6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Silver Creek Samplers Previews!
Diane hasn't sent design sizes, fabric availability is hit and miss, but you can get a good idea from the pics which will be your favorites!
- Deputy Doxie's Posse - Gentle Art Sampler Threads and DMC. Finishes approx 6 x 5 on 32ct... Diane is hooked on dog rescue - so this little guy reminds her of THREE of hers!
- Jurassic Perk - Silly for a coffee-lover. This would be fun wrapped around a coffee container... or hanging above the coffee maker at work! Finishes about 4-1/2 x 6 on 30ct, stitched with DMC.
- Tea-Rex - Tea Rex is a 'tea-lightful' desgin steeped in humor!" But... Diane stitched it on Cappuccino hand-dyed linen! DMC, finishes approx 3-1/2 x 11 on 32ct.
- Migh-TEA Fobulous - Several fun puns for tea lovers! All finish as smalls, less than 2 x 2 scissor fobs!
- Introverted - 'But will eagerly discuss everything cross stitch' - Gentle Art Sampler Threads - this would be cute with pins and buttons from your stash, a little metallic... maybe even make some little skeins of floss to attach! Finishes approx 8-1/2 x 4 on 36ct, and stitched with Gentle Art hand-dyed cottons or DMC, might need to hang by your stitching chair!
- Free Bee - About 4 x 4 - Weeks hand-dyed flosses. Stitched with Weeks hand-dyeds or DMC, it'd make a cute cushion for a bee-loving American!
- Planting Daisies - Love this one... 'You planted daisies in my heart that bloom and grow each day. Indeed I see your love for me inside thier sweet bouquet.' Stitched against a sage green fabric, it finishes approx 7 inches on 32ct. Diane's Mr Silver Creek Samplers gifts her with daisies... she has a tiny story about it on the back of this chart. I see bee charms in the cover pic - the chart doesn't come with them... so you might skip them, or find some cute ones on your next shopping jaunt!
- Reaching for Hope - 'Give the world your love and care, let hate be cast out everywhere.' Finishes approx 10 x 4 on 32ct, this is stitched with DMC floss but the words are Grecian Gold and Scuppernong hand-dyed!
Silver Creek Samplers has 6 new Releases
Diane has charming designs -- kind of her signature feature are the words she always uses that are incorporated into the design. Everything is offered in chart pack format... and as always a lot of them are suitable for multiple different fabric colors and counts... makes your decisions harder!!!
- Zip It - Well... Whimiscal and fun...*Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff and ZIP IT when I've said enough!* Stitched with hand-dyeds on anything neutral, this measures about 6 x 9 on 32ct. It would be fun to make a little brick stand-up block out of this and garnish the finishing with actual zippers! Probably appropriate to display this in 'way more places that we think!'
- Kringle Flying Academy - 'Rooftop Landings since 1823.' (The Night Before Christmas was published in December of 1823! First place to announce Santa landing of rooftops!) Great colors on this holiday piece, it'd be fun to add metallics to the moon and snow! We have lots of gorgeous smoky, mangy blues for that night sky - in multiple counts - so choose what you want to work on. It measures 147 x 96... so on 14ct would be 7 x 10-1/2, or about 5 x 8 on 36. Very vintage in flavor!
- Mary Rotters Spelling Lesson - This is really cute... read those entertaining spelling words! It actually would be fun to practice this with your 3rd grade grands... then serve them cupcakes decorated with those candy eyes! Measures 8 x 9 on 14/28ct, and coded for DMC Diane writes: It's Mary's first day at Frogwarts School of Wizardry. She dreams of being an elite part of the Hall of Fame, having her picture honorably hung next to her famous cousin, Harry. However, she must first learn to spell!
- A Perfect Match - Moving from creepy Halloween into Love and Happiness... this might make a cute shower or anniversary gift. You could leave off the hands and arms to make it 'less wedding' if you need to, and just more 'daily feel the love!' Measures about 6 x 10 on 32ct, and coded for DMC. Diane shares her lovely love story about puzzles and her husband.
- Button Your Lip - 'Before you let unkind words slip - grab a button and button your Lip!' Kind of a companion to Zip It...Diane's inspiration began with her family button jar. Her Mom would point to it and warn to 'Button that lip!' Coded for Weeks or DMC, this finishes about 3 x 4 on 36ct.
- For Unto Us - 'A Child is Born.' - Could be a Christmas piece or a new baby announcement... probably changing the manger/arbor over the letter O would make it more contemporary and less Christmassy. But either way - A new baby is a big deal! Finishes about 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 on 32ct.
