6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Welcome to our Ever-Growing Market Arrival Page!|
The Needlework Industry's annual trade show happened the first week of March. 160+ Designers and Manufacturers showed their wares, and all of us Shops came to choose our favorites and buy them all.
Probably not everything I am going to buy... but a preview of treats we brought home with us Monday, March 6th.Cards will be charged at shipping time beginning Tuesday, March 7th.
If you are anywhere near The Silver Needle beginning that Tuesday... come and enjoy our Browsing Buckets. We gather one of everything new... organize it... sit you down with chocolate if you need it... and you get to go through, touch and inspect everything! Make a pile... we'll gather it together for you... and Zip-Zap... you're all set!
4 Tiny Pin Sets from PuntiniPuntini
2023 Squirrel Pin Trio
2023 Ladybug Pin Trio
2023 Spring Pin Trio
2023 Seashore Pin Trio
Paola hand-makes all her own clay buttons and pins. Such pretty shading is created by layers and layers of slightly different colored polymer clay that she stacks together and shapes to create her clay 'canes.' Each little 'thing' is a cross-slice of that cane... delightful to watch the process.
Anyway, her things are charming, and while they do not have specific designs to go with them, they are delightful and can poke into anything just on their own! Sets of 3 pins, we have baby squirrels, ladybugs, a spring medley and seashells with a sailboat. I bet you can think of numerous different cushion designs for these.
When I Think of Easter, Just One More Chapter and Seasons Houses
- When I Think of Easter and Just One More Chapter are two charming 'thinking' designs by Puntini's Paola. She has a whole series of charts like these - gardening, stitching and traveling are a few, along with seasons and the months of the year. Each finishes about 3 x 7 and is coded for DMC flosses.
Paola makes polymer clay buttons and pins and has an extensive collection of pieces you can use to garnish all her designs. You can see some poking out from the upper corner of the stitched pillow. Cruise down her page to see all her groupings - they are enchanting, and it's hard to choose favorites! We've ordered a set of 4 seasonal houses as well... they are shown on our Puntini Puntini Page.
- Seasons Houses - This is the 4-chart set of seasonal houses that are BITTY! Just 3 x 4 each, they are charted for Weeks Dye Works hand-dyed threads. They don't have any specific buttons or pins, but browse down the page to see your decoration options. These would be finished as one block stand-up with a different season on each side. Then poke some cute pins in the top - how cute!
Gingerly Spiced Teapot from Blackberry Lane Designs
Marie D has a cute new pair of designs - both are offered in the same chart pack! Mrs Gingerly is worked on Gingerbread hand-dyed linen with 18 different shades of DMC floss. She measures about 6 x 7 on 32ct and is worked over two threads.
Her companion tea party ornament is a little smaller - about 4-1/2 inches in size. The charts are big and clear.
There are finishing materials of green ribbon, white ball trim, and darling sugar-y gum drop beads you see on the ornament hanger, along with finishing instructions included in the chart.
Mrs Gingerly is dressed in a rich red dress and surrounded by her border of greenery. The clay JABCO buttons shown in the 4 corners of her design are offered separately, and optional to the design. Very festive... we have a little time to get this done before next Christmas!
Spirit of Christmas and Noel Ornaments - Two new sets
from Lila's Studio
- Spirit of Christmas Sets One and Two - This is a nicely done set of 8 coordinating ornament designs - all presented in two separate charts - parts one and two. A Scandanavian flavor to them, each measures only 3-1/8 on 36ct, and all are stitched with the same color set of DMC and Sampler Threads. Who knew that plain twine would look so good for the finishing?
- Noel en Rouge and Blue - Christmas in Red or Blue - Eight little Christmas sweaters that aren't ugly! Finishing just 3-1/8 on 36ct... you could put these on the new 18ct perforated paper and make your finishing even easier than these finished ornaments. You COULD change up the colors to MAKE these ugly - especially if you have someone in mind who matches one of these sweaters - and owns and WEARS it at Christmastime! They are just cute as can be. Presented in small chart format - just like tiny bunnies and chicks driving around in their fruit and vegetable vehicles!
New Designs from Lila's Studio
- Summer Quakers - Love this! A charming seaside village perched beside the busy sea! There is a ship arriving, and we are treated to all the 'busy-ness' below the water's surface! Next, all is surrounded by glorious Quaker-inspired sampler motifs - making an elegant and involved border. Notice the crabs and lobster in it? Measures 267 x 216 - so it finishes approx 15 x 12 on 36ct. Hand-dyed fabric in the picture is Fibre On A Whim's Latte - which is a gret neutral color. Coded for DMC.
- The Lord's Prayer - The favorite prayer quietly stitched in DMC on a neutral background. This measures 238 x 296 - so about 13 x 16 on 36ct.
- Mary Jane's Motifs - This is a set of pin cushions done from motifs taken from a larger antique sampler. Super classic urn and floral designs... you can change colors if need be - these aren't too involved, so that isn't hard. They are just classic, simple rpetty designs that caught my eye!
Prairie Necessaire Sewing Case and Scissor Fob from Fern Ridge Collections
This is a cute Little-House-on-the-Prairie inspired set of smalls... the case is lace trimmed and features buttons, old fashioned safety pins, a spinning wheel chart and a tiny wooden covered wagon button. The complete kit contains all the linens, fabrics, threads embellishments - everything to make this 4 x 6 case.
The Beaded fob is totally fun by itself - in case you want no case! Blue sky and the wheat growing in the Plains. you can see the wheat charm tucked in between the fronds of the grassy green fringe. Soft bead colors - everything matches between the case and fob. Case will take about 12 hours to complete - the fob - about 3-1/2!
American Pie, Peaceful Pondering and Feeling Crabby?
from Meridian Designs
Meridian Designs has three cute new things...
- American Pie is a cheerful 3 x 5 pin cushion design stitched on really any 14-16 or 28-32 fabric background you like. Along with the chart, she has included BOTH cuts of the red and blue finishing fabric you see in the pic as well as the white baby balls and blue rik rak trim! Really a cute finish, the pillow back is the red fabric - so your will look just like the cover pic. Coded for DMC - choose from your stash on that.
- Peaceful Pondering and Feeling Crabby? I guess two very different moods! Serene dragonflies, or edgy, prickly crabs! These are each offered in their separate charts and I liked them both. Coded for DMC, they are stitched on fun colors of fabrics and garnished with a few Mill Hill beads. (Some opalescent Treasure Braid would be awesome in those dragonflies!) Just 60 x 60 each, colorful and happy.
Liberty Lobstah and Hedge Hugs
from The Elegant Thread
We hit Summertime and Valentines with these two offerings by The Elegant Thread!
- Liberty Lobstah is just a fun little creepy crustacian! Stitched on a creme background, with 5 shades of Weeks Dye Works hand-dyed flosses, it'll finish 5 x 7 - with the words, or 3 x 5 without. Just a silly and cute little thing, the chart includes three silvertoned patriotic charms. Elegant Thread's Lobstah Dinner Ornament kit is still available as well - cute just like this one!
- Hedge Hugs - Isn't this cute? Your baby hedgehog is bringing your love! Coded for Sulky thread - just follow the color pic on the chart cover to choose DMC, this finishes just 4 x 5 on 16/32ct. I'd choose a pretty brown Simply Wool for the hedgehog fur and a little black metallic for his eyes and nose!
Tulips in Bloom
from Olde Colonial Designs
This is a sweet scissor fob and thread board set by Olde Colonial. It is presented as a complete kit of fabric, threads, finishing board, cording and that darling 3 x 3 wooden bunny board - featuring 8 holes for threads.
Measuring just 2 x 2, stitched on 32ct Country Vintage Mocha linen with bits of DMC and Weeks hand-dyed flosses, you wrap your work around the octagonal board, back it with the included felt, attaching the cord, and you're finished! It is really cute, and everything is in this little 3 x 3 - window box that you need! Something cute, small and fast - with lots of impact when it's done!
Four Fun Smalls from The Purple Thread
Ms Sharon was busy this season creating 4 darling new small projects... she always presents them in kit format with the coolest little embellishments and materials!
- Make a Wish - This is a tiny Birthday Cake scissor fob! Stitched on 32ct white with DMC, it's garnished with a tiny silver flower charm. Sharon says she stitches these for all her Stitching Friends on their birthdays. Her complete kit contains the chart, needle, charm threads, pink mini-rik-rak and the most delicious fray striped raw silk backing fabric. All you add is stuffing and love! Little Fob finishes 2 x 2.
