(Not really - but these deserve a second look!)
6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Webmaster's note: These pages became so large that we have divided them up into 4 separate pages to help with load time. So be sure you hit the There's More button at the bottom of the pages to see the rest of the wonderful stuff that has come in recently. |
Snowballs and Icicles ,Evergreens & Peppermint,Candy Corn & Pumpkin from Stitches by Ethel
- Snowballs and Icicles is the third in this cute set of friendship designs between two unlikely souls. The sweet little mouse always finds something happy from the season to offer to his bigger - and very attentive friend! Finishing just 3 x 5 on 32ct... each of these designs in this trio are stitched with regular DMC floss, but against a pretty hand-dyed fabric to accent it's color scheme. Snowballs is new, Evergreen and Peppermints released a few weeks ago, and Candy Corn Pumpkin was brand new in September at Needlework Galleria. Just very sweet designs to help you decorate for Halloween, Christmas and now the dreary, frigid winter! Presented as a small chart.
- Evergreens & Peppermint - Stitches by Ethel has a cute new design - it companions her Candy Corn & Pumpkins one. That little bitty mouse is offering his big friend a holiday peppermint! Finishing about 3 x 5, it's garnished with small JABCO peppermint buttons that are offered separately. Coded for DMC, presented in small chart format.
- Candy Corn and Pumpkin features a little mouse offering his crow friend a Halloween treat directly from his pumpkin snack! Measuring just 81 x 55, this finishes approx 4-1/2 x 3 on 18/36ct, and is coded for regular DMC floss.
Cute new things from Heart in Hand - Halloween and Christmas come early this year!
- Halloween Tiny Town and Halloween Frill - One medium chart and another smaller to companion. Cecilia has friendly ghosts as hosts, and pink pumpkins at each gate post! Joining her other little towns... all 2 x 10-ish... she's added a fun EXTRA house in the Frill Chart. You can add the witch, or change out one of the now-existing houses in town... whatever you want to do. Medium-sized chart.
- Imprints: Harvest and Home - Two stencil-style designs - not many colors, small to stitch - these would be cute perched among your pumpkin and dried corn display!
- Wee One: Santa 2022 - Cecilia's annual Santa design, this year Santa is dressed in pinks, reds and greens - quite a different color palette! He's holding birdseed to feed his feathered friends who help with his Christmas prep! Offered in small card format, we still have at least the last 10 years of Santa charts - everyone has its own personality.
- Pocket Round December 25th - A bitty design that fits the top of the tiny Gray Heartware handmade stoneware bowl. (Bowls come in cream and we still have a few limited edition red bowls as well!) Cecilia shows the finished round kind of large - too big for the top of the bowl. We think you can finish it a full inch smaller and it'll still fit on the bowl - and you'll SEE the bowl peeking from underneath. Anyway, Rudolph's tail is actually a white flower button which is included in the chart.
Silver Creek Samplers has 6 new Releases.
Diane has charming designs - kind of her signature feature are the words she always uses that are incorporated into the design. Everything is offered in chart pack format... and as always a lot of them are suitable for multiple different fabric colors and counts... makes your decisions harder!
- Zip It - Well... Whimiscal and fun...*Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff and ZIP IT when I've said enough!* Stitched with hand-dyeds on anything neutral, this measures about 6 x 9 on 32ct. It would be fun to make a little brick stand-up block out of this and garnish the finishing with actual zippers! Probably appropriate to display this in 'way more places that we think!'
- Kringle Flying Academy - 'Rooftop Landings since 1823.' (The Night Before Christmas was published in December of 1823! First place to announce Santa landing of rooftops!) Great colors on this holiday piece, it'd be fun to add metallics to the moon and snow! We have lots of gorgeous smoky, mangy blues for that night sky - in multiple counts - so choose what you want to work on. It measures 147 x 96... so on 14ct would be 7 x 10-1/2, or about 5 x 8 on 36. Very vintage in flavor!
- Mary Rotters Spelling Lesson - This is really cute... read those entertaining spelling words! It actually would be fun to practice this with your 3rd grade grands... then serve them cupcakes decorated with those candy eyes! Measures 8 x 9 on 14/28ct, and coded for DMC Diane writes: It's Mary's first day at Frogwarts School of Wizardry. She dreams of being an elite part of the Hall of Fame, having her picture honorably hung next to her famous cousin, Harry. However, she must first learn to spell!
- A Perfect Match - Moving from creepy Halloween into Love and Happiness... this might make a cute shower or anniversary gift. You could leave off the hands and arms to make it 'less wedding' if you need to, and just more 'daily feel the love!' Measures about 6 x 10 on 32ct, and coded for DMC. Diane shares her lovely love story about puzzles and her husband.