Newest Arrivals from Silver Creek Samplers
Always words and verses... this is kind of the 'trademark theme' of most of Diane's designs. You just love what they have to say! Choose just about any fabric you are happy working with; the charts are coded for hand-dyeds as well as regular DMC's.
- A Sweet Memory - You need to stitch this, and then let that little person put their painted hand on there - instead of stitching it as charted! (Better yet, get the handprint FIRST to make sure it's good, and THEN stitch around it!) Seems like only yesterday that you were very small and left for me a memory of handprints on the wall.
- Fred's Ewe-nifying Question - Wool ewe be my neighbor? I didn't even catch all that reference because I didn't grow up with Mr Rogers Neighborhood, but I know it's special to many! Diane chose a hand-dyed sky-blue fabric so the sheep would be 'outside'.
- Farmer's Blessing - For the wheat and the hay and the corn that is reaped... for the labors well done and a barn that is heaped. For the fresh morning dew and the warmth of the sun, I give thanks for what the Creator has done. This would be nice as a quilted wall hanging.
- Flying Lesson - Wouldn't this be fun to give to your teenager when they're learning to drive? (Well, maybe that's not a good idea for some...) Just something to bring a smile to someone's face!
- Counting on Love - An abbreviated set of marriage vows! Colorful and to the point... what a neat wedding momento... you could even attach a wedding invitation to the back side of the framed piece!
Back to the Grind, Follow Your Heart and Built on Love
Silver Creek Samplers has some new releases, one for your kitchen, one for your stitching nest, and one to stitch for a special wedding this year or next!
- Back to the Grind - just a simple thing, about 9-1/2 x 4 on 18 Aida or 6ct linen - it uses just regular 'ol awesome DMC floss! (You know it would be cool to stitch the grinder top in a vintage black metallic, and add some antiqued gold metallic to the big letters.)
- Follow Your Heart needs to be a little pin cushion to keep by the side of your chair! If you stitch it over one on 28ct Mushroom Lugana (which is actually pretty easy to do), it'd be LESS than 3 x 3!
- Built on Love - What a cool wedding sampler - not out of date, not fussy like the stuff we used to do in the 80's - just something that a '30-something' would actually LIKE to hang in their house! *And so... together they built a life they loved...* (There's room for tiny initials and important date) Change the brown word to gray, if that's the better color/decor option, this is simple and really nice. Measuring 163 x 71... it'll finish 10 x 4-1/2 on 32ct.
- Founding Promises - *Equality, Justine & Hope* - This one promises all really good things our Founding Fathers wanted for us! Finishes approx 3-1.2 x 5 on 36ct, and is coded for DMC.
Lighting the Way and Lost and Found
- Lighting The Way - Always be a lighthouse, shine your beacon bright. Guide every soul adrift at sea throughout their darkest night.
Stitch this on something to assure that lighthouse will show up - it isn't quite so prominent in the model pic - and it's a pretty lighthouse! Finishes approx 9 x 10 on 28/14ct... coded for DMC.
- Lost and Found - I am a lost sheep gone astray, Shepherd find me this I pray. Oh Shepherd listen to my prayer and keep me in thy loving care.
Coded for DMC, this one measures 147 x 131 - so on 32ct it's 8 x 9.
Your greatness is not in what you have but what you give. LOOK at this, the bunny is bringing his snowman friend his most precious gift - a fresh carrot nose! Or, maybe the snowman shared one of his un-used noses with the bunny?
What a fun winter-y seasonal piece. Diane added a couple of snowflake buttons from her stash - but charted them as well - in case you are 'flakeless.' The Mill Hill white metal snowflake treasures are perfect for this - you get 2 each of two different 1/2-inch white enameled metal flakes for $3.50. Give Greatly measures approx 6 x 7 on 32ct, and is coded for DMC floss.
- Moonshine - We love this! 'The moon said to me, do not wait to be whole to let your light shine from the depths of your soul.' The fabric might be a challenge to find (Fabric Flair brand), but that moon is gorgeous on here and the sentiment is neat. Finishes approx 9 x 9 on 32ct; it's coded for DMC or hand-dyeds.
- Winterful Friends - Just a cute little winter-y scene, not big at 2 x 5 on 32ct... choose a pretty hand-dyed light sky-blue fabric. Calls for DMC or hand-dyed, you could leave out the words on this and move over the tree - in the interest of stitching time! Even put the tree on he other side of the snowman and reverse the right-hand bird!
