6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Presenting Heartstring Samplery's Beth Twist!
April 19 and 20th or April 21 & 22nd, 2023
The classes will be the same -- except for the happy personalities of all of us there!
Two fun stitching days in our She Shed! No project details yet... but as soon as have some, we'll post! Beth 'came' via ZOOM in 2000. It was fun, but we really missed having her in person... so this is our 'Official' Re-Invite for a lovely new project! She does lovely samplers... and fun friendship-themed pieces. We'll have a great time!
Registration is open now. Fee of $250 includes all class materials and goodies, snacks and refreshments. $50 Due at registration, balance due February 21st, 2023. Cancellations before Feb 21 receive funds paid less $50. Cancellations after Feb 21 may receive kits with no refunds, or partial (TBD) refund if we can fill the space.
Look at What Heartstring Samplery has sent!
Beth Twist has been busy, three new charts have now arrived..
- Love & Joy - A excerpt taken from The Wassail Song - also known as Here-We-Come-A-Caroling - this is worked with one shade of hand-dyed thread, on any neutral color and count you want! Measuring 119 x 61, it'll finish about 6-1/2 x 3-1/2 on 18/36ct. A pretty little thing, it has a few quilt-inspired motifs on it... and would look lovely in lots of other colorways. Lots of options for you!
- Ye Old Noel - Beth's late 1800's sampler is unmarked, undated, and missing a lot of stitches, not to mention its strange color scheme! It's disorganized and she loved the jumble of motifs squished together. So, she's reworked the colors, filled in a few missing stitches and added the word NOEL to give it a second chance at life! The pictures are bitty, but the urns of flowers and the 4 different borders are lovely. You could even do just that NOEL motif as a small pin cushion. Measuring 153 x 127, the whole piece finishes a beautifully petite 8-1/2 x 7 - a tiny Holiday surprise! DMC conversions are included but this is charted for Weeks and classic hand-dyed flosses.
- Winter Comes - Wow, here's an example of what different fabric colors will do for a piece! This is the same design - stitched on black or a lighter neutral! Inspired by Beth's love of the season and children's poetry, she wrote a few rhymes to highlight her snowy winter scene. The house with glowing windows, smoke wafting from the chimney, animals in the yard, and falling snow... it all looks so different on each of the fabrics - but the thread colors are THE SAME! Stitch it with or without the words - 'with frost and snap and gust and snow... with branch and howl, and drip and blow... with wool and boot and mitt and mug... with curl and book and hearth and snug.' Charming!
Heartstring Samplery's Beth Twist has sent new designs!
- Scary Sampler is the BEST! Beth designed this and stuck in all sorts of references to spooky stuff - all from all her favorite movies and TV shows. 18 Different scary things in here... can you find the Beetlejuice snake, the alien heads and seed pods, the LOST numbers, Cathy's Ghost from Wuthering Heights? Beth lists them all inside the chart, so after you read all that, this is a MUST HAVE! Stitched on Weeks 32ct Cocoa with a variety of hand-dyeds, it finishes approx 15-1/2 x 13-1/2. Stranger Things Demogorgon heads... shovels and hands from The X-Files, even the Death Star! It is really a fun and creative piece!
- Say Coffee - Beth's next installment in her Coffee Elixir series... it features a red, green and 'various-shades-of-brown-coffee' color palette, and charming quaker-inspired motifs all with another fun quip concerning coffee! *If you can't remember my name, just say COFFEE and I'll turn around!* Presented as a chart, 36ct Hogbristle linen, various handyeds, it finishes approx 9 x 11 on 36ct.
- Dressmaker's Sewing Kit - This is a set of three pieces - motifs taken from a larger unfinished antique sampler in Beth's collection: a sewing tray, needle book and drum pin cushion. The little girl who stitched the original sampler 'might have made' these pieces for her sewing kit based on the motifs in her sampler. Beth talks about finishing techniques in here... and color changes... if you want!
- Seahorse Soiree Biscornu - Beth is in love with the 'quirky, bizarre and crookedness' of biscornu cushions. Since she loves the ocean, she decided a water-party was in order... and invited seahorses, mermaids, whales, turtles, crabs and jelly fish who seem to float everywhere! Colorful and just for fun!
Heartstring Samplery's Beth Twist has sent three new charts.
NOTE: Beth is scheduled to come teach at Silver Needle April 21 and 22 of 2023! (remember 21,22,23) We're taking reservations now... no class details yet, but it'll be a small class in our She Shed - limited to 40! I don't even have it on the Events Page yet... so call us! Early-bird notice!
- Love Letter is dedicated to all the different people - US - that Beth meets at her stitch events. Having a lot of fun with her design, she talks about changing skin tones or cuff colors if you need to, just to match YOUR nation of stitch friends. Move around the rings, stitch a different number of hands... her pin cushion measures 4 x 4-1/2 as it is on 40ct.
- Charlotte Ash 1827 - Quite an old little sampler in Beth's collection, it was stitched using wools, silks and cottons. You see the bleeding from the black threads in her pic of the original. Pretty border, bold basket of flowers and seashells!
- Baby Got Backstitch - The third in Beth's series based on lyrics of songs from the 80's and 90's. You get a whole lesson about it inside the chart... makes the whole thing really fun to study! She talks about changing colors of fabric and thread... and wouldn't that repeating pattern that surrounds the middle be cute just as a small pin cushion?
New Releases from Heartstring's Samplery's Beth Twist
- Bee Still My Heart - This is the release of our project that Beth did for us at our Summer 2020 retreat! SO pretty, she made a sewing roll decorated with Quaker motifs and floral sampler motifs... all with a bee theme. Picture This Plus Legacy Linen, Weeks flosses, the colors are pretty - Havana, Lancaster Red, Oscar, Red Pear, Twilight and Whiskey. The case has a matching strawberry cushion by Erica Michaels - which was also part of our retreat. (See that matching design on our Erica Michaels page.) Beth's design is presented in chart format.
- Really Friends - Another release of a previous exclusive design, inspired by Jane Austin - it measures approx 7-1/2 x 11 on 32ct. The bottom band looks really charming with the castle and carriage on it, but we'll know more when the patterns are in our hands! Available in a chart format.