- Mend and Make Do - Stitched with only 2 colors, you embellish with cut bits of included wool, pins, a snap, and a couple of buttons. Super cute as a pin cushion, this finishes approx 3 x 4. The complete kit includes the chart, 28 creme Cashel Linen, threads, needle, buttons, hook and eye, snap, beads, the wool... even darling button fabric for the backing and tea-dyed vintage baby rik rak for the edge.
- Heart to Heart - This one is a ready-made 4-1/2 x 5 zipper pouch that you are embellishing with your needlework. Sharon planned the color of the linen to match the color of the pouch - your threads are butterscotch, teal and fuscia... and the bit of stitching is trimmed and attached to the outside of the pouch with the included lace and shell buttons.
- Willow's Bag - Another handy little fabric zipper pouch, this one measures 5 x 9, and is garnished with your stitching. Rose and mossy green, this border design will feature your name in the center (don't stitch Willow's in there!) and then trimmed with green cording and vintage rik rak. This would make a really really nice gift for a stitcher, because you can make it, and it's FINISHED for both you and your receiver! Complete contains all you need - chart, linen, nedle, threads, embellishments - everything!
Matilda Mouse, Scarecrow Matilda, Matilda Sews, Miss Jenny and Jeremiah from Finally a Farmgirl
Here are 5 cute little personalities all by new designer - Finally a Farmgirl. Presented as charts, they are all small, and stitched with a combo of DMC along with Weeks and Classic Colorworks hand-dyeds. The charts are in color... but a bit hard to see, so maybe blow them up a little.
- Matilda Mouse is the teeniest at 3-1/2 inches on 32ct Summer Khaki. Love that tape measure twill tape on the finishing (we have it - by lady Dot Creates - black, yellow or creme.)
- Scarecrow Matilda is 4 x 5... cute for Fall.
- Matilda Sews companions the first one... look at her baby peeking from behind the tomato cushion!
- Miss Jenny is a toad - she's kind of hard to see in the pic because of the curve of the cushion. We think she is holding a sampler in one hand, and books in the other... Matilda is there on a neighboring mushroom!
- Jeremiah is smitten with Jenny - his chart is the one that is hard to read... but he's cute, and worth the effort! Jeremiah finishes about 6 x 5.
What's Cracking, Easter Bunny and Egg Hunt from Shannon Christine and Erin Elizabeth Designs
Shannon Christine and Erin Elizabeth Designs have three colorful new designs to celebrate Spring and Easter! Presented in three separate charts... each is coded for good 'ol regular DMC - and don't they look great?
Choose some pretty pastel fabrics to work these on. (I'm always a fan of adding a little metallic sparkle or beads to patterns like these - Rainbow Gallery has Petite Treasure Braid - metallic - thin as floss, it comes in 90+ colors. RG's Wisper is another furry option - very thin, perfect for 14 aida or 32ct linen stitching.)
What's Cracking measures 75 x 87 - so a mere 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 on 32ct.
Easter Bunny measures 126 x 91 - so 8 x 5-1/2-ish on 32ct.
Egg Hunt measures 63 x 63 - just 4 x 4 on 32ct.
New Hand-dyeds from Weeks Dye Works, The Gentle Art and Classic Colorworks - The Spring 2023 Sets
Each of the three companies have added a few new colors to their collections - all have been added to our clicky-boxes on their respective pages, but if you want to grab them easily... here they are, all bundled together by company.
- Weeks Dye Works Cotton Floss: Apple Pucker, Chia, Mountain Mist, Sun Dried and Winnie B Blue
- Gentle Art's Sampler Threads Cotton Floss: Ohio Sky and Habanero
- Gentle Art's Simply Wool: Adobe and Spring Grass
- Classic Colorworks Cotton Floss: Cottage Daisies, Storm Lake Sunrise, Fields of Green and Priscilla's Peppermint
Millie Melon Eater and Peter Pumpkin Eater
from Ingleside Imaginarium
Oh my gosh, these are the CUTEST little opossoms enjoying fruits of the season! Little baby Millie has been munching on her sweet summer melon... and I bet she's nice and cool sitting right in it! Peter looks as pleased as pie... he's so lucky that he ran into an unattended pumpkin on someone's front porch! (We had something eat all our pumpkins we left outside last Fall ... I bet we made our yard critters as happy as these!)
Anyway, presented as charts, each finishes about 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 on 32ct linen, and uses both DMC and a smattering of hand-dyed flosses. I think these are charming and so unique, just love 'em!
Bee Happy, Happy Bunny Day and Spring from Val's Stuff
Three cute Spring-y Things to makle you smile from Val's Stuff!
- Bee Happy is a tiny wearable pin or magnet design. Stitched on 18ct perforated paper, it measures only 1-1/2 inches square in size. You get the chart, 18ct white paper, the pink and black felts, a pink heart button and a pin back. You need BITS of your DMC floss, just a sweet little piece.
- Happy Bunny Day - Another small kit, again on the new 18ct white perforated paper, this one includes the chart, paper, yellow and pink felts, a pink JABCO clay button, and a bit of white pearl cotton for a hanger. You add bits of DMC from your stash, this finishes approx 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 in size.
- Spring - This one comes just as a chart. It is stitched on Weeks 32ct Banana Popsicle hand-dyed linen - or another bright yellow fabric. (Val suggests backstitching the bunny with Peoria Purple floss if you cannot find a bright enough yellow background.) Weeks flosses along with DMC are used, this finishes approx 3 x 5 on 16/32ct.
Day of the Dead & Hungarian Folk Art #4 from Glendon Place
Cheryl Granda has some fun new designs that are bright and colorful...
- Dia De Los Muertos celebrates the Mexican holiday which is a celebration of life and respect for deceased family members. (I didn't really get it till I saw Coco - the Disney movie!) Something fun, if it's special to you, this measures a whopping 12 x 18, so get a fat quarter of the chalkboard gray color it is worked on. Coded for silks or DMC, there are lots of Mill Hill beads on here as well.
- Hungarian Folk Art #4 - a lovely basket of colorful eggs amidst such a flurry of greenery and the wavy basket. Just pretty, festive and very eye-catching! Coded for DMC, Cheryl has chosen an opalescent white background, and has embellished the stitching with Mill Hill beads. This measures approx 12 x 12 on 14/28ct.
- Phantom Plantation - Glendon Place has a spooky Halloween piece of a place I never want to visit! Phantom Plantation measures about 12 x 19 on 28ct... would be a little smaller on smaller count fabric. Worked with 63 different shades of DMC floss, there is actually no metallic in here - but I bet you could find fun places to add it! Everything is creepy in here... the moss on the trees, the monsters crawling out of the pond, the horse, the snake in the tree, and the eyes hidden inside the hollow tree... it's really kind of a fun piece! I don't think this is new - copyright date says 2019 - but she had it on display at Market, and we had to have some copies! So... if you're in an 'edgy mood', get this - it'll make you HAPPY!
Tomato Cushion, Trims and Finishing Packets
Lady Dot had some fun little treats in her room at market this year!
- Garden Fresh is a DARLING little tomato pin cushion perched on top of a wooden spool. Super cute, (and probably super easy to make... I don't think I'd want to mess with gathering all the pieces though) - just buy this charming little thing! She's wrapped her spool with coordinating fabrics in red, white and black, wound them with a matching cord, topped with felt greenery, and topped with a juicy tomato - really a big red felt ball. Then, in case you have no pins that look good, she's even made you a trio of decorated pins to dress your tomato! Zip Zap - Cute. Actually, I am at home writing words, and this one is now perched in a fun place of honor on my desk - it's not going back to the Silver Needle!
- Rockets Red Glare - This season's finishing packet with pin-cushioned-sized lengths of ribbons and trims for small projects. Lois has a few charms in here as well. The ideal is to provide bits of trims and those charms so you can finish two or three things. You do not have to go shopping for decorations, and way-over-spend buying yards and yards of trims and stuff that you'll never use again. It's a great idea, and looks very festive!
- Neutrals and Prim - This season's finishing packets - these include velveteens and trims - enough for three small cushions - so you can finish yours into a matching set. Again, the idea is to save time and chasing to find 'good ingredients' for your finishing. Lois does a great job of getting you cute bits and pieces that you'd never find if you tried! Everything goes together for lovely mix and matching.
Let's Go Sledding, Bloomin' Bunnies Trio and Channing Street Sampler
from Annie Beez Folk Art
- Let's Go Sledding - Isn't this a cute set of ornaments? All red, white, and black, they are stitched on 14ct brown perforated paper and attached to the tiny wooden sleds we sell so many of! Stitch count for each is a mere 17 x 31 - so you know they work up in a jiff. We have a baker's Dozen on those sleds, and all 12 designs are included in this pack.
