish it into the round drum shape - or just flat. It uses DMC floss #22 - one of the newest colors, which looks like a burnt-strawberry color. (#21 is the lighter companion color - might be fun to mix them in this!) Inspired by antique German show towels, it's a study in simplicity. Brenda includes instructions for the cute pedestal drum finishing.
- The Robins are Here - Brenda is bringing you her 'First Messengers of Spring!' Plump little things! Stitched on 40ct Country Vintage Mocha - they are only 2 x 4! You'll need DMC of 22, 502, 3771, 3826, 3828, and hand-dyeds of Grits, Dove, Palomino, Flatfish, Oscar. Olive and Hickory Sticks. (But remember, not much because these are so little and cute!)
- Spring Awakens - Little Violets dancing around the border, our two dapper bunnies are enjoying their Springtime stroll. Finishing a mere 3 x 4-5/8 on 40ct Vintage Country Mocha, grab those DMCs along with more hand-dyeds including Caper, Pumpkin Patch and Highland Heather.
- My Home Sweet Home - This is the third seasonal design companioning Be Ye Thankful and Joy & Good Cheer. It's summery and colorful - but we think you should leave it out all year long! Finishing about 5 x 3-5/8, on 36ct hand-dyed linen, it uses a mixture of DMC and hand-dyeds again - just like all of the other new releases this time around.
- Mary Ann Copp 1839 - Oh this is so pretty - a reproduction by Brenda. She writes: 'A beautiful sampler with a stately brick house complete with brick/iron fence upon a brick wall. The basket above the house is simply gorgeous.' The history about the sampler tells that Mary is described as living in a brickyard in Jersey Channel Islands. The Copp family was a well known name in the brick business - so she's included a history write-up in the leaflet! I like that big floral border on this... just gentle and meandering! Measures 252 x 288 - so 14 x 16 on 36ct. Yummy colors in this - you'll need 3 skeins of Oscar hand-dyed floss!
Chessie & Me's Newest Things are Coming!
She has sent virtually no design information on any of these... but enjoy the Sneak Peek Pics anyway... till we have more info! All are presented as charts.
- Across The Sea Sampler - WOW, this is big and glorious from Linda! I see several smaller pieces in here that could be done individually, but love, love it all together! Worked on Fibre on a Whim's Wheat hand-dyed linen with Weeks flosses of Bark, Blackboard, Cappuccino, Collards, Deep Sea, Dolphin, Galvanized, Grasshopper, Havana, Linen, Mascara, Pelican Gray, Red Rocks, Rum Raisin, Sanguine, Schneckley, and White Lightening.
- Acorns and Crows Stitch House - We think this is a needle case that might fit inside the little paper box! The box is a house shape, but you could a flat one as well... fabric shown is Seraphim's Old Stationery with Weeks flosses of Carolina Cecil, Cinnabar, Lily Pad, Onyx, Schneckely and Swamp water. Definitely Autumnal colors!
- Flag Day Pincushon - What a cute little cushion! Classic Chessie design style... we get the charming little house, always Chessie the Cat, that billowing flag and fun trees of some sort! Stitched on any vintage-y fabric you like with Weeks flosses of Blackboard, Brick, Collards, Deep Sea, Dolphin, Linen, Oscar and Pea Coat. It'll finish a petite 3 x 3!
Shepherd's Bush has announced their newest offerings for Spring 2023!
- Where We Dwell - Presented as a kit, this 4-inch cushion is stitched on 32ct Patriot's Gray hand-dyed linen with Weeks flosses of deep cranberry and denim. The kit comes with Navy Lady Dot chenille trim and totally luscious red and denim finishing fabric for your cushion back. There are tiny buttons in here as well... isn't that little striped sheep cute? So, kit includes the chart, linen, trim, backing fabric, flosses, needle and buttons.
- Sweet Land Sampler - All stitched in cranberry, denims and white-grays of Weeks hand-dyed flosses. his finishes approx 6 x 8 on 32ct French Mocha linen... includes special stitches and a trio of tiny button embellishments. Kit contains the chart, linen, threads, buttons and needle.
- Spring Bag - Another fun mesh bag pattern. Your stitching showcased on the front - this one says 'Spring' and obviously companions 'Winter!' Sheep and flowers - I see a stitcher nestled in the letter G! Mesh pouches available separately, in at least 6 different colors, and buttons available separately as well. These are all super cute - the pouches are really nice sized, and it makes your container fun! Presented as the chart.
- Liberty Bag - Another fun little 5 x 7 zippered fabric pouch that can store your stitching tools, this one is decorated with Land of Liberty and a little village scene. Kit includes the pre-sewn bag, buttons, bits of threads and the chart.
- Red White and Blue - This season's 10ct design - presented in a little kit - it finishes about 4 x 5 on the 10ct Sand Tula. The kit includes the fabric, threads and button. These make great beginning kits for new stitchers - cute, easy to see and fast.
- Flowers for Ewe - This year's annual Ewe - we have him for Christmas, Halloween and Patriotic - here he's in a garden of flowers. The handmade button included in the kit is a clay coneflower. Stitched on 20ct linen with hand-dyed flosses and perle cottons, it finishes about 3 x 4. The complete kit also contains the hand-dyed green chenille trim - which is almost impossible to see in the pic - but it's there!
- Kind Heart - A tiny 2 x 2-ish design, this is stitched on 32ct Mountain Heater hand-dyed linen, with Weeks hand-dyed flosses. The stitch count is only 34 x 35... so small and quick to stitch, this would make a nice scissor fob! Complete kit - fabric, threads, buttons chart and needle!
Presenting the New from Summer House Stitch Workes
- Fragments in Time 2023 - Beth has been doing Fragment sets for 10 years now - this year's designs are inpired by antique Berlin Woolwork Samplers. Each of the 8 small 3 x 3 pin cushions can be stitch individually or joined together inside Beth's freebie border chart. Color scheme is bold and deep this year! The first design is a charming cottage - I want to live there! You'll need: Classic's Fresh Brew, Dublin Bay, Brandied Pears, Egghsell, Polliwog, Bean Sprout, Rose Petal, Chili Pepper, Tennessee Red Clay, and Weeks Loden. Lady Dot's Thndercloud is the featured trim, and you'll need a fat quarter of whatever linen you like best to stitch these either individually or together. Charts one and two release in March 2023, 3 & 4 in May, 5 & 6 in July and 7 & 8 finish the set in September.
- Superior Bees - Beth writes: 'Look into your imagination, where things in the garden are not quite what they seem. Time blossoms forth, tended by honey producing 'bees.' They are the key to life in this fanciful pollination production line. The contrivance is the dream-child of our mythical Professor Hivemann and is sure to enliven your agronomic stitching adventures. Have a bit of stitching fun with this steampunk inspired design! Doesn't that put a neat spin on this? Stitched on a sage colored linen with only 3 colors Gloriana silks or DMC of 310, ecru and 167, the whole thing finishes only 4-1/2 x 5 on 40ct!
- Christmas Past - Paper ornaments inspired by old Victorian designs! Cut out the stitching and place a favorite photo in each center to really personalize your tree. Choose one color - your favorite - for these. One package of perf paper (we have that in numerous colors as well) will do your entire set... and there are charms to attach to each ornament. (Charm Pack contains charms for all 9 ornaments, and right now, offered separately.) This is chart one of the set of three charts.
- Between Friends is a 4-part collaboration with Hands On Design. A Spring Sampling includes 2 designs - one by C, the other by B - books full of cute projects and finishing ideas. This is the first - no news as to releases of the other three. But even so, just THIS one is cute! 24 Pages of the 8 projects, each is beautifully photographed, and Cathy has added lots of clear pics during her finishing processes. They have a 'Stitch Academy' section in here... I read that the odd numbers in the stitch diagrams are always needle up, even number is always down, and remember to pull 'up' stitches to get the pretty holes you are looking for! Just a tiny tidbit of what resides inside these beautiful pages!
Silver Creek Samplers Previews!
Diane hasn't sent design sizes, fabric availability is hit and miss, but you can get a good idea from the pics which will be your favorites!
- Deputy Doxie's Posse - Gentle Art Sampler Threads and DMC. Finishes approx 6 x 5 on 32ct... Diane is hooked on dog rescue - so this little guy reminds her of THREE of hers!
- Jurassic Perk - Silly for a coffee-lover. This would be fun wrapped around a coffee container... or hanging above the coffee maker at work! Finishes about 4-1/2 x 6 on 30ct, stitched with DMC.
- Tea-Rex - Tea Rex is a 'tea-lightful' desgin steeped in humor!" But... Diane stitched it on Cappuccino hand-dyed linen! DMC, finishes approx 3-1/2 x 11 on 32ct.
- Migh-TEA Fobulous - Several fun puns for tea lovers! All finish as smalls, less than 2 x 2 scissor fobs!
- Introverted - 'But will eagerly discuss everything cross stitch' - Gentle Art Sampler Threads - this would be cute with pins and buttons from your stash, a little metallic... maybe even make some little skeins of floss to attach! Finishes approx 8-1/2 x 4 on 36ct, and stitched with Gentle Art hand-dyed cottons or DMC, might need to hang by your stitching chair!
- Free Bee - About 4 x 4 - Weeks hand-dyed flosses. Stitched with Weeks hand-dyeds or DMC, it'd make a cute cushion for a bee-loving American!