- Button Your Lip - 'Before you let unkind words slip - grab a button and button your Lip!' Kind of a companion to Zip It...Diane's inspiration began with her family button jar. Her Mom would point to it and warn to 'Button that lip!' Coded for Weeks or DMC, this finishes about 3 x 4 on 36ct.
- For Unto Us - 'A Child is Born.' - Could be a Christmas piece or a new baby announcement... probably changing the manger/arbor over the letter O would make it more contemporary and less Christmassy. But either way - A new baby is a big deal! Finishes about 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 on 32ct.
Mill Hill Presents Jim Shore's Christmas Gnomes!
Mill Hill is releasing a set of 5 little cross stitched and beaded gnomes worked on 14ct perforated paper. Each little Santa (?) measures 5 inches tall and about 2-1/2 inches wide... and is full of bright Christmassy color!
They are offering Trees, Wreaths, Gifts, Holly and Ornaments. Complete kits contain the chart, paper, flosses, beads and needles.
Magnetic Color Wheel Minders from Accoutrements
Wow... is THIS a fun little thing! Meant to be a Needle Minder - it's actually 2 inches in diameter, about 1/4 of an inch in thickness, and it weighs about an ounce and a half. It is LOVELY! Basically it's an enameled color wheel with a rotating overlay (the white wheel part) that offers instant info for color matching!
We had to Google all about the Color Wheel... which was fun. We learned that this little gizmo can show you color combinations that look good together, besides being pretty and fun to play with! A little on the heavy side just to have on your fabric to hold needles... it'd be awesome by your stitching lamp.
Christmas is Coming - The Mill Hill Way!|
The 2022 Winter Series Button & Beaded Kits
Our massive collection of 5 x 5 beaded and stitched designs is growing with these 6 new designs! If you've been in the shop, you are quite familiar with our 'Great Walls' of stitched kits - all on various colors of 28ct linen. Each kit comes with DMC flosses, a load of Mill Hill glass seed beads and 14ct perforated paper (which is super easy to work on.) We started doing our models on 28ct linen just for fun, and like them just a well on fabric... so we offer separate cuts of material as well, just in case. Aurora Borealis features the new Mill Hill Glow-in-the-Dark beads - so it really does look a little more 'glisteny.' Santa's Clothesline is super cute and colorful. The Blue Jay is full of frosty opalescent whites and crisp blues - good to enjoy all winter long. Ski Dog is darling - he's waiting for you to HURRY UP! Snow in Love can stay up through Valentine's Day, and The Village Schoolhouse is the next edition to the charming Christmas Village Series... but alas... EMPTY for Christmas Break!
The Winter Holiday Ornament Collection for 2022
Another cute set of 2 x 3 or 3 x 3 ornament and magnet-sized designs. Each is presented with the chart, 14ct perforated paper, all the necessary DMC flosses and Mill Hill beads and a glass or crystal Mill Hill Treasure embellishment. Simply cut the paper off right outside the design - and you're finished! (Don't use your delicate embroidery scissors to cut. Choose something a little more heavy duty - like our Dr Slick SN65 synthetic scissors - larger handles, they are super-duper and will even cut leather!) Enjoy a cup of hot cocoa with a marshmallow snowman! The Garland has tiny danglers - so will look good on the very tip of a branch. Winter Barn comes right out of a Hallmark movie and Cheers celebrates New Year's. The Cuckoo Clock has Santa filling stockings on Christmas Eve - all in that bitty design area! - and the Ceramic tree is meant to offer a nostalgic look into the decorations of Christmas Past.
The 2022 Annual Santas! from Mill Hill
This marks the 24th Annual Trio of Paper Santa Ornaments! So these are number 70, 71 and 72 in the set! Over the years, this series has shown what Santa does all year long... and where he comes from! We've seen him vacationing in Hawaii, he's been mountain climbing, at the South Pole, playing musical instruments, and just traveling the world over.
Each kit comes with the chart, 14ct perforated paper, DMC floss and Mill Hill beads. They all finish about 3-1/2 inches high, and are really fun to find on the Christmas Tree.
Glitzy Needle Buddie Needle Minders
Wow... check out these beautiful magnets to hold needles, notes and patterns in place! Beautifully made, and surprisingly lightweight for their size, this is a delightful collection of 'needle curiosities!'
Each features two rare-earth magnets on their backs to cling to anything magnetic and help hold lots of your treasures. Most measure close to two inches in size - one direction or another, yet not too big, heavy or clunky! Some are enameled, most feature lots of colored crystals as well.