- Bloomin' Bunnies Trio - All three charts are included in this pack.. and actually I think that BLOOM would be cute stitched and mounted to the backs of lots of pin cushions! Bunny is cute, she'd look good stitched with a little Gentle Art Simply Wool!
- Channing Street Sampler - An original piece, this is dedicated to Annie's late husband who she lost in 2021. The story inside the chart makes you cry... they lived on Channing Street for 30 years, raised their family there - complete with all those dogs, cats and chickens running around in the yard. Coded for DMC it finishes approx 9 x 11 on 36ct. It's a lovely piece.
New Offerings by Heartstring Samplery
- Sunday Stitches - This is a book filled with 15 different and favorite church hymns. You might remember that Beth released 12 of these over a year period a few years back - with limited availability. Individual charts have been retired, but now that whole set PLUS three more are together in this really nice book. She has history about each hymn, the chart, finished pictures and even a few vintage church pics in here! Beautifully presented, each is stitched on different fabrics, and all are different shapes and sizes.
- Sting Like a Bee - This the Beth's half of a collaboration with Plum Street Samplers. Inspired by a quote from Muhammad Ali - 'Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee' - we have two halves that work individually, but go together. Finishing about 4 x 5 as a pin cushion... stitched with DMC flosses on Country Vintage Mocha linen.
- French Flea Market Biscornu - Actually quite large in size, this features gently denim-blue flowers on one side, with stripes on the reverse - which remind me of French Tea towels. Weeks flosses, there is a DMC conversion, but this measures 114, so on 36ct this finishes a generous 6 inches! Beth has a little history in here about the origin of Flea Markets - kind of fun to read. Does this design remind you of our recent 'A Little Help From our Friends Stitching Circle?' Our Bee Biscornu companions this!
- Home Sweet Home - This piece can be stitched a couple of different ways... one with trees and a house, one without those but a picture inside instead. Using Weeks flosses, this finishes about 6 x 9 on 36ct... but if you are going to use a photo in the center - you might have to adjust your fabric count to make sure it fits. A really cool way to showcase a special family photo, it could be a 'family established' piece.
Two Reprinted Past Favorites from Blackbird Designs
- United We Stand is a lovely 20-page booklet featuring three designs with a patriotic theme. The main 'mattress' with the eagle in the center is done on 36ct Wren by Picture This Plus and measures a generous 6 inches square by about an inch high. Stunning in design, there is a verse all around the sides, and it is coded for Weeks and-dyed flosses. Lots of assembly photos are included to help make your finishing task easy! The scissor case folds together and ties closed to contain your scissors. A few specialty stitches on here, also Weeks flosses, also 36ct Wren, this measures about 6 inches before it's folded closed. Last is the Needle book, featured on the back cover. A gorgeous billowing flag steals the show on this one! Fantastic inside pics of the case... there is a sampler inside, some needle pages, and a floral urn motif on the back. Charming!
- Birds of a Feather - We remember this design as being one of Barb and Alma's first. Super primitive flower basket with birds, it is shown on 32ct with silks or DMC floss.
from Ink Circles
Just a fun thing from Ink Circle's Tracy. Stitched on 30ct Dove hand-dyed linen by Weeks Dye Works using good 'ol DMC it's just a happy thing!
You have drinks from all over the world on here... all the fix'ins... it's just fun to identify everything and imagine yourself enjoying some of them! Finishes an impressive 10 x 10... might be perfect for a vacation home!
This Year's Market Cookbook is GREAT!
63 Pages of yummy recipes by designers, manufacturers and shop owners in the industry - everyone always submits their family favorites for this fun little annual cookbook. Besides all the desert recipes, we have appetizers, beverages, soups and salads, Crock and Insta Pot recipes, Veges, and mains. Some have submitted old family photos, even the original recipe cards!
Free charts throughout... I tried to count, but get distracted by all the other pics in here. Blackbird's design is pictured here, a darling tomato pin cushion chart by Violets and Verses, Shepherd's Bush shared their butterscotch bars they make every Saturday - to put out on a plate inside their shop front door, and Val's Stuff''s little bunny is darling! For $12 it's a steal. (And I think, a moment in time. I have three other 'back-issues' from years past. (Yarn Tree always sells out of these.) and there are recipes in them from people who we no longer see. So... that moment in time
New Miniature Knotwork by Teresa Layman
We are enchanted by these teeny-tiny French Knot pieces by Teresa Layman. One strand of DMC, making single wrap knots (filling in the design just like paint-by-number), you will be creating miniature rugs or little pieces to frame.
Patterns come printed on high quality fabric, with color quide included, as well as two small needles. You will need bits of floss from your stash, a good hoop and a sharp pair of small scissors. You are simply filling in the areas with hundreds of bitty knots!
Shepherd's Bush has announced their newest offerings for Spring 2023!
- Where We Dwell - Presented as a kit, this 4-inch cushion is stitched on 32ct Patriot's Gray hand-dyed linen with Weeks flosses of deep cranberry and denim. The kit comes with Navy Lady Dot chenille trim and totally luscious red and denim finishing fabric for your cushion back. There are tiny buttons in here as well... isn't that little striped sheep cute? So, kit includes the chart, linen, trim, backing fabric, flosses, needle and buttons.
- Sweet Land Sampler - All stitched in cranberry, denims and white-grays of Weeks hand-dyed flosses. his finishes approx 6 x 8 on 32ct French Mocha linen... includes special stitches and a trio of tiny button embellishments. Kit contains the chart, linen, threads, buttons and needle.
- Spring Bag - Another fun mesh bag pattern. Your stitching showcased on the front - this one says 'Spring' and obviously companions 'Winter!' Sheep and flowers - I see a stitcher nestled in the letter G! Mesh pouches available separately, in at least 6 different colors, and buttons available separately as well. These are all super cute - the pouches are really nice sized, and it makes your container fun! Presented as the chart.
- Liberty Bag - Another fun little 5 x 7 zippered fabric pouch that can store your stitching tools, this one is decorated with Land of Liberty and a little village scene. Kit includes the pre-sewn bag, buttons, bits of threads and the chart.
- Red White and Blue - This season's 10ct design - presented in a little kit - it finishes about 4 x 5 on the 10ct Sand Tula. The kit includes the fabric, threads and button. These make great beginning kits for new stitchers - cute, easy to see and fast.
- Flowers for Ewe - This year's annual Ewe - we have him for Christmas, Halloween and Patriotic - here he's in a garden of flowers. The handmade button included in the kit is a clay coneflower. Stitched on 20ct linen with hand-dyed flosses and perle cottons, it finishes about 3 x 4. The complete kit also contains the hand-dyed green chenille trim - which is almost impossible to see in the pic - but it's there!
- Kind Heart - A tiny 2 x 2-ish design, this is stitched on 32ct Mountain Heater hand-dyed linen, with Weeks hand-dyed flosses. The stitch count is only 34 x 35... so small and quick to stitch, this would make a nice scissor fob! Complete kit - fabric, threads, buttons chart and needle!
Presenting the New from Summer House Stitch Workes
- Fragments in Time 2023 - Beth has been doing Fragment sets for 10 years now - this year's designs are inpired by antique Berlin Woolwork Samplers. Each of the 8 small 3 x 3 pin cushions can be stitch individually or joined together inside Beth's freebie border chart. Color scheme is bold and deep this year! The first design is a charming cottage - I want to live there! You'll need: Classic's Fresh Brew, Dublin Bay, Brandied Pears, Egghsell, Polliwog, Bean Sprout, Rose Petal, Chili Pepper, Tennessee Red Clay, and Weeks Loden. Lady Dot's Thndercloud is the featured trim, and you'll need a fat quarter of whatever linen you like best to stitch these either individually or together. Charts one and two release in March 2023, 3 & 4 in May, 5 & 6 in July and 7 & 8 finish the set in September.
- Superior Bees - Beth writes: 'Look into your imagination, where things in the garden are not quite what they seem. Time blossoms forth, tended by honey producing 'bees.' They are the key to life in this fanciful pollination production line. The contrivance is the dream-child of our mythical Professor Hivemann and is sure to enliven your agronomic stitching adventures. Have a bit of stitching fun with this steampunk inspired design! Doesn't that put a neat spin on this? Stitched on a sage colored linen with only 3 colors Gloriana silks or DMC of 310, ecru and 167, the whole thing finishes only 4-1/2 x 5 on 40ct!