- Planting Daisies - Love this one... 'You planted daisies in my heart that bloom and grow each day. Indeed I see your love for me inside thier sweet bouquet.' Stitched against a sage green fabric, it finishes approx 7 inches on 32ct. Diane's Mr Silver Creek Samplers gifts her with daisies... she has a tiny story about it on the back of this chart. I see bee charms in the cover pic - the chart doesn't come with them... so you might skip them, or find some cute ones on your next shopping jaunt!
- Reaching for Hope - 'Give the world your love and care, let hate be cast out everywhere.' Finishes approx 10 x 4 on 32ct, this is stitched with DMC floss but the words are Grecian Gold and Scuppernong hand-dyed!
Coming from The Scarlett House
Tanya isn't big on descriptons and words... but she did send big pics of her four new things! She is not attending market, so will be shipping these right away.
- Eliza Rossiter 1853 - 169 x 247 - So 8-1/2 x 12 on 40ct... Weeks flosses of Williamsburg Blue, Terra Cotta, Lily Pad, Juniper (2), Dirt Road, Sand, Blue Heron, Red Rocks, Chestnut, Bees Knees and Whitewash. Little Eliza was a very organized stitcher.
- Emma Peterson 1894 - This is a tribute to Tanya's grandmother - I imagine she was born in 1894. She remembers her Grandma carrying around a pretty hanky in her apron pocket.. an inspiration for this piece! Finishes approx 8 x 8 on 36ct.I remember ironing all those pretty hankies when I was little!
- Jane Charlotte Wynn 1835 - Tanya's adaptation of a sampler she owns - very 'Scarlett House-y' trees in here! 250 x 230 - This measures approx 13 x 15 on 36ct and uses Weeks hand-dyed flosses - all deep colors of Terra Cotta, Graphite, Pamlico, Light Khaki, Molasses, Havana, Juniper, Garrison Green and Flatfish.
- Try to Mark Well - I love this charming little thing! Stitched with just 2 shades of red, green and black... can't wait to hear the story behind the tomato on there!
Hands On Designs has several fun new things!
- Between Friends: A Spring Sampling (first of the 4 seasons) is a collaboration between Cathy and Beth Ann Seal of Summer House Stitche Workes. We're getting 4 books with 2 projects each... one from C and one from B. (Only from the pics - I count more than that.) They're big on finishing and lovely graphics, so this'll be a fun set! No release schedule yet for the other three, but we'll have them!
- The Spring Basket - The final set of these... just gorgeous... Cathy suggests you find your finishing fabric first, then coordinate the threads. Chart includes all three designs, and we now have all the other seasons.
- Plaid All year: Hoppy Easter, 4th Of July, Oh Canada - These are small 3 x 3 designs that are stitched on a black or gunmetal background. With touches of checkerboard patterns in them, Cathy laughs that they aren't 'plaid' at all... but that's the word that comes to mind to describe them! Each design is offered separately in small chart format.
- The Polar Plunge Set - There will be 6 charts total in this set. Here are the first three - the next two available soon, and the 6th is a PDF Cathy will be selling from her site later this year, as a fundraiser for Special Olympics.
Polar Bear Peek, Wally the Walrus and Whale Hello There are the three featured... awfully cute! Threads needed for the whole set are Classic Colorworks of Black Coffee, Field of Greens, Honeycomb, Key Largo, Mint Julep, Persimmon, Ribbon Red, Snowball (2), Stepping Stones (2), Tartan Plaid and Thundercloud.
Cathy has a special place in her heart for The Special Olympics... this is one of her fundraiser pieces! A total of 6 designs in the set - we will have the first 5 - the final one will be available later his year - as a download on her website - with your donation to Special Olympics. (See her site for those details.) Anyway, this charming set of 3 x 3-ish water and wildlife scenes is endearing! Choose a blue fabric -- these are mounted on her set of finishing boards - which are PAPER-covered! Those cute flakes on there are PAPER! How sneaky is that? No hunting for fabric, glue on the paper, zip-zap! Lady Dot snow rik rack is the featured trim - one package will do all 6 designs. Love that little walrus!
New Spring Arrivals from The Blue Flower
- Rabbit Parade - Jeannine loves little animals, and she has a profusing of unusual ones in this pic! If you've done her 'Animal Alphabet' you know she uses all kinds of animals that you never knew EXISTED! She'll tell you their contry of origin in her chart... so unfortunately I cannot tell you who everyone is on this one either! But, can you see that they are all wearing bunny ears? She uses smoky blue linens a lot... a soft color which lets her whites show up. Rabbit Parade measures 173 x 80 - so 9-ish x 4 on 36ct.
- Spring Quail - Three designs in this chart pack... our Spring bird is surrounded by Dogwood blossoms, and coordinates with Winter Quail. Again, the smokey blue fabric and gently flowing vines and stems.
- Tudor Goat - Jeannine says this is the latest in her 'Tudor Menagerie Series.' Her goat is earing a crown and surrounded by lavish flowers - her signature flowing leaves against that smokey blue background.
- The Glad Sun - Celebrating the return of the Spring Sun, the splash fo flowers has a Art Nouveau feel to me! Stitched on a soft gray, coded for DMC and hand-dyeds.
Heads Up! Spring 2023's Punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher Magazine ships mid-March.
As always lots of pretty seasonal designs in here... half PN, half CS. The finishing section - usually 6 pages with 24+ pics - it's always stunning, and informative.
Full sized charts in color, full-sized cutting templates for finishing everything in the magazine... it's really a nice publication. We have a few back issues available - but not many - they do sell out. Lovely reading - even if you don't do a thing in it!
Paulette has sent her Plum Street Samplers Release Previews!
Coming home from the show will be:
- Float - Happy, colorful, light and charming! This year's collaboration with Heartstring Samplery - 'Float' goes with 'Sting'. Float is done with DMC and is shown on Country Vintage Mocha linen. Paulette calls this a Pin Keep or a Pin Give! This finishes approx 3 x 5.
- Penny Spring - A companion to Penny Autumn, a little spring fox is up there in the trees - (do foxes climb trees?) Penny Autumn has the rust border, this one the pretty pinks. Coded for DMC and hand-dyeds.
- Spring Moon - A glorious blue garden surrounding a pale blue house... Paulette has textures and angles and curves all over in this! The fun flowers, the monochromatic patterned tree and tulips in the lawn, the straight house and the angled basket... then you have that running rabbit - jumping over everything - by the light of the moon! Did you see the striped blue tulips - colored versions of the ones below? Finishes approx 8 x 9 on 36ct - just delightful!
- Starbarks - More little weenie dogs enjoying their morning coffee together! Everyone loves all of Paulette's doggy pics - so she'd done another one! Coffee colors, quilt stars... just for fun!
- Tortoise Tower - The next animal stack design - we're getting happy whimsical colors this time around. Love that profusion of fun flowers in the background... Paulette does tell you that you can change the turtle shell colors if you want - but I'm not sure what you'd choose... maybe do the turtles in brown, then the shells in a mossy, sharp green to share the attention with the flowers.
- This I Know A Charming design - Paulette's Market Exclusive for the shops that attend the show. I like the repeating shapes of the leaves and little sheep! If you don't want a pink church, maybe choose a darker fabric and make it creamy? And, wouldn't different colors of Simply Wool or Wisper make those little sheep fuzzy and cute?
Springamajigs from Satsuma Street
Aren't these Springy and cute? By Satsuma Street, these are 4 new kits that make 8 little ornaments.
14ct Perforated paper, all the necessary flosses and a few sequins tossed on for glamour... these are fun to tuck into Easter Baskets or bowls of eggs and cushions, or hang in your windows! Each finishes approx 2 x 3.
Stacy Nash has outdone herself with her collection of Spring releases - we are ENCHANTED! Here we go...
- Sarah's Sewing Bag - Stitched on the flap, backside and inside this old brick house and flower baskets come from one of Stacy's antique samplers in her collection. 36Ct, Weeks flosses, case measures 10 x 5 when folded closed. Oilcloth, Charcoal, Swiss Chocolate, Oscar, Chesapeake, Straw, Linen, chestnut, Carolina Cecil, Caper, Bright Leaf and Sanguine.
- Spring Chickens PinKeep - LOVE THIS! What a fun finish for a pin cushion - just simple tucked corners that follow the border stitching - it has a whole charming new look! 36Ct hand-dyed linen, Weeks threads of Kohl, Oscar, Palomino, Pink Sand, Charcoal, Arrowhead, London Fog, Havana, Pamlico, Confederate Gray, Red Rocks, Whitewash and Schneckley. It measures a generous 9-1/2 inches, and I think that size makes a really cool presentation - especially if it's stuffed with heavy lizard litter!
- Pretty in Pink - a sweet pinkeep that features a spool of thread and a tiny skein of floss... I think this is the house of a stitcher - who must have a green thumb because her garden is lovely! Weeks Parchment, Grasshopper, Cocoa, Charlotte's Pink, and Raspberry - just 5 colors in this 7-1/2 x 6-1/2 delight! Finished with rik-rak trim.
- Spring Basket Pinkeep - One of my favorites - A charming aqua basket with that spindly handle - full of lovely lilting tulips! The bunny, chicks and hen all add charm. Stitched on 36ct hand-dyed with Weeks flosses, this finishes approx 9 x 6-1/2 and is trimmed with rouched silk ribbon.