Presenting Dr Slick Razor-Sharp Scissors
Coming to us from the Fly-Fishing Industry are these incredible 3-1/2 and 4-inch scissors with huge "Gold Loop" finger holes, that can handle some pretty serious cutting needs! Wonderfully rounded handles with a nice weight to them, these feature larger finger holes and wonderfully fine and sharp precision cutting blades. The blades feature a very fine micro-serration to them which keeps your threads where you want them when you cut them, and yet they feel as smooth as butter.
As far as the finger holes go, we have a comparison picture showing the difference between our DOVO embroidery scissors and the handles of these scissors on our scissor page... along with lots of other specific scissor details. Dr Slick uses words like 'hypodermic sharp' to describe their tips, and Tungsten Carbide vs Stainless Steel to describe some of the metals. All I know is that they have a really nice balance and weight to them, they cut like a dream, and the blades and tips are SHARP. Actually almost too big for my hands... I know lots of you will LOVE these!
Presenting Amazonia from Laurel Burch for Mill Hill
The Mill Hill People have adapted 4 new designs by Laurel Burch in to Cross Stitch. Animals from the Rainforests of the Amazon... aren't they awesome? Worked on 14ct Olive Green perforated paper, the colors in these are stunning - the animals are bold and stylized - and they are just dynamite!
Complete kits include the chart, paper, flosses, beads and needles. They are not solid beading - just enough glitz to highlight textures and give these animals personality. We have Giraffes, Leopards, a Mom Monkey with her baby, and Zebras - with wild eyes! Mill Hill makes frames for these... available separately.
We're excited to bring home our Treasures by Samplers Not Forgotten!
- Peony Bouquet is Kimberly's Market Exclusive Limited Edition design this year. Presented in fully-kitted format. Stitched on 36ct hand-dyed linen, it features a very soft vase of lavish blooms - all stitched with soft, dusty colors. Kimberly has included antiqued lace trim, coordinating backing fabric and hand-dyed velveteen to make the scissor pocket she shows on the pattern. A very pretty little cushion, it'll finish approx 4 x 5.
- Dutch Rose Kit - another beautiful little floral cushion design. Again stitched on 36ct hand-dyed linen, this one includes the charm, silk ribbon and hand-made antique lace trim. A little smaller than Peony at 3 x 4-ish.
- Patriotic Heart Kit - A softer take on stars and stripes, this complete kit offers you 36ct hand-dyed linen (I think it's putty - but not sure.) The coordinating hand-dyed ribbon and ball trim to match the threads.
- Memories - Kimberly did a fun beach-y thing... Memories features three different framing borders of waves, crabs, seahorses, seaweed and tiny swimming fish. 'Our memories of the ocean will linger on long after our footprints in the sand are gone.' The beach chair is neat - there is a whole little scene along the bottom. Stitched on Weeks Dye Works 36ct Confederate Gray hand-dyed linen using Weeks cottons, this will finish about 8 x 10. We have BEAUTIFUL pin and button options by Puntini - little sand dollars and lighthouses... all sorts of cute mini things - I think they would be great together with this design!
- Dutch Rose Garden Sampler 1849 - Wow, look at these gorgeous motifs scattered about in this! Stitched on Weeks 36ct Parchment Linen with multiple skeins of 17 shades of Weeks hand-dyed flosses, this will finish about 14-1/2 x 15-1/2. If you don't think you're up to a larger piece like this - DO THOSE MOTIFS as individual cushions! What a gorgeous set of smalls to nestle in a bowl... use Kimberly's finishing ideas from the rest of her cushions as inspiration for yours. This is just an exquistite piece - presented in chart format.
from Bent Creek
Remember these arch designs from Bent Creek? They have a new one to add to all the others still available - Thanksgiving!
All the same size, each has 5 panels of motifs, I bet between the ones that already exist, you could do a year full of 'things' in the little arches - a row of 12 across! Anyway, coded for Weeks hand-dyed flosses... finishes approx 4 x 9-1/2 on 32ct.
All The Things Halloween & All The Things Christmas
from Anabella's Needleart
Anabella's has several new designs - here are two. Both are coded for DMC floss. There are also 4 new smalls, featured on our Anabella's page.
- All The Things Halloween features 5 designs - 3 of which are in the cover pic. Although they are all done on white - you can choose other fun fabric colors or counts and add beads or bright metallics just for fun. Everything in here is cute, and a lot of the motifs could stand alone in small cute stand-ups or pumpkin pokes. Lots of potential with this one!
- All The Things Christmas isn't so comprehensive... but can still handle your fun threads and embellishments. 100 x 180 - if you are the creative sort... find a stocking outline you like and fill it in with this! It'd make a cute stocking!
New Arrivals from Annie Beez Folk Art
- Good Shepherd Sampler - This is a pretty little sampler - very neat and tidy, balanced and organized. The trees and the house are patterned, and then more 'lines for your eye to follow' are the rows of sheep and the fence. Measuring 145 x 141, it will finish approx 8 x 8 on 36ct. Coded for DMC or silks, this would make a really nice housewarming gift, and it would look good in an entry area.
