Plum Street Samplers
6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers brings us a collection of inspired samplers.
Worked in Cross Stitches, each is coded for DMC floss, The Gentle Art as well as Needlepoint Silks.
||Announcing our 2022 Grand Annual Summer Stitching Event
We are Welcoming Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers
and Kimberly Nugent of Samplers Not Forgotten
July 14th, 15th and 16th, 2022
The festivities always start earlier and earlier every year... so our little She Shed Stitching Room will open Monday the 11th... just in case you're here. Wednesday the 13th begins a Magic By Mona Bonus Finishing class... another of those on Thursday... then the Main Event begins at Happy Hour and Dinner Thursday evening with Paulette and Kimberly. Small-something Thursday night... classes with both ladies all day Friday and Saturday, lunches, fun goodies and treats, lots of snacks and refreshments, a charity silent auction and pin cushion exchange...a stitch lounge at the hotel... a lot going on.
Registration is open now. Fee is $375. $50 Due at registration before Jan 1st 2022. $175 due at registrations after Jan 1st. ($175 due by January 15th, 2022 for the earlier registrants.) Balance due May 14, 2022. Cancellations before May 14th receive funds paid less $50. Cancellations after May 14th are non-transferrable and receive no refunds.
New from Plum Street Samplers.
- Good Company - Paulette loves foxes, and had some living behind her house until they started road work! This is a pretty little piece - 87 x 72 - about 4 x 5 on 36ct. It features an awesome oak tree, bright sunflower, that cute house,and of course the little fox! The model on the cover is trimmed with Lady Dot's Mossy Mini ball trim.
- Goodness and Thanks - A penny rug inspired border surrounds this tiny pilgrim couple - the 1621 on there is the date of their first Thanksgiving. The larger cushion measures 4 x 4, the smaller is 2 x 2, and both are stitched on a neutral fabric with Classic Colorworks of Fresh Brew, Glazed Carrots, La Tierra, Zach Black, Sunkissed, Weeping Willow, Just Rust, Hickory Sticks and Shabby Sheep.
- The Gather Inn - This design features an autumn inn full of pumpkins and the festive arrival of the inn's proprietress, Edna, along with her 'gentle steed Calliope.' Paulette designed this when so many of us were saddened by the realization that gathering with our friends was simply out of the question. But we're getting back to those gatherings again! This one reminds her of Cinnamon Stars she designed several years ago.
- Betsy's Autumn Bird and Acorn - This was the Thursday evening project at our Summer Retreat with Paulette in 2017! (That's our model in the pic - but she's recharted the date so you're good!) The sunflowers on there are cute and the bird is big and fat - even though the little cushion is only 3 x 3. What is REALLY cool, though, is the stitched acorn! Hard to see in the pic, it is a bit of stitching - only 19 x 19 stitches in size. She's stuffed it into an acorn cap - and it is the CUTEST LITTLE THING! 36Ct neutral linens, Weeks hand-dyeds - you probably have all of them in your stash!
New Arrivals from Plum Street Samplers.
Paulette has been busy creating... so here are her latest new treats!
- Hedge Row - Another fun stack of cute little animals, these darling hedgehogs companion all 12 of Paulette's other 'stacks.' (racoons, kangaroos, deer, sloths, fox, llama, turkeys, cows, hens, hogs, goats and sheep.) Big Foot and The Abominable Snowman technically don't count... but they coordinate too! Just as cute as can be, they are all nestled on daisy stems sniffing the pretty flowers! They measure 60 x 90 in stitch count.
- Flirting - Paulette says this is a follow-up to 'Falling' - the same Pilgrim couple - still ooshing and gooshing at each other, but on deer this time instead of sensible horses! I love the trees on there... you could leave the love birds at home, and just do the trees!
- The Equality Sampler - This is lovely! So many pretty design elements in this one, *We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men and women are created equal...* The year 2020 marked the 100th anniversary of women's right to vote. Dedicated to the suffrage movement, Paulette added the names of the three women who were the original champions - who ignited the cause. 180 x 185, Stitched with hand-dyeds, the borders are flowing and pretty, the houses are neat, the flag is big and bold, it'll make a nice statement on your wall!
- Always Remember - This design is dedicated to those who've lost their lives in service to our great country. All the pretty poppies, can you see the quilt block detail as the 'bricks' on the house? Measures 139 x 114.
- Flag Flock & Sheep Keep - Paulette says these three are looking mighty proud in their own private patriots parade. On their backs are symbols of prosperity and happiness, an olive branch for peace and a hospitality pineapple. To keep them in their ranks, you can opt to stitch the little 'Sheep Keep' with its Border collie and her keeper-in-training! Lots of pretty color, too!
4 New charts Arriving from Plum Street Samplers' Paulette Stewart
- My Early Days - Inspired by a sampler Paulette owns, she 'perked up' the blues in her design, because she found that blue enchanting on the original piece. Finishing approx 12 x 12 - pretty generous on 36ct, it has a pretty symetry.
- Adam Names the Animals - Paulette tells us that Eve is not present on the sampler, as God gave Adam the task of naming the animals before Eve was created. The verse on the sampler alludes to the loneliness Adam still felt after each of the animals had been considered as company. Finishes approx 11 x 8 on 40ct.
- Bigfoot Bunch & Abominable Bundle - Oh these two are fun! In Bigfoot, can you find Mama and Baby hiding? The Abominable Snowman is from the Christmas Special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Remember him in there? Didn't Herbie fix his sore tooth? A little digression from the rest of the animal 'stacks' but that's OK... stitch him and wait for people to loooookkkk... and then timidly ask about!
Paulette excels at her Autumn-y colors and whimsey this time of year... and we have 6 new releases to prove it!
- Sweater Weather - Even the little doggies need sweaters this time of year! Blowing leaves, fat crows, hooty owls and a skinny turkey who is hoping to skip Thanksgiving Dinner... everyone is here amidst those swirling leaves. Stitch count is 159 x 71, so they finish about 4 x 9 on 36ct. Coded for DMC and Classic hand-dyed flosses - think about one of the dogs with his buddy on his back, or that glorious central pimpkin... all of this is cute!
- George Decorates for Martha - Paulette says this depicts George performing his Honey-Do List while Martha tends to the free birds. 178 x 99 - It finishes about 10 x 5. Another one to divide up in case you don't have time to stitch it all... the cool stack of pumpkins, the eagle and flag, all the repeating leaves in the background add a lot of visual charm to this!
- Raccoon Rabble - Another STACK design, I think this is my favorite so far! The peeking-from-the-pumpkin one is darling... he's hiding in there, and probably not supposed to be there at all. The sly one above on the branch is looking like he's ready to poke the other one - his sibling - (just to get a rise out of him) - but Mom is looking on... and the baby is just up there because he's timid! Great colors, the corn makes a charming border! 3 x 5-ish.
- Rest A Wile - This is charming! That sly little fox has his eyes closed - like he's sleeping - and that huge, glorious tail is stationary - just waiting to billow and scare the crow out of his berry snack! I LOVE love the busy background of all the vines, acorns, flowers and see the moon? Measures about 9 x 6, this is another one that could break up beautifully into some smaller pin cushions - interrupt the background, and make a set of three!
- Falling - You'll recognize this as one of our past A Little Help From Our Friends Stitching Circle pieces! A pretty 6 x 6 cushion design, it's now the first in a new series of same-sized designs - seasonal - that all deal with falling in love! See the Turkey chaperone up there is the tree? A secret rendezvous!
- Ugly Sweater Weather - Well how cute are these little guys? Donned gaily in their Ugly Christmas Sweaters... there's even a Holiday bone! Measures 207 x 81 - just something for fun!
New Arrivals from Plum Street Samplers.
Paulette has several Summer Releases - for some reason she is really into TOMATOES this time around - maybe she's growing some in her garden!
- Summer Hill - A Companion to Autumn Hill, Paulette tells us that one of the 'hill sisters' is standing next to her garden flag. Stitched in good old DMC floss, the stripes on the flag are over one thread, and the stars on her skirt are dome with straight stitches.