- Mercy Megginson 1849 - Beth describes this as a 'bright and cheerful' piece: Mercy was 11 when she stitched it, and it finishes approx 10 x 12 on 32ct. Chart includes lots of genealogical research into her life story - which always makes the stitch more fun and the finished piece more special. Weeks and Classic Flosses, 32ct Fox and Rabbit Hogbristle.
- Five Songbirds - An adaptation of part of Mercy Megginson's sampler- I see Adam and Eve on there, so I think it's part of the bottom area. Good colors, cute trims... Same fabric as the main sampler.
- Festive Little Fobs Travel Edition - Beth has 12 other Festive Fob collections - they are the CUTEST things! Travel joins the collection with a dozen tiny designs suitable for small fobs, cushions, needlecase decorations, whatever! I can't see them all in here, but I see sunglasses, palm trees, an airplane and I think The Collesieum, so it will prove fun to use for vacation momentos!
- Small Samplings - This is a full-sized multi-page book featuring 5 small samplers and 3 pincushions - all being Beth's reproductions of antiques in her personal sampler collection. Full color photos, clear charts, all the fabrics and counts, as well as threads vary throughout, it looks pretty good! This is a limited Market release book - probably not generally released till May, but we brought ours home from Market.
New Offerings from Heartstring Samplery's Beth Twist!
- Merry Birds - A set of 4 pin cushions, each features winter birds doing festive things - (not really SURE they do them in real life, but lets imagine, here!) Beth says she's used bright vintage-inspired colors.
- Christmas Bells Sampler - A festive border of green and red bedecked with silver bells surround a portion of the lyrics from 'I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day.' Stitched on 36ct, this will finish a generous 11 inches square!
- Until We Meet Again - Beth's basket of flowers surrounded by fluttering moths - she's inspired by her flower beds and their 'Visiting October Pollinators!' Stitch count is 148 square.
- My Wish for You - A Small pin cushion - make it for someone you love! Weeks flosses...
New Arrivals from Heartstring Samplery - Beth has been BUSY!
- The HF 1837 Sampler - Beth says this gorgeous sampler features an intricate floral wreath, some lovely alphabets, two monograms representing Jesus and Mary as well as a fantastic lobster! Mmm, it'll be fun to see the design when i finally arrives next week! Finishes a generous 11 x 15 on 40ct!
- Perry Pryor - Beth tells us there is strong evidence that this charming and primitive sampler was stitched in the 1830's by a boy. It features two large deer, a tree, some playful bands and a sweet saying. *Perry Pryor is my name, and with my needle I work the same, that everyone may plainly see what care my parents take of me* It finishes about 6 x 12 on 36ct.
- Hoop, There it is - Beth's sequel to her previously released WIP it Good Piece! Choose whatever colors you want to work with - it uses only one color of thread. Actually the repetitive design is really cute. It features two little stitching chairs facing each other, a bird perched atop one of them with a needle and thread in his beak, and there are scissors and spools forming the corner designs.
- Tudor Rose Biscornu - Beth's 5th floral biscornu-shaped pin cushion... it finishes towards a generous 4-inches in size, and features stitching on both the top and bottom.
New Patrioics from Heartstring Samplery - Due Any Day!
- A Plant of Rapid Growth - This sampler features the quote by George Washington of Liberty being the 'plant of rapid growth'), a vining floral bower over a white house, bald eagle motifs, an Americana shield and a pretty floral border. Measuring 211 x 157, it finishes approx 13 x 10 on 32ct Picture This Plus Heartland Linen and is worked with varied hand-dyed flosses. I love all that busy-ness in the background!
- Liberty Pin Drum and Justice Needle Berry - this is a matching set of cushions both stitched on Heartland linen as well. Hand-dyed flosses from Gentle Art, Weeks and Classic, they make a charming set!
- Oh The Deep Deep Love of Jesus is the 5th installment of Beth's series of Sunday Church Hymns. (See it below with the rest of the series.) On the plainer side of some of her designs, they seem to fit the music rooms at church don't they? We have an auto-ship on this series if they are something that you want to collect... stitching is always optional. ;)
This is a set of favorite Church Hymns set to cross stitch instead of music! Soft colors, you can choose most any neutral background fabric for these.
They all finish somewhere around 4 or 5 x 8 or 9 inches in size.
My Necessity and Springtime Pin Drum
Beth Twist from Heartstring Samplery has a couple of new charts...
- My Necessity continues her set of big, long band samplers inspired by old music. Lyrics from the old song, she's tucked them in between all sorts of neat stitched borders, so you don't even notice them at first! Choose one hand-dyed color of thread (but you can change that if you want), and a fabric you like. On 36ct this will measure 7 x 13.
- Springtime Pin Drum - A rotund little stand-up cushion, we can't really see all the sides on this, but I think tulips go all the way around. *Bloesem* is the word I see spelled across the top... maybe the chart mentions something about that inside? It's only 3 x 10 on 36ct, and uses Weeks hand-dyeds of Bluecoat Red, Clockwork, Concord, Curry, Grasshopper, Oscar, Parchment, Red rocks, Sanguine and Teal Frost.
Sunday Stitches - Amazing Grace, Next Door, Be Mine Biscornu and
Heartstring Samplery has new releases that are fun. One is the beginning of a new monthly series!
- Sunday Stitches - Amazing Grace - This is the first of a series of 12 designs that feature lyrics from classic church hymns. Amazing Grace is our first. It measures 149 x 70, and is worked on Picture this Plus's 32ct Oaken Linen with Classic Colorworks Campfire, and Weeks Gunmetal and Loden hand-dyed flosses to finish approx 9 x 4-ish. Promises to be a neat set of designs... so we are beginning an auto-ship for the monthly chart releases.
- Next Door is something you HAVE to stitch for every friend that has moved away... or never lived close in the first place! The model is stitched on 32 Oaken using Weeks hand-dyed flosses. It measures 107 x 69 in stitch count... fun colors of Banana Pudding, Boysenberry, Charcoal, Clockwork, Grasshopper and Islamorada.
