6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Here are some of the special activities we enjoy along with our customers, many of whom long ago became friends.
These are listed in chronological order.
Please scroll clear to the end to see them all... and be aware of years!
We have great photos coming every day from Lindy of the Christmas Market trip to Germany.
Be sure to click through much larger views. It's worth it!
- We've enjoyed all the gorgeous old buildings in the small villages - this is in Durnstein. They grow apricots here and we had an awesome tasting of liquors, chocolate and jams here!
- The city streets of Vienna's city center are covered with Christmas lights. Each street has its own pattern. Because Austria is not getting oil and natural gas from Russia right now energy costs prohibit these wonderful lights from being on all the time. Streets are lit from only 4 to 10 pm each night.
- A different street promising a Christmas wonderland at night!
- Here's a glimpse of tonight's market in Vienna.
- I cannot imagine choosing from this! It was a booth (there are lots and lots of these scattered about) stuffed FULL of millions of tiny pieces for nativity sets. Everything from wooden mangers to people, animals, village and farm equipment - you name it. They are serious here with tiny cords and candles to make your manger appear to be lit by tiny firelight (with REAL) little smoking stacks and such. Enchanting!
- And of course I had to stop here and pick up a few things! There is no glass separating you from all those hanging glass balls and they just pull them down for you if there aren't any in the baskets down below.
- This was the gold section of ornaments in that same booth. I wore out by the time I got past the white, silver and these and totally missed taking a pic of the red section!
- On the left: St. Vitus Cathedral. Our group started the day at the Prague Castle.
Don't we look snappy in our red hats?
- This is a pic from our Ruckl Glass Factory Tour. They have been hand blowing and cutting Czech crystal since 1846. Wild to see normal guys in shorts, flip flops and Croc shoes with no eye protection! This is definitely not the US! Anyway, fun to realize the beautiful and elegant glass starts in a well worn hot shop! You'll see a lot more detail when you click to the larger pic.
- One of my favorite Christmas markets is at the Thurn and Taxis castle.
Straight out of a Hallmark movie - only It's REAL!
- Spent the day visiting Salzburg... we passed a little restaurant with my name on It!
- This booth was stuffed full of colorful needle felted wool animals, ornaments and dolls!
Nestled in a courtyard of a square you can see the tree trunk growing right in the booth space!
- Here was a guy doing all sorts of incredible balancing and juggling tricks out in the street. He was a riot to watch!
- They were a foot in size!
- An early pic of part of the market before it got busy. You can see that wierd dome blocking the cathedral view. I thought it was awful, contemporary art! But we found out they cover their more fragile statues and fountains in glass cases for the winter to protect them from ice and snow damage.
- Our delightful folklore dinner in Prague... this is a family-owned restaurant serving authentic Czech dinner with a charming evening of entertainment. Of course when they made all of us participate, it added to the chaos!
- Here they are serving hot cheese filling in bread bowls and grating the cheese from this huge wheel for the topping.
- Handmade goods are the best at the markets... here is bobbin lace!
- The little gnomes in my favorite booth!
- Last night's little market in Vilshofen... they had a whole display of Christmas trees decorated with children's handmade ornaments - from all the local kindercares!
- Need a new nativity? You wouldn't believe the beautiful sets they offer here!
- So charming!
Presenting Heartstring Samplery's Beth Twist!
April 19 and 20th or April 21 & 22nd, 2023
The classes will be the same -- except for the happy personalities of all of us there!
Two fun stitching days in our She Shed! No project details yet... but as soon as have some, we'll post! Beth 'came' via ZOOM in 2000. It was fun, but we really missed having her in person... so this is our 'Official' Re-Invite for a lovely new project! She does lovely samplers... and fun friendship-themed pieces. We'll have a great time!
Registration is open now. Fee of $250 includes all class materials and goodies, snacks and refreshments. $50 Due at registration, balance due February 21st, 2023. Cancellations before Feb 21 receive funds paid less $50. Cancellations after Feb 21 may receive kits with no refunds, or partial (TBD) refund if we can fill the space.
Come spend a few days with Cynthia Zittel of The Drawn Thread and Beth Ann Seal of Summer House Stitche Workes. I don't know what your projects will be yet, but both ladies are excited to be presenting! I'm thinking some sort of garden samplers with special stitches... some cool patriotic something... some fun smalls... we'll see!