- Nightshade Bird - A fun finishing treatment for this black-and-pink bird who is carrying a cherry tomato vine... I like the primitive x-stitches that decorate the top and bottom edges of the linen. Measuring 3 x 10 on 36ct, you can't see the entire design, but the busy little bird and vine are intertwined with the alphabet. The Nightshade reference in the title again refers back to tomatoes. There are no finishing instructions included for that velvet tomato on top - but probably easily found online somewhere.
- Summertide Blessings - More Tomatoes! Paulette describes this: A Nightshade-loving lady riding atop her squawking steed, showing off her prized tomatoes while carrying her beloved country's banner and counting her blessings. Quite a mouthful! Anyway, stitched on a dusty denim blue shade of linen, it measures 132 x 97 - or 6 x 9 on 32ct.
- Tomato Dame - This another fun one - more tomatoes! 89 x 97... Choose that blue again, or something with a lot of gold in it to contrast the tomatoey-reds... cute pin cushion!
- Grace on Thee - This one is very balanced and organized - and showcases a very talented landscaper! Measuring 128 x 120, it finishes 8 x 8 on 32ct and is stitched on a light neutral. I love the over-one on the flag, all the panes in the windows, all the lines of the bricks - all of that is straight. Then, the topiary evergreens in the garden with the little quilt star motifs on them contrast the squares with circles and points! And, Paulette reminds us to take note of that timely verse at the top!
Plum Street Samplers' Newest Releases are on the Way!
- A New Constellation - A companion to The Heritage Sampler, this piece tells the story of America's most famous seamstress - Betsy Griscom - also known as Betsy Ross. Along with Quaker elements, it features Betsy's three marriages, church and committee meetings she attended... all sorts of interesting stuff! It finishes approx 9 x 10 on 36ct... the floral border is lovely... and if you don't want to commemorate Betsy's marriages in here, stick in your family dates instead!
- Liberty Lodge - Paulette writes, "This design features an old red truck hauling a basket of fresh flowers back from the Liberty nursery. A lone bald eagle sits top one of the blooms, overlooking the comings and goings of guests in the lodge... None of that is true, of course. But it does have a truck, and an eagle, and a lodge and flowers!" (And since they didn't have red trucks in 1776, we have decided that this is the lodge address, not the year! Just a dinky thing at 5 x 6-ish in size.
- My Peaceful Home - Here is a rose-colored house surrounded by deer, birds and sheep in the gardens... that sports a huge peacock on the roof! Stitched on 36ct, it finishes just 3 inches high, and 10 inches long - but if you wrap it into the drum shape, it's a petite 3 x 3!
Sewn in Friendship
These are a collaboration between Heartstring Samplery and Plum Street Samplers... releasing next week! We'd seen Paulette's half... and now we have a pic of Beth's half - they meet amidst the motifs! (The Heartstring half is shown on the left, and the Plum Street half is on the right.)
They are sweet pincushion-sized things - probably about 4 x 6. *A Pin Keep or a Pin Give!* We love them!
Market Previews from Plum Street Samplers
Paulette has sent some cover pics of her upcoming releases.
- Sweetheart Hill - 'I belong with you!' Measures 139 x 120, stitched with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses.
- Noah's Ark VII - Another pair of cute animal ornaments - Llamas and Lovebirds! All the previous charts in the set are still available.
- Shepherd's Pie - This is a mini-take-out from the larger design - A Shepherd's Song - which is also new and coming! Finishing about 4 inches in size, it's shown in a metal tin but makes a cute cushion as well.
- Spring Has Sprung - Designed in the style of the'Hello and Goodbye' series, while this is a complete lie right now, Spring really WILL spring in a few weeks!
- Roo Crew - The next little stack of animals! This whole set of 'piles' is just the cutest... we've had the models here in the shop, and they make a really cool display all piled into a big ol' bowl!
- A Shepherd's Song - Based on the 23rd psalm, a shepherdess in pantaloons changes it up a little! 285 x 178.
Charming New Releases
Due in the Shop by Thanksgiving, all are charts and all use various hand-dyed linens and cotton flosses. YUM!
- Winter Saltboxes - Paulette's 4th seasonal set of these houses... meant to remind us of those old pictures that used to spit out of the camera when we were little... these are snapshots in time of little Shaker houses during the seasons. Snowflakes and reindeer this time around... each pic finishes about 4 x 4. (63 x 81 Stitch counts.)
- Rack Stack - The next stack on animals with a cute rhyming name... it's Christmas... so we get deer! The snow, red berries, soft brown deer and that awesome blue background on the fabric, this companions 8-ish other fun animal stack designs! Lady Dot's Algae hand-dyed trim on there matches the greens in the design.
- For You - Santa is offering his moose friend a candy cane... amidst the falling snow. (Little flakes cover the background, and you can see some on the moose and Santa. The bag of goodies on the sleigh is kind of neat... you can believe it is actually full of those flowers, or they can be the 'idea of awesome-ness' that awaits you! Anticipation! Finishes a petite 5 x 3-ish.
- A Country Winter - What a pretty barn nestled between the evergreens! The grass is pretty green to have that snowman there, (even Paulette attests to that) but he's cute, and the tiny quilt square he's holding is stitched over one thread. Finishes about 6 x 3-1/2.
- Home For Christmas - Quite a festive and grand red house surrounded by the lavish pomegranates and the organized quilt stars. It's bold, and since it says 'Welcome Home,' you just kind of want to be there!
New Designs are Now Here
Paulette has released four new designs - all of them are super-cute!
- Clementine - Clementine is sitting on a white pumpkin in a field of corn and autumn flowers. Her stitch count is 71 x 66, so she measures about 4-1/2 inches square on 32ct. Worked with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed cottons, we love all the brilliant Fall colors in this. Might Clementine be sporting 'an attitude?!'
- Autumn Hill - Measuring 126 x 91, this finishes 5 x 7 on 36ct... and she will have a Thistle Hill design to companion her at Market next March! Glorious flowers all stitched with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed cottons.
- Bless Our Land - There is a new constellation (who knew?) with little Betsy along with her eagle friends blessing our land. 74 stitches square - about 4-1/2 inches on 32ct... this is a cute little piece with an awesome garden vine, that billowing flag and two cute little eagles tucked in there!
- Goody Grimwood - Oh this is fun!!! It's like a haunted house scene, but it has cheerful flowers in the garden! They don't match the house... so it's kind of fun to try to figure out who lives there! Measuring 164 x 150 in stitch count, this finishes 10 x 9 on 32ct, and is stitched with Classic Colorworks cottons.
July's Three New Designs
- THE BEEKEEPER Paulette says: After numerous requests, I'm releasing this as a regular chart. It was inspired by my favorite BBC character, Queenie, from Larkrise to Candleford. (If you haven't taken the time to watch this charming series, do yourself a favor and brew some tea or coffee, settle in with your stitching, and let yourself be carried away by the sweetest story lines!)
Stitch count: 164w x 113h, Fabric used: 35 ct linen, Threads used: Weeks Dye Works.
- SAMPLER LESSON FOUR This is the fourth of five "Sampler Lessons," previously released as partial kits. This one is a fall-themed one, which means it's done in all my favorite colors! Only one more Sampler Lesson to go after this one!
Stitch count: 83w x 81h, Fabric used: 36 ct. linen, Threads used: Classic Colorworks. Paulette suggests you use Lady Dot Vintage Chenille for the trim.
- TIRED TRIO Paulette says: I had a very difficult time when I first wrote this pattern up because I couldn't get the over-one instructions to match the cover photo. After struggling for what seemed like an eternity, I finally realized I had photographed the model upside down! The chart has since been corrected, but if I had not been able to figure it out in time, the poor middle sloth would still look like it had been deceased a few days, given how its legs would be sticking straight up. (Turn the chart upside down - you'll see what I mean!)
Stitch count: 57w x 92h, Fabric used: 36 ct. Linen, Threads used: Classic Colorworks and Weeks Dye Works, Trim used: Mossy chenille by Lady Dot Creates.
Paulette said she is pretty proud of herself for getting her patriotic designs out before the 4th of July!
- Summer Saltboxes - This continues her set of Saltbox houses... we have Summer and Autumn already. This time, she made the flag continue from one pic to the other. 63 x 81, they finish a little under 4 x 5 each and use Classic Colorworks flosses of Black Coffee, Used Brick, Tennessee Red Clay, Shabby Sheep, Muddy Puddle, Sticks and Twigs, Dublin Bay, Pine Needles, Eggshell and Snowball.