- Be Mine Biscornu features bluebirds and love letters. Choose a neutral linen, this is stitched with Weeks Baked Apple, Beige, Deep Sea, Dove, Hibiscus, Molasses, Moss and Whiskey. 107 stitches square, you can stitch just the top piece and make a little square cushion if you want!
- Let Your Light Shine - Here's a fun thing to work up to make someone smile. It calls for 32ct Gunmetal Linen - use something to remind you of a dark room - just make sure you can see it! Using just white, 444 and 647 DMC floss, it stitches in a jiff and finishes approx 5 x 7-ish.
Ding Dong Merrily on High, Joyful Joyful and Let Our Gladness Biscornu
Heartstrings Samplery has a trio of new designs to help boost your Christmas Spirit!
- Ding Dong Merrily on High can be finished two different ways - you can see that on the chart cover pic. The main piece measures about 5 x 9 on 32ct, while the smaller out-take ornaments measure just 40 x 40 stitches - so under 3 inches! Make small cushions, little block stand-ups, or the cute banner in the pic. I love how different the smaller bits of the bigger piece look when they are separated!
- Joyful, Joyful - A Quaker-inspired piece, choose your favorite color of hand-dyed thread for this, and fabric that makes you happy. Go over one or two... the trio of smaller ornaments in the pic are finished into 3-inch hoops.
- Let Our Gladness Biscornu is a simple cushion - worked in Kohl, Moss, Mustard Seed and Old Red Paint. Stitch count is 101 x 101, but the little cushion will finish a little more than 4 inches in size.
Farm Folk & Penny Cushions and Seeds of Love
Heartstrings Samplery has released two new patterns - and they are here!
- Farm & Folk Penny Cushions features two designs with little round 'penny' designs on their edges.
'Here a Peep' measures about 5 x 6 on 32 - it has the CUTEST little farm animals all over it! Pigs and cows and sheep - it is super cute.
The 'Folk Bouquet' is smaller - about 4-1/2 inches square. It actually has the same flower on it as the Farm one... but Beth color-coded it NOT in sunflower colors!
- Seeds of Love - Just a sweet pattern that measures about 4 x 4... it's stitched with a few Weeks hand-dyed cottons. I like the finishing trim - it's rik-rak that is glued to the inside edges of the frame!
You Make My Heart Happy and WIP It Good
- You Make My Heart Happy - Heartstrings Samplery has a new release - a 6 x 10 sampler full of her favorite things - houses, birds, flowers, her Farmboy's initials, her cup of coffee and her stitching scissors! Stitched on 32ct Picture This Plus fabric with Weeks hand-dyed cottons, you can add what ever else makes you happy, as long as you can chart it.
- WIP It Good - This measures 117 stitches square and is stitch with Weeks dye Works Grits thread on 32ct Weeks Dove colored linen. She's put little scissors and threaded needles in here - to signify the WIPs of the 2020s - your Works in Progress. Might be an area you'd want to personalize or something. If you put this over one on 25ct Lugana (something most everyone can see), it'd make a pretty biscornu. Put a gorgeous button in that center area, it'd be less than 5 inches and finish into a pretty cushion.
Bee Garden and Honey Bee Pin Drum
- Bee Garden - Beth is a beekeeper! So... she MIGHT BE out in her bee garden! A delightful little flower scene complete with lots of flowers to pollinate, this measures 192 x 74, and is stitched with hand-dyeds or DMC flosses.
- My Shadow - This is Beth's logo - charted. It was taken from an antique paper cutting by Hans Christian Anderson. She added the verse onto the skirt... 'With only a silver needle and a string from the depths of my heart, I will stitch love and beauty into the warp and weft of the world.' It's actually quite large - 191 x 292 in stitch count - and even on 40ct over two you'll need 5 skeins of Weeks's Kohl floss!
Flanders Fields Biscornu and Honey Bee Pin Drum
- One of the new charts by Heartstrings Samplery, Honey Bee Drum is a small medallion design that is finished into a little drum-shape stand-up. The top features the small hive design, that quilt star with the initial is on the bottom of the piece. Stitched with Weeks Bees Knees, Cattail, Deep Sea, Dirt Road, Grasshopper, Havana, Lancaster Red, Oscar and Red Pear. It finishes only about 3-1/2 inches in diameter and 4 inches high.
- Flanders Fields Biscornu - A tribute to fallen soldiers of WW1 and the poem by John McCrae, this 102 x 102 square design is stitched over two on 36ct Weeks Confederate Gray Linen with Weeks hand-dyeds of Caper, Carolina Cecil, Concord, Loden, Onyx, and lots of Red rocks. The biscornu features slightly different designs on each side, and is presented as a chart
The Mary Pearson Sampler
Beth reproduced this for the Sandy UT Historical Society Museum. She has 4 pictures in here of actual areas of the original piece that are 'very strange indeed.' She has included LOTS of instructions, and lots of thoughts on how stitches were executed in the original.
Fun reading, there are 25 pages of the chart in here... and one-over-one detail, so probably not for a beginning stitcher to tackle. Charted for DMC floss, the book is a treat to look through... stitch count is 262 x 427.
Sewn in Friendship
These are a collaboration between Heartstring Samplery and Plum Street Samplers. We'd seen Paulette's half... and now we have a pic of Beth's half - they meet amidst the motifs! (The Heartstring half is shown on the left, and the Plum Street half is on the right.)
They are sweet pincushion-sized things - probably about 4 x 6. *A Pin Keep or a Pin Give!* We love them!
Berry Bowl Sampler, a Collaboration between Heartstring Samplery and The Scarlett House
Wow! This is her collaboration with The Scarlett House! *Life is sweeter when shared with Friends.*
This is stitched on two different pieces of fabric, then joined together. SO... you can each stitch your half... and share it... so your stitching is on one side, your friend's is the other!
Stitch Count for the Entire Piece is 200 x 200... I think this will NOT get lost on the wall!
Consider the Lilies & His Eye Is On The Sparrow|
Consider the Lilies
Oh my goodness... Beth has created her companion sampler to His Eye Is On The Sparrow! (Lilies is on the left... Sparrow is on the right.)
