The Primitive Hare
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
These measure 4 x 5-1/4 and are about 1/4 of an inch thick.
Vintage-inspired designs I think they are carefully decopaged onto the wood. They look nice, and they're smooth.
Colonial Hare & Her Pin Set
This is a new design that has caught the eye of many! By Primitive Hare, it is a very old-style rabbit portrait that is charted in two different colorways -- blue and brown. Blue uses DMC 646, 844, 648, 3072 413 and 415. Brown uses 840, 838 and 3371 instead of the 413, 415 and 3072. You can use any hand-dyed linen, or Primitvie Hare's special 40ct Boleyn Linen -- it is hand-dyed, but she's put words on it... semi-readable... very muted in the background... for a super-aged look. Very interesting... some really like it, some not so much.
The Primitive Hare is quite large, she measures 155 x 249 -- so finishes approx 8 x 12-1/2 on that 40ct... or 9-1/2 x 15-1/2 on 32ct. Colonial Hare is a leaflet, linen offered separately.
2 New Thread Keepers
Two new designs -- lovingly hand-made in Italy -- these are wooden boards, painted or distressed, with a few holes for threads. They really dress up a sewing case, or look really cool 'discarded' in a bowl of stitched pin cushions or on the shelf next to something already stitched.
The Hare in the Moon, the running rabbit, is about 4 x 5, and Hare's Queen is 3-1/2 x 6.
Wooden Thread Boards
We have a delightful selection of 8 different thread boards that have been lovingly handmade in Italy by The Primitive Hare!!! Here are three... but make sure to scroll down to see the rest! Something fun to tuck into a cool sewing case or sewing basket, each of these is a cut-out that has been painted (on both sides) in some way, and then distressed (on both sides).
About 1/8 an inch thick, the whitewashed mermaid measures 3 x 8-ish. The whitewashed Rocking Horse is about 4 x 5, and the whitewashed Sea Horse is about 3 x 5-1/2 Tie a few threads through the holes, and JUST ENJOY having these!!!
Three more thread boards... aren't they charming???
- Hand-Painted Santa's Sleigh Snowglobe -- about 4-1/2 x 5, this one is painted on both sides with the design on one side. Santa's sleigh is ready and waiting... pretty shading in the design and background -- the sleigh rails are an antiqued metallic finish paint!
- Hand-Painted Queen Bee - about 3-1/2 x 5, this one is painted with a soft dusty denim blue color, and features soft honey gold on the bee and flowers. Totally hand-made, design is on one side, but the other side is painted andantiqued as well.
- Golden Bee Hive -- This one is painted a soft butterscotch golden color, then antiqued with black and distressed -- it looks good on both sides! About 3-1/2 x 4-1/4 in size.
The Cauldron and The Cat
A pair for a different time of the year! (But of course, the little black kitty is good any time of the year!) Again, approx 1/8 an inch thick, painted on both sides and distressed on both, so completely reversable.
- Cauldron is approx 4 x 4-1/2 and features a hint of green on her socks!
- Black Kitty measures about 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 -- he's just plain and cute!
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2019 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or fonts
layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos
without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.