- Summer Delivery - Just like her other 'Deliveries' this one has that cute horse... and a profusion of quilt motifs on the sky. The little sheep has a basket on his back, and all those blocks are the flowers coming from the basket. Finishes approx 6 x 10-ish, this one calls for Weeks Dye Works flosses of Mascara, Teal Frost, Flatfish, Confederate Gray, Grits, Swamp Water, Terrapin, Crimson and Baked Apple.
- Peace, Love & Purpose - This one features a colonial couple standing by their humble, quilt-bedecked home. 113 x 100, it finishes approx 5 x 6 and uses Taupe, Whitewash, Garrison Green, Grapevine, Dolphin, Tin Roof, Sanguine, Terrapin, Cocoa and Used Brick. Some good 'sections' in here... you can separate out that gorgeous tulip border along the bottom, or stitch just the house with the billowing flag... very cute!
It's All Here!
- Spring Saltboxes - Companion to Autumn Saltboxes 63 x 81 in stitch count, pretty houses against glorious skies!
- The Wool & Flax Co - A companion to Milk and Cream Co, this is charming! There is a little border collie up there herding his sheep for his mistress, this is about 8 inches square on 32ct.
- Yellow Polka Dot Bikweenie - The next *weenie-dog* pattern, this one is for summer... and one is wearing swim trunks, while the other is sporting that yellow polka dot bikini. This answers the age-old question... it is a YELLOW bikini with other-colored polka dots... or is it an any-color-bikini with YELLOW polka dots? It doesn't look to be a yellow bikini with yellow polka dots, though. 239 x 62 in stitch count.
- Fraktur Friends - If you've been a member of our *A Little Help From Our Friends* Stitching Circle... you might recognize this design... it was one of ours a couple of years ago!
- A Gentleman's Daughter - A companion to Miss Bingley's library, this features a fun quote from Pride and Prejudice... lots of organization in this... pretty lines.
- Fox Few - The latest *STACK* of animals... just a few little foxes make up this pile of pleasure!
Llama Lump, Goodbye Fall & Noah's Ark VI -- Plum Street's Newest Releases
Paulette is busy dishing up cute things for us to stitch...
- Llama Lump is her latest pile of animals. I thought WHO cares about Llamas... then I took a stroll through Hobby Lobby this morning and saw a million Llama things!!! Cute, cute, cute, same size as the Hens, snorts, cows, gobbles, and sheep, these actually have a little Holiday flair to them.
- Goodbye Fall - This companions Paulette's 4-Seasons set of Hellos. I don't think she's going to do 'exit designs' for the rest, this was just sort of a fun transition. You get a turkey in there but a big cardinal too. Finishes 9 x 5 on 36ct.
- Noah's Christmas Ark VI - This is the final chart in this PLANNED series of 12 ornaments - all fun and different animals we don't usually think about. Paulette says she'll do more to match them, but no specifics on that now. Ravens and Deer this time, these have all been charming! Scroll down just a bit to see the entire series.
Plum Street Samplers Announces The Noah's Christmas Ark Ornament Series
This is Paulette's 2018 year-long series. A cute series of animals straight from the Ark!!! 12 Different designs in all (plus the free Noah's Welcome Mat that warns to wipe hooves, paws and feet!), they will release as two (58 x 48) ornaments per chart every other month or so.
Stitch them as individual ornaments or a complete sampler piece; they are coded for Weeks Dye works hand-dyeds and a few DMC flosses. Promises to be a cute set! We'll begin an atuo-ship for charts if you want to collect them all.
This set began in February of 2018, and is now complete.
Five New Designs - Gobble Gob and Autumn Saltboxes are just two!
Paulette Stewart has sent the cutest new designs! Click the pic to visit her page with all the details!
- Gobble Gob - This is the newest animal stack - it features a turkey family all perched in a field of Autumn corn!!! All the autumn/checkerboarded/quilty sunflowers are charming... and so is that little turkey chick! Finishing the same size as the rest of the Animal Stacks... about 3 x 5, Paulette discusses two different fabric choices for this one!
- Autumn Saltboxes - Nick-named the Salt Shakers! 2 Houses, each 63 x 81 in stitch count, these look gorgeous! She has them finished as flats, but they would make 3 x 4-ish pin cushion pillows as well. Great colors, and again those charming quilted flowers in the backgrounds!
Miss Bingley's Library
This chart has a quote from Jane Austin's Price and Prejudice, and Paulette's stitched model is currently hanging in her book-loving Mother's library!!! I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library!
Stitched on 36ct, it finishes approx 6 x 8, and is done with a combination of Weeks and Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses. (also coded for DMC.) I bet you know someone who would love this!
Look at all those fun repeating Maple leaves, the quilt-motif sunflowers, the stack of pumpkins, all the little acorns everywhere and even the repeating windows in the house! Everything is so scattered but yet so organized! Betsy Ross's house in the Autumn season... who wouldn't want to live here? Even the smoking chimney swirls are charming!!!
184 x 130 on 36 ct, this finishes approx 10 x 7 and is full of yummy hand-dyed color!
This design features a beautiful sentiment found on some antique samplers, and two stitching friends holding up a Quaker cornucopia of flowers. 158 stitches square, it kind of 'has sections!'
The verse, the houses and the florals... How much to be prized and esteemed is a friend on whom we may always with safety depend. Lots happening in this 9 x 9 petite piece!
- Crone of the Hill - A neat house, a cool fence and the 'lady of the house' right there on top of the hill... Paulette said her daughter teased her about being the oldest 'crone' still living on their street! So Here she is!!! Finishes approx 5 x 7 on 32ct.
- Buzz Off and Eat Crow - Definitely an awesome pair of designs shown finished as pillows... these measure about 9 x 9 on 32ct. I LOVE the birds, the sayings, the motifs all over them, the colors... EVERYTHING about these two! Fun and Fresh!!! Each is offered as its own chart.
- Blue Skin -- George Washington had two horses he used in battle; Blueskin and Nelson. Blueskin -- the more skittish of the two is featured in this design, and the tree they are standing under is George's legendary cherry tree. Paulette also left George out of uniform -- because he and Blueskin are now retired! 7-1/2 inches square on 32ct.
- Merfolks' Eden -- Ms Paulette loves Adam and Eve samplers and Mermaids, so decided to join them in this fraktur-style piece. She's included a puffer fish, dolphins and narwals (I'm not at all sure what those are!!) and eels for the serpent in her underwater Garden of Eden. 162 x 111.
- Cow Pile -- This is the 4th design in Paulette's Barnyard Friends collection -- which is totally NOT supposed to be a set of designs at all! So, if you like these little blessed bovines all stacked up -- get them NOW for your stash and stitch them later! 56 x 90.
- Hen Peck -- The chicken pile! So darn cute... this measures 64 x 92 in size. This is the 6th design like this... wouldn't they be cute all nestled together in a pin-cushion bowl?
- Scary One -- Bowl Fill of Scaries -- This was originally released as a kit as the first design of Paulette's Scary Serial Bowl Series. Life changed, and kits have not gone forward. The design is now being offered in chart format, with the rest of the Serial Bowls (at some point) being released in chart format as well.
Plum Street Samplers has new designs!
Goat Load, Sheep Heap and Snort Stack
Paulette has a trio of designs that are so cute together!!! All measuring 54 x 90 in stitch count -- 3 x 5 on 36ct -- choose between goats, sheep or those precious pigs!!! (I love that little 'bacon bit' at the very top!) Anyway, pretty colors, Lady Dot's Vintage colored Chenille trim is used in the finishing. Can't choose a favorite between these three!
NOTE! Serial Bowl Samplers #3 has been brought back as a chart only. Look farther down the page to order that one.
Paulette has 7 new designs!
See if there are any that charm their way into your stitching stash!
We think she's into COWS these days!
- Bovinia -- She is grazing in her glorious field! Only 86 x 61 in stitch count... put her on 25ct Lugana over one and she'd make a 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 pin cushion! Pretty pinks and greens of classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses.
- Woolemina -- A framed tart design from Paulette's Sweet Shoppe Series, it measures just 70 x 74 stitches. Not a cow like the other two, we love her colors of DMC and classic Colorworks in here!!! This would make a charming round cushion too.