- Izzie Dekayen - This is a sign for your liquor cabinet during a Halloween party! Isn't it fun!? Choose a mangy fabric, add a little metallic to the 'red wine' and opalescent to the ghosts! Finishes approx 5 x 7 on 32ct.
Santa's Magic Key
This pattern explains HOW Santa can come to all those houses that don't have a fireplace and chimney! A definite YES to stitch if your little ones have inquiring minds that need to know! Finishing approx 5-1/2 x 6 on 32ct, there is a companion ornament design included to stitch for the tree!
It would be fun to stitch a pocket on the ornament back, and store a house key in there on the tree - them make sure it's ready to be used on Christmas Eve!
Spooky Boo, Dove Song & Star of Bethlehem
Silver Creek Samplers has sent us her trunk show, and in it were three designs we have never featured before! WOW... we love new stuff - especially when it appears ALREADY STITCHED in the UPS boxes! All three were published in 2011 and 2012, and gosh they are cute!!!
- Spooky Boo - Finishes 4 x 7 on a mangy hand-dyed linen... lots of neat ones are available now. At first cock crow the spirits go back to their resting place below. The gravestone reads "I ben beter!" Pretty fall colors, it kind of companions Halloween Bright!
- Dove Song - I cood Him to sleep so he would not cry. What a wonderful Christmas memory! Stitched on something dark to remind you of the midnight sky, this finishes 4 x 5 on 32ct. Kind of generous for an ornament, you could finish this flat on a bit of wool and use it as a small hanging... coded for Gentle Art Sampler Threads.
- Star of Bethlehem - If you hitch your wagon to a star, be sure it's the Star of Bethlehem. Stitched on Weeks Dye Works Dolphin linen, this features a charming verse. It even has Baby Jesus in the little red wagon! (And we think it'd make an awesome birth announcement for a Christmastime baby!!!)
Jack smiled so brightly he could be seen by everyone on Halloween.
What a cool design! The verse, that neat moon... the cat on the pumpkin and the cool wrought iron fence... it brings up a picture of a spooky flaming jack-o-lantern in a graveyard on a night when the moon is HUGE!
Just 5 x 7-ish on 32ct... coded for hand-dyeds and DMC... can you see that the whole bottom half's background is stitched??? It is done with Gentle Art's Chamomile... should give you an idea of what color you want your main fabric to be.
Silver Creek Samplers has a new design... *On rocks beyond the sandy dune, a mermaid sings a winsome tune that drifts along the ocean breeze & puts my restless soul at ease.*
Quite the run-on-sentence... but that's OK! Finishes approx 8 x 8 on 32ct... coded for DMC or hand-dyeds... I need a beach house!!!!!
Coastal Cola, Dorothy's Discovery and My A B Seas
New Offerings from Silver Creek Samplers
Diane has 3 new charts full of her rambling words all interrupted with cute design elements!
- Coastal Cola -- Refreshing... Sip & Sea! Fun for a kitchen or bar area... or that gorgeous beach house I wish I had! Stitched on a light blue 7 x 7 on 28ct.
- Dorothy's Discovery -- Advice for life... It's in your heart... not your shoes! (But sometimes shoes make you feel better....!) A lovely motivational piece! 11 x 5 n 28ct.
- My A B Seas -- I kind of just like the crab holding the umbrella by the crashing waves! I think he's trying to stay dry! 4 x 4-ish on 32ct.
(O Ker Leaf!) We figured that out today while we were ooogling over this new arrival in the shop! Silver Creek Samplers has delivered a lovely Fall piece! *She wears a dress of scarlet red and orange leaves from over head that sparkle with a frosty glow soon buried in a winter snow.*
Measuring approx 8 x 8-1/2 on 32ct... a whopping 17 shades of Weeks Dye Works hand-dyed cottons are called for in this! What a beautiful pillow this would make -- I like the fact that you see falling leaves before you see the verse or a dress!!!!!
My Christmas List
This is a charming design that speaks of lots of things -- All About Christmas. Lots and lots of words, thoughts, memories... everything trails down this 101 x 287 piece which finishes approx 6 x 18 on 32ct.
Pictures follow the sentiments... it's very nice and festive!!!! Charted for 21 shades of regular 'ol DMC floss!!!!!
Through The Storms and Taking it E-Sea
Silver Creek Samplers has exhibited at Market and now we have 6 new designs!!! All presented as charts, we've had Eye on the Sparrow for years and years, and are now thrilled to offer more of Diane's designs!