- Christmas Past - Paper ornaments inspired by old Victorian designs! Cut out the stitching and place a favorite photo in each center to really personalize your tree. Choose one color - your favorite - for these. One package of perf paper (we have that in numerous colors as well) will do your entire set... and there are charms to attach to each ornament. (Charm Pack contains charms for all 9 ornaments, and right now, offered separately.) This is chart one of the set of three charts.
- Between Friends is a 4-part collaboration with Hands On Design. A Spring Sampling includes 2 designs - one by C, the other by B - books full of cute projects and finishing ideas. This is the first - no news as to releases of the other three. But even so, just THIS one is cute! 24 Pages of the 8 projects, each is beautifully photographed, and Cathy has added lots of clear pics during her finishing processes. They have a 'Stitch Academy' section in here... I read that the odd numbers in the stitch diagrams are always needle up, even number is always down, and remember to pull 'up' stitches to get the pretty holes you are looking for! Just a tiny tidbit of what resides inside these beautiful pages!
Silver Creek Samplers Previews!
Diane hasn't sent design sizes, fabric availability is hit and miss, but you can get a good idea from the pics which will be your favorites!
- Deputy Doxie's Posse - Gentle Art Sampler Threads and DMC. Finishes approx 6 x 5 on 32ct... Diane is hooked on dog rescue - so this little guy reminds her of THREE of hers!
- Jurassic Perk - Silly for a coffee-lover. This would be fun wrapped around a coffee container... or hanging above the coffee maker at work! Finishes about 4-1/2 x 6 on 30ct, stitched with DMC.
- Tea-Rex - Tea Rex is a 'tea-lightful' desgin steeped in humor!" But... Diane stitched it on Cappuccino hand-dyed linen! DMC, finishes approx 3-1/2 x 11 on 32ct.
- Migh-TEA Fobulous - Several fun puns for tea lovers! All finish as smalls, less than 2 x 2 scissor fobs!
- Introverted - 'But will eagerly discuss everything cross stitch' - Gentle Art Sampler Threads - this would be cute with pins and buttons from your stash, a little metallic... maybe even make some little skeins of floss to attach! Finishes approx 8-1/2 x 4 on 36ct, and stitched with Gentle Art hand-dyed cottons or DMC, might need to hang by your stitching chair!
- Free Bee - About 4 x 4 - Weeks hand-dyed flosses. Stitched with Weeks hand-dyeds or DMC, it'd make a cute cushion for a bee-loving American!
- Planting Daisies - Love this one... 'You planted daisies in my heart that bloom and grow each day. Indeed I see your love for me inside thier sweet bouquet.' Stitched against a sage green fabric, it finishes approx 7 inches on 32ct. Diane's Mr Silver Creek Samplers gifts her with daisies... she has a tiny story about it on the back of this chart. I see bee charms in the cover pic - the chart doesn't come with them... so you might skip them, or find some cute ones on your next shopping jaunt!
- Reaching for Hope - 'Give the world your love and care, let hate be cast out everywhere.' Finishes approx 10 x 4 on 32ct, this is stitched with DMC floss but the words are Grecian Gold and Scuppernong hand-dyed!
Hands On Designs has several fun new things!
- Between Friends: A Spring Sampling (first of the 4 seasons) is a collaboration between Cathy and Beth Ann Seal of Summer House Stitche Workes. We're getting 4 books with 2 projects each... one from C and one from B. (Only from the pics - I count more than that.) They're big on finishing and lovely graphics, so this'll be a fun set! No release schedule yet for the other three, but we'll have them!
- The Spring Basket - The final set of these... just gorgeous... Cathy suggests you find your finishing fabric first, then coordinate the threads. Chart includes all three designs, and we now have all the other seasons.
- Plaid All year: Hoppy Easter, 4th Of July, Oh Canada - These are small 3 x 3 designs that are stitched on a black or gunmetal background. With touches of checkerboard patterns in them, Cathy laughs that they aren't 'plaid' at all... but that's the word that comes to mind to describe them! Each design is offered separately in small chart format.
- The Polar Plunge Set - There will be 6 charts total in this set. Here are the first three - the next two available soon, and the 6th is a PDF Cathy will be selling from her site later this year, as a fundraiser for Special Olympics.
Polar Bear Peek, Wally the Walrus and Whale Hello There are the three featured... awfully cute! Threads needed for the whole set are Classic Colorworks of Black Coffee, Field of Greens, Honeycomb, Key Largo, Mint Julep, Persimmon, Ribbon Red, Snowball (2), Stepping Stones (2), Tartan Plaid and Thundercloud.
Cathy has a special place in her heart for The Special Olympics... this is one of her fundraiser pieces! A total of 6 designs in the set - we will have the first 5 - the final one will be available later his year - as a download on her website - with your donation to Special Olympics. (See her site for those details.) Anyway, this charming set of 3 x 3-ish water and wildlife scenes is endearing! Choose a blue fabric -- these are mounted on her set of finishing boards - which are PAPER-covered! Those cute flakes on there are PAPER! How sneaky is that? No hunting for fabric, glue on the paper, zip-zap! Lady Dot snow rik rack is the featured trim - one package will do all 6 designs. Love that little walrus!
New for Winter, Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day from Primrose Cottage Stitches
- St Patrick's Day - Something fun to stitch for next St Pat's Day! Primrose Cottage's medley of words design for the holiday companions their Valentine's day design. Presented in a leaflet, this measures 91 stitches square - so about 6-1/2 on 14ct. One of the things Lindsey likes about her Subway Art charts is that you can split them apart and make smalls out of them. She has multiple examples in here. Anyway, colorful, easy and fun. Always cool to add metallics and beads... see what golds and greens await in your stash!
- Hey Sweetheart! - What a fun Valentine greeting to stitch in a jiff! Split up all the words and do small cushions or little blocks... or make a pillow or block stand-up - lots of possibilities. This is coded for regular DMC, but what an opportunity to get out your hand-dyed pinks and various metallics and beads! As charted in the leaflet, the main piece measures 100 x 101 - so about 6 inches on 16/32ct.
- Snowplace Like Home - Even though I want Valentine's Day... that doesn't mean half the country isn't still covered in snow! This 4 x 6 (on 32ct) piece is done with regular DMC floss on Vintage County Mocha - which comes in counts from 14 to 40! Add some opalescent to all that snow, and maybe a carrot nose button or two! Charted for DMC.
Incoming Patterns from Primrose Cottage Stitches
- I'd Rather Bee Stitching - Just a cute pin cushion design for all of us. Measures 124 x 42 - 9 x 3 on 28ct white - just a cute design ready for fun finishing fabrics. Coded for DMC.
- Fresh Lemonade - This is a bitty thing, but if you finish it like this... it is tall enough to stand out in your display bowl. Just bits of DMC.
- Snowman 2023 - This little guy is super cute! Tall hat and that billowing scarf, he's worked on any taupe fabric - so the white shows up. Coded for DMC, he's only 57 x 61 - so about 4 x 4 on 28ct.
- Perfect Hot Cocoa - Not too big to try stitching on black fabric! Just 3 x 3 on 14ct... this is done with overdyed flosses and a little DMC. Super cute, imagine looking in your cocoa cup and seeing little legs like this!
- Welcome to the North Pole - This is colorful, busy and fun! Stitch it tall, or stitch it wide... it has everything in here you need for Christmas! (You could even take 2 rows, stitch them together for a 12-inch strip and make little drums out of them.) Measuring 100 x 257, it'll finish approx 6 x 16 on 32ct. Coded for hand-dyeds or DMC, some metallics, beads and buttons would be fun additions on here.
New Spring Arrivals from The Blue Flower
- Rabbit Parade - Jeannine loves little animals, and she has a profusing of unusual ones in this pic! If you've done her 'Animal Alphabet' you know she uses all kinds of animals that you never knew EXISTED! She'll tell you their contry of origin in her chart... so unfortunately I cannot tell you who everyone is on this one either! But, can you see that they are all wearing bunny ears? She uses smoky blue linens a lot... a soft color which lets her whites show up. Rabbit Parade measures 173 x 80 - so 9-ish x 4 on 36ct.
- Spring Quail - Three designs in this chart pack... our Spring bird is surrounded by Dogwood blossoms, and coordinates with Winter Quail. Again, the smokey blue fabric and gently flowing vines and stems.
- Tudor Goat - Jeannine says this is the latest in her 'Tudor Menagerie Series.' Her goat is earing a crown and surrounded by lavish flowers - her signature flowing leaves against that smokey blue background.
- The Glad Sun - Celebrating the return of the Spring Sun, the splash fo flowers has a Art Nouveau feel to me! Stitched on a soft gray, coded for DMC and hand-dyeds.