- The Milk & Cream Co -- Back to cows! These are festive -- each has his own Quaker motif coat. Then trees are fun -- each has swirls for the greenery. Even the scalloped hills are charming, and super-high in pattern repeat like the flowers. 123 x 127 -- about 7 x 7 on 18/36ct. Eye-catching!
Pennsylvania Fraktur & Babushka's Bees
- Pennsylvania Fraktur reminds me of Paulette's set of 4 seasons that we already have. Same flowing vine style, same shape... this one uses Bullfrog, Old Red Paint, Charcoal, Sanguine, Maple Syrup. Hazelnut and Mulberry hand-dyeds -- pretty cinnamon reds and that warm olive green. Finishes 7 x 3-1/2 on 18or 36ct.
- Babushka's Bees -- Here she is in the Spring and Summer, instead of in her pumpkin patch in the Fall. Lots of bee hives all over that feature patterned stitching on them, all the little flying bees are so cute! I know you can't really see them from the picture, but they all have little feet, wings and stingers! All the dangling vines add pink and green details... this finishes approx 8 x 4-1/2 and is stitched using Classic and Weeks hand-dyed flosses.
A Hundred Ways and Soul Sisters
Friendship and Love... A matching set of designs with a neat shape and simple, bold font.
A Hundred Ways could be a wedding announcement.
Soul Sisters could be a really neat gift for a friend.
I think you could make that one into a two-sided pin cushion -- each half is 60 x 70 -- so it could be a 3 x 4 cushion... or you could even stitch the floral band 4 times and make a little mattress out of it!
Yuletide Shanty and Hello Winter
Plum Street Samplers has 4 new designs - these are just two!
- Yuletide Shanty is a cute little cylinder/drum shaped pin cushion. Finishing about 5 x 5 it features Santa sailing towards your chimney!!!!!! SO DARN CUTE... the bottom features a verse: Old Saint Nick, He sails the seas, his beard grows long so he won't freeze! He's standing on his poop deck on the top of the drum... verse on the bottom.
The sides are also super-cool -- all the way around there is a big whale under the sea - amidst seaweed, fish, a little decorated Christmas tree, and wrapped presents!!! Way up there on the creative scale... this is a keeper!!!! Presented as a chart, stitched with DMC or hand-dyeds.
- Hello Winter - The 4th of the seasons, this features wintery greenery, cardinals and a little winter wren. Measuring approx 4-1/2 x 9... this whole set has been charming. Contemporary, clean, pretty, very different from a lot of Paulette's other designs... I think you could hang these in anyone's house, anyone's office, anywhere... and they'd be right at home!
Sampler Houses #V and VI... obviously joining the first 4 in this series!
Two new big houses by Plum Street Samplers... Paulette is celebrating the gorgeous pieces of real estate that grace samplers through time!
- #5 Actually looks like a contemporary red brick house in my neighborhood! I had to do a double-take! I think she's playing the reds and blacks against each other - black and red birds - very organized. The windows and shingles on the roof are repeating patterns... and then the white windows and the white birds eyes! Very crisp!
- #6 Is simply gorgeous! I'd like to live here! All Toasted Marshmallow and Charcoal hand-dyeds... it's dark and quiet, stately and organized. A well manicured garden of trees on the estate... I Love everything about this one!
Six New Designs Have Arrived
- Heritage Sampler -- Honoring the American flag and it's history from the colonies to today, it features a stanza from America The Beautiful as the sampler verse. There are a lot of charming design elements in here... Pilgrims, Soldiers, mountains, waves and prairie corn... and a pristine White House. Pretty border, pretty colors! Measuring approx 9 x 10 on 36ct, choose the hand-dyeds or DMC it's charted for.
- Blackbird Fraktur -- Something for Autumn -- that big harvest moon, the sunflowers and that green pumpkin... and all the acorns scattered everywhere, the gorgeous blackbirds are striking against all the colorful background. Measuring a generous 13 x 6-ish in size on 36ct, the moon and birds will really highlight the color variations of your hand-dyed flosses. I love that little wrought iron fence down at the bottom!
- Hello Fall -- The third of Paulette's 4-season set, this if a generous vine of pumpkins and leaves, with a plain blackbird (as compared to those Fraktur birds!) and a quilt-motif moon! Pretty colors, this finishes rather large -- like the Spring and Summer already released -- at 8-1/2 x 4-1/2.
Friends of the Hart -- This is gorgeous! It features a Hart (a red deer that Paulette made decided to do in grey instead!) leaping among lavish Fall foliage. There are forest animals all over in here -- squirrels, birds and a little fox -- and lots of stunning florals like those pomegranites.
Love it, Love it... it finishes approx 13 x 8-1/2. Lots of movement, lots of details!
New from Plum Street Samplers
Paulette was here this weekend for our Summer Stitching Event. All the models of her pretty new things are (and were) here... so it was fun to receive her e-mail about them... WHILE she was teaching at our event!!! Everyone had first 'dibs!' -- because she brought the charts along AHEAD OF HER RELEASE to us!!! Charming designs, all are presented in chart format and are here NOW.
- A Thousand Hills -- Celebrating little creatures of God, Paulette wanted to add more color -- besides orange and black -- to an Autumnal scene. Measuring approx 8-1/2 x 11, lots of hand-dyed cottons used, and verse is stitched over one. I love all those sheep and cattle ont he rolling hills!
- Berry Cottage -- SUPER charming... the little berry-colored house has the most interesting garden -- aren't the sheep on the hills fun? and the berries, and the miniature house on the vine...! Finishes approx 5 x 6 -- that little house is over one. Hand-dyed cottons, with DMC conversions if you need them!
- Judge Not -- We really like this one! check out all those little sheepies -- every one of them is different! Finishing approx 12 x 5 on 36ct, Paulette has a little black and brown throughout... but lots of fun details on each little plump fluff of a sheep!
- Sampler Houses III and IV -- The next two in this set of houses (no idea how many there will be in all), each measures 98 x 99 in stitch count -- so all the same size. One is patriotic -- cute row of decked-out sheep on there, the other is for Fall. Gorgeous colors in #3, pretty repeats in the motifs... you get lots of organized pattern in the summer evergreens, repeating scallops in the sheep, and the bold checkerboards of the window panes.
#4 Has all the round repeating berries and curly corn leaves, and then the little angular sunflowers all packed into that little scene! If you put them on 28 Lugana or something like that over one... they'd be 3-1/2 inches square -- perfect little pin cushions!
from Plum Street Samplers
Expected this week are four charts by Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers.
- Hello Summer is the second of the seasons -- Spring was released this March. Very delicate and flowing, really a pretty presentation, this measures 150 x 83 in stitch count, so would be 4-1/2 x 8 on 36ct -- a generous size! Would make a nice wedge-shaped stand-up for your bookshelves.
- Mariner's Drum -- Goes with the new Cape Cod Keeps, this features a pirate who has dropped anchor to search for sunken treasure. Around the sides of the little drum, you see a swimming mermaid, and you can follow that anchor chain all the way over the edge to the bottom of the sea. Finishes about 3 inches in diameter -- super cute!
- Sampler Houses I & II -- Neat sampler houses both with urns of lavish florals... add a border and some *Family Established* dates, and you have small samplers! Each measures approx 6 x 6 on 32ct... and are coded for Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses.
Cape Cod Keeps
Aren't these cute? Plum Street has a pair of 3 x 4 inch (on 18/36ct fabric) pin cushions that are stitched with hand-dyed flosses on any neutral fabric you like! *Remember Me, Friends are We.*
These would be fun nestled together in a dish -- make them face each other... they are just small and sweet. Lady Dot's 'Rainy' baby ball fringe is the featured trim on them... super good dusky color to have on hand in your stash to finish other things, too! Cape Cod Keeps is just one of Plum Street's new charts.
A little bird singing up high on the housetop -- they can hear him in the cotton fields. Finishing approx 7 x 6 on 18/36ct, just a sweet piece.
The featured trim in the pic is Lady Dot's Snow colored chenille... Mossy, Rainy, or a red-tone would be stunning on here as well.
Lesson TWO of the Serial Bowl Collection
You'll remember that Paulette has a small collection of kits called her Serial Bowl Series. She released each design in kit format, and has waited a year to release the same design only in chart format. Here is Lesson Two.