- Birds of a Feather Needle Book - You stitch all FOUR sides of this! Stacy was thinking of all the pretty eggs that can fill Easter baskets - this one is covered in birds and berries. 36ct Linen, Weeks hand-dyed flosses, each side of the oval case measures about 3 x 4 inches... Havana, Raspberry, Sanguine, Chickpea, Oscar, Mascara and Dolphin. Remember you can split these up and do only fronts - and make 4 cases! Or little stuffed egg cushions! Alphabet included so you can intital anything you want!
- Bees & Birds Sewing Roll - How Pretty! A 4-part piece surrounded by a traditional border... all the patterns for the coordinating smalls are included as well. The main roll measures 7 wide by 12 long stitched on 36ct. Weeks flosses of Oscar, Dolphin, Havana, Chickpea, Mascara, Raspberry, Linen and Sanguine... you kind of hate to roll it all up and hide all the cute parts!
- Big Blue House Pinkeep Drum and Strawberry - Very Americana and Festive! Look at that glorious big house - and the festoons above. Then, notice the border stitch all around the sides! This is finished onto a (cheap!) candlestick from Hobby Lobby! 36Ct hand-dyed linen, Classic Colorworks flosses of Campfire, Eggshell, Muddy Purple, Baking tin, Avocado, Blue Corn (the house), Pea Pod and Cinnamon Toast - it measures an impressive 7 inches in diameter and a mere 2 inches high, and that extra little velvet berry is divine!
- Faded Garden PinKeep Drum and Needle Keep - Stitched on 36ct hand-dyed with Weeks Blue Suede, Sanguine, Moss, Charcoal, Cornsilk, Dove and Drftwood, this finishes about 5 inches in diameter and 6 inches high. Stacy has lots of specialty stitches on ths one... her look is of pale colors on darker fabric.
- Wonderful Life Pinkeep Drum - Wow... a Christmassy piece in plenty of time to get it finished for next year! Worked on Weeks 36ct Beige, this measures 6 high by 5 wide... gorgeous Weeks flosses... another fun Hobby Lobby candlestick base! What a presentation that makes!
- Velvet Parsnip Needle Book - Stitching is done on 40ct with Weeks flosses... bunny is 3 x 6... but then you construct the wool case and cut out the velvet carrot. She's inclued all the finishing instructions in the chart.
- Velvet Tangerine Needle Book - Another to stitch and then construct together with wools and velvets... I need to look these over at the show and see how they are done! But they look awesome in these pics!
- A Walk Through the Garden PinKeep Stack - I love this finishing treatment! You get sneak peeks of the botton two cushions because everythng is stacked. Models are on 40ct, with Weeks hand-dyed flosses... Lady Dot Vintage Pom Poms are the featured trim. The chart contains all three tiny cushion patterns... I can see scissors on them, rabbits and berries.
A Few La-D-Da Treats
- Needle Book, Needle Book - Lori has re-printed her Summer Stitcher design and added a companion - Autumn Rose to the leaflet. (You might remember we had a few very limited edition kits of that Summer Stitcher inside a little brown wooden box - Gone! But that box is an unfinished wooden card box from Hobby Lobby - so there's your second chance.) Anyway, both of these designs have a stitching 'flavor' in them... Lori has made them into 3 x 4 needlebooks. Darling on the outside, you can line these with pretty hand-dyed wools and antique buttons and trims - the sky's the limit! Finishing instructions are included for the cases.
- Sweet Scissor Mat - Love this! It's a stitched linen piece with beautiful cut and drawn thread hemstitching around the edges... you use it as your stitching placemat! You could always frame the whole thing under glass if you want... or go for it... and actually USE 'the good guest towels!' The stitching measures only about 6 x 8... but then add the borders and hemstitched area - so this might be 11 x 14. Worked on 36ct... some hand-dyeds and DMC, hemstitching and finishing instructions included. Presented as a leaflet.
- And They Were Not Ashamed - A classic Adam and Eve Sampler for you collectors... pretty colors... you could be a sinner like A & E and skip the whole alphabet thing! Presented as a leaflet.
Be A Friend & Lilly Bates is My Name from Needlework Press
A pair of charming designs are coming our way from the Spring Show.
- Be a Friend - A Quaker-inspired piece, this shares the same color palette with 'In All Thing's and 'Be Kind to One Another.' The verse reads 'without a friend the world is but a wilderness.' Beautiful and balanced, I love eveything about this one, and check out that bottom box on the left - I see a little cushion out of that, and I see this whole thing as a stitching mat - leaving off the houses and baskets area. Presented as a leaflet.
- Lilly Bates is My Name - Lilly Bates is a reproduction of an antique pin cushion. It measures about 3-1.2 inches in size, and features her name and date she stitched it on the reverse - which will now be YOUR information! Charming octagonal shape, even though this is dreary in color - you DO have the right to change it up a little if you have a favorite fabric or some yummy threads you're dying to use! Presented in a leaflet format with full-sized finishing templates and the chart for the fun back treatment.
New Additions from Luminous Fiber Arts
Misty has a few new leaflets that willl add nicely to your stash... and join the *To Do* List!
- Gathering Stitches - This is the 6th is a set of mono-chromatic pin cushions - all measuring 76 stitches square. Each is stitched with only ONE color of hand-dyed thread, and each is offered in it's own separate leaflet. Gathering Stitches is the rose version, the bees are the gold, snowman is the blue... I think we have a pic of all of them together!
- Hop Peep Leap coordinates with Jingle Jolly Joy and Sneaky Spooky Spells. Measuring 160 x 60 - so 10 x 3-1/3 on 32ct. Cute with a retro-personality, you could make these into small cushions as well.
- Cottontail Farms - This would make a cute Springtime decoration - it reminds me of a flour sack or dish towel. It measures 159 x 94 - so 10 high by 6 wide - soft colors with another antique retro feel.
- Enchanted Quaker - This would be fun stitched all in black hand-dyed - but with added metallcs or beads for a little glisten. Measuring 124 x 254 - 7 x 14 on 18/36 ct... it's actually pretty cute as far as halloween Quaker Samplers go - more going on than just roundels. (In reading this description, this will take EIGHT skeins of Black Coffee Classic hand-dyed floss to complete on 32ct! That is a lot of thread!!) Would be fun all divided up into cushions too!
Beach Day from The Petal Pusher
Our favorite farm animals are back again - everybody is at the beach this time around. Petal Pusher has 4 of the most delightful little 'parades' of farm animals - who have all proudly dressed up for their particular occasions. So far, we have Holiday Hoedown for Christmas, Halloween Hoedown, Spring Fling and Patriotic Parade. Each time, it's the same 5 little animals - a horse, pig, sheep, chicken and cow. You can buy the whole set of one season of charts - or collect just the animals you like. The pig is Uncle Ham in Patriotic, Heavenly Hog at Christmas, for Halloween he dressed up as Bat Pig, and here he's Sandy Swine
Beach Day brings us Hang Ten Heifer, Sun Loving Sheep, Patrolling Poultry (the lifeguards up on the tower!), Sandy Swine and Scuba Stallion. Notice that cute little crab on there if you do them invidually? Anyway, each finishes 3 x 5, and together the whole row is 5 x 15. Stitched on a pretty hand-dyed blue - any count you like - coded for DMC.
Gorgeous New Designs from Samplers Not Forgotten's Kimberly Nugent
Kimberly has a soft, floral style.. she's done 3 new pin cushion kits as well as some bigger samplers - in leaflet format.
- Key to My Heart Kit - A hint of a plaid to the background, this sweet little heart pin cushion is done on 36ct Beige hand-dyed linen with the softest colors of Weeks hand-dyed flosses. Your complete kit will contain the linen, threads, dusty light blue backing fabric, Lady Dot ecru baby rik rak trim and hand-dyed sage rayon ribbon, and a small key (to my heart!) charm - along with the chart and needles. Finishes approx 4 inches in size. Just beautiful!
- Posey Basket - Another 36ct linen cushion kit - approx 4-1/2 x 6. The linen is Week's Cornsilk, the cottons are dusty medium pastels. Hand-dyed blue ribbon, a medium blue backing fabric and butterfly charm are included along with threads and fabrics... very 'dusty and vintage.'
- Regal Bird Cushion - Brighter colors on this - yet an aged look too. Complete kit of all deeper, yet dusty Weeks flosses, there is a deep berry-colored ribbon to rouche the edges, and a matching bit of finishing fabric for the back. There is also a heart charm included that you might not see in the picture. Finishes approx 4 x 5.
- Double Crown - An adaptation from an antique sampler... Kimberly has initials stitched in a different color on here - she's suggesting it as a birth or wedding memory. Stitched size is 10 x 5 on 36ct, everything is worked with Gentle Art Sampler Threads.
- Garden of Stitches - WOW... this one is an original design, and Kimberly has packed it full of special stitches. Resembling her English and French Garden Samplers - This has 'sections' that you can pull out and stitch individually if you aren't up to the whole thing. The two band samplers and that lush pot of roses... everything is worked with Weeks hand-dyed flosses and measures a petite 9 x 10! It just looks larger than that to me, it was exquisite in person at the Needlework Market! It looks advanced to stitch, but probably isn't too bad, because the rows are close together and short! Shop model coming of this one!