She is celebrating her first 'book' design - "complete with staples and 8-1/2 x 11 pages!" Consider the Lilies is HUGE - just like Sparrow. Packed full of charming motifs and tons of details... it'll be treat to have stitched in the shop! We don't have specific numbers yet or a color listing... but from the pic it looks stunning!
His Eye is on the Sparrow
Wow... is sampler is a KILLER! It is so large and eyecatching... you'll fall in LOVE with it! It's a Garden of Eden sampler -- with a bit of real estate in there -- but that's artistic license! *His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me*.
The stitch count of this is 435 x 363, so it finishes approx 31 x 26 on 28ct linen. It's stitched with Weeks and Gentle Art hand-dyeds and is just brimming with charming sampler motifs everywhere.
If you are an over-achiever... you could always take your favorite motifs out of here and make coordinating pin cushions out of them to display next to your finished sampler... or arrange some of them down the sides of a runner, or scatter misc things onto larger pillows... this piece is so charming, it can be the central decorating theme of a room!
His Eye Is On The Sparrow is already in print - it has been for several years. Beth has printed a limited number of that chart (which is also still available in the smaller chart format) in the BOOK format to kind of go with Lilies.
- A Stitcher's Bequest Project Labels - Well... kind of for fun - or for real? Stick one of these on the back of something special you've stitched... and it'll provide your wishes for all eternity!!!
- Precious Littles - A set of 5 pin-cushion-sized little bits...
- A Dog's Last Will and Testament - This might make you cry! It's what a dog loved about his life and what he is wishing for the next little doggie that can come home in his place! It is REALLY SWEET and it needs to hang in EVERY Vet, rescue shelter and dog groomer's offices everywhere... not to mention a home that has ever loved a dog!
Kind Words & Peace Band Sampler
Beth Twist has a couple of new charts that have arrived in the shop.
- Kind Words is pin cushion-sized at 74 stitches - so about 4-1/2 inches on 32ct. Simple and pretty... make it and toss it into that big bowl of mis-matched pin cushions you have... it offers great advice!
- Peace Band Sampler companions Beth's three other samplers: I've Got My Love, My Funny Valentine and It Must Have Been the Mistletoe. *Oh I've been smiling and dreaming about the world as one and I believe it someday it's going to come.* Just like the others, this is worked in one color of hand-dyed thread. The dividing bands are very different from each other - so fun to discover when you study them. Measuring 125 x 235 - it finishes approx 8 x 14 on 32ct. Pretty pieces of needlework to hang on the wall... you will be able to tell who pays attention to your stitchery when they comment on the verses they read! (To see this sampler better, be sure to look at the larger copy by clicking the image at right.)
Tons of Fun
Beth Twist has been releasing all sorts of unique and creative designs these past several weeks.... float your mouse over the individual images to see their names.
- Pins & Orts - A 4 x 4 pin-cushioned-sized piece... make it into a jar topper for Orts, a cushion, or maybe even applique the flat stitching to a little flannel 'stitching place mat!' Colors are pretty, and the florals look old-fashioned.
- Thankful Life Pinkeep - This is a super-functional finishing treatment for a stitcher! Beth designed a little stitching sampler - reminding us to 'Count our Blessings Everyday'... and then she turned it into an over-the-arm-of-the-chair caddy and added a scissor sheath, a pocket for threads and a pin cushion on it! It can personalize your stitching chair! How cool is that! Presented as a chart, with finishing instructions... so neat!
- T is for Turkey - This continues Beth's growing alphabet series. Not releasing in alphabetical order... they're all just cute, all measure 80 x 80 in stitch count, and they make you happy!
- Tea Ball Ornaments - These are different! You are stitching ON THE METAL MESH of a tea ball container! Actually, that screen is really 36 to 40ct! The chart contains 4 designs and instructions for HOW to accomplish these 2 to 3-inch stitching wonders! What fun ornaments... especially for a tea-lover! All the antiques and strange things pop-art uses for stitching were the inspirations behind these for Beth... you'll need to find your own tea-balls, so ornament size can vary.
- Acorn House Pin Drum - This is just a delightful Autumnal scene... a warm house surrounded by tall oaks... that Beth has finished into a round pin cushion drum. Stitched with Weeks hand-dyed flosses and trimmed with Lady Dot's mini-ball trim, it finishes about 3 inches in diameter and 4 inches high.
- Fruit Basket Pendant - Another cool way to finish a stitching project, this is a traditional fruit basket design that is stitched with one strand of Weeks hand-dyed floss over one square of 32ct silk gauze. Actually easier to see than 32ct linen, you are making a whole cross stitch, and filling in the background with black. Then, the tiny 1 x 1-1/2 inch oval bit of needlework is mounted into a wooden cut-out pendant/frame/ornament piece. Just 45 x 67 in stitch count... I think this would make a really pretty ornament addition to your tree! Kit includes chart, gauze, threads, backing felt and hanging ribbon, wooden piece and instructions for assembly.
Brown Birds Biscornu and Wedding Sampler
- Brown Bird Biscornu - Biscornu-shaped pieces are really two square designs that are joined together by off-setting the corners from each other. That shape really changes the looks of the designs and changes ordinary into a very curious little cushion shape. You see 'hints' of the stitching on the other side, so you can't help but pick it up and investigate. Brown bird is full of rich browns, teal blue and cranberry red color. Stitch one or both designs.
- The Wedding Sampler - Lots of repeating motifs in this busy and happy Marriage sampler. The little tiny farmhouse is surrounded by so much love! The border moves back and forth, the roses are sprouting out of the pots - like 10 children! Those evergreens in the yard are so even and calming, but then there is all that commotion going on in the yard... it's John and Zella's homestead! Stitched on 36ct linen, this will finish a generous 14 x 16, and it uses A LOT of thread! (at least 6 skeins for that busy yard of grass.)
The Choose Your Own Motto Sampler
What a cool idea Beth had with this design... she's done a pretty floral border, and given YOU the option of filling in ANYTHING you want to say... instead of one of her verses. Of course, we can all do this with ANY pattern we have... but you never think of that. You're going to need some graph paper, and charted alphabets to use, but think of something fun and see what you can create! Stitch count of overall border is 205 x 171.