- Welcome to our Patch - Here's a bright pile of quilted pumpkins. I might leave off the 1821, because I want my greeting to you to be more recent than 1821... but that's easy to fix! Needs to be stitched for the addicted quilter friend who doesn't have time to stitch this herself! OR... you could stitch all the pumpkin part, and give her that... because she can sew and she'd make a sewing pouch out of it! Coded for DMC, it finishes about 5 x 6 on 18/36ct.
- You Melt My heart - OH... find a pretty frosty blue, or deep dark night sky fabric for this - get all the white to really pop on this. I think I'd even add opalescent thread! A cute little design for Winter - display it after Christmas and going into Valentine's Day, because as we know, there still can be lots of snow around on Valentine's Day! Coded for DMC, measures 80 x 106.
With a Grateful Heart|
from Artful Offerings
New from Artful Offerings, Karina writes 'The key to giving Thanks is doing so with a Grateful Heart. Set among amber stalks of wheat, a pair of smitten blackbirds adorn their favorite pom-pom hats while admiring a magnificent orange pumpkin displayed in a black pedestal urn.' Whew, a mouthful!
The birds are truly thankful for the bounty of wheat and pumpkins! She's trimmed the entire scene with stitched faux tea towel stripes. Charted for 36ct linen using Weeks hand-dyed flosses, it measures 7 x 12 when stitched.
JBW's Latest Set of Releases are Here!
- A-Round France #418 is the latest 'round' design - filled with tiny motifs of France. Choose any shade of hand-dyed red thread.
- Melinda's Marking Sampler #419 - A reproduction of an old sampler - girls needed to learn to stitch the alphabet so they could 'label' the family linens. This was Melinda's lesson!
- O'er the Fields We Go #420 - Another pretty white-on-red scene that coordinates with several other JBW pieces, Judy does show this stitched in and on different colors as well.
- Owls in the Round #421 You know the drill with these.. 58 stitches in diameter, choose any hand-dyed color and fabric you want!
- Petite Christmas Cottages #422 - A Trio of holiday houses... each is only 20 x 30 in size.
- Christmas Trees X! #423 - This is quite a growing set of Judy's tiny trees... stitch them over one or two... they are all about the same size.
Christmas Alphabet from Romy's Creations is Continuing
OP, QR and ST have floated through our shop doors. This is a cute holiday alphabet set of 3 x 3 designs. You can make them into stand-up stacking cubes, stuff them into pin cushions, or flat-finish them onto felt for tree ornaments.
Her subjects are sometimes very different from the norm, so both this set, and the Halloween alphabet, have been fun to see and gather. I like the block around the stylized letter, and the checkerboard borders. Notice we now have the ENTIRE thread set available.
When I Think of Halloween and Christmas
Paola of Puntini has sent her latest two 'thinking' patterns.. along with their specific featured pin embellishments. Darling 'word' patterns, each finishes into a 3 x 7-ish design - a nice generous pin cushion size - on 36ct. Coded for DMC, choose neutral fabrics so the colors and cute pins show up.
We carry a million different trims to go with these as well - mini balls and chenilles - so we can match some to threads if you need us to. Offered as the individual charts WITH the pin trio.
Sherman the Fox - Sweaters Please and Sweater Weather
from Cherry Hill Stitchery
We know both of these designs are pretty similar, but little Sherman-the-Fox is pretty 'foxy' in both of them, so we couldn't choose the favorite! I see these stitched and hung above the mitten rack in the back hallway.
Stitched on anything neutral in any count you like, they are coded for DMC and hand-dyeds. They finish 9 x 9 and 4 x 5-ish on 14/28ct... just something cute for the season.
Liz Matthews has quite a few new designs that are worth a look!
All are here; everything is presented in chart format
- Autumn Cloche - What a gorgeous garden-under-the glass! Pumpkins and mushrooms, birds, butterflies, snails and spiders! Just delightfully busy to look at, everything in here is fun to look at. I like the spider webs on the leaves. Charted for silks or DMC, stitch this on a light neutral. It's quite large, and finishes almost 10 x 16 on 18/36ct... so pick a fabric you like to work on! Great Autumnal colors... the red and blues are unexpected and a really nice accent.
- Hocus Pocus - One of Liz's signature designs - just a few simple words - 'It's all just a bunch of Hocus Pocus' is from one of her favorite movies - Disney's Hocus Pocus from 1993. She talks about the extra fabric around her word designs. You can do whatever you like, but she loves finding old frames, and then arranging her words inside - not necessarily centered (although this one is.) The extra fabric space is unexpected and draws your eye to the simplicity of the design.