- One Nation - What a delightful little set of needlebook, cushion and fob smalls. Grab some pretty wool for lining and finishing, everything is done with Weeks hand-dyed flosses on 36ct. Needlebook finishes about 6 x 7 when closed. it is exquisite on the back. I have pictures -- but it's even more charming in person. Lots of detail on here!
Bright and colorful Treats Coming from The Tiny Modernist
- An Irish Blessing - A pretty border of greenery surrounding the classic blessing... choose a crisp white background ... everything is worked with DMC, and finishes 6-1/2 x 8-1/2 on 28.
- A Stitcher's Garden - So happy and cute! This has everything fun for a stitcher on it... the hoops, floss bobbins... the florals around the house are fun, and the tomatoes are the best! Finishes about 5 x 7 on 32ct, and I think there are several cute little motifs that would make cool pin cushions. Fabric is Water Lily linen - a soft light green.
- The Cat Tapestry - A wild garden of curious cats... they all look like we've discovered them doing sometihng... and they've stopped in their tracks to glare at us! 11 x 14 On 14ct... it's worked with DMC on Water Lily linen.
- The Garden Hare - Another cute garden-y scene, this is stitched with DMC and looks good on a light blue hand-dyed fabric. Finishes 6 x 7 on 14ct.
Tiny Modernists' Black Crow, Crab Dance and Karma Cameleon are a trio of cheerful animal panels.
Each measures 66 stitches square, features that same checkerboard edge, and bright DMC color. (I think you could add beads to these!) Presented as small individual charts.
October House Releases! Several fun things... all fresh and pretty!
- Vintage Trees - Just a small thing at 105 x 87 - about 5 x 6 on 36ct - she's chosen faded hand-dyed colors to make this look vintage.
- Snip Snip - How fun is this? A fun 2 x 7 design stitched with Sandcastle, Flatfish, Bright Leaf, Whiskey and Dirt Road... it needs to be on one side of a cushion and Itch to Stitch on the other!
- Itch to Stitch - Coud be the other side! Spools and a little yarn, add a tiny skein of floss on here, if you're good at tying a little one. This uses 5 different shades of peach, rose and berry - so easy to change those to another colorway if you want.
- Americana Red - A monochromatic piece full of sewing and quilting motifs, the whole thing finishes approx 12 x 14-3/8 on 36ct - quite good sized. You can pull out that top area of stitchery stuff and make a drum shape out of just that, there are a lot of nice motifs on here along with the borders. And, as always, if you don't like the one color used - just choose another!
- Honey Faire - A companion to Strawberry Faire, this features another pretty patterned motif - this time the beeskep. Measuring just 92 x 68 - 5 x 4 on 36ct - it uses a medley of yummy honey-colored hand-dyeds: Lemon Grass, Snowball, Old Marigold, Caramel Corn, Broom Tree, Squash, Chickpea, Goldenrod, Molasses, Bees Knees and Curry.
Several charming designs from Erica Michaels
We're getting more berries, another crossword puzzle and FUN alphabet/quilt sampler series!
- The Beach is Calling - This is just like Reindeer Games and Liberty Games - a really fun crossword-styled piece - along with a cute drum cushion! I love reading the words in this - Trolley, taffy, crabshack and boardwalk... I just want to be THERE! Cute motifs of that boardwalk, those crabs and lobsters, the lighthoue and trolley... straight out of a summer vacation... it's more about the little seaside community than the scratchy sand! Stitched with hand-dyeds, the main piece finishes 10 x 8 on 32ct.
- The Embroidress - A darling pin cushion all of us need! What a fun thing to stitch as a group and finish together... everyone in your group would have to have a different color so you don't mix up needles and pins!
- Heirloom Tomato - Prosperity and good fortune... do tomatoes bring you that? Regardless, I love this one! Pretty colors, you even have a tomato-berry-cushion out of it! The chartpack includes some buttons and a brass charm - which we cannot see in the pic. Lady Dot trims and Weeks wools are used in the finishing.
- Quaker Wisdom Berries - A set of three cushions, each features a bit of wisdom spelled among the Quaker-inspired motifs. Stitched with Weeks flosses, Weeks wools featured on their tops.
- Special Notice - Linda has lots of antique needlework and sewing goods. She read off the back of something while she was here last summer - I think it was the backside of the sales slip from the original purchase. THIS was the advice 100 years ago!
Special Notice: The attention of clerks is directed to the importance of suggesting to customers that before beginning a piece of work, a fully sufficient amount of silk be procured, as afterwards difficulty may be experienced in obtaining exactly the same shade. She read it in class... and didn't we all smile! Anyway, Stitch this for a sewing case, bag, frame it for your stitching area... we might stitch it as a shop model to hang behind our counter! Monochromatic - so pick any color you like! This pattern is a fundraiser for Linda's local animal shelter in TN!
Announcing Quiting A-Bee-Cs from Erica Michaels
This is a charming 5-part sampler covering alphabets and quilt motifs. Lots of options for smalls to take out of the larger design, Linda is releasing this is 5 parts - one chart a month - March 2023 to November 2023.
Worked with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses, it measures 263 x 223 - so will finish approx 14-1/2 x 12-1/2 on 36ct. Each square is 39 x 39, but each tiny quilt motif in it is just 24 stitches! Itty bitty! Linda promises indvidual finishes for pin pillows, spool bands, cubes, ornaments... all sorts of fun stuff. (I can see a drum with tiny quilt motifs all around.) Although there is a floss list, she also suggests that if you clean out your hand-dyed stash and use different dye lots of threads - it kind of mimics an old quilt - which is pretty cool and definitely OK!
Thread list: 1 each of Black Coffee, Blackbird, Dublin Bay, Hazelnut, Holly Berry, Little Sprout, Magnolia Blossom, Mistletoe, Old Blue Jeans, Queen Bee, Tea and Bisquits, 2 of Trail Dust, 3 of Wavy Navy and Wild Berries.
Our Auto-ship will start with Chart #1. Let us know fabric count and color choice (she uses a vanilla/cream/hand-dyed) and add any threads you need... we can ship those with your first chart.
Lots of Fun Has Arrived from Bent Creek
Bent Creek sent new Market Releases our way... they are mentioning 5. One of them is our previously limited A Little Help From Our Friends Stitching Circle design! Click through to see the rest of them.
- Each Day Row! Each Day provides it's own gifts. It's a very cheerful and colorful little landscape scene - four tiny houses, a few hills and trees, even the sea with a sailboat! Presented as a chart... you are seeing our model pics - we finished this into a round drum shape.
- Pop of Winter - This plump tree rounds out it's 4-season set of POPS. (I think the trees look like lollipops!) Presented as a kit of the 20ct linen and #5 pearl cottons, you can really see the hand-dyed variation on those snowflakes. Finishes approx 4 x 7.
New Releases from Heart in Hand
Cecilia has 5 new designs... all leaflets or small charts - each is part of a series, but are cute just the way they are! Click through to see the other 2 newbies!
- A Honey of a Tiny Town - 'A-buzz are the bees where sunflowers blow in the breeze. Triple Decker hives are able to thrive in this Honey of a Tiny Town!' Cecilia's springtime edition of this charming series... finish yours long and flat - like in the photo - or make a round drum-shape cushion. A Honey of a Frill companions this... same size to add to your town scene! Both are stitched on 32ct, and TT is stitched count is 176 x 30, and stitched in a medley of hand-dyeds. This is a half-sized chart, just like the rest in this series.
- Floral Etchings - LOVE this one! So fresh, contemporary and colorful, a trio of fresh flowers that you can stitch as is, or make into individual block stand-ups. This is a full -sized leaflet and proving to be VERY popular!
- Every Day Things - 'The Simple Truth: The every day sweet little things are the most beautiful. This small piece contemplates the simple joys: friends, family, home, nature and of course, stitching!' Finishes about 4 x 6 - just a happy little piece! You might recognize this as one of our past Little Help From Our Friends Circle Pieces! Presented as a half-sized chart.
Teresa Kogut's Spring '23 Arrivals!
Seven new cross stitch pieces and 2 punch needle - they are so attractive!
- Strawberry Manor - Finishing approx 12 x 8-1/2 on 36ct, this is worked on a lovely neutral with gold undertones to highlight all the reds, gunmetals and greens in it. Coded for DMC and Weeks.
- Nature -- I just love this one! Finishing approx 14 x 11 on 36ct, it says Folkart and Whimsical right in the design! Regular DMC floss, pretty birds and lavish flowers.
- Beauty Fades - This one is fun! I see four separate parts on this - it measures 7-1/2 x 16-1/2 on 36ct... so the top bands might need an inch or two on the ends if you make them into squatty pin drums, or you could duplicate one of the urns and alternate a few colors.
- Remember Me - This one as the prettiest border surrounding such a happy house and yard! Love it! Finishes approx 13 x 14-1/2 on 36ct... Regular 'ol DMC can look really nice, can't it!?
- Needle & Flax - This one measures 119 x 83 - so 6-1/2 x 4-1/2 on 18/36. Full of red, gold and gunmetal gray and cute 'creative' motifs, it's a darling pin cushion finish as well.
- Egg Collector - Something colorful for Spring, it's pretty big - 10 x 10 on 18/36ct. Regular DMC against a mangy hand-dyed background helps with the primitive look.
- Kindred Spirits - Finishing 10 x 11-ish on 32... love the patterns and colors in the dresses - aren't you glad we don't have to look like antique artwork? Makes me smile!