Paulette has sent her Plum Street Samplers Release
- Float - Happy, colorful, light and charming! This year's collaboration with Heartstring Samplery - 'Float' goes with 'Sting'. Float is done with DMC and is shown on Country Vintage Mocha linen. Paulette calls this a Pin Keep or a Pin Give! This finishes approx 3 x 5.
- Penny Spring - A companion to Penny Autumn, a little spring fox is up there in the trees - (do foxes climb trees?) Penny Autumn has the rust border, this one the pretty pinks. Coded for DMC and hand-dyeds.
- Spring Moon - A glorious blue garden surrounding a pale blue house... Paulette has textures and angles and curves all over in this! The fun flowers, the monochromatic patterned tree and tulips in the lawn, the straight house and the angled basket... then you have that running rabbit - jumping over everything - by the light of the moon! Did you see the striped blue tulips - colored versions of the ones below? Finishes approx 8 x 9 on 36ct - just delightful!
- Starbarks - More little weenie dogs enjoying their morning coffee together! Everyone loves all of Paulette's doggy pics - so she'd done another one! Coffee colors, quilt stars... just for fun!
- Tortoise Tower - The next animal stack design - we're getting happy whimsical colors this time around. Love that profusion of fun flowers in the background... Paulette does tell you that you can change the turtle shell colors if you want - but I'm not sure what you'd choose... maybe do the turtles in brown, then the shells in a mossy, sharp green to share the attention with the flowers.
- This I Know A Charming design - Paulette's Market Exclusive for the shops that attend the show. I like the repeating shapes of the leaves and little sheep! If you don't want a pink church, maybe choose a darker fabric and make it creamy? And, wouldn't different colors of Simply Wool or Wisper make those little sheep fuzzy and cute?
Springamajigs from Satsuma Street
Aren't these Springy and cute? By Satsuma Street, these are 4 new kits that make 8 little ornaments.
14ct Perforated paper, all the necessary flosses and a few sequins tossed on for glamour... these are fun to tuck into Easter Baskets or bowls of eggs and cushions, or hang in your windows! Each finishes approx 2 x 3.
Stacy Nash has outdone herself with her collection of Spring releases - we are ENCHANTED! Here we go...
- Sarah's Sewing Bag - Stitched on the flap, backside and inside this old brick house and flower baskets come from one of Stacy's antique samplers in her collection. 36Ct, Weeks flosses, case measures 10 x 5 when folded closed. Oilcloth, Charcoal, Swiss Chocolate, Oscar, Chesapeake, Straw, Linen, chestnut, Carolina Cecil, Caper, Bright Leaf and Sanguine.
- Spring Chickens PinKeep - LOVE THIS! What a fun finish for a pin cushion - just simple tucked corners that follow the border stitching - it has a whole charming new look! 36Ct hand-dyed linen, Weeks threads of Kohl, Oscar, Palomino, Pink Sand, Charcoal, Arrowhead, London Fog, Havana, Pamlico, Confederate Gray, Red Rocks, Whitewash and Schneckley. It measures a generous 9-1/2 inches, and I think that size makes a really cool presentation - especially if it's stuffed with heavy lizard litter!
- Pretty in Pink - a sweet pinkeep that features a spool of thread and a tiny skein of floss... I think this is the house of a stitcher - who must have a green thumb because her garden is lovely! Weeks Parchment, Grasshopper, Cocoa, Charlotte's Pink, and Raspberry - just 5 colors in this 7-1/2 x 6-1/2 delight! Finished with rik-rak trim.
- Spring Basket Pinkeep - One of my favorites - A charming aqua basket with that spindly handle - full of lovely lilting tulips! The bunny, chicks and hen all add charm. Stitched on 36ct hand-dyed with Weeks flosses, this finishes approx 9 x 6-1/2 and is trimmed with rouched silk ribbon.
- Birds of a Feather Needle Book - You stitch all FOUR sides of this! Stacy was thinking of all the pretty eggs that can fill Easter baskets - this one is covered in birds and berries. 36ct Linen, Weeks hand-dyed flosses, each side of the oval case measures about 3 x 4 inches... Havana, Raspberry, Sanguine, Chickpea, Oscar, Mascara and Dolphin. Remember you can split these up and do only fronts - and make 4 cases! Or little stuffed egg cushions! Alphabet included so you can intital anything you want!
- Bees & Birds Sewing Roll - How Pretty! A 4-part piece surrounded by a traditional border... all the patterns for the coordinating smalls are included as well. The main roll measures 7 wide by 12 long stitched on 36ct. Weeks flosses of Oscar, Dolphin, Havana, Chickpea, Mascara, Raspberry, Linen and Sanguine... you kind of hate to roll it all up and hide all the cute parts!
- Big Blue House Pinkeep Drum and Strawberry - Very Americana and Festive! Look at that glorious big house - and the festoons above. Then, notice the border stitch all around the sides! This is finished onto a (cheap!) candlestick from Hobby Lobby! 36Ct hand-dyed linen, Classic Colorworks flosses of Campfire, Eggshell, Muddy Purple, Baking tin, Avocado, Blue Corn (the house), Pea Pod and Cinnamon Toast - it measures an impressive 7 inches in diameter and a mere 2 inches high, and that extra little velvet berry is divine!
- Faded Garden PinKeep Drum and Needle Keep - Stitched on 36ct hand-dyed with Weeks Blue Suede, Sanguine, Moss, Charcoal, Cornsilk, Dove and Drftwood, this finishes about 5 inches in diameter and 6 inches high. Stacy has lots of specialty stitches on ths one... her look is of pale colors on darker fabric.
- Wonderful Life Pinkeep Drum - Wow... a Christmassy piece in plenty of time to get it finished for next year! Worked on Weeks 36ct Beige, this measures 6 high by 5 wide... gorgeous Weeks flosses... another fun Hobby Lobby candlestick base! What a presentation that makes!
- Velvet Parsnip Needle Book - Stitching is done on 40ct with Weeks flosses... bunny is 3 x 6... but then you construct the wool case and cut out the velvet carrot. She's inclued all the finishing instructions in the chart.
- Velvet Tangerine Needle Book - Another to stitch and then construct together with wools and velvets... I need to look these over at the show and see how they are done! But they look awesome in these pics!
- A Walk Through the Garden PinKeep Stack - I love this finishing treatment! You get sneak peeks of the botton two cushions because everythng is stacked. Models are on 40ct, with Weeks hand-dyed flosses... Lady Dot Vintage Pom Poms are the featured trim. The chart contains all three tiny cushion patterns... I can see scissors on them, rabbits and berries.
A Few La-D-Da Treats
- Needle Book, Needle Book - Lori has re-printed her Summer Stitcher design and added a companion - Autumn Rose to the leaflet. (You might remember we had a few very limited edition kits of that Summer Stitcher inside a little brown wooden box - Gone! But that box is an unfinished wooden card box from Hobby Lobby - so there's your second chance.) Anyway, both of these designs have a stitching 'flavor' in them... Lori has made them into 3 x 4 needlebooks. Darling on the outside, you can line these with pretty hand-dyed wools and antique buttons and trims - the sky's the limit! Finishing instructions are included for the cases.
- Sweet Scissor Mat - Love this! It's a stitched linen piece with beautiful cut and drawn thread hemstitching around the edges... you use it as your stitching placemat! You could always frame the whole thing under glass if you want... or go for it... and actually USE 'the good guest towels!' The stitching measures only about 6 x 8... but then add the borders and hemstitched area - so this might be 11 x 14. Worked on 36ct... some hand-dyeds and DMC, hemstitching and finishing instructions included. Presented as a leaflet.
- And They Were Not Ashamed - A classic Adam and Eve Sampler for you collectors... pretty colors... you could be a sinner like A & E and skip the whole alphabet thing! Presented as a leaflet.
Be A Friend & Lilly Bates is My Name from Needlework Press
A pair of charming designs are coming our way from the Spring Show.
- Be a Friend - A Quaker-inspired piece, this shares the same color palette with 'In All Thing's and 'Be Kind to One Another.' The verse reads 'without a friend the world is but a wilderness.' Beautiful and balanced, I love eveything about this one, and check out that bottom box on the left - I see a little cushion out of that, and I see this whole thing as a stitching mat - leaving off the houses and baskets area. Presented as a leaflet.
- Lilly Bates is My Name - Lilly Bates is a reproduction of an antique pin cushion. It measures about 3-1.2 inches in size, and features her name and date she stitched it on the reverse - which will now be YOUR information! Charming octagonal shape, even though this is dreary in color - you DO have the right to change it up a little if you have a favorite fabric or some yummy threads you're dying to use! Presented in a leaflet format with full-sized finishing templates and the chart for the fun back treatment.