*On a side note... Rosewood Manor has a book of 101 charted SMALL alphabet fonts... which is just incredible. A wonderful reference book - regardless of whether or not you stitch her main sampler - it's the kind of thing that comes in really handy with a project like designing your own motto!
Where Liberty Dwells
Heartstrings Samplery has a fun little design that speaks Patriotic, but with pretty 'samplery' flowers and vines.
Measuring about 4 x 15, Beth has it finished into a 'Huswife' - a roll that features a lining of pockets to store sewing implements. It'd make a pretty basket band... and a neat long pin cushion as well to perch on a widow sill. Coded for Weeks hand-dyed flosses.
Heartstring Samplery has 6 new charted designs -- and some super-cute miniatures of her things in stickers!
- Festive Little Fobs - Barnyard & Teatime Editions Beth reports that she is kind of *Fobbed-Out* these days, but did have two more subjects to add to her set of 12 OTHER Festive Little Fob charts. The tea cups are cute, but the Barnyard collection steals the show because of the goat on top of the barn and the tiny animal stack! 9 bitty designs in each chart, if you are an over-achiever, and you actually stitch all of these... they will bring your Festive Little Fob collection to 126 pieces! (If you were on our FF Auto-Ship, we did NOT continue it with these two, as they were not part of the promised original set.)
- The Cat Sampler - *A house isn't a home without the ineffable contentment of a cat with it's tail folded about it's feet.* So there you have THAT! Measures 173 x 134 - approx 8 x 11 on 32ct. Coded for hand-dyed flosses, it's very cute and eyecatching!
The Stitching Life, Coffee Drinker's Confession & Stitch or Die Pincushion
Three more fun charts from Beth...
- The Stitching Life Sampler's verse reads that *I could use a little more stitching in my life!* It has a tiny pair of scissors in there, beside a threaded needle. It measures 150 x 223 - so quite big actually - 10 x 14 on 32ct!
- Coffee Drinker's Confession - The 5th Coffee Elixir design - this cutie measures 150 x 70 - so 10-ish x 4? on 32ct.
- Stitch or Die Pincushion - Don't take that the wrong way!!! :) Finishes a little under 4 x 5 on 32ct... just a fun cushion to tuck into your bowl of smalls!
F is for Friend
This is the 9th alphabet letter Heartstring Samplery has done. (Yes, she knows there are 17 more to go, but she is NOT releasing on any schedule.) Beth did the original design of this for our A Little Help From Our Friends Stitching Circle last year... and is now releasing a different version of it.
Joining A is for Acorn, B is for Beekeeper, C is for Coffee, M is for Mermaid, O is for Old Glory, and P is for Pomegranate... the numbers don't add up, and I think either this isn't #9... or we forgot some! Either way, chart... charming design... get it and make it for a friend!
Presenting Festive Little Fobs!
Beth has now finished a set of 12 charts -- one every month -- doing a HUGE collection of really TINY cushions and fobs! Itty Bitty -- (less than 30 x 30) like 1 x 2... berries, fobs, cushions, disks, flats, whatever you want them to be! Chart 3's theme is Stitching. Chart 2 is Springtime. (#1 is Valentine, which has just arrived.)
When you are finished, you'll have something like 110 smalls! Give them to 110 friends, or nestle them all in an awesome wooded tray or woven basket. Make some two-sided, finish them flat for ornaments... ANYTHING!
Charted for Weeks flosses, do everything on the same fabric, or mix and match... you decide! Remember, they are small, so you can probably get away with 5 or 6 inch scraps, some even smaller! Get out your finishing velvets and trims... this is going to be an AWESOME set of designs!!!!
Joining from the beginning will include all the charts released so far at $10 each, subsequent releases will all be $10 each. This collection introduced in February of 2018... it finished early, in December of 2018.
C is for Coffee
Well that doesn't need more explanation! Heartstring Samplery's next Alphabet letter celebrates her favorite things other than family and stitching... COFFEE!
Stitched on Picture This Plus's hand-dyed 32ct Linen, presented as a chart.
New Designs from Heartstring Samplery
- Prarie Life Sampler This is Beth's special sampler available first to the shops that attend market this next weekend... so it came home with us! It features a family, their horses, wagon, homestead and a lavish garden of floral urn sampler motifs. The verse reads; *The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful, to be happy with simple pleasures and have courage when things go wrong.*12-1/2 inches on 32ct, hand-dyed flosses throughout.
- Festive Little Fobs and Queen Bee Cushion Two more charts featuring smaller designs... the Stitching Edition of the fob chart is the first of a set! There are 10 different tiny (less than 30 x 30 in stitch count) designs in here, very cute finishing and trims are featured. Queen Bee Cushion measures about 3 inches round. The finishing uses two different Lady Dot trims -- stacked together!
- Coffee Bean Sampler *My birthstone is a coffee bean!* Just a fun piece -- her 4th in her (*Magic Elixir Series*) -- do just the center section with the verse and your name... or add the other parts... it depends on how much coffee you've had to drink before you started stitching! Whole sampler finishes approx 6-1/2 x 10 on 18/36ct, and features all good coffee-colored hand-dhed threads.
M is for Mermaid
Heartstring Samplery has a new 'letter' design - it is her 6th in this ongoing collection. A simple circle that measures 80 x 80 in stitch count... this one features swimming mermaids amidst the billowing seaweed and little fish.
Pretty hand-dyed colors, this will finish only 2 x 2 if you go over one on 40ct... it'll be 5 x 5 if you choose 32ct. Cute ornament or pic cushion!
Winter Snow Stocking
This is a pretty little stocking that can be stitched over one thread on something small to make an ornament. It has a stitch count of only 40 x 100... so if you try to make it into a regular-sized stocking, THAT person won't be happy because it won't be big enough for Santa to fill!
On 36ct, it'll finish approx 2 x 5... threads used are only Weeks Seagull and Pelican Gray, so it looks frosty, wintery and chilly! *Winter snow soft and slow.*
Once Upon a Summer Huswife and A Little Quaker
Heartstring Samplery has two new designs that look kind of fun to stitch and finish. Both present in chart format.