Teresa Kogut's Stitchy Bluebird & Rhombus Lace
Two new punch needle designs - each finishes 5 x 7 and is punched using DMC floss.
She has them shown as box toppings on painter paper mache boxes... they also look good mounted like that to the front of an old book - not to stuff on a shelf, but to perch the same way you do a box!
The designs are hand-drawn patterns for tracing onto your weaver's cloth.
Quite a mixture of looks to Dirty Annie's new releases! Got to keep that open mind!
- Deja Poo - Something silly for help in dealing with less-than-accurate informational circumstances.70 x 70 - about 4 inches on 32. Deja Poo is presented as a small chart... and they even supply the source for that darling dictionary fabric they've used in the finishing!
- Arrive Late - I think a teenage girl needs this for her closet! 120 x 85 - finishes 8-1/2 x 6 on 14ct. "Better to arrive late than to arrive ugly!"
- Package Deal - This is just super-fun for the Oklahoma/Texas crowd! 137 x 76, This finishes about 8-1/2 x 5 on 32ct. This is presented as a small chart - and again - the fabric source is provided for that FUN Rodeo-Time finishing fabric they've used to make this look like it's matted.
- Morticia's Second Line - Funeral processions are famous celebrations of past and future life in New Orleans... this one finishes a whopping 12-1/2 x almost 11 on 32ct! We lots of hand-dyed fabrics in this shade - all counts! There is a lot going on in here... you either like it or you don't... no judgements!
- Catcus - Oh this is for you cat-people! That little guy in the middle is so cute... is he trying to hide by faking spikes? Catcus is a small chart, and it finishes about 5 x 7. It's actually done on Weeks Morris Blue, but looks greener in the pics. I think you can use most any fabric you like for this one!
- Ya'll Ain't Right - They say that around here... it's the funniest saying... because they're usually laughing hard when you hear it! 80 x 80... Measures inches n 32ct.
Presenting Tulip Cottage Collection and Mousy Sweetheart from Luhu Stitches
Aren't these designs charming?
The Tulip Cottage set of charts features three designs - the Cottage (big at 8 x 11!) , the spray of flowers - Flora's Posies - (medium at 6-1/2 x 4-3/4) , and the darling little bunny - Flora's Basket - sniffing in her garden. Choose any white or pale pink fabric for these, they are shown finished with Lady Dot trims and velveteen of Berry Crush.
Mousy Sweetheart is precious too! He's on any light pink and he's holding a cheese Valentine for you! Finishes bitty - and so cute!
New from Romy's Creations
- The Seasons in Snowballs: Four little pics all nestled in snowglobe shapes... we think summer is really in a a seashell! Each of the 4 of these is stitched on any hand-dyed light blue fabric you like best... they measure 98 x 77, so will be 5-1/2 x 7 on 14/28ct. I didn't opt for the Romy hand-dyed thread packs... but I think some of the colors might be easy to match to your stash colors. Delightful scenes, each is offered in a separate chart. Please note: the 4 snowglobes really ARE the same dimensions; the pics we have are a bit distorted.
- Christmas and Halloween Trains - A pair of fun little train cars... each chart has it's three train cars in the pack. Basically finished like pincushions, you could make these into solid little blocks as well - joining them with thread and adding the button wheels. Christmas features Santa as the engineer with Frosty in the caboose... their little train is full of presents. Wouldn't it be cute to make these boxes - with open tops? You could add a 'gift-car' for everyone in the family - stitch their names on each of the cars. Then attach the train, stick it on the kitchen table, and fill each persons little car with something special? Could even do it everyday in December! Halloween could be the same way - The Trick or Treat Train! Make eveybody in the family a car... I love that ghost driving it... and the silly skeleton too!
Christmas and Halloween Needlebook Sets
Another pair of cute designs... Measuring about 4 x 10 when opened, they'll be 4 x 5 when closed. Choose almost any fabric you like, and a little coordinating Weeks Dye works lining wools... these will stitch and finish in a jiff!
New Releases from Jeannette Douglas
Lots of lovely things... She is getting away from producing as many specialty thread packs for her designs - and providing DMC conversions for all. So, options abound!
- Tapestry of Stitches - Presented in leaflet format with numerous pages of stitch diagrams and charts! Jeannette has loaded this with gorgeous stitches and worked it in silks. She DOES have DMC conversions provided, as an alternative.
- My Stitching Box - A set of smalls including 2 scissor fobs, a scissor pocket, needlebook, pin cushion, cube and main sampler. All the finishing instructions are included, the box is offered separately - no details yet!
- Vintage Grapes - Another joins Jeannette's Vintage series of designs - all in leaflet format. Grapes, in lovely colors. (she was working on this when we were in Portugal - cruising down the Duoro River in Port Wine Country!) Two different design options in the center section - alphabet or specialty stitches. Worked in silks, but DMC conversions provided.
- Chubby Bunny - Just a sweet little bunny enjoying his spring outing! Finishing 3 x 3 - a cute cushion or hoop finishing - he's a small chart and is done with hand-dyed flosses or DMC.
- Ann Perrin 1841 - Jeannette has reproduced a few antique samplers she owns... the original of this one is pictured on the back of the leaflet. Ann stitched it and then actually added another physical piece of linen to add the 'Remember the Creator' part at the bottom, so Jeannette's sampler has a seam in it! See what you think when you compare the two - and stitch this whichever way you want. Next, J added three smaller take-out designs from this larger piece - two 5 x 6 samplers and a long pin cushion from that middle area of the floral bushes. Coded for both silk and DMC, the main piece measures about 9-1/2 x 12 on 40ct. In her notes, J remembers the Creator verse from Youth Day at church. She remembers it always taking place at the beginning of summer, 'when we were sure to get into trouble apparently!' Lots of reds and oranges in this one.
- Margaretha Schropfer - This is an adaptation of an old sampler. J talks about leaving out the multiple alphabets, and changing the unpleasing composition of the original - she really changed it up, and it's charming! Finishing 4 x 13 on 40ct linen, she chose all the curvy, pretty parts of the original. That box with the rose in it at the bottom will make a stunning individual pin cushion! Presented as a chart.
- Margaret Meadows 1804 - Presented in a half-sized chart format, this one is very pale in color. It finishes a mere 7 x 6 on 40ct, and is stitched with silk or DMC. J does give you 'permission' to darken your colors if you want those florals to show up a little... this is, after all, YOUR stitching!
New Designs Coming from Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery
- Summer Garden at Cranberry Manor - This is PP's show exclusive with limited availability before April, but we have plenty, and we brought home the stitched model with us! Pretty pinks, golds and soft greens, this finishes approx 6-1/2 inches square on 36ct. Stitched with varied hand-dyeds, it is coded for DMC as well. The house is little and surrounded by such a flourish of quilt motifs - it's extra charming!
- Betsy's Spring Basket is the 4th of this over-the-top-charming seasonal basket series. All of these have been stunning; each has finished a bit under 6 x 6. We have all 4 pictured together - offered separately. Each basket is filled with flowers of it's season, very gently colored as well, so just beautiful.
- Tea Garden Pillow - A tiny little pin cushion pattern, this measures just 60 x 60, and is done with DMCs of 25, 3727, 522 and 815.
- Stitcher's Retreat House - Here's a fun piece... Two friends meeting at a stitch retreat! (Only, we're never wearing dresses, we don't have those big hips, and somehow the venue never looks like that charming house with all the thread spools and quilt motifs swirling around in the sky above!) Finishing about 7 x 7, pull out those spools for some cute pin cushions, and you're all set!
The Houses on Pumpkin Lane Series
This charming medley of houses has finally finished with these final 3 houses - Cinnamon, Acorn and Harvest. We have a pic of the entire thing stitched together, but they make a delightful basket of stuffed cushions as well. Choose one or two - or the whole set... this has companioned the Peppermint lane houses as well!
New Arrivals Coming Home from Market from Praiseworthy Stitches
- Simple Gifts - Snow - Well, some don't think snow is a special gift... but I love it! Choose a wintery blue background fabric, and grab your opalescents, whites and more blues for this frosty piece of Quaker-inspired motifs.Finishes about 10 x 10.
- Chilly Willy Stacker - Here's a standing stitched snowman just like the Holly Jolly Tree and Creepy Pumpkin Stackers! Choose some fabrics (all the same color or not - but keep the count the same), stitch and scrunch the layers together to make this 10-inch high little man! There is an antique wooden spool included with the chart - it is the mounting stick for your three layers, and the top of it is hidden under Willy's wool hat.
- Haunted Hillside Farm - This year's Scary Halloween Scene, everyone is at the pumpkin farm choosing their Jacks. Finishing approx 9 x 11, it's on a lovely deep blue linen - Dawn by Picture This Plus. We have TONS of great fabric options for this now - in several counts too. Coded for hand-dyeds there is a smattering of buttons and a little metallic in here - super cute!
- Busy Bee Pin Ball Kit - A quickie little thing, a round ornament piece, all the materials, trims, fabrics, everything are included in this kit.
Love Heart, Rose Heart and Stolen Heart from Rosewood Manor
Karen Kluba has a trio of pink floral Valentines - all offered in individual small carts. Choose any pretty pink fabric and grab DMC flosses of 600, 601, 676, 677, 729, 746, 986, 987, 988, 989, 3838, 3839, and 3840.