- Loved By You - We all know these lyrics by James Taylor too! Another understated design, stitch in Week's Kohl (although it can be any color you want) this showcases Liz's ideas of framing - with the subject off center. Really cool... this would make a classy wedding gift! Don't put the names and dates on the front.. hand-write them on the back paper... maybe even beside the invitation.
- Poppy - This was inspired by antique herbarium books of pressed flowers. The thread choices are muted to reflect the dried flowers once saved between pages of a book. Liz loves the hand-written labels that often accompany the pressings... so she's provided label artwork you can cut out and incorporate into your framing or finishing. The pink flower is framed between two pieces of glass, (frame at Amazon), its fabric is fringed along the edges and it's mounted onto another soft pastel linen. You can see how she's incorporated the hand-written label idea into the framing. All the framing and finishing details are in the chart.
Elf Land and Hoot in a Boot from The Needle's Notion
Lettie Eckberg has two new designs that are over-the-top cute! She has really outdone herself. Presented in leaflet format, she has great instructions in these... pages and pages of them... (which should NOT scare you away!)
- Elf Land includes the chart for the Mushroom Cottage scene as well as the 3-dimensional standing elf. The Cottage scene - 8 x 9-1/2 - is on 28ct natural coded for DMC, all the snow is stitched in opalescent metallic. The elf stands 7-1/2 inches tall. Also on 28ct Natural, he has dimensional arms, a removable hat, and a mini heart-shaped pouch. She has all his pieces and parts laid out in chart format, and actual-sized templates for assembling.
- Hoot in a Boot is super-cute too! Stitched on darker linen, the finished boot measures 10-1/2 x 13 inches. The little owl on top adds another 3-1/2 x 5! Lettie has actual-sized cutting templates in here for these little guys, and mentions that her edges are button-hole stitched no NO SEWING MACHINE IS REQUIRED for finishing! This makes a very festive stuffed holiday door hanging! Coded for DMC and some hand-dyed flosses... again great and very comprehensive assembly instructions included!
Polka Dot Scissor Sheaths!
Aren't these fun? These are pretty 'pleather' polka dot covers for your scissors. (Pleather is a kind way to say 'fake leather' or 'soft plastic!') Offered in 6 colors and 2 different sizes, the smaller 2-1/2 inch one fits a standard 3-1/2 inch embroidery scissor. The larger 3-1/4 inch sheath will work for 4 to 5-inch scissors. But... actually each will do the job for either size - some just like more shank coverage, and some scissors fit in one size better than the other.
In the pic, I have our 4-inch Antonia by DOVO pictured with the larger sheath, and our 3-1/2 Buckingham by WASA pictured by the smaller ones. (If you have to have a specific color, not a problem, just let us know in the comments box during your check-out process - we'll do our best!)
Christmas and Halloween designed the AB Designs Way!
Amy Bruecken is releasing 4 new charts for stitching fun!
- Little Cuties are 4 little ornament-sized penquin, snowmen and red bird pieces - just 25 x 41 in stitch count. Itty bitty - on 28ct they are less than 2 x 3. Weeks flosses, the pillow ornaments on the cover pic offer cute finishing ideas. All 4 designs are in the pattern.
- Hocus Pocus and Little Pumpkin Friend - Ms Pocus is stitched on splattered Lugana - but she'd be cute on a wild hand-dyed fabric color as well. DMC for her, she's only 88 x 75 - so about 4 x 5. Little Pumpkin Friend is only 30 x 37 - and he'd make a cute poke for your candy dish.
- HoHoHo puts us in a Christmas Spirit - He's done on 32ct petit point natural linen with Weeks Dye Works hand-dyeds. I love the soft greens and the deep reds this year... he's not even 5 x 6!
- Every Little Thing - I can just hear those song lyrics in my head... again the soft greens in this one. I see wreaths on the front doors, but don't really get a Christmas-vibe with this... so I think you can stitch this to hang all year long! 181 x 73, It'll finish 13 x 5 on 14/28, and uses Weeks handyeds.
The Fern Ridge Collections Ladies have 6 new MINI Needle Case and Scissor Fob Sets and one new Sewing Wallet creation!
We're picturing just three of the sets here... everything is described and pictured on our Fern Ridge page.