She has added several different flag options for other countries: Canada, France, Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, Great Britain, England, Germany, Italy and Russia!
Plum Street Samplers -- has four new designs -- another darling wiener dog one and a trio for Spring!
- Teenie Weenies -- Everybody loves these! Companions to her Halloween, Spring, Thanksgiving, Winter and Patriotic Puppies, who knew little dogs could be so festive! Stitch them on just about anything you want -- (they finish 3-1/2 x 9 on 36ct) -- using hand-dyeds or DMC, it is charted for both. A lovely, Springtime dusty purple/gray colorway, checkout the teenie-weenie Weenie dog and his teenie weenie hydrant!
- Hello Spring -- This is an elegant little design! Stitched on a light 36ct, with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses or DMC, the colors are soft and complement each other beautifully. (Deep Fennel 503, Pebble Beach 640, Weeping Willow 3011, Hickory Sticks 838, Perfect Piecrust 950, Muddy Puddle 3021, Secret Garden 3052, Bunny Honey 3790 and Antique Lace (ecru) -- none are bright or heavy. The delightful running bunny in her garden finishes approx 8 x 4-1/2... just beautiful! Lady Dot mini-ball fringe trim is featured on the model.
How cute are these two? A pair of 'well-stuffed stitchers' they look like they are converging on the fountain of youth -- the utopia of a tomato-pin-cushion tree -- ENDLESS pins and needles! I love the polka dot flowers, and that pile of tomatoes is delightful! This would make a fun pillow in a stitching chair, a neat sign into your stitching area, or a huge pin cushion to hold your endless stash of needles! (But they would get lost in there!)
Finishes approx 8 x 4-1/2 on 36ct, this is stitched with Weeks and Classic hand-dyeds of Chili Pepper, Olde Gold, Olive Branch... a lovely color collection.
Another Skinny Rabbit Family pic! This joins Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter as well as Christmas and Halloween -- this one busy mom! This time, we're gathering eggs for Easter. Stitched on 36ct, this finishes approx 8 x 5, and uses Weeks or DMC flosses.
You know... you could stitch just one flower and mom and one baby... and make that a cushion to tuck into a basket display - it'd be about 3 x 4! Same design flavor... less than half the stitching, and that's good if you are on a *stitching time budget!*
Four New Designs
Paulette has 4 new things... all Christmassy in theme... and Cute! Chart packs of all of them.
- Kringle & Woolard -- Santa and his little sheepy, 79 x 114 stitch count, various hand-dyed or DMC flosses... lots of angles everywhere on this one!
- 1831 Christmas -- This is sweet -- dusty poinsettias, that cute swirly sheep, this makes a nice 3 x 4-ish pin cushion, and is trimmed with Lady Dot Mini Ball fringe.
- Jacks's Sweet Shoppe Merry Friends -- Another of Paulette's tart tin designs, I think Santa is skating with a bitty snowman in his mittens, and the little guy is trimming the tree!
- Pomegranate Santa -- An Olde Worlde Santa with an elaborate bag and walking stick! The eight reindeer have Rudolph in the lead -- this finishes approx 8-1/2 x 7!
Olga's Autumn Stocking
Here's a neat shape for needlework finishing ... WHO SAYS stockings are just for Christmas time??? Stitched on 36ct linen, this little guy (stitch count of 152 x 333!) finishes a whopping 18 inches in length... lots of room in there if it gets filled with Autumn twigs and berry garlands.
Gorgeous Autumnal colors, Miss Olga is guarding her pumpkin garden from those pesky crows overhead. Just charming... and a refreshing shape to something for Autumn!
Turkey Bay and Siren Cove
Such a cute pair of designs, the Pilgrim Man from Turkey Bay is on the hunt for 'something' but probably not a turkey! He's got a pretty fancy boat to boot! Well... the sweet songs of the Pilgrim mermaids are luring him... to dinner we suppose??? We can only imagine!
These charts are offered separately -- same stitch count, same fabric, same color scheme, same CHARMING sea creatures, fish and motifs -- and they both finish approx 7-1/2 x 5 on 32ct. Just super-cute, especially if your Thanksgiving happens near the coastline!
A small design of a sheep grazing, on his browning hills of pumpkins, underneath the quickly-turning leaves... that are beginning to swirl!!! Well, you know, imagine a little!
A sweet design, it'd be a good size for a pin cushion, just a quick-stitch!
The Adams Family
Not Gomez and Morticia... this is John and Abigaill. The Adams Family is getting ready for Thanksgiving out in their garden of pumpkins and ghords. Actually, I think there is a graveyard down there -- you could make the stones look more like squash if you want!
Stitch count is 144 x 73, great Autumnal color in this, the vine is cool, and the owl is too cute up there!
Announcing a new Series - *A Bowl Full of Scaries*
Paulette is beginning a new short series of pin cushion designs following a Fall and/or Halloween theme. Presented in kit format -- you supply your fabric of choice -- but she has provided the hand-dyed flosses and the chenille trimming for you. Shipping every other month or so, *Scary One* is the first in the set.
Always cute, most of the rest of the Serials have sold out. (Charts only are promised to release sometime in the distant and unscheduled future, so get them NOW while you can!)
Four New Offerings!
All available in chart format, all Paulette's style and charm...
- Penny Autumn -- Inspired by penny rugs -- look at that gorgeous border of pennies!!! 115 x 91 in count, a light neutral linen and hand-dyed flosses... GORGEOUS colors!
- Mermaid Fraktur -- Hans Christian Anderson wrote The Little Mermaid in 1837 -- hence the date! Choose a sea-side-looking fabric, stitch count is 145 x 108 -- don't the seaweed leaves move just like the mermaid's hair???
- White Pumpkin Farm -- A study in Autumnal colors -- with lots of the *shades of white* tossed here and there for drama! Very pretty balance with the heavy green band across the top, the bold and organized barn in the middle, and all the pumpkins lined up in the fields below. And the border hugs everything with it's tiny dots all around!
New Releases from Plum Street Samplers
A Merry Hart -- *Maketh a cheerful countenance.* The checkered house, the checkered reindeer, the swirly blooms, this is a happy piece! Presented in a chart, it finishes approx 12 x 7 on 36ct, and is charted for Classic Colorworks floss.
Hurt Not the Earth -- Inspired by John Adams... Paulette says *although he was less popular at times with those who worked directly with him, he had a quiet earth-loving side to him, and he seemed to be one who was ceaselessly amazed at the nature that surrounded him on his long morning walks.* Classic Colorworks flosses, this finishes approx 10 x 4-1/2.
Another of Paulette's fun Autumnal designs... this one features Babushka on top of her enormous pumpkin (she used a ladder to get up there). We presume she grew that pumpkin in her lush garden of acorn and golden flowers.
Cute little bird with his elegant little house... the stitch count on this is 139 x 130, it's worked on 36cy, and uses mostly hand-dyed flosses. Presented as a chart.
Serial Bowl Series
Plum Street Samplings has TWO different Serial Bowl Collections going on right now -- her regular Sampler Series, and her Christmas Series (Bowl Full of Merries). Each collection is promised to be 5 charts introduced with overdyed threads and hand-dyed trims -- in their initial release. (We are supposed to be getting all 10 charts -- just the charts -- at some point next year... but I don't know details.)
The Daily Labors of the Bee is #3 in the Sampler Series... 1, 2 and 4 are sold out... #5 is still coming.
The Christmas series (Bowl Full of Merries) has released #1 (sold out) and #2.
We're only picturing those designs still in stock..
Once the Bowls are finished, Paulette has promised she would be releasing them all again in ONLY chart format -- so don't panic if you've missed some of the earlier ones!!! We'll be able to get them for you!
This is a big piece -- 227 x 189 -- so it finishes approx 10-1/2 x 13 on 36ct -- so a little bigger on 28 or 25. Beautiful Gentle Art Sampler Threads... Paulette says this sampler was inspired by the great state of Virginia. Three of the Founding Fathers were born there -- George W, Thomas J and James M -- they are represented by the three flags.
The state flower is the Flowering Dogwood, and the bird is the Cardinal -- both are to the right of the house. The house is really pretty, the fence and borders are organized... it's a very striking piece -- offered as a chart.