New Additions from Luminous Fiber Arts
Misty has a few new leaflets that willl add nicely to your stash... and join the *To Do* List!
- Gathering Stitches - This is the 6th is a set of mono-chromatic pin cushions - all measuring 76 stitches square. Each is stitched with only ONE color of hand-dyed thread, and each is offered in it's own separate leaflet. Gathering Stitches is the rose version, the bees are the gold, snowman is the blue... I think we have a pic of all of them together!
- Hop Peep Leap coordinates with Jingle Jolly Joy and Sneaky Spooky Spells. Measuring 160 x 60 - so 10 x 3-1/3 on 32ct. Cute with a retro-personality, you could make these into small cushions as well.
- Cottontail Farms - This would make a cute Springtime decoration - it reminds me of a flour sack or dish towel. It measures 159 x 94 - so 10 high by 6 wide - soft colors with another antique retro feel.
- Enchanted Quaker - This would be fun stitched all in black hand-dyed - but with added metallcs or beads for a little glisten. Measuring 124 x 254 - 7 x 14 on 18/36 ct... it's actually pretty cute as far as halloween Quaker Samplers go - more going on than just roundels. (In reading this description, this will take EIGHT skeins of Black Coffee Classic hand-dyed floss to complete on 32ct! That is a lot of thread!!) Would be fun all divided up into cushions too!
Beach Day from The Petal Pusher
Our favorite farm animals are back again - everybody is at the beach this time around. Petal Pusher has 4 of the most delightful little 'parades' of farm animals - who have all proudly dressed up for their particular occasions. So far, we have Holiday Hoedown for Christmas, Halloween Hoedown, Spring Fling and Patriotic Parade. Each time, it's the same 5 little animals - a horse, pig, sheep, chicken and cow. You can buy the whole set of one season of charts - or collect just the animals you like. The pig is Uncle Ham in Patriotic, Heavenly Hog at Christmas, for Halloween he dressed up as Bat Pig, and here he's Sandy Swine
Beach Day brings us Hang Ten Heifer, Sun Loving Sheep, Patrolling Poultry (the lifeguards up on the tower!), Sandy Swine and Scuba Stallion. Notice that cute little crab on there if you do them invidually? Anyway, each finishes 3 x 5, and together the whole row is 5 x 15. Stitched on a pretty hand-dyed blue - any count you like - coded for DMC.
Gorgeous New Designs from Samplers Not Forgotten's Kimberly Nugent
Kimberly has a soft, floral style.. she's done 3 new pin cushion kits as well as some bigger samplers - in leaflet format.
- Key to My Heart Kit - A hint of a plaid to the background, this sweet little heart pin cushion is done on 36ct Beige hand-dyed linen with the softest colors of Weeks hand-dyed flosses. Your complete kit will contain the linen, threads, dusty light blue backing fabric, Lady Dot ecru baby rik rak trim and hand-dyed sage rayon ribbon, and a small key (to my heart!) charm - along with the chart and needles. Finishes approx 4 inches in size. Just beautiful!
- Posey Basket - Another 36ct linen cushion kit - approx 4-1/2 x 6. The linen is Week's Cornsilk, the cottons are dusty medium pastels. Hand-dyed blue ribbon, a medium blue backing fabric and butterfly charm are included along with threads and fabrics... very 'dusty and vintage.'
- Regal Bird Cushion - Brighter colors on this - yet an aged look too. Complete kit of all deeper, yet dusty Weeks flosses, there is a deep berry-colored ribbon to rouche the edges, and a matching bit of finishing fabric for the back. There is also a heart charm included that you might not see in the picture. Finishes approx 4 x 5.
- Double Crown - An adaptation from an antique... Kimberly has initials stitched in a different color on here - she's sugesting it as a birth or wedding memory. Stitched size is 10 x 5 on 36ct, everything is worked with Gentle Art Sampler Threads.
- Garden of Stitches - WOW... this one is an original design, and Kimberly has packed it full of special stitches. Resembling her English and French Garden Samplers - This has 'sections' that you can pull out and stitch individually if you aren't up to the whole thing. The two band samplers and that lush pot of roses... eveything is worked with Weeks hand-dyed flosses and measures a petite 9 x 10! It just looks larger than that to me, so I can't wait to see how exquisite this is in person!
- One Nation - What a delightful little set of needlebook, cushion and fob smalls. Grab some pretty wool for lining and finishing, everything is done with Weeks hand-dyed flosses on 36ct. Needlebook finishes about 6 x 7 when closed.
Bright and colorful Treats Coming from The Tiny Modernist
- An Irish Blessing - A pretty border of greenery surrounding the classic blessing... choose a crisp white background ... everything is worked with DMC, and finishes 6-1/2 x 8-1/2 on 28.
- A Stitcher's Garden - So happy and cute! This has everything fun for a stitcher on it... the hoops, floss bobbins... the florals around the house are fun, and the tomatoes are the best! Finishes about 5 x 7 on 32ct, and I think there are several cute little motifs that would make cool pin cushions. Fabric is Water Lily linen - a soft light green.
- The Cat Tapestry - A wild garden of curious cats... they all look like we've discovered them doing sometihng... and they've stopped in their tracks to glare at us! 11 x 14 On 14ct... it's worked with DMC on Water Lily linen.
- The Garden Hare - Another cute garden-y scene, this is stitched with DMC and looks good on a light blue hand-dyed fabric. Finishes 6 x 7 on 14ct.
Tiny Modernists' Black Crow, Crab Dance and Karma Cameleon are a trio of cheerful animal panels.
Each measures 66 stitches square, features that same checkerboard edge, and bright DMC color. (I think you could add beads to these!) Presented as small individual charts.
October House Releases! Several fun things... all fresh and pretty!
- Vintage Trees - Just a small thing at 105 x 87 - about 5 x 6 on 36ct - she's chosen faded hand-dyed colors to make this look vintage.
- Snip Snip - How fun is this? A fun 2 x 7 design stitched with Sandcastle, Flatfish, Bright Leaf, Whiskey and Dirt Road... it needs to be on one side of a cushion and Itch to Stitch on the other!
- Itch to Stitch - Coud be the other side! Spools and a little yarn, add a tiny skein of floss on here, if you're good at tying a little one. This uses 5 different shades of peach, rose and berry - so easy to change those to another colorway if you want.
- Americana Red - A monochromatic piece full of sewing and quilting motifs, the whole thing finishes approx 12 x 14-3/8 on 36ct - quite good sized. You can pull out that top area of stitchery stuff and make a drum shape out of just that, there are a lot of nice motifs on here along with the borders. And, as always, if you don't like the one color used - just choose another!
- Honey Faire - A companion to Strawberry Faire, this features another pretty patterned motif - this time the beeskep. Measuring just 92 x 68 - 5 x 4 on 36ct - it uses a medley of yummy honey-colored hand-dyeds: Lemon Grass, Snowball, Old Marigold, Caramel Corn, Broom Tree, Squash, Chickpea, Goldenrod, Molasses, Bees Knees and Curry.
Several charming designs from Erica Michaels
We're getting more berries, another crossword puzzle and FUN alphabet/quilt sampler series!
- The Beach is Calling - This is just like Reindeer Games and Liberty Games - a really fun crossword-styled piece - along with a cute drum cushion! I love reading the words in this - Trolley, taffy, crabshack and boardwalk... I just want to be THERE! Cute motifs of that boardwalk, those crabs and lobsters, the lighthoue and trolley... straight out of a summer vacation... it's more about the little seaside community than the scratchy sand! Stitched with hand-dyeds, the main piece finishes 10 x 8 on 32ct.
- The Embroidress - A darling pin cushion all of us need! What a fun thing to stitch as a group and finish together... everyone in your group would have to have a different color so you don't mix up needles and pins!
- Heirloom Tomato - Prosperity and good fortune... do tomatoes bring you that? Regardless, I love this one! Pretty colors, you even have a tomato-berry-cushion out of it! The chartpack includes some buttons and a brass charm - which we cannot see in the pic. Lady Dot trims and Weeks wools are used in the finishing.
- Quaker Wisdom Berries - A set of three cushions, each features a bit of wisdom spelled among the Quaker-inspired motifs. Stitched with Weeks flosses, Weeks wools featured on their tops.
- Special Notice - Linda has lots of antique needlework and sewing goods. She read off the back of something while she was here last summer - I think it was the backside of the sales slip from the original purchase. THIS was the advice 100 years ago!