Fully kitted, the 2 x 2 needle cases are done on various linens, and usually with hand-dyed flosses and silks. Pat and Peggy decorate the edges and always add lots of tiny pockets and flaps inside their tiny 2 x 2 cases to make them fussy and fun. Since they are the Queens of Beads, and they love embellishments of every kind... you'll get charms or buttons or ribbons or beads on these cases as well. The 3-inch beaded Scissor Fobs are always OVER THE TOP! HERE is where P & P go crazy with all their cool beads. The basic flat beaded part - the picture part - of the fob is about 1-1/2 inches long and worked in Peyote Stitch, which is a beading technique done in-hand, rather than a loom. Instructions can be daunting in the beginning, but these are totally fun to do! Each fob will take approx 3 to 4 hours start to fringed finish. Work the flat beaded area, add that glorious fringe - about 1-1/2 inches of it - and adorn your favorite scissors or a tote zipper pull! Because of the nylon thread you have used, they are stronger than they look!
Display your finished sets in the Fern Ridge Scissor Box too! Everything comes fully kitted.
- Strawberry Pie - Bitty berries - some ripe and some - not so much! A pretty set full of pinks and greens, the fob features white blossom beads and red glass berries in the fringe.
- Simply Stitches - Classy black and white... the case features lots of stitch doodles (haven't seen the inside yet!) but that darling fob steals the show again! They found a tiny dice bead, and a fun silver X - a cross stitch! I like all the little cube beads down in the fringed area.
- A Black Cat - Striking lime green and black... this set is not too involved and would be great for a beginner. The fringe on the fob isn't too frizzy so it's easy to deal with, and the case is just plain cute! Complete kits contain all the thread, fabric and beading 'ingredients' and there is even a wooden cat face thread board included in the case kit.
Mockingbird's Message Pinkeep
from Scattered Seed Samplers
'When you see this, remember me'... The quintessential sampler verse... these two birds make a charming pin cushion.
Stitched on 36ct hand-dyed linen with DMC's of 310, 413, 611, 645, 648 and 3857, it finishes just 4-1/2 x 7-1/2.
Forever in Peace and Bless and Keep
from Sweet Wing Studio
- Forever in Peace - This is a really cool new design by Sweet Wing Studio... it LOOKS like it's full of specialty stitches, but it is simply stitched patterns of color! Our Flag.... stitch it with or without the words... it's pretty either way! Coded for DMC or various hand-dyed flosses, the flag part measures 60 x 90, so you could get that part 3 x 4-1/2 on 20... or even 2 x 3-1/2 over one on 28ct Lugana! And, since the chart is solid symbols... it's probably easier to stitch this off the chartpack cover - the picture is clear and big enough! This just really caught our eye... and shop model is already off to the stitcher!
- Bless and Keep - 'The Lord bless you and keep you...' I can hear the church hymn in my head! Measuring 62 x 94, this is coded for DMC and/or hand-dyeds and finishes a mere 4 x 6 on 32ct. Choose a darker fabric so the white lettering shows up - as it does in the pic.
Our New Daylight Magnificent PRO 3-in-1 Magnifying Lamps are here!
Oh... this is a lovely floor or table lamp! Completely new and updated by Daylight Co this little baby boasts true Daylight-balanced LED lighting that never burns out. Awesome features include an adjustable stick height, a removable magnetic lens cover to protect against sunlight burns, an ergonomic switch and handle area to adjust your 5-nch lens, and 3 brightness levels.
I took it out of the box, and set it up in less than 3 minutes... and that was even looking at the little book instructions and everything! Smooth lines, the whole thing weighs 9 pounds including the box! A really nice streamlined and contemporary light... every stitcher needs one!
FYI: Look at our little Daylight Foldi-Go rechargeable travel Lights - 2 Pounds, little 6 x 6 x 3 folding thing that comes in a zippered hard-sided travel case - Fantastic! OR... Our Halo-Go Lamps - same idea as the Foldi-Go - just a little larger with a magnifier. It, too, folds up SMALL and FLAT for travel.Also 2 pounds and rechargeable!
The American Trilogy from Twin Peak Primitives
This is a really neat 'retro-inspired' designs to celebrate America! The Twin Peak girls are from The Netherlands... and I usually think the designers from other countries don't always 'get' our 'Americana Flavor'... but these are pretty good! Charts are large, and in addition to the black and white version, you get a complete color version as well. Available separately or all three together in one leaflet... choose just your favorite one or two... or do all three for a really nice trio presentation!
- Shore of Freedom is fun. We're arriving to Ellis Island via that glorious hot air balloon and the sailing ship. Did you see the mermaids on here? 12 Colors of DMC, it finishes approx 10 x 10 on 32ct.
- Independence Bell - This has the flavor of a European church! But we like it anyway! 16 Colors of DMC, this finishes about 7 inches square on the 32ct.
- Lady Liberty - This is my favorite... love those ships sailing into the New York Harbor! This one finishes about 10 x 10 on 32ct.
4 Lovely Designs from Serenita di Campagna
So beautiful, these 4 charts feature soft colors and delightful designs - I just wish the cover pics were about 5 times the size they are!
