6068 S. Sheridan Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74145 (918) 493-1136 (888) 543-7004 E-Mail
Here are antique samplers -- all beautifully re-charted -- so we can enjoy them again for years to come! Presented in full color leaflet format, these publications are ABSOLUTELY LOVELY! The paper is glossed and heavy, the charts are printed in full color, and there is a bit of history included in each about its particular sampler. After you read the descriptions, you gain a new appreciation for the content of each piece and it's historic significance.
If you can get one finished -- what a gorgeous heirloom you will have! Choose any fabrics you want -- they'll be YOUR samplers! Even if you don't stitch a single one of these -- these leaflets themselves are so beautifully done!
Lucy Navier 1818 - Hands Across The Sea's 2019 Queen of the May Sampler
A very special and limited edition release from Hands Across the Sea, Nicola has done an amazing job on this - as always! 35 heavy and glossy pages of history, beautiful charts and diagrams, there are nine pages of huge pictures of the actual stitch detail in the sampler. Truly a treasure to just even own the chart!!!!!
If you aren't planning on adding this to this year's stitching schedule... how about enjoying Lucy's sampler on some stationery cards? Nicola has produced lovely 6" x 8 1/2" heavy-card-stock cards with Lucy's sampler on the front and the chart of the right-hand floral urn on the back. So, not only can you write a stitching friend a note... you can share the chart as well! Sampler cards come in packs of 10 for 24.00... or individual cards are $3 each.
- Harriett Salt 1866, Orphan Number 1628
Nicola's information provided with this chart tell us that every girl who lived at George Muller's orphanage between the ages of 12 and 15 was required to stitch a red thread sampler - their resume with a needle. Pages and pages of sampler history in here, the sampler measures 413 x 414 in stitch count, so will be large, no matter what count linen you decide on!
- Elizabeth Atkinson 1829
Oh my gosh, the verse on this REALLY warns you to *make much of precious time*! I think it warns that when you have a husband to devote your time to... you will lament the time you wasted now! Stitch count is 281 x 220, but the sampler pales in comparison to the 4 comprehensive pages of history Nicola has included about this sampler and the flavor of the times in which it was originally stitched!
- Jane Bannister 1855 - Finishes about 19 x 19 on 32ct. This is a beautiful piece. Presented as a huge colored chart, and FOUR pages of specific history about Jane and where she came from... the politics of the day... and even info about cats (there are some on here). Nicola does a wonderful job of presenting her samplers. After paging though the books, I am left speechless!
- Mary Clayton - An English School Girl Sampler - Believed to be from the 1800's, this doesn't appear to be as daunting and intricate as some of the other Hands samplers. Pretty colors, this one finishes about 9 x 10 on 40ct. Again, 3 pages full of history in here, along with the beautiful charts and artwork on the individual book pages. I love just looking through all of these!
- Elizabeth Weston 1830 - This one is a tribute to Elizabeth's parents! Huge, it is 27 x 28 on 32ct... this verse first appeared in 1685 samplers! Two pages of awesome history in here... not to mention all the beautiful motifs and details in here!
- Eliza Knight - Nicola has three pages of history in here... it starts with the idea of taking into account the rigid barriers of social prejudice and the political, economic and religious climate that women had to contend with in the late Georgian periods. Even before you get to the glorious pages of the chart, you have those 3 pages to read. THEN you look at this beautiful sampler... it finishes approx 15 x 20... 200 years old!
- Amy Cann 1831
307 x 276 Charted for silks or DMC -- 15 shades. Cross over one and two, Satin, Four Sided, Double Running and Algerian Eyelets.
- Sarah Daws 1840
*To my honored parents...* 294 x 523 Charted for silks or DMC -- 24 shades. About 72,000 stitches in this one!
- Eliza Bell Cox 1832
A friendship and forget-me-not piece. 307 x 433, 32 shades of silk or DMC.
- Hannah Gaskill 1823
Jesus on the cross in this one. 478 x 517 -- large -- 23 shades of silk or DMC for your 66,000 stitches!
- Jenefer Gilbert 1818
Seize the moment, learn to live! 229 x 333, only 9 shades of cotton or silk. Crosses over one and two, Chain, Satin and Stems, and Smyrna.
- The Old Scot Circa 1740-60
240 x 271 Stitch Count, 11 shades of cotton or silk. Cross, Back Stitch, Satin, Four Sided, and 2 different variations of Rice Stitches. Two pages if history in here!
- Sarah Borton 1815
Gorgeous inner floral border -- really! 258 x 304. 23 shades of cotton or silk, Crosses over one and two, Chain, Satin, French Knots, Four Sided and Algerian Eyelets.
- Eliza Skelton 1820
281 x 281, 28 shades of cotton or silk, lots of pink in here. Cross Stitch only.
- Elizabeth Harding 1791
367 x 425, 18 shades of threads. The chart is lovely, the history if fascinating to read!
- Elizabeth Beaven 1835
A very cheerful verse! 311 x 461, 14 shades of thread. Awesome history in here, along with 36 close-up pics of the Satin stitch details in the flowers. This is gorgeous!
- Jane Vaughan 1724
168 x 680 -- An English Band Sampler. 17 Shades of thread. Cross Stitch over two and three threads, Satins, Algerian Eyelets, Montenegrin over two and three, Stem, Back, Double Running and Faggot Stitch.
- When Thou Art Rich
239 x 257, 12 shades of cottons or silks. The pic is too red, fabric is really buttercream.
- Elizabeth Furniss 1836
347 x 358, 25 shades of thread, another too red/orange picture -- this is NOT orange!
- Susanna Millne 1843
277 x 347, only 11 shades of thread. All greens and golds, no special stitches.
- Miss Mary Ann Bournes 1791
333 x 386, 15 shades of thread. This one is bold and pretty. Lots of stitches in this one!!!
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2019 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or fonts
layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos
without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.