Special Notice: The attention of clerks is directed to the importance of suggesting to customers that before beginning a piece of work, a fully sufficient amount of silk be procured, as afterwards difficulty may be experienced in obtaining exactly the same shade. She read it in class... and didn't we all smile! Anyway, Stitch this for a sewing case, bag, frame it for your stitching area... we might stitch it as a shop model to hang behind our counter! Monochromatic - so pick any color you like! This pattern is a fundraiser for Linda's local animal shelter in TN!
Announcing Quiting A-Bee-Cs from Erica Michaels
This is a charming 5-part sampler covering alphabets and quilt motifs. Lots of options for smalls to take out of the larger design, Linda is releasing this is 5 parts - one chart a month - March 2023 to November 2023.
Worked with Classic Colorworks hand-dyed flosses, it measures 263 x 223 - so will finish approx 14-1/2 x 12-1/2 on 36ct. Each square is 39 x 39, but each tiny quilt motif in it is just 24 stitches! Itty bitty! Linda promises indvidual finishes for pin pillows, spool bands, cubes, ornaments... all sorts of fun stuff. (I can see a drum with tiny quilt motifs all around.) Although there is a floss list, she also suggests that if you clean out your hand-dyed stash and use different dye lots of threads - it kind of mimics an old quilt - which is pretty cool and definitely OK!
Thread list: 1 each of Black Coffee, Blackbird, Dublin Bay, Hazelnut, Holly Berry, Little Sprout, Magnolia Blossom, Mistletoe, Old Blue Jeans, Queen Bee, Tea and Bisquits, 2 of Trail Dust, 3 of Wavy Navy and Wild Berries.
Our Auto-ship will start with Chart #1. Let us know fabric count and color choice (she uses a vanilla/cream/hand-dyed) and add any threads you need... we can ship those with your first chart.
Lots of Fun Has Arrived! from Bent Creek
Bent Creek sent new Market Releases our way... they are mentioning 5. One of them is our previously limited A Little Help From Our Friends Stitching Circle design!
- Each Day Row! Each Day provides it's own gifts. It's a very cheerful and colorful little landscape scene - four tiny houses, a few hills and trees, even the sea with a sailboat! Presented as a chart... you are seeing our model pics - we finished this into a round drum shape.
- Pop of Winter - This plump tree rounds out it's 4-season set of POPS. (I think the trees look like lollipops!) Presented as a kit of the 20ct linen and #5 pearl cottons, you can really see the hand-dyed variation on those snowflakes. Finishes approx 4 x 7.
- Heart Berry Sampler - I believe this is a re-print of an older design - not sure - but you might have several others in your stash that go with this one. About 3 x 8, just cute for a season, and quick to stitch. Presented as a chart.
- Silver Bells Zipper Globe Kit - This year's annual snow globe, we have a sleepy little village waiting for Santa to visit. Look... someone has an amazon delivery - there's a wrapped package out on their porch! Silver Bells finishes approx 6 x 6 - it is exactly the same size as all its 25+ companion Snow Globes... so if you have stitched a bunch of these over the years, they look cool all lined up on a mantle or shelf!
- Fright - What cute little ghosts floating aound... complete with chains and a scary Jack. The border looks like barbed wire... I thnk this would be cute if you did the ghosts in opalscent thread! Presented as a chart.
- Smiling at Ewe - Remember all these old Bent Creek Sheep designs? Here's a new one - everyone's wearing smily t-shirts and there's even a helium balloon to boot! Presented as a chart (used to be kits in the olden days).
New Releases from Heart in Hand
Cecilia has 5 new designs... all leaflets or small charts - each is part of a series, but are cute just the way they are!
- A Honey of a Tiny Town - 'A-buzz are the bees where sunflowers blow in the breeze. Triple Decker hives are able to thrive in this Honey of a Tiny Town!' Cecilia's springtime edition of this charming series... finish yours long and flat - like in the photo - or make a round drum-shape cushion. A Honey of a Frill companions this... same size to add to your town scene! Both are stitched on 32ct, and TT is stitched count is 176 x 30, and stitched in a medley of hand-dyeds. This is a half-sized chart, just like the rest in this series.
- Floral Etchings - LOVE this one! So fresh, contemporary and colorful, a trio of fresh flowers that you can stitch as is, or make into individual block stand-ups. This is a full -sized leaflet and proving to be VERY popular!
- Every Day Things - 'The Simple Truth: The every day sweet little things are the most beautiful. This small piece contemplates the simple joys: friends, family, home, nature and of course, stitching!' Finishes about 4 x 6 - just a happy little piece! You might recognize this as one of our past Little Help From Our Friends Circle Pieces! Presented as a half-sized chart.
- Honey of a Frill - A sweet little add-on piece to your Honey Tiny Town... She's a little bigger than the village houses, but stitched in the samke colors... so she might be cute on that right-hand-end. Offered in small card format.
- Cuckoo Bird Sampler - Stitched on a neutral hand-dyed with Weeks Bark hand-dyed floss, this is another mono-chromatic bird sampler - restfull and pretty to tuck into your full bowl of bowl fillers! Cuckoo's companion birds are all pictured on Cecelia's page... he's presented as a half-sized chart. Each bird in the set is a different monochromatic color, so they're looking pretty good all together!
Teresa Kogut's Spring '23 Arrivals!
Seven new cross stitch pieces and 2 punch needle - they are so attractive! All four of these are presented in full-sized leaflets
- Strawberry Manor - Finishing approx 12 x 8-1/2 on 36ct, this is worked on a lovely neutral with gold undertones to highlight all the reds, gunmetals and greens in it. Coded for DMC and Weeks.
- Nature -- I just love this one! Finishing approx 14 x 11 on 36ct, it says Folkart and Whimsical right in the design! Regular DMC floss, pretty birds and lavish flowers.
- Beauty Fades - This one is fun! I see four separate parts on this - it measures 7-1/2 x 16-1/2 on 36ct... so the top bands might need an inch or two on the ends if you make them into squatty pin drums, or you could duplicate one of the urns and alternate a few colors.
- Remember Me - This one as the prettiest border surrounding such a happy house and yard! Love it! Finishes approx 13 x 14-1/2 on 36ct... Regular 'ol DMC can look really nice, can't it!?
- Needle & Flax - This one measures 119 x 83 - so 6-1/2 x 4-1/2 on 18/36. Full of red, gold and gunmetal gray and cute 'creative' motifs, it's a darling pin cushion finish as well.
- Egg Collector - Something colorful for Spring, it's pretty big - 10 x 10 on 18/36ct. Regular DMC against a mangy hand-dyed background helps with the primitive look.
- Kindred Spirits - Finishing 10 x 11-ish on 32... love the patterns and colors in the dresses - aren't you glad we don't have to look like antique artwork? Makes me smile!
Teresa Kogut's Stitchy Bluebird & Rhombus Lace
Two new punch needle designs - each finishes 5 x 7 and is punched using DMC floss.
She has them shown as box toppings on painter paper mache boxes... they also look good mounted like that to the front of an old book - not to stuff on a shelf, but to perch the same way you do a box!
The designs are hand-drawn patterns for tracing onto your weaver's cloth.
Quite a mixture of looks to Dirty Annie's new releases! Got to keep that open mind!
- Deja Poo - Something silly for help in dealing with less-than-accurate informational circumstances.70 x 70 - about 4 inches on 32. Deja Poo is presented as a small chart... and they even supply the source for that darling dictionary fabric they've used in the finishing!
- Arrive Late - I think a teenage girl needs this for her closet! 120 x 85 - finishes 8-1/2 x 6 on 14ct. "Better to arrive late than to arrive ugly!"
- Package Deal - This is just super-fun for the Oklahoma/Texas crowd! 137 x 76, This finishes about 8-1/2 x 5 on 32ct. This is presented as a small chart - and again - the fabric source is provided for that FUN Rodeo-Time finishing fabric they've used to make this look like it's matted.
- Morticia's Second Line - Funeral processions are famous celebrations of past and future life in New Orleans... this one finishes a whopping 12-1/2 x almost 11 on 32ct! We lots of hand-dyed fabrics in this shade - all counts! There is a lot going on in here... you either like it or you don't... no judgements!
- Catcus - Oh this is for you cat-people! That little guy in the middle is so cute... is he trying to hide by faking spikes? Catcus is a small chart, and it finishes about 5 x 7. It's actually done on Weeks Morris Blue, but looks greener in the pics. I think you can use most any fabric you like for this one!
- Ya'll Ain't Right - They say that around here... it's the funniest saying... because they're usually laughing hard when you hear it! 80 x 80... Measures inches n 32ct.