Every heart uses the same colors, each finishes approx 4 x 5 on 18/36 ct, and each chart comes with a silver-tone heart charm of some sort. Fresh, cheerful colors, something a little different to tuck into your basket of smalls and stuffed cushions.
Market Fresh Fruits from Debbie Mumm
Mill Hill has released a bright, cheerful collection of 4 different fruits. Kind of a retro-flavor to the designs - like a label on the end of the wooden crates - these are worked on 16ct White Chocolate Aida (just a hint of brown color to make them look like those old labels) with DMC flosses and smattered with Mill Hill beads.
Finishing 5 x 5 each, the complete kits contain the chart, fabric, beads, flosses, and needles while the frames are available separately. Reminding me of all the yummy things you can juice or add to smoothies, they are full of bright color and will make clean and crisp kitchen decorations!
New for Winter from Just Nan - due in the shop February 8th!
- Winter Blues - Nan is giving new life to one of her samplers originally published in 2001 - but long since retired. Winter Blues is worked with DMC (or silks) on white. In the olden days, we used a lot of 28ct - now you might choose to stitch this on a 36 or 40ct. Nan is including her handpainted bluebird Charmbead embellishment which is tucked into the sampler about half-way down the piece. The bird and included beads will be lovely on whatever count fabric you choose. Frosty and pretty, lots of gorgeous border-bands in this one! Leaflet with bird and beads included.
- Frosty Gnomes - Well aren't these little guys charming? Four tiny gnomes - all sporting spike-y Satin Stitch beards, warm little tweed hats, and glass bead noses... they are surrounded by sparkly snowflakes. Best of all they finish ONLY 2-1/2 inches square on 32ct natural linen! Get out bits of DMC from your stash, and a little metallic - they don't take much to pack their punch of cuteness! Presented as a small chart with special bead pack.
- Winter Rose Petite Flower Cushion - A tiny wisp of a thing, this is worked on 32ct Morris Blue hand-dyed linen by Weeks. (Lots of gorgeous light blues will work for this.) DMC, with beaded flakes in the corners, there is a snowflake sequin in the center of the petite 2-1/4 ornament or cushion. Definitely a quick stitch! Presented as the small chart with embellishments.
from Sweet Wing Studio
*Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.*
This is a fun tribute to Abraham Lincoln by Sweet Wing Studio.
Stitched on 32ct Flax Linen with a medley of hand-dyed or DMC floss, it finishes just 5-1/2 x 6-1/2. Presented as a small chart.
1 Cat and a Moon
from Aury TM
This little design caught my eye! Super simple, it measures just 51 x 57 stitches and uses just black, white and gray DMC. BUTTTTT, it is worked on a striking shade of hand-dyed fabric - to simulate a bright night sky.
See if you can find a cut of fabric... 8 or 9 inches square will do.... that you'd like for that background. You could stitch the 'flakes' in the moon with metallic, or the kitty in Gentle Art's Simply Wool, but doesn't this just set off that pretty cut of hand-dyed fabric beautifully? Presented as a single chart.
Cheers! Hand-Embroidered Dish Towel
Something cute to stitch for a New Year, or a Birthday.. or an Anniversary... or a Party ANYTIME of the year! Bareroots is adding to her monthly collection of embroidered dish towels with this quick and fun towel. Floss and golden yellow rik rak is included with the towel... design in ready for transfer. (We have Stick 'n Stitch to make that easier!)
I believe we've putting this up on Just Arrived with several of Barri's other cute designs... we have Valentines, Easter, Spring... all sorts of these!
Presenting the Spring 2023 Mill Hill Bead Kits!
Already on the way to the shop - notice about these was our Monday Morning Surprise today!
We love these! 6 New 5 x 5 designs are joining our collection... offered as complete kits of 14ct perforated paper, glass beads, needles, flosses, chart and button embellishments - these are perennial favorites!
Koi Pond features a beautiful gold fish, LOVE is full of pinks and purples rather than true reds for Valentines Day. Potting Shed goes with the chicken coop from last year... Travel Time is just plain awesome for anyone who loves to take a trip or two. Town Square is another Village scene, and that Guitar is just plain gorgeous and cheerful! Always fun to stitch, always a great value!
Mill Hill's Smaller Ornament-sized Spring Bouquet 2023 Series
Cute as can be this year... complete kits, these contain 14ct perforated paper, all the flosses, beads, MH Treasure, chart, magnetic backing, and needles. Finishing about 3 x 3 each, they make terrific Christmas Tree ornaments, and fun magnets for your work space, fridge door, or anywhere you cling a magnet. We've backed ours with sticky felt, and then, if you wear these as a jewelry pin - and forget to take them off before you wash them - they even go though the wash and come out OK!
Always fun, this season we have Love Cooking - will you be a liar or not? Kitty and Puppy Love are just plain cute! Scooter goes with the bigger Travel Time kit new this spring, the Llama goes with the Festive guitar, and Bacon and Eggs is just plain fun!
Join us for 2 days with Vicki Hastings - the creative artist behind the 350+ leaflets filled with charming designs you've enjoyed for the past 39 years! Both Vicki and Silver Needle celebrate 40 years in business this year... so we're celebrating with a She Shed Event and an exclusive stitching project with Vicki. Registration is open now... $50 due at Registration, balance due in April.
FYI: Tulsa is a great destination for a few days. It's a really fun place to come with girlfriends... get an Air B & B and just have a lovely couple of days away. Our shop is an hour away from Pioneer Woman, and less than a mile away from 4 really, really good local shops. We have a great quilt store, a fantastic needlepoint shop - full of threads. There is a weaving, spinning, wool felting shop here, and a very upscale knitting store... not to mention all our great Cross Stitch! We have 6 different Designer Events planned for 2023... check out the Events Page so you can plan at least one trip or two!
Easter Designs by Erin Eiizabeth
Wow... great designs for each holiday -- all are coded for regular DMC floss, and each is presented in chart format.
Esther & You Crack Me Up! - So darn cute...
- Esther measures 63 x 82 - so will finish about 4 x 5 on 32ct. She'd be pretty on lots of different cheerful fabric colors, and you could even leave off the Happy Easter wording and make her into a bunny face plant poke! Just charming!
- You Crack Me Up needs to be stitched and finished into a brick-style stand-up block. So sweet, it's coded for DMC, but those eggs wouldn't mind some metallic touches! Measuring 120 x 51 - this'll finish just 7-1/2 inches long and 3 inches high on 32ct.
Jingle All The Way!
from AB Designs
Here is AB Designs' 2023 Stitch Along Piece! Amy's sampling of little Christmas people is stitched in Classic Colorworks flosses on 28ct Flax linen. The whole piece measures 134 x 164 - so on the 28 it'll be 9-1/2 x 12... but if you change fabric counts, finished size will change as well. (Individual ornaments could be 2 or 3 inches by themselves.)
Darling and full of color, each chart includes button embellishments. The first two of 10 charts will ship this April, with two more charts shipping in June, August, October and December. $10.00 each, we will charge your card for the two charts shipped each time - NOT the whole series at one time. The whole pic uses 13 skeins of the Classic Flosses but is also coded for DMC. The color key appears only in the first chart; individual monthly charts will not be available until next year when the Stitch Along Auto is finished.
A Hat for Winter from Stitches by Ethel
Stitches by Ethel has a cute new design - Mr Bunny is bringing his snowman buddy a hat to keep the sun off of him. Coded for DMC and hand-dyeds, it's garnished with a couple of snowflake buttons (sold separately).
The bunny would be neat stitched in Simply Wool, and you could add some opalescent to the snowman... it measures 85 x 55, so finishes about 3-1/2 x 5 on 32ct.
Heart in Hand is ready for Valentines!
- The 2023 Annual Collector's Heart is all red and white this year. Finishing about 5 inches in size, it's full of tiny heart motifs... even an old fashioned heart-in-hand! Cecelia features 32ct Heartland from Picture This Plus in her kit, along with Cottage Garden hand-dyed floss, and a tiny wooden button from The Bee Company. She retired lots of her Collector Hearts last year... so we have just some of the more recent kits available now. Click the pic to see then all!
- Tweethearts is a revisit back to her skinny leg birds.... only this time we have two birds rather than one. Charted for Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses, you can stitch this on just about anything - the model is 32ct Summer Khaki.
- Winter White Whirligig is another small round topper for all the Heartware bowls Cecilia has. (Click the pic to see all those options) Stitched on 32ct Smokey Pearl linen, it's just 45 stitches, and done with Weeks Cornsilk and Whitewash. Small and quick... another fun one to add opalescents or frosty metallics to!
Santa on a Vespa & Christmas Postcards
from Madame Chantilly
You now have a year to work on these two designs to get them ready for next Christmas!
- Santa on a Vespa is charming! He's really clipping along with that bag full of presents! Coded for DMC, stitch him on something that lets the snowflakes show in the background. He finishes approx 6 x 7 on 36ct. Wouldn't he be cute as a little front seat pillow in your car?
- Christmas Postcards features 4 darling little forest animals all wishing for full stockings! There is a fox, hedgehog, a cat and something else we can't identify! (We think it's a Husky dog.) They're all cute though... and coded for DMC, measuring 75 x 92 in stitch count. The little animals by themselves are about 35 x 35 in size. Super Cute!
Forever Thine, from Erica Michaels
Forever Thine is Linda's newest Valentine's inspired design. She has a family stash of letters and diarys from the turn of the century, and she found an old Valentine with a hand-written note on the back that reads 'Dear Miss Krauss, may I have your company for next Wed eve?'