- Once Upon a Summer Huswife is a sewing case design -- Huswife in an old term for such a case. Stitch count measures 71 x 247, so on 32ct, this would finish approx 4-1/2 x 15-1/2. Adjust the fabric count, it'll change the finished size a little. The inside is simple, finishing instructions are included, and the outside is covered with charming trees, urns and florals. Asst hand-dyed flosses called for, you could even repeat some of the designs to decorate the inside of your case!
- A Little Quaker measures 101 x 93 in stitched size -- or 6 x 6-ish on 32ct. Frame it, make a stand-up cube, or put it on something smaller -- like 28 over one and get a 3-1/2 inch pin cushion! Hand-dyed flosses by Weeks, Gentle Art and Classic... just a pretty little thing!
All the Pretty Flowers
*... live forever in my heart.* This is a lovely pin cushion design that finishes approx 5-1/2 inches square on 32ct.
A few soft shades of hand-dyed flosses... it's simple, but very pretty!
The Apostle's Creed
This is the entire Apostle's Creed charted with some traditional sampler motifs and dividing bands tossed in for color! Beth has charted the original words from 1662. The stitch count is 131 x 425, so it'll finish approx 8 x 26-1/2 on 32ct.
Charted for DMC or hand-dyeds of Poblano Pepper, Calico Kitty, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Brandy, Wood Smoke, Harvest Basket, Shaker White, Loden and Red Rocks, there are no special stitches on this, although you could add some if you felt like it!
*First I drink the coffee, then I do the things...*
What a fun thing to hang on your kitchen wall near the coffee pot! Grab a smattering of different hand-dyed brown flosses... this finishes approx 9-1/2 x 11 on 36ct.
Great Quaker motifs, it just speaks for itself! Presented as a chart.
Beth's #2, 3 and 4 of the alphabet have released... each design measures 80 stitches in diameter. Presented as charts, coded for Gentle Art threads or DMC.
- A is for Acorn -- there are little squirrels on there!
- H is for Holly -- the wreath of holly is really kind of neat because it doesn't repeat easily to your eye.
- P is for Pomegranate -- little primitive cross stitch border is charming on this.
Be Kind Always
*Everyone is fighting a battle you can't see.*
Well, I don't think it's the couple in the sampler, though!!! A charming courtship scene, everyone loves the pattern on her skirt!
Stitched over two on 32ct Gingerbread Linen, the colors in this are rich brick red with denims blues and browns. Finishes a little smaller than 11 x 11.
Let it Begin With Me
A bitty pin cushion-sized design, the measures only 59 x 77 in stitch count, so over one on 28ct it's only 2 x 3-ish!
Pretty hand-dyeds, just a simple design... you could do Satins on the sawtooth border!
O is for Old Glory
By Heartstring Samplery... the pattern reads 'The Alphabet Series #1' -- so YES, we will be getting 25 more of these -- but not in ABC order, and NOT following a rigid-timed-released-schedule! YEAH! (who cares about schedules anyway?)
O is for Old Glory is stitched on 32ct with just seven shades of Gentle Art Sampler Threads. Let us know if you want a box!
Coffee Saves Lives
The first of the magic elixir series... this could be interesting! The 195 x 195 stitch count sampler finishes approx 12 inches square on 32ct, and features a rather unusual verse for an antiquey-looking sampler! *Coffee Saves Lives!* Cross Stitches, Eyelets and French Knots in here... it is charted for hand-dyed flosses with a conversion to DMC.
Just a 'sleeper design'... whip it up and hang it on your kitchen wall! It'd be really fun hanging in a coffee shop as well!!!
Grand Old Flag Pin Drum
Grab a bit of 32ct linen, Sampler Threads of Brethren Blue, Parchment, Old Hickory, Endive, Piney Woods and Ruby Slipper, and two yards of Lady Dot Vintage Rick Rack... and you can make this charming patriotic-flavored little drum cushion! Pretty dusty colors of the thread, that softly dyed trim and the gentle variations from your fabric -- this is sweet.
Presented as a chart, the drum finishes approx 3 x 4. Choose some wools for the top and bottom if you like, and even add a scissor pocket -- if you are an over-achiever! OR... finish this into a square cushion to add to that fabulous basket of cushions you are growing project-by-project!!!!
Handprint On My Heart
You'll always be with me, like a handprint on my heart Choose a favorite fabric and lovely shade of hand-dyed silk or cotton floss... this stitching measures 114 x 64 in total area... so approx 7 x 4 on 32ct.
Presented as the chart, Beth has personal thoughts in here, as well as info for finishing. One of several new designs we have, click the pic to see the rest!
What a fun piece to hang in your foyer or guest room! Come in the evening or come in the morning -- come when you're looked for or come without warning. Friends always welcome on Pincushion Street.
Not an original verse and it turns out that there are several *Pincushion* streets and avenues around the world as well! Doesn't make this any less charming! The big blue house is a combination of Brethren Blue and Bayberry Sampler Threads -- and this finishes approx 15-1/2 x 9 on 32ct.
Feniscowles Hall 1834
(Oh, change that name!!!) This would make a neat anniversary sampler!!!
We were more precious each to each than any other thing. Add names and wedding date... you could even turn this into a family recording.
There is quite a mansion on here... and the yard is stunning... it finishes approx 16 x 11-1/2. There's an alphabet for personalization -- make sure to get plenty of thread in the same dye lots before you begin this!!!
The Bird Collection
Goldfinch, Grosbeaks, and Mourning Doves... just three modest cushion designs that finish 4 x 5-ish.
Each is stitched with soft and faded Gentle Art Sampler Threads.
Wow... this is quite a unique piece to stitch -- SUPER SOLID on stitches, and bold on color. Inspired by an old Gutenberg woodcutting image in a vintage children's storybook, we are treated to this almost solidly-stitched pastoral scene.
With a stitch count of 295 x 221, Beth has worked this on 36ct Spruce linen -- so it finished 16 x 12. It'd be cool in a hallway for foyer -- can you see the fox that is JUST sneaking away??? Hidden by the trees????? Love all those solid areas of x's with no interruptions!
The Holly Bears the Crown
A sweet pincushion piece, this measures approx 4 x 4 over two on 32ct -- so if you changed that it could be *really little!* Pretty hand-dyeds along with the cute mini-ball fringe trim, just a simple piece that'll add a Christmas touch to your basket of stitch pun cushions!