Presenting Tulip Cottage Collection and Mousy Sweetheart from Luhu Stitches
Aren't these designs charming?
The Tulip Cottage set of charts features three designs - the Cottage (big at 8 x 11!) , the spray of flowers - Flora's Posies - (medium at 6-1/2 x 4-3/4) , and the darling little bunny - Flora's Basket - sniffing in her garden. Choose any white or pale pink fabric for these, they are shown finished with Lady Dot trims and velveteen of Berry Crush.
Mousy Sweetheart is precious too! He's on any light pink and he's holding a cheese Valentine for you! Finishes bitty - and so cute!
New from Romy's Creations
- The Seasons in Snowballs: Four little pics all nestled in snowglobe shapes... we think summer is really in a a seashell! Each of the 4 of these is stitched on any hand-dyed light blue fabric you like best... they measure 98 x 77, so will be 5-1/2 x 7 on 14/28ct. I didn't opt for the Romy hand-dyed thread packs... but I think some of the colors might be easy to match to your stash colors. Delightful scenes, each is offered in a separate chart. Please note: the 4 snowglobes really ARE the same dimensions; the pics we have are a bit distorted.
- Christmas and Halloween Trains - A pair of fun little train cars... each chart has it's three train cars in the pack. Basically finished like pincushions, you could make these into solid little blocks as well - joining them with thread and adding the button wheels. Christmas features Santa as the engineer with Frosty in the caboose... their little train is full of presents. Wouldn't it be cute to make these boxes - with open tops? You could add a 'gift-car' for everyone in the family - stitch their names on each of the cars. Then attach the train, stick it on the kitchen table, and fill each persons little car with something special? Could even do it everyday in December! Halloween could be the same way - The Trick or Treat Train! Make eveybody in the family a car... I love that ghost driving it... and the silly skeleton too!
Christmas and Halloween Needlebook Sets
Another pair of cute designs... Measuring about 4 x 10 when opened, they'll be 4 x 5 when closed. Choose almost any fabric you like, and a little coordinating Weeks Dye works lining wools... these will stitch and finish in a jiff!
New Releases from Jeannette Douglas
Lots of lovely things... She is getting away from producing as many specialty thread packs for her designs - and providing DMC conversions for all. So, options abound!
- Tapestry of Stitches - Presented in leaflet format with numerous pages of stitch diagrams and charts! Jeannette has loaded this with gorgeous stitches and worked it in silks. She DOES have DMC conversions provided, as an alternative.
- My Stitching Box - A set of smalls including 2 scissor fobs, a scissor pocket, needlebook, pin cushion, cube and main sampler. All the finishing instructions are included, the box is offered separately - no details yet!
- Vintage Grapes - Another joins Jeannette's Vintage series of designs - all in leaflet format. Grapes, in lovely colors. (she was working on this when we were in Portugal - cruising down the Duoro River in Port Wine Country!) Two different design options in the center section - alphabet or specialty stitches. Worked in silks, but DMC conversions provided.
- Chubby Bunny - Just a sweet little bunny enjoying his spring outing! Finishing 3 x 3 - a cute cushion or hoop finishing - he's a small chart and is done with hand-dyed flosses or DMC.
- Ann Perrin 1841 - Jeannette has reproduced a few antique samplers she owns... the original of this one is pictured on the back of the leaflet. Ann stitched it and then actually added another physical piece of linen to add the 'Remember the Creator' part at the bottom, so Jeannette's sampler has a seam in it! See what you think when you compare the two - and stitch this whichever way you want. Next, J added three smaller take-out designs from this larger piece - two 5 x 6 samplers and a long pin cushion from that middle area of the floral bushes. Coded for both silk and DMC, the main piece measures about 9-1/2 x 12 on 40ct. In her notes, J remembers the Creator verse from Youth Day at church. She remembers it always taking place at the beginning of summer, 'when we were sure to get into trouble apparently!' Lots of reds and oranges in this one.
- Margaretha Schropfer - This is an adaptation of an old sampler. J talks about leaving out the multiple alphabets, and changing the unpleasing composition of the original - she really changed it up, and it's charming! Finishing 4 x 13 on 40ct linen, she chose all the curvy, pretty parts of the original. That box with the rose in it at the bottom will make a stunning individual pin cushion! Presented as a chart.
- Margaret Meadows 1804 - Presented in a half-sized chart format, this one is very pale in color. It finishes a mere 7 x 6 on 40ct, and is stitched with silk or DMC. J does give you 'permission' to darken your colors if you want those florals to show up a little... this is, after all, YOUR stitching!
New Designs Coming from Pansy Patch Quilts and Stitchery
- Summer Garden at Cranberry Manor - This is PP's show exclusive with limited availability before April, but we have plenty, and we brought home the stitched model with us! Pretty pinks, golds and soft greens, this finishes approx 6-1/2 inches square on 36ct. Stitched with varied hand-dyeds, it is coded for DMC as well. The house is little and surrounded by such a flourish of quilt motifs - it's extra charming!
- Betsy's Spring Basket is the 4th of this over-the-top-charming seasonal basket series. All of these have been stunning; each has finished a bit under 6 x 6. We have all 4 pictured together - offered separately. Each basket is filled with flowers of it's season, very gently colored as well, so just beautiful.
- Tea Garden Pillow - A tiny little pin cushion pattern, this measures just 60 x 60, and is done with DMCs of 25, 3727, 522 and 815.
- Stitcher's Retreat House - Here's a fun piece... Two friends meeting at a stitch retreat! (Only, we're never wearing dresses, we don't have those big hips, and somehow the venue never looks like that charming house with all the thread spools and quilt motifs swirling around in the sky above!) Finishing about 7 x 7, pull out those spools for some cute pin cushions, and you're all set!
The Houses on Pumpkin Lane Series
This charming medley of houses has finally finished with these final 3 houses - Cinnamon, Acorn and Harvest. We have a pic of the entire thing stitched together, but they make a delightful basket of stuffed cushions as well. Choose one or two - or the whole set... this has companioned the Peppermint lane houses as well!
Some Cute Designs by Thistles
All are offered as charts and travel here from The Netherlands!
- Counting on the Farm - is darling! One farmhouse, 2 horses, 3 tractors, 4 pigs... cows, sheep, goats and chickens round out the yard... all surrounded by a border of drying corn cobs! Can't tell the finished size yet, but Lizbeth does use hand-dyed flosses, so i imagine this is full of great colors. Simply Wools by The Gentle Art would be fun to add to some of the animals!
- Make it Bloom - A cheerful little log cabin with a blooming yard of colorful flowers! Love it all - charted for DMC.
- Autumn and Halloween Pumpkins - A unique-ly shaped pin cushion finishing treatment...might be fun to tuck these into a bowl of traditionally-shaped cushions and see if they are discovered! Worked with gentle Art Sampler Threads.
- Christmas Friends - A row of holiday personality... can't tell much about size on this one, but it is worked with Sampler Threads.
My Stitching Project Bag - This is a fun design - a nine-patch of sewing and stitching motifs. Each area is only 3 x 3 - so each would make a cute pin cushion to nestle together in a basket or box. They are stitched with DMC or Gentle Art Sampler Threads.
Lizbeth finished this with a backside of clear vinyl to make a stitching pouch (shown as the right-hand model). She has finishing instructions in here, but maybe my pictures of the model will help you with visuals. Pretty cute!
New Arrivals Coming Home from Market from Praiseworthy Stitches
- Simple Gifts - Snow - Well, some don't think snow is a special gift... but I love it! Choose a wintery blue background fabric, and grab your opalescents, whites and more blues for this frosty piece of Quaker-inspired motifs.Finishes about 10 x 10.
- Chilly Willy Stacker - Here's a standing stitched snowman just like the Holly Jolly Tree and Creepy Pumpkin Stackers! Choose some fabrics (all the same color or not - but keep the count the same), stitch and scrunch the layers together to make this 10-inch high little man! There is an antique wooden spool included with the chart - it is the mounting stick for your three layers, and the top of it is hidden under Willy's wool hat.
- Haunted Hillside Farm - This year's Scary Halloween Scene, everyone is at the pumpkin farm choosing their Jacks. Finishing approx 9 x 11, it's on a lovely deep blue linen - Dawn by Picture This Plus. We have TONS of great fabric options for this now - in several counts too. Coded for hand-dyeds there is a smattering of buttons and a little metallic in here - super cute!
- Busy Bee Pin Ball Kit - A quickie little thing, a round ornament piece, all the materials, trims, fabrics, everything are included in this kit.
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2023 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.