John and Abigail
A sweet pin cushion design -- can you see the big white barn against the fabric in the pic? Stitched in Oatmeal Sampler Thread -- choose a fabric that makes it pop a little more. With a stitch count of 122 x 74, this will finish approx 4 x 7.
It might be kind of fun with some 'Chessie Inspiration' in it -- add some Satin stitches to the roof, flag, basket and hive!
Summer in Nantucket and Liberty's Welcome
Here is the final pair of new designs from Plum Street... scroll down to see them all!
- Summer in Nantucket -- Pretty hand-dyeds of dusty blues, grays and brick reds, the scenes on this are so cute!! Stitch it as is, or split up the elements and make them ALL into separate pin cushions to nestle together in their own rustic basket or sea-glass bowl. -- you could even fill the bottom with some sand and a layer of small shells, or the bits of glass you pick up along the beach! Offered as a chart.
- Liberty's Welcome -- Quite a large piece at 349 x 211 stitch count -- this finishes approx 19 x 12 on 36ct! Gorgeous borders and pretty colors, my eye sees 2 halves... so if you're short on stitching time or have small walls -- do your favorite side --- of how about splitting it and doing matching pillows??? Very pretty, Paulette says this goes with her Yuletide and Ghoultide Welcomes! Offered as a chart.
Sunflower House and French Woolens Coming Soon!
- Sunflower House -- 178 x 87 In stitch count, interesting huge man-eating flower on there -- we think it's a glorious Kansas sunflower! Offered as a chart.
- French Woolens -- 88 x 110, Paulette's inspiration from striped French linen tea towels and wooly sheep! The whole thing is darling, and another new chart.
Jeans & Weenies and Betsy's Tart Coming Soon!
- Jeans & Weenies Something new promised to release at Market next week... here is another of Paulette's cute Weenie-Dog creations to celebrate Summer!!! Darling dachunds dressed in denim -- lusting after that equally festive fire hydrant -- aren't they the cutest? Yummy hand-dyed berry reds, denim blues with taupes and tans... this is offered as a chart. It finishes approx 4 x 7, and is accented with equally yummy mini-ball fringe -- Vintage -- by Lady Dot Creates. Paulette finished this as a large pin cushion... but she backed it with actual demin jeans -- and used the pocket to store a pair of scissors!!!! (Hint: hit the consignment store for baby blue-jeans... those have pockets small enough to fit on the back of your pillow.) Super fun, and you can get it finished in time for next summer!
- Betsy's Tart joins the small collection of tart tin designs, which are all on our Plum Street Pages. She is offered as a chart. and... right now... check out PARTY TINS-- it is TRENDING!!!!!
Merry Brew and Merry Ewe
Plum Street Samplers has a pair of new designs -- small and charming for Christmas -- we love her cinnamon and dark red color scheme!
- Merry Brew -- Charted for Classic Colorworks Balsam Fir and Hickory Sticks. Also The Gentle Art in Antique Rose, Caramel Corn, Cherry Bark, Dried Thyme, Oatmeal, Old Hickory, Parchment and Sable. A really cute piece featuring Santa and two of his reindeer. This measures 106w x 100h -- 6 x 6.5 on 36ct. Lovely colors, this is presented as a chart.
- Merry Ewe -- This design is part of the Jack's Sweet Shoppe series. Santa sheep is presenting Mrs. Santa sheep with a Christmas candy cane. Charted for DMC B5200, The Gentle Art in Antique Lace, Endive, Espresso Bean, Garden Gate, Heirloom Gold (only used for 4 stitches), Portabella and Weeks Dye Works in Baked Apple. Stitch count is 77w x 69h -- 4.5 x 4 on 36 ct. Finished in a little tart tin, this would also be cute as a pin cushion.
Goodness & Plenty and Autumn Gifts
Plum Street Samplers has a pair of new designs -- Autumn is her favorite time of the year -- so MORE pretty things with that gorgeous cinnamon and golden color scheme!
- Goodness & Plenty features three smaller designs shown finished as pin cushions. DMCs or hand-dyeds, lots of fabric colors are suited to these! They all measure in the 3, 4 and 5-ish size.
- Autumn Gifts -- *Every good and perfect gift is from above.* Charted for hand-dyeds or DMC, this one measures 182 x 164 -- 10 x 11-ish on 32ct. I love the balance in this design-- all the small motifs repeated throughout... I see three bands -- the top floral, the bunny running in the flowers and the verse at the bottom. Then, the three separate motifs in the center -- each is neat by itself -- the owl on his branches the AWESOME oak leaves with acorns (just do those as a separate pin cushion!) and finally the moon and stars. Lovely colors, this is presented as a chart.
A trio of awesome new Plum Street Samplers... all are offered as charts!
- Bounty Sampler -- This is a neat harvest piece. LOOK at the movement of the motifs! The pumpkins are bold and organized at the top. The leaves in the center are all leaning and look like they're blowing everywhere! Scarecrows in the cornfields, and that little skinny-tailed turkey -- it's all cute! Worked with 11 colors of Weeks and Gentle Art flosses, it finishes approx 8 x 9 on 36ct. Choose any light neutral color of fabric you want!
- Labor for Learning -- 'labor for learning before you grow old, for it is better than silver and gold.' 108 x 118 in stitch count, just a pretty piece that I think someone who teaches might really appreciate! 11 shades of Classic and Gentle Art Sampler Threads.
- Blessings Abound -- Words over one, the colors in this are stunning! A little pot of pumpkins and flowers, the acorns in here are pretty cute too. Glazed Carrots, Brandied Pears, Peanut Brittle, Wilderness, Manor Red, Caterpillar, Cinnamon Toast and Antique Lace -- all Classic Colorworks -- this little guy measures 59 x 57 in stitch count.
What a peculiar personality to this kitty -- perched atop her festive pumpkin!!! That gorgeous moon in the background, and the delicate autumn berries on the vines,she's just the cutest thing!
Finished inside a metal baking tin (details about purchasing included in the chart), she measures almost 4 inches round on 18/36 ct. Coded for 11 Sampler Threads or DMC, offered as a chart.
This luscious blackberry vine in the elegant stone urn has overtaken the garden of the main house! Stitched with Sampler Threads of Tennessee Red Clay, Amethyst, Wood Trail, Pebble Beach, Antique Lace, Aged Pewter, Moss, Endive, Cappuccino, Cobbled Peach, Garden Gate, Black Licorice and Currant.
It is worked on 40ct to fit into one of Lone Elm Lane's Concrete-finished wooden sewing cabinets. The opening area is approx 9 x 12, and this piece completely fills that opening. Offered as a chart... cabinet is a special order.
A pretty Summer House complete with the lavish strawberry vine... check out that little eagle climbing the flag pole! With a stitch count of 94 x 68, this'll finish into a 4 x 5 cushion on 36ct.
Fill it with crushed walnut shells, add some soft chenille or rik-rak trim to the edges, and tuck this into that ever-growing basket of pin cushions you are making!!!
This kind of DOES look like an Inn all deck out for the Holiday! Stitched on 36ct hand-dyed, Paulette has decorated the house with Quaker-inspired stars, and there are little festoons all along the wrought iron fence! She's stitched the roof vertically to manipulate the hand-dyed floss color variations -- can you see that? -- and tried to stitch 'stones' on the house making light and dark patches with the Shaker White floss.
This has a stitch count of 173 x 119 and calls for Wood Rose, Shaker White (you'll need two skeins), Oatmeal, Piney Woods, Garden Gate, Tin Bucket, Cottage Blue, Brethren Blue, and Cherry Bark.
Three New Arrivals
Paulette is full of Patriotic Spirit this time around... here are three smaller designs all offered in chart format, We have only a few weeks till July 4th... but lots of time still before the Presidental elections!!!
- Party Tarts -- A Bit of Trivia from the chart -- 'The donkey became the symbol of the Democrats back in 1828 when Andrew Jackson used it as a campaign image after being call a 'jackass.' He chose to take it as a compliment, considering the animal's strength. The elephant became the Republican image when a cartoonist named Thomas Nast illustrated a donkey in a lion's skin scaring away zoo animals; one of the animals bellowing back was an elephant, also known for its strength, and labeled "The Republican Vote," Both designs measure about 55 x 60 stitches in size and call for Gentle Art's Freedom, Mulberry and Oatmeal hand-dyed floss. Amazon sells the tart tins on line!