*A heart that is forever is thine* - her design is stitched with Weeks hand-dyed flosses, and garnished with a clay love letter button and a brass heart - both included in the chart pack. You'll need the Weeks Garnet and Collards hand-dyed wool schnigglet 8 x 8 cuts we have to garnish your pin cushion and berry top. Both charts are included in the pack.
Miniature Sampler Pin Drums from Olde Colonial
Oh my gosh, these are the CUTEST little cushions! Designed by Olde Colonial's Kelly, each is stitched on one-inch wide 26ct German linen banding. The cut of band in the kit in only 6 inches long... so when rolled, your tiny drum is only that 1-inch high by approx 1-1/2 inches wide. You are stitching with one thread of floss over one thread on the band... so each design is full of tiny details. We have three different designs so far... more are in the works... but get these stitched first!
Smelling the Daisies has bunnies in their flower garden.
Waiting for Santa has tiny evergreens and reindeer on it.
Grazing in the Grass has sheep and a little cow amidst the summer flags.
Presented as kits of the chart, banding, Skirtex and interfacings, topper and bottom wool felts and boards, and warm and natural for puffy... Pam has great photos in here of her finishing process. All you need to add are the bits (and I mean BITS) of floss. Just the sweetest little things... you can see my hand in the pic to gauge their charming size!
A Bountiful Welcome Mini Pin Drum joins our group as the newest release. The tiny greeting surrounds the tiny drum! Sorry, this image just doesn't do it justice.
Autumn Sampler Compendium and Susan Scott 1734 English Sampler
from Gentle Pursuit Designs
Two new samplers have arrived... beautiful booklet charts - 9 and 24 pages respectively - both clearly charted.
- Autumn Sampler Compendium is worked on 40ct linen with silks. It features stitching on the front, spine and back, as well as inside front, back and inside spine. Stitches featured are Algerian Eyelet, Cashmere, Double Running, Florentine, Mosaic, Nun's Stitch, Pavilion, Queen, Satin, Smyrna, Straight, Tent and Cross.... and Cissy says this is for 'the adventuresome stitcher.' Lots of stitch diagrams, beautiful full color charts with correct placement - along with actual photos of the stitching before it is assembled... the book is lovely and the stitched case is enchanting. Its total size is 4-1/2 inches folded, with the inside pockets at 2-3/4 inches deep. Full of specialty stitches and autumn charm!
- Susan Scott 1734 English Sampler - This sampler features The Lord's Prayer. A reproduction, stitched on 40ct with silks, it finishes an impressive 17 x 23-1/2 - and is full of Algerian Eyelets, Satins, Stems and Straight Stitches. Nothing hard - but still a commanding piece. Mostly blues and golds over the top 2/3, but then reds, greens, golds decorate the bottom. This 'leaflet' is the 24 page one - offering your chart super-large, colored and clear!
New Things have Arrived from Plum Street Samplers
- Christmas Mini Moon - Isn't this little guy the cutest? Paulette is designing a set of 'Moon Rabbits' to be released this coming March, at Market. Spring, Summer and Mini Moon are coming... but she threw in a Christmas version and he's ready NOW! She does say that if you don't want Christmas in the design, just leave off the candy canes and holly. Anyway, I don't know much about 'Moon Rabbits' but this one is cute. Various hand-dyeds and DMC, on 36ct it finishes approx 4-1/2 inches in size.
- Yuletide Delivery - This companions Harvest, Halloween, Summer and Spring Delivery. It features Mrs. Claus riding in her sleigh on what appears to be a windy day. Her hat is billowing behind, yet her noble deer is standing still. A little artistic license? Well, it's a happy scene, pretty winter flowers and that deer is really neat. Stitched on 36ct Country Vintage Mocha, she's called for varied hand-dyeds and DMC. It finishes approx 10 x 4, so it'd be cute as a wedge stand-up on a deep windowsill.
- My Heart's Welcome - A small yuletide design - Paulette suggests finishing it into a cushion to nestle inside a welcome wreath. The lady pictured is holding pineapple - a universal symbol of hospitality. Various hand-dyeds, lots of neutral fabrics will work as well.
- This Happy Morning - This is a pretty piece that can be stitched on light or dark fabric! Although they look the same in the pics, there really are a lot of color variances between the two. Stitched on either Hogbristle or Black Swan linen, it's a pretty piece that finishes approx 14 inches square. I am thinking there is a LOT of stitching on here - I love the lacy greenery and the border, but the patterns in the barn and the yard steal the show.
from The Tiny Modernist
Whip up a trio of cute ornaments for a seamstress or sewer in your life! Tiny Modernist calls these 'Stitcher's' ornaments... but personally, I am allergic to sewing machines - no matter how cute they are, and thread that sews on buttons!
BUTTTT, this is a pretty set of small cushion sized designs - each about 30 x 40 in stitch count. Charted for DMC, choose a crisp white fabric... and get these stitched for next Christmas!
Viva la Vida from Jardin Prive
By Jardin Prive, this is a super-fun checkerboard of Summertime! I thought I'd put it up on 'Just Arrived' to give you an 'out-of-season-jolt!' Remember summertime, green grass, Popsicles and flowers? This colorful piece offers all that inside it's wildflower border - you even get the summer road trip from the mountains to the beach down at the bottom. 64 Tiny blocks - only 19 x 19 stitches - each has either an alphabet letter or tiny motif inside. Everything summer is in here, along with several blocks of cross stitch and needlework stuff - a hoop, scissors, spool of thread, floss bobbin, and buttons.
Stitched with regular DMC floss, the whole thing measures 210 in stitch count - or a serious 11-1/2 inches on 18ct. Now... think about deconstructing this - the borders would make rally cute windowsill 'hotdogs!' All those tiny squares would make fun cubes, or scissor fobs... you could spell someone's name and add a few pictures... it can take you till summer to figure out all the different ways you can have fun with this one!
The 2023 Needle Travel Mania Guide
This is an awesome little 540 page book (5-1/2 x 8 x 1, it weighs a pound!) that is an incredible directory of needlework, quilting, weaving, knitting and needlepoint shops all around the country! If you ever go anywhere in a car, YOU NEED THIS BOOK! Organized by state, each state is mapped with interstate and state highways.
The shops are all numbered on the maps... then the directory offers varied information about each. Addresses, hours, kind of product mix, phone numbers, websites... just great info to help you plan the stops on your next road trip adventure!
They even have software that will plan your route for you and include the types of shops you 'need' to visit! Really a fun book to have -- and a super-fun stocking stuffer or neat stitch group gift!
Christmas Time, Bringing Christmas and Christmas Joy Ride from Carriage House Samplings
Carriage House has a third design in her deligtfully retro Christmas set. Joining Christmas Joy Ride and Bringing Christmas, this year Santa is skating with his bag full of toys. I know if that bag were to rip, all the toys in the background would be the first things to fly out.
Measuring 8 x 7-1/2 on 32ct, this is coded for DMC or silks. A charming set of designs, it'll look good on most any wintery-white or hand-dyed sky blue background.
Presenting New Sticks Kits from Mill Hill
Four new stitched designs by Sticks have arrived. Converted to Cross Stitch - with a few beads added for color - they celebrate nature, life adventure and coffee!
Presented as full kits, they include 14ct perforated paper (14 Aida or 28ct linen works for these too), chart, beads, flosses and needles. Each finishes a whopping 7 inches in size... lots of stitching on these but HUGE on personality and visual impact! Frames in the pics are available by order. We just love these!
Cottage Garden's 2023 Snowman Collector's Series has been announced!
#1 The Needleworker!
WOWZA - This is going to be an awesome series by Vinniey Tan of Cottage Garden Samplings. Each month a new chart will release, beginning in just a few weeks - late November of 2022. Stitched on Fabrics by Stephanie's 36ct Chocolate Milk Linen. (We have it and 32ct as well!)
You can stitch each snowman individually or join them all together - as shown in her teaser pic. (This teaser pic only shows a tiny part of each of the upcoming designs, btw.) Each of the 12 charts finishes a little different in size, but all are worked with a combination of Weeks Dye Works hand-dyeds and DMC flosses.
The Needleworker is stunning - he's wearing his glorious patchwork coat, and his tummy is decorated with buttons. The background is scattered with scissors, a pin cushion, a sewing machine and spool of thread - did you notice that each of those motifs could be made into tiny fobs or cushions or ornaments? Promising to be a really fun series, we're beginning an auto-ship for the charts... lots of fabric options as well!
Three New Designs from With Thy Needle's Brenda Gervais
- Santa Stops Here! A quaint stone house... I want to stop here too! Brenda describes her design, "This small Christmas piece was inspired by seven small villages of German heritage, in my home state known as The Amana Colonies. When you pass down the streets, you quickly note that the businesses, many of which are brick structures, have simple black signs with white lettering for their business signage. The bonus is that this piece features The Candy Haus -- the place where Santa stops off to shop for candy canes to tuck into stockings of good boys and girls!"
Finishing approx 6 x 9 on 36ct it is worked with a mixture of DMC and hand-dyeds. The little Rudolph & Friends ornament is a companioning design... so don't miss that! So charming, it's presented as a chart.