- #138 Gita in Barca - Translates to Boat Trip - There are RABBITS on this ship, being tossed by the waves - coral ahead, lighthouse behind. The second pattern included is the Summer word with beach cabanas. Charted for DMC, that little rolling ship is exciting!
- #139 Gita in Barca Cusinetti - Another that translates of Boat Trip - this one has 4 pin-cushion designs with a backstitched border design. Use that border as the sides to a mattress-shaped cushion - you can see one in the cover pic! Summer, Beach and the light house - coded for DMC - I just want to be there - whatever beach it is!
- #171 I Love the Sea - Two small designs, one is a light house, the other is a back view of a girl standing on the beach holding her sand pail. Both measure a mere 30 or 40 stitches without the wording... coded for DMC. Just charming!
- #170 The Beach is my Happy Place - It really is... only I am in Oklahoma! I can only imagine the peace and relaxation of a gorgeous place like this. If you have one... stitch this! DMC, 225 x 131... something fun for your beach house!
Summer and Beach
from Madame Chantilly
These two just go together, don't they? A pair of 'signs' with coordinating mini-cushions, I think you need to buy a beach house to display these in after they're stitched!
Soft lettering, both feature a smiling little crab. Mermaid on one, a lighthouse on the other, they care coded for DMC and will look good on a natural or oatmeal-ly colored background fabric. The larger designs will finish approx 11 x 6, while the little cushion designs are just 2-1/2 inches!
Remember the Prairie Fairies?
from The Prairie Schooler!
We finally stitched these little guys over one on 28ct and they are CHARMING!
Forest Friends Pincushion from Under the Garden Moon
This designer is good friends with the Thread Milk people, so we are storing this design on that page for now.
This is enchanting. It's a 6 x 6 x 2 hand-appliqued felt pin cushion decorated with charming animals, vines, and little spotted mushrooms! NOT cross stitch at all... this is for all of you that love cutting bitty pieces of wools and felts, and then adding bits of Crewel embroidery to embellish.
The pattern has actual sized templates for cutting and arranging. We bought her little material packet, so EVERYTHING is included in here. So yours WILL look like this - same colors and fabrics, etc. You can't see the edging or back in the pic, but that features red baby rik rak, and a darling red/white and aqua floral backing fabric. I'm a sucker for this kind of thing... I think it's Over the Moon - even though it's by Under the Garden Moon!
The Foldi-Go Light from Daylight Company
Wow, this is the coolest little light! It weighs less than 2 pounds - including its little hard-sided carrying case! Rechargeable, it has 8 hours of battery time - with a battery level indicator. It extends, bends, rotates, has 4 levels of LED 6000K brightness, and will work for a million different tasks!
A perfect little light to travel with, every time we unwrap one to display in the shop - we sell it in a jiff! SO compact and lightweight!
We had been waiting since November for a re-supply, and now they're here!
New Samplers from Shakespeare's Peddler
Shakespeare's Peddler has new Samplers! I do love her new covers she's done!
- Two By Julia - A pair of samplers by two sisters... Theresa talks about how she found them and all the little quirky things in them that she loves! The one with the big house had the yard stitched entirely in Chain Stitch! (But you don't have to do that - thanks to Ms Theresa!) Anyway, two charming little samplers in here abut 9 x 9 each on 32ct. Teresa has new software and she's been busy taking glorious pictures, so these new books of hers are just lovely to page through! Presented in a leaflet format with fun musings by Theresa.
- Cathcart Colquhoun 1785 - Theresa can't resist Eyelet alphabets - and just found this little sampler in December of 2021! She bought it, recharted it, and here it is - 3 months later! She loves the chunky people, and the fact that that little girl who stitched it - Cathcart - misspelled her name in it! 237 Years old, the original was done in wool thread. Re-charted for DMC, you can look at the Gentle Art Simply Wools for that wool alternative! Cathcart's sampler finishes 13 x 15 on 36ct. There is a bit of history in here, and after you read all of it, you're just in love with this fun little sampler! Again, a beautiful publication to page through and dream of projects still to be!
- Jane Summer's Work 1831 This is a neat one. Theresa talks about all the favorite classic motifs in samplers - this one ticks all the boxes for her! Gorgeous pots and flowers, neat borders... this one is generous at 14 x 16 on 32ct. Which - - she says - - is a 'good size' for a girl her age when she did it 200 years ago! Huge chart, fun info inside about the piece!
- Throw Wide the Windows is simply the small take-out of the house from the larger Jane Summer piece. If you like just that and don't want the stress of the whole larger chart staring at you - get the little version! I like the dark band above the house, and I think it'd be pretty repeated below too. Charted for hand-dyeds or DMC, this finishes just 6 x 11 on 18/36ct.