- Winsome Pair -- Here's a little Scottie with his Bald Eagle buddy... a tribute to the Doggies of the White House! This measures 102 x 35 stitches, is worked on 36ct (but you can use anything you want) and finishes in to a 2 x 5-1/2 little cushion. Threads used are Classic Colorworks of Blackbird, Stepping Stones, Pea Pod, Blue Corn, Timber, Ye Olde Gold, Cayenne, and Antique Lace -- or DMC!
- George & Martha -- Here's the happy couple of the season! A fun little piece, they are worked on 36ct (again, choose anything you like) and finish about 4 x 5-1/4 in size. More Classic Colorworks of Used Brick, Bamboo, Bejeweled, Hickory Sticks, Stepping Stones, Fool's Gold and Sunkissed -- or DMC colors. You could do some Satin Stitches in those stars or the windows and shingles of the White House... and maybe find two tiny gold beads for George's coat buttons???
Oh another cute doggy-cartoon! Joining Halloweenies, Winter Wienerland, and Turkey Sausage, here's an Easter version... complete with bunny ears! Offered as a chart, the model is worked on 35ct Weeks Confederate Gray linen using one strand of Weeks hand-dyed or DMC flosses over two.
Chenille trim has been tinted to match the threads, and glued around the edges of the 154 x 63 count design. Pretty darn cute!
A pretty round sampler-inspired design, this is shown in the top of one of Lone Elm Lane's new Dark Chocolate 8-inch hand-made Shaker Boxes. Stitched on an 18ct aida or 36ct linen with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed cotton flosses or DMCs -- 8 different shades in all -- it makes a pretty presentation rather than simply a rectangular framed piece.
Paulette gives good assembly instructions for the box top, and addresses chenille decoration or not! Offered as the chart with box and everything else offered separately!
Strong in the Lord
*Put on your armor child of God, lean wholly on The Son, Fight every battle on your knees and win them ev'ry one.* Finishing approx 5-1/2 x 12-ish on 40ct over two -- you can work this on anything you want!
Threads called for are Needlepoint Silks and Glorianas, but there is a conversion to DMC included (so you can choose cotton over-dyeds as well!) Pretty piece.
The Black Cherry Tart
Another cute little round design that is shown finished in a Wilton metal tart tin... use that option, or make a round pin cushion. The finishing treatment calls for a bit of rick-rak round the edges -- can you see it in the pic?
Finishing a little under 5-inches on 36ct, this is stitched with Gentle Art and Weeks flosses -- or DMC.
Love One Another
Would this be referring to the pumpkin and the birds or the cat and the birds??? Everyone has to get along when the weather gets cold and Halloween looms... this is a busy scene full of Autumn color and wild pumpkin vines.
Stitched on hand-dyed linen, it uses Classic Colorworks flosses and has a stitch count of 133 x 77. Offered as a chart... just a cute thing.
Autumn Fraktur at first sight looks symetric with the two birds and the central vine... but then everything else is different! Every flower and berry is lush and colorful... and different from everyone else! Inspired by the Pennsylvania immigrants from Germany and their ink and watercolor art -- Fraktur.
The stitch count is 239 x 107, Gentle Art Sampler Threads are featured. Nutmeg, Old Hickory, Sarsaparilla, Aged Pewter, Piney Woods, Brandy, Espresso Bean, and Wood Trail -- yummy!!!
A charming birthday sampler for Jack -- the O'Lantern!!! *Here in the ruft and autumn bower * the knobby gourd and bitter flower * ye merry make and sing hooray * to our friend Jack on his birthday!* LOOK at the border -- it's all different! A neat haunted house at the top -- the elegant couples in the body, this is lovely!
There are sawtooth borders in here as well... and the colors of Gentle Art's Sampler Threads are DREAMY! (Raven, Aged Pewter, Piney Woods, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Cider, Endive, Brandy, Sarsaparilla, Walnut, Parchment, Old Hickory, Mustard Seed and Oatmeal.) Offered as a chart, it finishes approx 10 x 11.
Once again, Plum Street has a really cute weenie dog piece the Fall Seasons! Joining Halloweenies, and Winter Wienerland, we now have Turkey Sausage!!!!! Just the cutest little guys dressed for the Holiday, they measure approx 4 x 12-1/2 on 32ct.
Worked in Gentle Art Sampler Threads, this would be a pretty piece to convert to the Simply Wools if you'd like a soft, coverlet-feel to it. Offered as a chart, Paulette has 5 other new releases... click the pic to see them all!
A Ghoultide Welcome
This is a fun piece with a Halloween flavor -- although that doesn't jump right out at you at first. Quite a large piece, this measures 332 x 176 in stitch count -- which translates to 11 x 21 on 32ct! Choose a pretty hand-dyed or distress it yourself after you've stitched it, the whole thing is worked in DMC or Needlepoint Inc silk, but I bet you can convert into your over-dyed flosses you already have, as another alternative.
So many neat things in this sampler -- the involved acorn border, the lavish urn of flowers to the left of the house, and the house itself -- lots and lots of solid stitching there!! (save that fill-in work for late night work ro a car trip!!) Next, that lacy willow tree with the moon peeking out -- can you see the yellow sampler/quaker stars in the sky? Finally, the dead-give-away... the little witch standing there!!! I see two distinct parts in this sampler, as well... you could do just the house and urn, or the other side -- the witch, her horse and tree! Which ever part you choose, this has a lot of charm and is very eyecatching!!
A piece dedicated to 'industry'... *How doth the little busy bee improve each shining hour and gather honey all the day from every opening flower..*
Pretty honey colors of Gentle Art Sampler Threads or DMCs... this finishes 10 x 13 on 32ct. Pretty in a kitchen or sunny breezeway or back hallway I think.
This is a pretty piece reminiscent of Crewel Embroidery patterns. You'll need to choose a 36ct linen to work this on if you want to fit it into the top of a Lone Elm Lane 6-inch sewing box. (You might have that box already; if you are on the Blackbird Sewing Box Automatic ship, your box is black.)
Anyway, this is mounted into the top of a Robin's Egg Blue box -- but Lone Elm has a burnt red colored box that would be KILLER for the colors in this piece. (Changing the light rik-rak trim to a darker color as well would be a personal choice of mine!) Anyway, a pretty design, very traditional and primitive... it is coded for DMC or Weeks overdyed flosses. Talk to us about color choices on these boxes!
Count Twice, Stitch Once!
Plum Street Samplings has five tremendous new pieces we brought home from Market... and even though this one wasn't the largest or most involved of them... it DEFINITELY belongs STITCHED in the home of every needleworker!!!!!
Measuring 145 x 49 stitches, choose a favorite fabric and grab hand-dyeds from your stash. It calls for Classic Colorworks or DMC colors. You could frame this... but wouldn't a walnut shell stuffed cushion be fun too? Please do not miss Mr Rip-It down there on the right... I think he's after a fly! So DARN cute, this is offered as a chart. Wouldn't it be fun to stitch for your girlfriend who is always ripping stuff out?
*True Friendship is a plant of slow growth.* What a pretty piece -- very organized in arangement - it looks like it has 5 sections -- the urn, the vertical house, horizontal yard -(with the cute doggies!) the vertical garden vine, and another horizontal block for the verse.
Full of great Sampler Thread hand-dyed color, the design size is only 91 x 95 so it finishes approx 5 x 5 on a 32ct-ish fabric. Offered as a chart.
A pair of wintery stockings, the trees are just as quiet as the snowmen! Each stocking measures 40 x 120 in stitch count -- just
2-1/2 x 7-1/2 on 32ct!!!
Little bitty things, stitch them over one on something and finish them close to the stitching -- they can be ornament sized easily. Offered as the chart.
Well... if you liked *Halloweenies,* you'll have to have Winter Wienerland, too!!! Another pair of Weenie Dogs, all decked out for the season.
It features pretty red and green hand-dyeds along with some of the same design elements as the Halloween piece, but this time we have a Santa hat and some snowmen to *visit* in the yard! Offered as a chart, stitch count is 170 x 73, and it can be worked on any fabric that makes you happy!