Officially our Summer Event begins with Happy Hour at 4:45 pm on Thursday, July 13th. The Designers will already be here, and Magic By Mona Finishing Classes are happening on Wednesday the 12th and Thursday the 13th. Our She Shed Stitching Room opens that Monday for the Early Birds! So, you have several scheduling options here, and you can come early to stitch. Your event will include Thursday evening's dinner and program, all day classes with each Designer on Friday and Saturday, delicious lunches included, yummy snacks, door prizes and treats... lots of fun things for several days! We will be doing our stitched pin-cushion exchange and silent auction for Happy hands charity again - we raised $4400 to donate at our 2022 weekend! Mona's Wednesday and Thursday finishing classes are optional and additional - well worth your time and efforts! There are numerous hotel options near the shop, and more and more our ladies are choosing Air B & B's as that hotel alternative.
Total fee is $395 - which includes all the projects, meals and snacks... tons of stuff. Questions? Call the Shop! 888-543-7004
$50 due at registration, $125 charged after Jan 1st 2023 to reach funds paid of $175. Balance due May 13th, 2023. Cancellations before May 13 receive funds paid less 50.00. Cancellations after May 13th are non-transferrable and receive no refunds.
Come join us for a She Shed Class - Val Danish will be designing something cute and fun, and Cecile from Just Another Button Company will be bringing her clay, tools and ovens to guide YOU through making your own buttons for the projects! Val loves Halloween and Christmas... and I don't know if we'll have multiple smaller ornament-sized things, or something larger, holiday or not. She and Cecile are great friends and they are always collaborating!
We Welcome Val's Stuff and
Just Another Button Company
October 6th & 7th, 2023
All day Friday and Saturday, you'll be stitching and creating... can't get much better than that! Class is limited to 45. Everything will be included for your projects, along with yummy snacks all weekend. Meals are on your own, but remember our shopping center and corner have 13 restaurants so good food is not a problem! Fee is $200. $50 Due at registration, balance due August 7th, 2023. Cancellations before Aug 7 receive funds paid less $50. Cancellations after Aug 7 may receive kits with no refunds or partial (tba) refund if we can sell your space. (but you miss that awesome button-making!)
Kimberly was JUST here for our Grand Summer Stitching Event but the party sold out so fast that we've re-booked her to come back this next year! Pictured here is Hummingbird's Garden - it WILL NOT BE your project in 2023. I put it here to show you the beautiful exclusive sampler she just did for us... it's kind of like a 'serving suggestion!' It's not available, but you'll get something just as wonderful from her class! Gorgeous florals, pin cushions and samplers - our Samplers Not Forgotten page will show you lots of Kimberly's offerings.|
Your Friday/Saturday She Shed class with Kimberly is limited to 45. The event fee of $250 includes all the projects, yummy snacks and a few door prizes and favors... along with a lot of stitching fun. Meals are on your own - our 13 restaurants within walking distance of the shop do not disappoint!
$50 Due at registration. Balance is due August 21st, 2023. Cancellations before Aug 21 receive funds paid less $50. Cancellations after Aug 21 may receive kits with no refunds, or partial refund (TBA) if we can sell your space.
Our last She Shed class for 2023... we are thrilled to bring back Linda Lautenschlager of Chessie & Me along with Miranda Weeks of Week's Dye Works! I have no idea what the girls have up their sleeves, but I think you will be rolling up yours, because Miranda might put you to work - dying! Linda does the cross stitch design, Miranda does the linen, threads and wools.
We Welcome Chessie & Me and
Weeks Dye Works!
November 17th & 18th, 2023
Again, class is limited to 45. Again, the $250 fee includes all your class materials, yummy snacks and drinks, fun prizes and favors... and two full days of stitching and fun! Don't know if the shopping center will have more restaurants leased by next year... but our 13 do just fine for us!
$50 due at Registration. Balance due September 18th, 2023. Cancellations before Sept 18 receive funds paid less $50. Cancellations after Sept 18 may receive kits with no refunds or partial refund (TBA) if we can sell your space.
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2022 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.