- Through The Storms -- Finishing approx 7 x 7 on any 32ct you choose... Diane says this might make a really nice wedding or shower gift -- along with an umbrella!! Charted for DMC or hand-dyed flosses.
- Taking it E-Sea -- *At the beach is where I find a place to let my soul unwind.* Finishes approx 5 x 5 on a 32ct antique ivory color ... hand-dyeds or DMC!
This piece was inspired by the prayer of a Catholic Priest, Mychal Judge, who served as chaplain to the NYC Fire Dept. He was the first certified fatality of the Sept 11, 2001 attacks. *Lord send me where you want me to be... let me meet folks you want me to know... tell me the words you want me to say, and tenderly keep me out of your way.*
Finishes approx 7 x 9 on 30ct. Coded for hand-dyeds or DMC.
Liberty Hill Farm
Just a POP of patriotic! If you're good, you can figure out your family name in kind of the same font, and put that in here instead of Liberty Hill Farm. Then, put YOUR *family established* date there instead of 1776!
I love the cheerful border on this... finishes approx 4 x 9 on 30ct -- coded for hand-dyeds or DMC.
And The Earth Sang
Easter Morning! *An angel rolled the stone away from the tomb where Jesus lay. He is Risen was the cry as joyful praises filled the sky.*
I picture this in a Sunday School room... it finishes approx 7 x 7-1/2 on 30ct, coded for DMC or hand-dyeds.
A country barn, the waving flag... *The bell proclaims on Liberty Hill Freedom reigns and always will.*
Finishes approx 4-1/2 x 9 on 30ct, coded for either DMC or hand-dyeds That little barn is so cute, you could live in there!! (It's just like all the gorgeous barns-turned-into-houses you see on TV!)
This is a neat piece for someone who likes to Garden. The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds for mirth, One is nearer to God's Heart in a garden, than anywhere else on Earth.
Stitched on basically any fabric you like best, the stitch count on this is 109 x 108. It is coded for Weeks and Gentle Art hand-dyeds -- but you can easily sub DMCs from the cover pic if you need to. Just a cute little piece. it is offered as a chart.
Happy Halloween and Scary Things October Brings
Silver Creek Samplers has a pair of cute designs that you can add to your stitching stash for next Fall!
Both are offered as charts, and will go great on so many different fabric color and count choices.
- Happy Halloween -- Weeks and Gentle Art over-dyeds in this, it finishes approx 5 x 6 on 32ct. It'd be fun to add buttons and bead embellishments to, metallic in the eyes, opalescent in the ghosts, Wisper thread for the kitty... you get the idea.
- Scary Things October Brings -- This one finishes approx 6 x 6-1/2 on 32ct, and would look good with lots of thread and embellishment creations. A neat rhyme, something like this makes a cute decoration finished into a fabric 'mat.' Just add some fabric strips and make a mini quilt hanging, only don't hang it -- just lay it on the coffee table. (Of course you have to be one of 'those people' who have empty spots in your house for that. Maybe the wall is a better idea!?)
Eye on the Sparrow
Oh this little piece has captured my heart! A small chart offered by Silver Creek Samplers, this has been available for a while, but we finally received our finished shop model back... and I don't want to take it back to the shop! 'DO NOT WORRY' it warns... 'birds do not sow or reap, yet the Lord God feeds them.
Lets not go political here... just take comfort in *the faith part!* Its a lovely little design, and our 3 x 4-1/2 stitched piece is on 28ct Lugana over one, stuffed with lizard litter and trimmed with Crescent Colour's new cotton chenille trim! A trifle of stitched comfort!
Six shades of Gentle Art Sampler Threads bring this cute design to life. *Forever we'll be strong and free, Sweet cup of Liber-Tea.*
Just something fun by Silver Creek Samplers, this measures 66 x 114 stitches. Cute finished as a sandwich-sign stand-up or a little fabric wallhanging quilt!
Dare to Fly
*Life is quickly racing by... Adventures fill the open sky... Do not wait to take a try... Just be a bird and Dare to Fly* By Silver Creek Samplers, Diane based her verse on a A. A. Milne poem about 'opportunities that born and die... because you still wait and will not try...'
A small piece, it is suitable for framing, but it'd make a neat little pillow as well. Think about graduations, new jobs and moves... and even weddings. Wouldn't this be pretty personalized with the new couple's names? Instead of an outdated band sampler... with the rings stuck on there, stitch them something ALIVE and motivating! Offered as a chart, this has a stitch count of 144 x 71 and is coded for Weeks and Gentle Art hand-dyeds.