Presented as a chart.
Heartstring Samplery's Beth Twist has reproduced an antique sampler that is full of pretty roses and mossy greens along with lavish flowers and floral urns. Choosing a 28ct linen, it'll finish approx 14 x 18... something smaller like 40 will give you a charming 9-1/2 x 12 piece! She thinks it's from England... no date on it... but that's for YOU to add to YOUR sampler!!!!
Offered as a chart, it is stitched with Pebble Beach, Roasted Chestnut, Old Brick, Country Redwood (2 skeins), Woodrose, Pomegranate, Caramel corn, Endive (4 of those!), Light Khaki, Goldenrod, Dove, Tin Roof, Dirt Road, Collards and Pink Sand. I don't know what's more fun... the color names or gathering them all together to imagine how a finished piece is going to be!
A Thankful Heart, Sweet Summer Pin Square and Pomegranate Birds
A Trio of primitive florals... finish them anyway you like, here are three different presentations.
- A Thankful Heart -- A sweet Pin Cushion, on 36ct this finishes approx 4 x 5, it has soft, dusty colors. The Sawtooth border is cross stitch, but you could do Satins instead.
- Sweet Summer Pin Square -- This is finished as a little 3 x 3 pin mattress!!! The neat sampler edging is really a scrap of fabric... do you have a SKINNY border design you like??? Stitch IT and make it the mattress border!
- Pomegranate Birds -- I love this one! A striking design very organized and full of color... it's super primitive and truthfully would make a stunning pillow finished with raw silk and some neat tassels. On 32ct this finishes approx 7-1/2 x 9. Fun way to highlight your initials too!!!
Permit Me Not to Stray, Rachael Holmes and Never Let You Go
Oh my goodness... I LOVE all three of these!
- Permit Me Not to Stray is an Adam & Eve piece that has such a lavish Garden of Eden... I missed them in there at first! 197 x 197 Stitches... the colors are rich Pomegranate, Gold Leaf and Avocado... the border doesn't over-power that gorgeous garden...
- Rachael Holmes... What a gorgeous little divided band sampler!!! There are straight stitches in the central band right below the row of the house and animals. It is full of detail, VERY pretty color, and actually quite striking because there are so many bands packed together in this 10 x 12 piece!
- Never Let You Go -- I wish I was a little seed. I'd grow and grow and grow. I'd twine myself around your heart and never let you go. Isn't that the sweetest verse EVER????? This is a wonderful sampler -- it'd make a lovely wedding present, or housewarming gift... even a family tree piece. Alphabet at the top is elegant, row of flowers is pretty, the verse is so cool, and that whole bottom area is totally fun, especially with all the animals in the front yard!!
Lasting as Eternity, Harvest Sampler and The Dog Sampler
- Lasting as Eternity -- Tis religion that can give sweetest pleasure while we live, tis religion must supply solid comfort when we die, After death its joy will be lasting as eternity. Beth's re-creation of an antique sampler, stitch count on this is 226 x 198, and it is worked with Gentle Art's Sampler Threads.
- Harvest Sampler -- There are turkeys on this! Give thanks aloud to God, to God the Heavenly King, and let the spacious earth his works and glories sing. With a grateful heart
- The Dog Sampler -- With the exception of women there is nothing on earth so agreeable or necessary to the comfort of a man as the dog. How fun, you could remember some special family pets on this one... it measures 173 x 134 in stitch count and has satin stitched shingles. Beth Tent Stitched the grass to save time. She and her husband have taken over her in-laws Labrador breeding company... and she's still found time to design and stitch a sampler about it!!!
On The Oregon Trail, Ann Taylor and Remember Me
- On the Oregon Trail -- I love this one! In celebration of Oregon's 150th year as a state. Farewell our Illinois home... there are bison and covered wagons in here... chickens and quilts, and a STORY about a family making the historic Oregon Trail trek. There are 3 pages of story and sampler motif explanations in here -- it is really neat. Stitch count is 140 x 342 and the chart is coded for DMC and Week's hand-dyed flosses. CHARMING once you read all the history and Beth's home-made story!
- Ann Taylor -- A traditional sampler -- lots of angles in the flowers and border... the bottom section is actually another piece of linen -- in a different color -- you patchwork it on there -- as a stitcher would have done years ago, because she didn't have enough fabric to finish her piece! 190 x 290 Stitch count -- the colors are DMC, 300, 356, 420, 680, 3011 and 3052. I think I'd change them a little -- less orange.
- Remember Me -- VERY reminiscent of a 17th Century English Band Sampler, this is worked all in cross stitch -- no double running or queen stitches! The verse is nagging all to remember her when her bones are rotten in the grave!
A Weaver's Shuttle, E Pluribus Unum and Summertime Coverlet
This is a trio of monochromatic pieces -- all on a light beige hand-dyed done with Gentle Art's Uniform Blue hand-dyed floss. Think about changing the thread color to a red or green or even a light golden brown -- look around your setting and see what would look good. No rules here about which color to use.
- A Weaver's Shuttle -- My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle. Stitch count is 153 x 126.
- E Pluribus Unum -- A lovely patriotic piece, minus the red and white! 139 x 103.
- Summertime Coverlet -- Mimic the colors in a favorite quilt and hang this in the same room!!! 165 x 310.
For Spacious Skies
Heartstrings Samplery has a new design -- For Spacious Skies -- that 'pops' with patriotic red colors. Work it on anything you like -- stitch count is 110 x 100.
Weeks flosses of Grits, Schneckley, Palomino, Grape Vine and Collards along with Sampler Threads of Brethren Blue, Pomegranate, Endive and Ruby Slipper -- I just love the red color and the green leaves against the light fabric. The pattern of the leaves is small and repeating -- just like the bricks on the house -- it all has a neat balance to it. Offered as the chart.
Instead of Sheep
Here's a sweet piece to stitch and hang in your guest bedroom. By Heartstring Samplery, the verse comes from the song I remember from White Christmas... 'When you are worried and you can't sleep....' Offered as the chart, the stitch count is 130 x 121 and it'll finish just 9 x 9 on 28ct. Not too big at all -- so it's FINISHABLE!!!
