6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Liz Matthews has been busy with quite a few new releases...
- Gardenside Sampler & Tree is a pretty summer-y sampler with a border of thread spools and scissors. The pattern features her tree-finishing of part of the sampler... just like her series of The 12 Days of Christmas. We saw the stitched models all lined up on a table at Market - smaller than we thought they really were, these stitched trees are CHARMING! (On 18/36ct, the trees are only 6 x 8 - and that's at their largest points.)
- Wildflowers is shown stitched on both a dark and light background fabric... and Liz has changed the colors in each! Midnight and Morning... there are only three shades that are different. These finish about 6 inches in size on 32ct.
- Sunshine - *You are my sunshine, my only sunshine!* These are stitched off-center on your fabric, in one shade of a golden hand-dyed floss. The models on the front cover are mounted in 8 x 10 frames - so that gives you a size idea... These are the same 'flavor' design as Old Friends and Gather Here. Super plain... your frame choices can really dress them up if you want!
A Parade of Elephants and Quaker Gardens
- A Parade of Elephants is a whimsical piece that would be cute in a kid's bedroom. Coded for DMC, it finishes approx 5 x 8-1/2 on 18/36ct. Add some initials on the flags, or names across the bottom to make all your tiny elephants happy!
- Quaker Gardens - Just a pretty little piece - very organized, when lots of Quaker samplers seem to be so random. The two pics help visualize color choices - you can always change the single color you work with - using a hand-dyed gives you a little more shading, but DMC is good too! This main sampler finishes about 5 x 8 on 16/32ct.
The Days of Christmas by Hello from Liz Matthews
Liz is designing trees and samplers for each of the 12 Days of Christmas, and they are turning into a really really nice set.
Pretty colors, repeating sizes and those cool trees... each 'day' is its own separate chart.
Float your cursor over each image to make sure you see the titles.
After the Rainbow, Bittersweet Village, Token of Fall and Two Pumpkins Bright
by Hello from Liz Matthews
Several new designs by Liz Matthews...
- After the Rain - I LOVE this one! Stitched on any basic fabric you want... all the rainbows are stitched with the same color palette of DMC floss, only they're all mixed up! 171 x 181, you can even choose your OWN colors... but be easy on yourself and choose the same number of shades as Liz used... subbing one color for the other. That way, your balance of color is the same.
- Bittersweet Village - Oh this is pretty. The leaf shapes really catch your eye - horizontally and vertically - your eye is teased everywhere with this explosion of color and shape repetition. Measures 104 x 96... so about 6 x 6 on 32ct!
- Token of Fall - Kind of a fun bird with swirly 'feathers.'
- Two Pumpkins Bright - These little guys are cute - we like the dangling spiders and the confetti-look of the background. Those spiders would be fun to do in beads or black metallic, and so would the pumpkin eyes. This measures only 73 x 95, so little at 4 x 5 on 36ct!
New Designs by Hello from Liz Matthews
- My Home in the Garden - Liz is a gardener, so she's created this using all the colors in her garden. Along with the sunshine yellows and sky blues, she's added all the charming stylized flowers. Finishes approx 11 x 12-1/2 on 32ct... these bands would be super pretty stitched individually and then finished into a set of drum-shaped cushions - you could leave on the alphabet, or not - and just have rounds and rounds of flowers! Look at the Klara Hansen piece.
- Old Friends - *Your heart and my heart are very old friends.* So simple, it just says everything! Of course you can change fabric and thread colors... I hope you have another heart to stitch this for!
- Klara Hansen - What a pretty piece! Choose a fabric, then a thread - this is DMC #502. Can you see how the sampler is divided and stitched? The bottom half is the drum, and the top half is a pincushion. Now, look at My home in the Garden again and see how you can divide that up - using the different finishing techniques!
This one has that cool branch of owls, all those pretty leaves and acorns, and then all the jacks and cats along the bottom.
Lots to look at, it finishes approx 6 x 12 on 32ct Legacy Linen by Picture This Plus, and is stitched with regular DMC!
Red R Sampler
from Hello From Liz Matthews
Yes, there is a red R on here! An interesting reproduction piece, the red and blue vertical lines on the left and right extend up and down into the framed area edges... the original was stitched on an old linen grain sack - so those mimic the sack!
There is a lot of 4-Sided on here, as well as Algerian Eyelet - actually both alphabets at the top. Measuring 229 x 216, it is also coded for silks or DMC floss.
from Hello From Liz Matthews
- Butterfly Cloche - What a pretty piece! Measuring 171 x 191, this is stitched on 40ct and measures approx 8-1/2 x 9-1/2. The colors are so yummy... Liz is showing single butterflies attached to the bottoms of antique glass paperweights as a neat finishing idea. DMCs of 937, 732, 3809, 310, 413, 3866, 927, 829, 839, 3826, 680, 918 and blanc.
- Gather Here - I love this one! Stitched in just one hand-dyed thread color (pick one you like!), this finishes a generous 15-1/2 x 7 on 36ct! Clean and contemporary!
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 - 6 CST, Monday - Friday
10 - 5 CST, Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2021 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.