- Rudolph & Friends - This is a companion ornament to the Santa Stops Here piece... Just a sweet design, the little snowman is surrounded by his cardinal and deer friends... and someone even brought a candy cane from The Candy Haus! Finishing about 3-1/2 inches square on 36ct - same fabric and threads as 'SSH' - make it into a small stand-up or tree ornament! Chart format.
- The Maker and Mender - This sampler celebrates the needle! The verse is taken from John Taylor's 1634 writing - Praise of the Needle. A small thing, this measures about 7 x 10 on 36ct linen. Brenda used a smattering of different hand-dyeds, and has finished off hers with a hemstitched edge treatment. You could make a little mat out of this... you could mount it INTO a bigger stitching mat, frame it. Turn it into a sewing roll, with lots of the honored needles stored inside... you decide! Two different sets of alphabets included for personalizing, Brenda used her initials along with her mother's - to honor all that patience bestowed by Mom - while she taught Brenda to stitch!
from Twin Peak Primitives
A brand new book by Twin Peak Primitives, this has 9 charming designs all stitched solidly in red. You CAN choose ANY OTHER colors that you want... they chose red. Beautiful little cherubs, florals, a little sewing-themed drum, the designs do have a Valentine's/Love feel to them.
They're all 5 x 5-ish or a little larger... perfect for all of you that have a 'stitching limit of 75 x 75!' Large enough to be worth the stitch, small enough to get finished for a pretty presentation!
The Seasonal Petites from Little House Needleworks
Diane has released four seasonal charts in this 'Petites' series so far: Autumn, Thanksgiving and Winter... and now Snowy Petites. Each chart has 4 designs - all the same size. Tiny ornament-sized pieces - 39 x 39 - they finish only 2 x 2 on 18/36ct!
Assemble onto tag boards like in the pic, or make block stand-ups (you could put one panel on each side of the cube), tiny pin cushion bowl fillers, or even flat felt ornaments! Stitched on any neutral you like, the charts are coded for Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses or DMC.
Lori's Primitive Scissor Block and Fob Kit from La-D-Da
This is a REALLY charming little scissor holder - it begins very humbly as a plain 2 x 2 x 2 wooden cube with the scissor hole already drilled in it. You paint it with black acrylic craft paint, then select 5 of the included gorgeous antique and primitive prints that Lori has included in the kit. You have 20 different pics on that included sheet to choose from - so you have options. Next, grab your Modge Podge, slop it on the block, stick on the pic, and 'podge more modge' on there and you're finished!
Lori does have extra blocks available, so technically you can get one kit, and three extra blocks for a total of 4 blocks. (They make neat stitch group gifts!) She has included a bit of ribbon in the mail kit, a piece of sticky felt for the block bottom, and a charm of some kind - just to dress up your scissor a little. You can see several options in my pic... every block turns out differently!
We now carry Chala Handbags!
'Vegan' Leather... part of the company's profits are donated to animal rescue facilities across the nation. Their leathers are 'vegan' (a fancy way to describe 'faux leather') because their whole philosophy is to be kind to and appreciate animals!
Anyway... we have quite a fun selection of their totes, cross body cell phone cases and mini-purses, darling key fobs and coin purses. You can see a little of the variety from my pics... if you're near the shop, drop in. If you aren't but are familiar with this charming line, give us a call - we can choose something for the perfect gift!
Several New Antique Reproduction Samplers by Isabelle of Reflets de Soie
Always gorgeous, always authentic, Isabelle's sampler collection is extensive... here are three more treats she's sharing!
- Leontine Breton 1932 features a poinsettia border along with the very 'French' alphabet font. It measures 282 x 314, and is charted for silks or DMC. We offer the leaflet and do have her pre-sorted and labeled silks available separately.
- Angela Rafuls 1875 is a Redwork piece full of alphabets and a smattering of random motifs. Actually fairly new in the world of samplers, this is done with just one shade of red. Measuring 304 x 319... grab your DMC 814 or get the silk packet!
- Marie Thibon 1878 - Another relatively 'new' sampler, this one is full of gorgeous color. Along with the extensive alphabets and that pretty border, you get roman numerals! There is actually quite a bit of over one in here... those berry baskets up near the top, and Marie must have traveled because there are trains and ships over one as well. That lavish floral motif between the birds is all over one too! Measures 323 x 278, coded for DMC or silks.
Winter's Peace Sampler from Artful Offerings
Karina's newest design is here... All blues and browns, it looks frosty-cold and kind of elegant! Worked on a gray or platinum background rather than any fabric that has a yellow tone to it, you're stitching that whole little street in various shades of blues.
Once again, I love her design balance... and the contrast between the blocky, solid houses and the lacy tree branches. Maybe you want to add some brown or blue metallics to this... or silver? Finishing approx 7 x 11, this is presented as a chart.
Christmas Star and The Reindeer from Cottage Garden Samplings
Vinniey has two new charts...
- The Reindeer finishes out her *Year In The Woods* series of 12 woodland animals. Gorgeous design lines accented by lots of graphic repeating patterns (the body of the deer)... each animal in this series has been bold and stylized.
- Christmas Star - Oh Look at Santa! He's perched atop snowflake blocks of ice (there's a tiny rabbit watching him!), and trimming his woodland tree with the topper star. Stitch this on any medium blue hand-dyed - just something to show off the snow detail and his swirly beard. The tree features pine cones, and I think those birds and squirrels would look awesome stitched with Simply Wool by Gentle Art! Christmas Star measures 120 x 120, so it'd be only 6-1/2 inches square on 36/18ct!
New Designs from Plum Street Samplers
Paulette has sent three new charts...
- Cardinal Kin - This is another of her 'animal stacks' pieces. Luscious colors, she couldn't decide between brighter, traditional colors or a more muted Victorian palette - so she did BOTH in the same chart. Finishes the same size as the rest in this series - coded for Weeks and DMCs.
- Grace Doth Abound - This one deals with Adam and Eve.... and God's grace of Autumn Bounty... even after they were evicted from the garden! Paulette says it was a fun piece to design with the blue serpent tempting the (Halloween Costumed!) A and E. The verse refers back to God's mercy on them as they were booted out of Eden... they would now have to till the ground for food. But Autumn comes, and along with it, the Harvest! Measuring 214 x 176 - so 12 x 10 on 36ct, it's coded for Weeks hand-dyed flosses and DMC.
- Autumn Cottage - Paulette says this is a little white cottage with a hinged front door, swirling chimney smoke and a little black crow sitting atop the Autumn Stems growing in the yard. Nothing super-special, just a pretty, quick stitch to tuck into that bowl of Autumn 'bowl-fillers!'
Waiting for Santa
from Country Cottage Needleworks
Nikki's newest design... everyone is at home sitting by the windows waiting for Santa. (But he isn't going to come until they are all IN BED!) Measuring 101 x 135, stitched on 32cct with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses, it finishes approx 6 x 8-1/2.
Maybe they're waiting for the Amazon Truck instead - those come during the day! Either way, a darling, festive design!
Presenting the 2022 Set of Curly Girls from Mill Hill
Our newest set of these fun designs has arrived. Normally full of good advice for life... these don't feature people or pets, but great sentiments. Each is presented as a full kit of DMC floss, 16ct Aida fabric, a smattering of Mill Hill beads (not too terribly many), needles and chart. The frames in the pictures are offered separately. 'Encouraging Contemplation' is this year's theme. Since everyday is an opportunity - they say this series will help make everyday a better day!
Shown above from left to right:
- The Path - Sometimes the path that will bring you the most joy will need some clearing.
- Living The Question - We do not need to have all the answers. There is a lot of living to be done in the questions.
- Same Time - I'm so glad that I get to be alive at the same time as you.
- So Much Light - Some people create so much light that all around them grow.
Little Gnomes from Jardin Prive
Here's a trio of Gnome designs throughout the seasons. Cute as can be, each one looks the same, but they are all different. The little guys are growing things in the garden, cooking, skiiing, sleeping, and always doing the laundry!
Coded for DMC, they finish approx 8 x 8 on 32ct. So far in the set we have Halloween, Christmas and Spring.
Thread Milk's Statehood Splendor Series is FINISHED!
Thread Milk has finished her set of 50 state pin cushion/ornament designs with her final 10 charts. You'll notice in the pic that they are all different, but coordinate. The state abbreviation is on there... something about the state, and that number is the order in which it joined the Union.
A fun set... now everybody can get THEIR state! The entire set is now pictured on the Thread Milk Page.
This is Halloween from The Drawn Thread
Cynthia Zittel has a fun new Halloween design... a haunted house with its graveyard and resident spiders and ghosts - all underneath the most glorious gnarly tree! She's put a lot in here - skeletons, ghosts, bats and pumpkins - all of it measures 183 x 74. Notice that huge eerie yellow moon behind the tree - soft and golden, spooky and seemingly quiet - for now!
It'll finish approx 11 x 4-1/2 on 32ct... and it would make a stunning drum-shaped stand-up, if you're 'framed out, or an awfully cute flat stand-up to perch on a sill or someplace!
Springtime Beaded Ornaments by Mill Hill
Six cute new beaded kits are on the way to us! Each of the three flowers has it's own visitor friend... and everyone is cheerful and full of color.
Finishing approx 3 x 3, they are stitched on 14ct perforated paper with DMC floss and Mill Hill glass seed beads. They'd also make cute plant pokes or fridge magnets.
Yes, there's even MORE! |
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2023 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.