Classic Colorworks flosses of Blue Corn, Barn Door, Country Lane, English Ivy, Hazelnut, Honeycomb, Muddy Puddle, Polliwog, Peanut Brittle and Tennessee are called for. I like all the cute motifs in here -- they must the be blessings to be counted -- not a sheep in sight!
Church Doll Sampler Roll
Heartstring Samplery's Beth Twist has a few new designs... I think this Sampler Roll Pocket is especially charming! With a stitch count of 123 x 210, this is a patchwork sampler that is finished into a rolled pocket to hold a precious fabric doll, and maybe a few miniature dishes!!! Inspired by antiques... Beth even supplies information abut the teeny dishes in here!
Stitched on Weeks linens, there are two different colorway options included in the chart, as well as basic doll instructions. (Olde Colonial's Miss Penny doll might fit in here...)
Sweet Land of Liberty
This is a sweet needle cushion... with a stitch count of 105 x 54. Worked on 32ct linen, Beth gives info on coffee-staining the fabric in case you want a more primitive look.
Pretty Sampler Thread colors of Country Redwood, Shaker White, Old Hickory, Uniform Blue and Endive. Offered as a chart.
Spring Flame Pincushion
Bright colors on this neat Bargello piece... Weeks Cattail, Dove, Blue Spruce, Monkey Grass, Grasshopper, Lichen, Busy Lizzie, Dahlia, Teal Frost, Maple Syrup and Ohio Lemon Pie, this is trimmed with Sea Glass mini ball fringe by Dames of the Needle.
Offered as a chart, it measures just 115 x 65 in stitch count. Offered as a chart.
Anne M Franks 1825 Sampler
Wow... this is a pretty piece... very unique as far as antique sampler designs goes. It is a pair of floral wreaths gently curving around the verse which reads: With all thy soul Love God above, And as thyself Thy neighbor love.
Beth considers this an *Antique Sampler Reproduction* rather than a *Faithfully Reproduced Antique Sampler* because she didn't chart it for the originally un-even woven linen, and faced challenges matching the original colors. It is lovely, though... one of her favorite pieces! Offered as a chart.
Sweet Lovers Love the Spring
A smidgen of a quote from Shakespeare, this is worked on Week's 40ct Angel Hair linen with Corn Husk, Copper, Brandy, Woodrose and Apple Cider hand-dyed flosses.
There is a matching fob that is stitched and covering a silver dollar piece. It is finished as a pin cushion on the chart cover.
Oh, better buy enough floss for this little guy! Stitched on Week's 40ct straw linen, this has a stitch count of 349 x 249, so will finish approx 17-1/2 x 12-1/2 in size. Beth took two years to get his charted and chose DMC flosses because she didn't want the hand-dyed varigation effects. The original sampler is faded, but not streaked like hand-dyeds would have given you.
A pastoral farm scene... lots of animals everywhere... the border is gorgeous and lush... but, wow... there is a lot of solid stitching in here! Offered as a chart.
Stitcher's Resolution Sampler
*1. When in doubt always buy more linen and thread.*
*2. Stitch all day and absolutely no housework allowed.*
*3. Always start a new project before the last one is finished, requiring a return to number 1.*
Well........ I'm not sure this is a recipe for a happy family life... but it sure would make a cute sign to hang on your stitching stash closet/room door! It'd be appropriate assembled as a sewing case too!
Presented as a chart, the stitch count is 171 x 139, so it'll finish about 11 x 9 on 32ct. Quite a fun subject matter, don't you agree???
It Must Have Been the Mistletoe...
Something to get started on for NEXT Christmas (if your stitching schedule is already full for this season!) ... this monochromatic piece features the words from Justin Wilde's Christmas song.
Stitched in only one color of a hand dyed thread, you can choose any fabric you like -- this model is worked with Gentle Art's Piney Woods floss -- and you can change that color, too, if you wish! Stitch count is 125 x 233.
*It must have been the mistletoe, the lazy fire, the falling snow, magic in the frosty air, that made me love you.* Offered as a chart.
Housework is for the Birds
A cute design by Beth Twist, this has been worked on 28ct Natural linen that has been coffee stained for extra mange! *Housework is for the Birds.* Beth discusses just 'why' something is 'for the birds'... a little bit of history included in this chart -- that accents this charming piece!
Finishing approx 11 x 5-1/2, it is worked in Sampler Threads of Moss, Grecian Gold, Nutmeg, Loganberry, Apple cider, Caramel Corn, Otter Creek and Pecan Pie. What makes it especially enchanting (besides the verse and its history) is that bird itself! It is appliqued fabric and wool! We can supply the wool, you'll need a bit of cute printed fabric. I think it's different, creative and can be quite a familial conversation piece!!!
Heartstring Samplery has a new sampler that's so endearing -- it talks about curling up at home during a snow storm -- A Hibernation Day! *I love the snap of winter air and snow flakes on my face. How snowdrifts make the world disappear without a trace. I'll take a day dressed in pajamas in a room without a view if I can spend the day curled up next to you. Lets have a hibernation day, me and you.* (But I want the frosty view too!)
Stitched on 28ct Natural Linen, the stitch count is 100 x 320, so it finishes approx 7 x 23, and is worked with 6 shades Gentle Art Cotton Sampler Threads. This would be stunning stitched in Simply Wools as well!! Offered as the chart, since it'll look good on TONS of different fabrics, instructions are included to distress it if you like that look! (Probably best to distress the fabric before, if you stitch with the wools.)
Three Little Proverbs
Heartstring Samplery has a trio of small samplers that actually would look great all framed and displayed together -- but just fine
all by themselves, too! (time is always a factor!) *For wisdom is better than rubies and all desires cannot compare to her* measures 179 x 86 stitches. *A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.* measures 65 x 160 stitches. *A friend loveth at all times and a brother is born for adversity.* finishes 90 x 165. Everything is worked in just 8 colors of Sampler Threads -- Mulberry, Tarnished Gold, Cidermill Brown, Woodrose, Bayberry, Caramel Corn, Endive and Pecan Pie... and all three are offered in the chart pack.
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2023 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.