- Antique Cats & Crowns - This is the 6th in Theresa's set of little 'Antique Things' collection! We have keys, teacups, rabbits and baskets, scissors and birds - and they are a lovely set of cushioned designs. Grab any fabric in your stash you like - find a color of thread that goes with it... each of these is adorned with a bit of antique lace - which is always fun to find at a flea market! Presented in a small chart format. There is a pic on the back cover of the rest of companion designs - as a treat!
We have added new designs to our The TraLaLa Collection page.
All are presented in chart format, most are coded for European hand-dyed flosses and/or Gentle Art Sampler Threads, and DMC. You can always Google conversions, but from the chart cover pics you'll get a pretty good idea of what you like and can use. Click through to see the rest.
NEW! Ornament Fraises - A sweet strawberry pincushion perched among birds, berries and spools of threads, the main design finishes about 6 inches square on 36ct. Don't miss the two small fobs in the cover pic! Take-outs from the main design, more spools and berries.. very cute and quick. This is the newest design.
- Souris Bobines features six tiny stitching mice - all tucked between spools of sewing thread. There is a real cute spool pin cushion in here, and scissors poking out of a spool as well, stitch this all together or take out some of the motifs. Measuring 205 x 58, it'll finish 3-1/2 x 13 on 32ct... so actually pretty generous in size!
- Fraises de Noel - Measuring 95 x 151 in stitch count, each of these berry-shaped cushions will finish approx about 3 x 5, I THINK! Math is kind of hard to figure out on a CONE shape! Santa and his reindeer, and a little snowman amidst flakes and winter flowers... these are coded for DMC or Gentle Art hand-dyeds - just really cute! Both designs in the chart.
- ABC Fraises - A sweet 5-inch pin cushion design, it measures 85 in stitch count. If you do it over one on 28 Lugana, it'll be only 3 x 3!
New Arrivals from Jeannette Douglas
Jeannette has 6 new releases that came home with us from Market. All available as leaflets this time around... most are coded for DMC's and hand-dyeds... here we go!
- Vintage Acorns - This is the 5th in the Vintage Series, roughly the same size as the rest (Flowers, Birds, Stars and Animals). It is a lovely medley of all things ACORN! Finishing only 7 x 8 on 40ct... you can choose just about any neutral fabric for this and enjoy stitching with the hand-dyeds from Weeks, Gentle Art and Classic.
- Acorn Tray Set - What a fun combo of designs matching the Stitch Tray, and Flower Tray. The plump drum-shaped pin cushion features a large acorn with specialty stitches to accent the tiny band sampler inside the tray. Then, add the teeny scissor fob, and you have a three-piece set of smalls. All feature trim by Lady Dot, and since Jeannette has chosen lots of luscious hand-dyed silks for this - there is a thread pack available as well.
- Matter in Hand - This charming sampler (139 X 164) says CROSS STITCH in 8 languages! Jeannette knows we love to hold 'matter in hand' - our needle in one hand and linen in the other. Just like her Christmas and Halloween samplers, she has Cross Stitch spelled in French, Spanish, English, German, Dutch, Italian, Chinese and Russian... because she knows that needlework crosses all language barriers for sure! Stitched with hand-dyed cottons, or her DMC conversion.
- Quaker Star Delight - A charming splash of little Quaker Stars cover both the mattress and drum cushions in this set of smalls. Stitched with Weeks and Classic hand-dyed flosses, they feature Lady Dot velveteen and chenille, and Jeannette does include those micro-buttons featured on the mattress with her leaflet.
Little Sherpa Scissor and Accessory Holder
On my GOSH, this is the CUTEST little scissor holder! I have put our 4-inch Margaret DOVO scissors in here along with a package of needles so you can gauge overall size. Slightly weighted and stuffed, it features a fabric-lined slip-pocket that will hold scissors, knitting needles, a stiletto, thread rippers and catchers, a pen or pencil - just whatever tools you need safely stowed beside you.
When you aren't stitching, your things will look happy and organized poking out from him - especially tucked up on a shelf away from curious fingers. His total length is about 6 inches, he stands 3 inches high and about 3-1/2 inches wide and weighs about 4 ounces! SO so so cute!
TONS of NEW from Teresa Kogut - I can't believe all that she came out with (I counted at least 30!) - and I have no idea how you can get it all stitched in a lifetime! However, I am here to remind you that Cross Stitchers don't have to stitch EVERYTHING in their stash... half the fun is appreciation of all the cool stuff out there!
Introduce me to a fix-it guy who has used all his screws or a golfer who has hit all his golf balls... or a photographer who has taken all the pictures he ever will... and we'll be even! Meanwhile ENJOY Teresa's talents! She has several books with multiple designs in each!
Yes, there's even MORE!
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2023 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.