LOOK at this charming stone cottage with Cinnamon Stars floating from its chimney! The Autumn Garden is ready to Harvest -- that little scarecrow is doing his job keeping all the birds away -- you can tell, because the seeds are still in the sunflowers, the corn is still on the stalks and the pumpkins are plump and sun-bronzed. What a serene scene!
Stitched on any pretty brown or gold-ish fabric you like, the stitch count on this is 168 x 100. (Approx 10-1/2 x 6 on 32ct.) It uses 20 different shades of DMC or Weeks and Gentle Art hand-dyed flosses -- all just *yummy-skummy* colors!!!!!! I'm not sure which design element is my favorite in here... the sweeping stars, the cobbled cottage walls or that Harvest Garden! But the little scarecrow is pretty darn cute, too! Offered as a chart.
Halloween Delivery features a big 'ol Raven pulling his Post Coach! The pattern tells us that from 1784 to the mid 1800's, Great Britain used Post Coaches to deliver the mail. They were faster than stage coaches, in that they only stopped for delivery of mail and not for passengers. Eventually, they were replaced by the railway system. Choose a pretty tan or brown fabric to accent your Weeks and Gentle Art flosses, this has a stitch count of 155 x 77, so will finish approx 9-1/2 x 5 on 32ct. (Just the coach is 77 x 77... so it'd be 5 x 5-ish!) Offered as a chart.
My Dearest Friend
This is a tribute to John and Abigail Adams who were married in 1764, but spent much of their married life separated because John was such a busy guy! There are 4 decades of letters they exchanged surviving today. Pretty neat... but you ARE allowed to change some of that info and make this piece you own!
With a stitch count of 195 x 108, this'll finish approx 12 x 7 on 32ct... put your wedding date in there... or change that date and the verse as well!
I think this celebrates all the Ladies Maids! Paulette has a ditty on the chart about the household status of the maids -- higher than housekeepers... interesting!
This is quite large -- it measures 350 x 195 in stitch count.
A Yuletide Welcome
A fun, non-symmetric border surrounds the regal house, and at first this doesn't look Christmassy. LOOK, can you see Santa, his
reindeer(actually there are two) and sleigh? 333 x 172 in stitch count -- finished size will vary depending on fabric you choose. (11 x 21-ish on 32ct.)
This is a charming piece! Pretty non-traditional Christmassy colors -- I guess because of the golden house, the motifs are really pretty, and I LOVE that little Santa and his deer!
Rubie Owl's Sampler
Wisdom is better than rubies... A great verse, tucked into a stunning Autumnal scene -- that tree is KILLER!
Stitched with Belle Soie Silk or DMC this finishes approx 11 x 11 on 32ct -- but you can choose any color and size you like to work it on. Just pick something that accents those gorgeous colors!
Here's a trio of small patriotic sampler motifs finished into stocking shapes! With stitch counts of 49 x 124 each... they can be smallish but depending on your fabric choice... might not be!
Worked in Week's Kohl, Pea Coat, Bright Leaf, Light Khaki, Kudzu, Crimson and Sand, they'd be fun hanging from doorknobs, and real cute stuffed as cushions poking from a basket. Offered as a chart set of the tree.
A Red Cottage
This is just that! Actually a pair of charming red houses with the wildly primitive garden of flowers... this finishes approx 6 x 6 on 28 to 32ct... and is stitched with either DMC or Gentle Art hand-dyed flosses.
The verse that inspired the piece is from Proverbs 31... *Mom isn't afraid of the cold winter for her family (or bad things happening) because she has clothed them in scarlet (she's made sure they have warm clothes and love.)* (a little 20th century translation in there!) A Red Cottage would be pretty stitched on something brownish... it is offered as a chart.
OH... I LOVE this! It's an antique multiplication table decorated with sampler motifs and the greatest verse! *Multiplication is Vexation. Division is as bad. The rule of three doth puzzle me, and Practice drives me mad!* Turns out that the verse is from a 1570 document titled 'A Description of the Admiral Table of Logarithmes' by Scottish mathematician John Napier. (Smart Guy!) And... here is something else fun to document in a note on the back of your finished piece; an 18th-Century Story Problem (which I hated in school!) by Elizabeth Bradford. 'A Lady to adorn her face, bought 18 ells of Brussels Lace for 15 Guineas; Now I say, How much a Yard did madam pay?'
Offered as a chart, this has a stitch count of 318 x 198. Worked in only 5 colors of silk or DMC, choose any fabric and threads you wish!!! You could even dig out some Blackbird or Shakespeare's Peddler Urn or border designs to dress this up a bit -- but don't change A THING about that table or the verse!!!
Well... if this isn't the cutest picture for Halloween! A pair of festive dachshunds dressed for The Season, do you think they are deciding who gets to use the fire hydrant first? Plum Street delivers this cute design -- stitch count of 157 x 65 that will look great on tons of different fabric choices.
Worked with Gentle Art and Crescent Colours hand-dyed flosses, Paulette has kind of dedicated this pattern to her little Yorkie -- a most mischievous little beast! Offered as a chart -- reminds me of her Boris and Olga pair!
The story of Cain and Abel in the Garden of Eden. Actually, not quite such a nice story after all... Paulette has re-told the story in this captivating piece of 10 blocks. So... I dunno if you want to hang something on your wall that talks about anger, jealously and murder... but the designs in the blocks are really neat... and if you like those... leave off some of the historic verse???
Offered as the chart, this has a stitch count of 378 x 150. One over one stitching is featured in some of the squares.
Here is a plump redbird tucked amidst a festive alphabet and pretty quilt-inspired motifs. Companioning Boris and Olga -- two cats with extra personality!
Sergei finishes approx 5 x 5 and is offered as a chart. Just darling!
Paulette has outdone herself with this charming and HUGE Noah's Ark piece! Offered in chart format, coded for either 36 different colors of silk or DMC floss, it measures a whopping 453 x 315 stitches... so on 32ct, it finishes approx 28 x 20. All the motifs are whimsical and stylized... the clouds are billow-y, the raindrops huge! The trees are neat, the animals scattered everywhere... so much to see... and stitch! The ark looks like an inlaid wooden masterpiece, and there are even hearts in the roof shingles.
Mr Boris is Ms Olga's festive friend!!!!! He's the dog, she's the cat, this pair is just the best! He doesn't look any happier about standing
here for us than she does, maybe because his alphabet is all messy up there??? We have Olga stitched over one thread as a shop model, and this little guy is next!
Charted for either DMC or Crescent Colours hand-dyeds, go ahead... Make His Day... I bet he still won't smile! Offered as a
chart, stitch count is 110 square.
Oh my gosh, isn't this the cutest little cat? Stripes and stars, even her pumpkins and flowers have attitude! Approx 100 x 100 stitches, she is stitched in Crescent Colours hand dyed flosses or DMC.
Stitch her beneath her sky of alphabet letters, or leave them off... this will be charming either way! Offered as a chart.
For all you Adam and Eve/Garden of Eden Sampler-lovers... this is awesome! The trees, the peacocks, all the little animals and details everywhere... just awesome!
Stitch count of a whopping 417 x 184 (that's 12 x 26 on 32ct!!!), lots of 'movement' in all the charming motifs! Offered as a chart.
Plum Street Samplers has some lovely new designs... I liked 7 of them... Still Waters is just one! A peaceful, pastoral scene, The Lord is My Shepherd verse is from Psalm 23. Finishing approx 10 x 10 on 36ct linen, the motifs scattered throughout this piece are whimsical and cheery. There are a few of them that are stitched over one thread, and predominant colors for the entire piece are greens, golds, and taupes.
Charted for DMC floss, you could find some pretty overdyeds, and actually, I think you could even split this piece into three separate ones, if you like! Make sure to see the rest of the Plum Street things... good designs! Offered as a chart.
Give, Gather, Gobble
A trio of matching designs, each of these if offered as an individual chart, each finishes approx 8 x 8 on 32ct linen, and the trio shares the same 5 colors of browns, green grays, and rosewood! Reminding me of stenciled designs from 200 years ago, these are perfect for a dining room or family room.
Even though they all share the same colors, 975, 3021, 3051, 3828 and 3858... each looks different from the other... but they go together so beautifully. You might even have some overdyeds you'll want to add. Simple cross stitches, they're a 'quick-stitch!'
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 - 6 CST, Monday - Friday
10 - 5 CST, Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2021 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.